Chapter 9

A Chance For Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kai. Kai. Kai! Focus!” Sehun screamed, kicking the ball at Kai’s face.

“What’s wrong with you?” Kai shouted.

“You keep dozing off,” Sehun muttered.

“I can’t help it,” Kai smiled, hugging the ball as he lied down in the grass.

“What happened?” Sehun asked.

“Krystal, she knows my name, Sehun!” Kai said.

“What exactly happened after that day? You didn’t even talk to her this whole weekend, how would you know if she still remembers your name?” Sehun questioned.

“It’s a feeling! And today when she sees me, she will know my name! I know it,” Kai smiled.

 

Flashback:

"Krystal," Kai called as he sat on the motorcycle that was parked at a beautiful meadow. His body was stiff feeling Krystal hug him tightly behind, not letting him go. "Do you want to talk about it?" He whispered, feeling her shake her head. "It helps." He added, before he got up slowly, taking her hand as he led her into the meadow, her head looking down.

"I never knew people were that mean," Krystal spoke, tears falling once again. "Why did they have to bring my mom in? What did she do wrong? It was my fault." Krystal cried.

"Stop. Nothing's your fault. They're dumb, they don't have feelings. They're jealous." Kai said.

"Jealous of what? I don't have a mom. I don't have friends here. I'm lost and everyone hates me." Krystal muttered.

"I don't have a mom or a dad. I'm your friend and most importantly I know for a fact that I don't hate you." Kai said, letting out a soft chuckle as Krystal looked at him. "It's true."

"Why don't you hate me like everyone else? You're popular and everyone likes you." Krystal said.

"Well because..." Kai started as he sat down, patting the seat next to him. "If you want me to speak honestly." He chuckled.

"I don't like liars." Krystal warned.

"I liked you because you're pretty. Beautiful to be exact. When we met that day I was shocked since you were so pretty. I warned myself not to like you because most pretty girls were mean but then you moved into our school." Kai explained.

"Only because I'm pretty. It's the same reason why everyone else approaches me." Krystal whispered, hugging her knees.

"No. No. No. Don't get me wrong. After seeing you, I found out that your personality was interesting. You're different. Under that cold mask, you're actually a very sweet person. You just don't want to show me yet and I'll make you show me one day." Kai smiled widely.

"You're weird," Krystal muttered.

"Yeah I get that a lot. From my family at least. Oh and Sehun. That Oh Sehun." Kai shook his head as Krystal laughed softly and his eyes went wide. "You laughed!"

"No I didn't." Krystal said with a straight face.

"I saw it! I heard it! My heart stopped and there was a light shining from you and you smiled!" Kai pointed.

"This is reality, not some drama." Krystal replied as she stood up. "Take me home."

"Not until you admit that you did laugh at me," Kai pointed.

"Or else I'll call the police and you will be accused of kidnapping me." Krystal said.

"Who said?" Kai asked.

"I did and the law." Krystal replied, walking back to the motorcycle as she put on her helmet.

"So you actually want to ride with me," Kai smiled widely.

"Just hurry up, Jonghun." Krystal demanded.

"Jongin!" Kai pouted.

End of Flashback

 

"So in the end she still didn't remember your name," Sehun laughed, kicking the ball back and forth.

"Yeah she did. Before that." Kai said.

"I don't believe you." Sehun replied.

"She did, okay?!" Kai shouted as he grabbed Sehun's arms.

"No. She remembers mine plus she called you Jonghun. Where did the 'Hun' come from? Se... HUUUUUN." Sehun laughed.

"Ew! No! Stop! Practice! You're so annoying!" Kai complained before running into the fields.

"And that's why I'm normal." Sehun laughed.

 

"Can you explain to me why you didn't do all of the homework?" Krystal's private teacher asked.

"I've been busy," Krystal replied.

"You've always been busy but you always finished your homework." He replied.

"Only because you made me," Krystal said.

"It's because I'm teaching you," He told her.

"I'll try to finish it next time," Krystal muttered.

"What exactly has been keeping you busy?" He chuckled.

"It's not your business, Mr. Kim," Krystal said as she started reading silently. "Kim." She repeated as she laughed softly.

"Is there something funny about my name, Princess?" The teacher asked.

"No. Nothing." Krystal replied, shaking her head. "Just Kim Jongin." She whispered to herself.

 

"It's time for your French class, Princess," Yoona said as she walked into Jessica's study room.

"Give me a second, I'm a little busy," Jessica replied, her pencil tapping her head.

"But your teacher is already here," Seohyun whispered.

"Okay, okay, just let me finish this dress," Jessica replied before they walked out and she quickly finished sketching.

"Bonjour, (princess)," the teacher greeted as she walked into the room.

"I'm working on something right now, give me a second," Jessica told her.

"(French only, remember?)" the teacher replied.

"I'm not in France right now and I don't think I'm going to France any time soon," Jessica said.

"(Princess. May I know what you're working on?)" the teacher asked.

"Nothing! Nothing!" Jessica said, hiding her designs in her drawer. "I mean, (nothing, nothing)."

"(Then let's start our lesson)" the teacher replied.

"If you don't mind can we be quick today? I have something else to do after this," Jessica told the teacher softly while looking at the text on her phone.

Hey... We still have to celebrate. You've been away... -Donghae

I've been busy preparing for the new job ): -Jessica

Now you won't have time for me... Sigh. -Donghae

I will always have time for you! I promise we can celebrate today! I promise! -Jessica

You better keep it this time! I'm waiting at the dance studio. Come. Quick! ASAP! -Donghae

“Princess Jung, we can’t start unless you stop texting,” the teacher told her.

“Right,” Jessica nodded, placing her phone down.

 

"Jung Yunho, are you listening?" The king asked.

"Y-Yes?" Yunho replied, quickly looking at his father.

"You've been out of it, mine telling me?" The king questioned.

"I'm just tired, that's all." Yunho smiled.

"I don't know why you would be tired." The king muttered. "But study these over. It's about world connections and the meetings also press conferences."

"Yes, Sir," Yunho nodded.

"I trust you. Study hard," the king patted his back before leaving.

"Someone was daydreaming~" Changmin sang.

"Why am I always stuck with you? Where are the others?" Yunho asked.

"Busy," Changmin said, sitting down. "So what were you thinking about?"

"Work," Yunho lied.

"Liar you were thinking about your dinner with Boa last time!" Changmin laughed.

"No I wasn't!" Yunho shouted.

"Just admit it, I know you too well," Changmin smiled widely.

"Okay... Maybe just a little," Yunho muttered.

"What happened? Tell me, tell me, tell me! Victoria wants to know too," Changmin said.

"Then I will tell her but since she isn't here I won't say anything," Yunho shook his head.

"I'm here! Sorry I'm late, I was getting Princess Soojung's things ready," Victoria smiled before Changmin pulled out a seat for her.

"It's story time~," Changmin sang as Yunho rolled his eyes.

"So after you dropped us off.." Yunho started.

Flashback: (Italics=Flashback, Normal=Present)

“We’ll get going now,” Victoria smiled.

“I’ll pick you two up whenever you’re done,” Changmin wiggled his eyebrows.

“I know that part… I was there,” Changmin said.

“Shut up and just let me tell the story!” Yunho shouted, slapping his head.

“I know I said we were going to go to a fancy place but honestly I don’t know about anything around here,” Yunho laughed. “So Changmin recommended this place. It’s pizza if you don’t mind. It’s fancy just not super fancy.” He chuckled.

“I’m perfectly fine with pizza." Boa laughed softly.

"That's good. I like pizza too." Yunho smiled before the two walked in and got a seat near the window. "Seoul really is beautiful at night."  

"Of course. It's really fun too. Festivals, events, all sorts of things happen around here at night," Boa said while Yunho gave her the menu.

"Really? Well then you can show me all of it," Yunho told her. "You pick."

"Let’s get the special pizza,” Boa pointed with a smile. “And the one with extra cheese, I love cheese.”

“That will be the order then,” Yunho told the waiter.

“Wow! TFTI! Thanks for the invite! I totally would have ate that too!” Changmin shouted.

“We always make it for you,” Victoria muttered.

“Technically you were invited but you weren’t allowed to join,” Yunho smiled widely. “Anyways..”

“The pizza is really good,” Boa complimented.

“It is. But you know who makes pizzas better?” Yunho asked.

“Who?” Boa laughed.

“Me,” Yunho pointed.

“What a liar. Stop complimenting yourself,” Boa shook her head.

“I can cook! I’m good at it. Hyoyeon and I can cook. Sooyeon and Soojung, not at all,” Yunho laughed. “Trust me. Did you not see my cake last time?”

“Just because you can make cake, it doesn’t mean you can make pizza,” Boa said, eating the cheese.

“I make it for my family all the time. Hyoyeon’s mom taught me,” Yunho chuckled.

“You treasure your family a lot, don’t you?” Boa asked.

“Very much,”  Yunho nodded, finishing his pizza.

End of Flashback

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter