Finding a Talent

Intervention of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyun Jae was sitting in her room, biting her lip.  Taeil was looking at her brush her hair absently as she thought. Jaehyo had broken her out f the habit of running her fingers through her hair. He had to admit, it was a much more delicate sight. Taeil shook his head as he watched her. She looked like a glass flower, balanced on the edge of a cliff.

Jaehyo walked into her  room and took the brush from her. He sat behind her and brushed her hair in silence for a bit. After a few moment, he placed it on the bed and pulled her until she leaned on his chest lightly. “It will be alright. It won’t be so hard to find your talent, Sweets.” He said and wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

Taeil wanted to help comfort her. He wanted to make her feel better, but he was afraid that bothering her would add to her stress. She was convinced that her talent had to be spectacular. She did not want to embarrass them, or make the fans think he had picked his girlfriend badly. He felt terrible about the stress he was causing her.

 

“You’re sure you can’t sing?” Jaehyo asked and she nodded, silently. He placed his chin on her head and frowned, looking at nothing. “What about dancing? If we taught you a dance, you could do that.” He said and she shrugged.

“I don’t want to do something subpar. I mean, if I dance, I’ll only be half as good as a trainee should be.” She said and he nodded. There was hardly any chance that she would good enough to pass as a trainee in only a few days. “I don’t know what to do. I don’t have any traditional talents.” She said, sounding down heartened. She kicked the bed, in a little fit and he smiled. She was still a little fireball.

“What about martial arts?” Min Hyuk asked, bringing her a tray of fruits. She shook her head and pouted more.

“I’ve never been able to afford to learn.” She said and she picked up one of the strawberries as Jaehyo watched her. She popped it into whole and he smiled. Even when she was pouting and sad, she was adorable.

“Would it make you feel better if I sang?” Ukwon asked and she shrugged, leaning forward. Jaehyo let her go, more than a little reluctantly. Ukwon started to sing and she swayed back and forth, closing her eyes. She popped strawberries into and smiled, softly.

“What about gymnastics? A lot f girls do that in gym class.” P.O. offered and she shook her head.

“I don’t think I’m that good. I’m decent at the uneven bars and the balance beam. I might be able to brush those up.” She said, smiling a little. “That might work, right?” She asked sounding almost hopeful

“They don’t bring in that sized equipment unless you’re a professional gymnast.” Min Hyuk said, frowning. Jaehyo looked down at her as the hope drained from her eyes. All the wind blew out of her sails and she popped another strawberry into .

He felt bad for the Hyun Jae. She was a clever, funny, sweet girl. It was sad the entire country would expect more from her than that. They would expect her to perform on demand like some kind of trained animal. Of course they did. They expected that anyone in the spotlight would entertain them. If they didn’t, well, there would be repercussions. He didn’t want her to suffer that.

“Instruments?” Kyung asked and she shook her head. “Is there anything you used to be good at?”  She shrugged.

“I like to ice skate, and swim, but that’s infeasible.” She said, stills swaying. “I used to be decent at archery, but I haven’t done that for almost two years.” She said, distracted. “The only other notable skill I have-”

“Archery? Do you think y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter