Playing on the beach

Intervention of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyun Jae rolled over and smacked off her alarm when it went off and groaned. The concert had been a lot more tiring than she had expected.  She rolled again and felt the pain in her eyebrow. She reached for it and sighed. She knew if she scratched, Taeil would get mad at her. She sighed heavily and went back to sleep.

“Hyun Jae!” Someone called and she covered her head with the sheets. “Hyun Jae, aren’t you going to make breakfast? We’re starving.” They called and she rolled her eyes. She was on break. Why couldn’t she sleep in one day?

(“You have hands! You can cook!”) She shouted and crawled back under her sheets. After a moment, she was suddenly   fully awake. She sat up, and quickly covered . She put on her glasses and stuck her head out her door, nervously. She found the boys were staring at her and ducked back into her room, slamming the door closed and locking it.

“Hyun Jae, come out.” Kyung said and she leaned all her weight on the door.

The handle started to jiggle and she slid down the door. “Hyun Jae, come on out. Please?” P.O. begged and she hit herself in the head for being stupid. How had she ended up saying that? Why did it have to be English? Ugh, and it had been so rude. It wasn’t even the kind of phrase you could pass off as casual knowledge.  She was doomed.

“Go get a screw driver.” Zico ordered and she sighed, giving up. She was caught and staying behind this door was just going to make things worse.

“I’m coming out. No need to go to take the door down. Just give me a minute.” She said, quietly and everyone on the other side of the door was silent. She stood up and put in her contacts before opening the door. She bowed quickly and apologized. “I’m sorry for yelling.”

“You’re foreign?” Zico asked, bluntly and she nodded, nibbling on her lip. He surprised her by hugging her and swinging her off the floor. She screamed and clung to his shoulders, shocked. He let her slide through his arms, until her feet dangled just inches above the floor. “You’re perfect.”

P.O. snatched her away and jumped up and down with her. Ukwon picked her up and swung her. Kyung grabbed her out of Ukwon’s arms and put her on her feet, rubbing her hair until it stood on end. Jaehyo hugged her, sqeezing her face into his chest. She was still whimpering when Taeil spun in a circle with her at arm’s length. Min Hyuk pulled her under his arm and she leaned on him, dizzy and confused.

“What…. What was that?” She asked, out of breath.

“You didn’t know? We have a special place in our hearts for foreign girls.” Min Hyuk told her and she frowned. “Especially-” Ukwon snatched Min Hyuk by the mouth and pulled him backwards. Hyun Jae laughed a little and rubbed her arms.

“So, you don’t think I’m weird or anything?” she asked and they laughed at her.

“Of course, you are. You’re a total freak.” P.O, said, hugging her. “Now, you’re as weird as we are.” He said, and she laughed. “So, where are you taking our little mascot, fearless leader?” P.O. taunted and Zico frowned at them.

“We’re going to the beach.” Zico said, pushing P.O. “Do you have a swimsuit?” He asked and she shrugged.

“I don’t think I packed it. I wasn’t thinking about swimming when I packed, just not embarrassing you all.” She said and Zico laughed. “I’ll just find it after I finish making breakfast.”

“Go on, get dressed. They can feed themselves. If you can’t find one, we’ll just pick one up at the beach.” He said and she nodded. She retreated back into her room and starred into her open closet. She didn’t really have much beach wear. She ended up choosing a light, white wrap dress that she wouldn’t mind being destroyed by the water.

She tied her hair up in a high pony tail and came out swinging her flip flops in her hand. She was glad she wouldn’t need the band-aid today. She smiled tightly when she saw the boys, playing while Taeil cooked. Min Hyuk put an arm out in front of her, stopping her in her tracks. “You’re nearly !” Min Hyuk said, like an angry older brother. He turned her around and pushed her back towards her room. “Go, change immediately, little sister.”

“I’ll be even more at the beach in my swim suit.” She teased, grinning. Min Hyuk looked like he was going to have a heart attack.

Zico was leaning on the door frame and smirking at her from the entrance. “Are you coming, or is your big br

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter