The Apology and The Discovery

Intervention of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They got egged four more times across two weeks before it stopped. The way they stopped was actually rather impressive. Suddenly, a video appeared on the main page of the fan site. She clicked it while she was sitting at the table, eating the strawberries they had bought her. “Yah! Yoo Hyun Jae!” The video started and she frowned a little. “We can see that you’re important to Taeil Oppa. It looks like you’ve been attempting to be good enough for him. So, you’re safe for now.” The girl said, looking upset. Two younger girls came forward and bowed to the camera.

“We’re sorry we hurt you. Please forgive us.” They chorused and she laughed.

The camera shook as someone muttered. “It’s hard to hate someone who apologizes every time you hit them.”

Hyun Jae found herself laughing softly and smiling. She could totally do this. If she could win the saesangs, she could win anyone. Ukwon leaned on the table and looked at her laptop, frowning. “What are you looking at so intently before making breakfast?” He asked and she shrugged, spinning the laptop towards him. He pressed play as she went to the kitchen, in an over sized t-shirt, shorts, and knee high socks.

Ukwon called the others and happily and ran off with her laptop. “Be careful” She shouted after him as he took the turn rather hard. She smiled and started on breakfast. Good news was nice to hear. It was even nicer to hear that she could stop hiding behind giant sweat shirts and shades. As she was frowning into the fridge, a pair of arms wrapped around her waist and she smiled. “What is it?” She asked, considering whether or not to make Korean or American breakfast.

“That’s no way to treat your beloved.” His breath kissed her ear like a light wind. He rested his head on her shoulder and she got stiff.

“You shouldn’t say things like that, not now.” She whispered and he laughed, shaking his head against her shoulder.

“Everyone is busy watching the video. Besides, I’m not being loud, my angel.” He whispered and she leaned against him, just a little. “You locked your door last night.” He whispered, kissing her neck and she bit her lip.

“You’ve been coming almost every night. Eventually someone will wake up and wonder where you are.” She said, quietly. There was no way she could tell him how much she had missed his warmth in her bed. She had missed being wrapped up in his arms when she fell asleep.

“I miss you all the time.” He said and she smiled, reaching into the fridge for eggs.

“How can you miss me when I’m always here?” She asked, reaching down for the sausage. He hissed and she looked over her shoulder, frowning. He was still holding her waist as she leaned forward. Her bottom was against his groin and he was smiling softly. His fingers gripped her waist, squeezing slightly, and she bit her lip.

She stood up quickly and moved to step away, but he turned her around and pulled her closer. His fingers lifted her chin, making her look up at him. “I miss you because you’re not always right here.” He said, looking down at her with devilish eyes. He squeezed her waist to emphasize his point. She bit her lip and looked away from him. He was making her heart beat funny and she was far too warm. “Someone will catch us.” She said, clutching the eggs to her chest.

Footsteps came around the corner and Zico stepped across the kitchen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter