Chapter 8

A Chance For Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I usually see her right here on my way to school,” Kai said, parking his motorcycle near the sidewalk.

“Your part time job is a stalker, right?” Sehun asked with his hands in his pocket.

“Oh Sehun! Shut up and just go away!” Kai shouted.

“I’m your babysitter, I can’t leave you alone,” Sehun said.

“I’m older than you,” Kai replied, crossing his arms.

“By like two months,” Sehun rolled his eyes.

“Two months and twenty nine days,” Kai corrected.

“That’s how many days it’s going to take for Krystal to remember your name,” Sehun smirked.

“No! She’ll remember it soon!” Kai shouted.

“Really? Cause she obviously remembered my name in two hours and twenty nine minutes,” Sehun teased.

“Just shut up and go away!” Kai pushed him. “Besides, it’s not my first time taking her to school.”

“You force her to come with you,” Sehun laughed as he left down the street after Kai kicked him.

“I can’t believe I’m friends with him,” Kai muttered, leaning against his motorcycle while waiting for Krystal. Kicking his foot back and forth as he waited, the sound of soft humming made him look up. A smile appeared on his face. “Krystal! Krystal!” He called, waving to the girl who was looking down at her feet as she walked. “Krystal!” He called again but she didn’t even react one bit. Seeing her stop, Kai was about to speak only to see her pick up a coin and keep walking. “Krystal Jung!” Kai called loudly, grabbing her arm and spinning her arm.

Before Krystal could scream, her eyes met with Kai’s as she frowned. Taking out her earphones, she looked at Kai who was staring at her silently.

“Can I help you?” Krystal asked.

“Sorry, I didn’t know you were listening to music. I thought you were ignoring me,” Kai laughed embarrassingly, scratching the back of his head.

“Since you’re done, I’m going to go to school, I don’t want to be late,” Krystal said, looking at Kai’s hand that was still on her arm. “I need to go.”

“No!” Kai shouted as Krystal raised an eyebrow. “You can’t!”

“Why not?” Krystal replied.

“Because I said so,” Kai said.

“That’s not a good enough reason, Jongdae,” Krystal said.

“It’s Jongin!” Kai corrected. Before Krystal could pull her arm away, Kai started dragging her towards the motorcycle.

“Let go of me,” Krystal told him coldly.

“I can’t, I’m taking you to school,” Kai smiled.

"You can't force me to go with you!" Krystal screamed.

"Hey you finally talk to me in another voice," Kai said, getting on the motorcycle as he put on his helmet, holding a purple one for her.

"I'm not getting on," Krystal crossed her arms.

"Just let me take you to school, please," Kai said.

"I don't trust you," Krystal replied.

"I'm Kai! What can I do?!" Kai shouted.

"Oh yeah, Sehun is the one that can do stuff," Krystal said.

"Don't mention Sehun in front of me! You know what, you have to get on," Kai said, pulling her arm and forcing her on the motorcycle.

"I'm telling my brother on you," Krystal muttered.

"What can he do? Wait… a lot more than me but still, you can’t get off now,” Kai said, putting on his helmet.

“Wait. Don’t drive. Let me get off.” Krystal said, but before she could get down, Kai started his motorcycle.

“You better hold on tight,” Kai warned her as Krystal rolled her eyes. Once Kai started driving the motorcycle, Krystal held onto the jacket of his uniform tightly. “Krystal Jung, you’re too mysterious.” He chuckled to himself.

 

“Wait, you what?” Yunho asked as Jessica sat in the dance studio with him.

“I signed up for a job in the fashion world,” Jessica pointed.

“Sooyeon, you don’t have any experience! First Soojung now you,” Yunho said.

“There’s nothing wrong with it. I might as well do it since we’re always out here now,” Jessica told him.

“If you do get caught, it’s the end. You know the fashion world pays attention to the royal family a lot,” Yunho said.

“If no one tells, then they won’t know,” Jessica said.

“Tell who what and won’t know what?” Donghae asked curiously.

"Donghae! How long have you been listening?" Yunho asked.

"I walked by and just heard. Learn how to close the door," Donghae said.

"Sorry I was in a rush,” Jessica shrugged.

“I mean… it’s okay!” Donghae smiled widely.

“He’s so weird,” Yunho said, standing up.

“Excuse me? I’m your boss!” Donghae replied.

“I’m still older and she’s my sister,” Yunho pointed.

“What does that have to do with anything?” Donghae muttered.

“Boa told me about your dreams,” Yunho smirked, walking out of the room.

“Those are lies! Well Boa told me about your talents and how you’re good at everything!” Donghae shouted back.

“That’s a good thing,” Yunho smiled widely.

“Your brother is too good to be true,” Donghae frowned, crossing his arms as he sat down on the floor.

“So what kind of dreams do you have?” Jessica asked, blinking at him.

“N-Nothing!” Donghae screamed.

“Liar. Tell me or else,” Jessica threatened.

“I think I have somewhere to go, sorry bye!” Donghae yelled, running out of the room quickly.

“Wait! Come back here! I still need your help!” Jessica shouted, running down the hallways of the dance academy as she tried to chase him.

 

“Wait, wait, wait,” Hyoyeon said, putting her hand in front of Eunhyuk’s face. “Repeat, please.”

“I signed us up for a dance competition,” Eunhyuk said.

“Why? I didn’t even approve!” Hyoyeon shouted.

“I don’t need you to, I’m your boss,” Eunhyuk told her.

“I’m a human. And if you really knew who I was, you wouldn’t be doing this,” Hyoyeon muttered.

“It’s going to be fine, we have good chemistry,” Eunhyuk said.

“No we don’t. We don’t get along at all,” Hyoyeon started.

“Prove it,” Eunhyuk smirked as Hyoyeon smack his head. “Hyoyeon!”

“Exactly my point,” Hyoyeon smiled innocently. “This won’t be on T.V., right?”

“I don’t know yet. Why, nervous?” Eunhyuk teased.

“No! I just have my reasons,” Hyoyeon replied.

“Okay, enough with this talking, I have an important task for us to do today,” Eunhyuk said, standing up from his chair.

“Task, today?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Actually in a few days. For now, you and Yunho take a break. You two look exhausted.” Eunhyuk replied.

“What are we doing?” Hyoyeon questioned.

“You’ll see!” Eunhyuk said as he left to teach his class.

 

“I knew it. My cake is just pure perfection,” Yunho smiled.

“There was one bad thing about it though,” Boa said while the two were walking down the street.

“Wait, what?” Yunho stared at her with wide eyes.

“It was too small,” Boa replied, laughing.

“You scared me! I thought no one liked it,” Yunho panicked.

“You’re such a perfectionist,” Boa rolled her eyes playfully while eating the sandwich in her hand.

“I can’t help it,” Yunho muttered.

“Why not? Everyone makes mistakes,” Boa said.

“In my family, I can’t afford to make mistakes,” Yunho replied.

“What do you mean by that?” Boa raised an eyebrow.

“I’m the oldest child. It’s my duty to take care of my sisters and cousin. My dad is busy with work. He’s not home much. My stepmom, we don’t like her and she’s just a harm to my family. My aunt, I feel like I’m in charge of taking care of her too.” Yunho explained. “And in the future, if I make a mistake it would be bad for the family and the whole country-... The whole business.”

“So your family owns a business?” Boa asked.

“Something like that,” Yunho nodded.

“Everyone makes mistakes there, even Hyukjae does.” Boa said.

“It’s hard to understand.” Yunho told her. “When I have the courage to tell, I’ll tell you.”

“Don’t worry,” Boa smiled. “You can tell me whenever you want.”

“Your family,” Yunho started, looking at her.

“What happened to your mom?” Boa asked as Yunho stopped walking and swallowed nervously. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to ask. It was just you said you had a stepmom and-,” before she could finish, Yunho’s phone started ringing.

“Dinnner, this Friday,” Yunho said as he saw Changmin’s name on his phone. “I’ll tell you at lunch.” He told her and started running off.

“Where are you going? Wait. Lunch?” Boa questioned.

“I’ll text you. My family needs me. Bye, Bboa,” Yunho waved.

“Bboa?” She repeated, staring at Yunho as he ran off.

 

“Kai took her to school this morning!”

“On his motorcycle?”

“He never does that!”

“His friends can’t even touch it.”

“I bet she forced him to take her.”

“She acts like such a princess.”

“More like an ice princess.” the female students said as Krystal walked towards lunch. Letting out a sigh, she placed her lunch down at an empty table, sitting down quietly.

“Krystal. Hi.”

“Can you help me with this homework?”

“So do you want to go to a party this weekend?”

“I brought lunch for you.” the male students said as Krystal tried to ignore them and eat. Inside, she was desperately wanting to run away and go home. Who knew she would get this much attention at school.

“Out of the way,” Suzy said and sat down at Krystal’s lunch table.

“Thank you,” Jiyoung smiled, snatching the lunch out of the boy’s hand.

“Your shoes are cute,” Sohyun complimented and got pushed by Jiyoung. “I mean they’re old.”

“I’m trying to eat,” Krystal said, eating her food as the males around her left.

“So how does it feel getting this much attention?” Suzy asked. “Do you like stealing my fame?”

“If I wanted your fame, I would have already done something,” Krystal replied.

“Don’t act like a smarty pants with me,” Suzy demanded.

“Have you seen your grades?” Krystal asked coldly as Suzy glared at her and people started muttering.

“Don’t you dare speak of it!” Suzy screamed.

“It’s posted all around the school, who isn’t speaking of it?” Krystal replied.

“You better watch what you’re saying!” Suzy threatened.

“The same goes for you,” Krystal said, gathering her lunch as she stood up and started walking away.

“You’ll regret this, Krystal Jung!” Suzy screamed as Krystal rolled her eyes. Before she could get any further, Kai came running towards her after soccer practice.

“Krystal, did you finish lunch already? Where are you going? Sit with us,” Kai smiled.

“Move,” Krystal said coldly.

“What?” Kai asked, his eyebrows furrowing.

“Don’t take me to school anymore. Don’t take me home anymore. Just go eat lunch with your precious Suzy.” Krystal replied as she continued walking and Kai grabbed her arm.

“Wait. Did I do something? Did my cousins do something to your family? What’s happening? You were fine this morning. Are you sick? Should I call your brother?” Kai questioned as Krystal glared at his arm.

“I’m here for school only, nothing more and I hope you understand that,” Krystal said, removing his arm as she continued to walk.

“Krystal!” Sehun waved as Krystal bowed slightly and walked towards Ms. Kang’s room. “What’s wrong with her?” he asked, slightly concerned.

“I don’t know,” Kai whispered, looking over as Suzy waved to him. Walking towards her, he sat down and looked at her. “What did you do to Krystal?”

“Nothing, we only talked,” Suzy replied innocently.

“If you did she wouldn’t be acting like that,” Kai said.

“You barely know her,” Suzy replied.

“I know her a lot better than I know you,” Kai told her.

“I just wanted to know how she got the attention so easily. Everyone’s wondering why you take her to school on your motorcycle,” Suzy said.

“It doesn’t matter,” Kai stated.

“It matters to me,” Suzy assured.

“Kai, don’t even talk to her,” Sehun replied, grabbing his arm as he pulled Kai away.

“What if she tells Yunho? What if something happens?” Kai asked.

“Krystal’s not like that. Shouldn’t you know that by now?” Sehun muttered.

 

-Dinner Time

“How was today?” Queen Kim asked while sitting at the dinner table.

“Mom, do you remember the name of our boss?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Hyukjae? Yes, why?” Queen Kim replied.

“He signed me up for a dance competition for no reason!” Hyoyeon screamed.

“Are you dumb?. The reason is because you’re a good dancer,” Yunho rolled his eyes.

“Don’t roll your eyes at me,” Hyoyeon demanded.

“Stop arguing,” Queen Kim laughed.

“Sooyeon here decided to sign up for a job,” Yunho pointed.

“That’s good,” Queen Kim smiled.

“Aunt! It’s not! What if she gets caught?” Yunho asked.

“You and Hyoyeon are working, Soojung is going to school, it’s only fair for Sooyeon to work,” Queen Kim said.

“That’s why I love you, Auntie,” Jessica smiled and hugged her while sticking her tongue out at Yunho. Yunho’s eyes landed on Krystal who was staring down at her lap quietly.

“Soojung, did something happen at school?” Yunho questioned.

“No, nothing. I’m just tired, that’s all,” Krystal replied quietly, the phone in her lap constantly vibrating as the King and Queen Nam walked in.

“You four are finally early for dinner for once,” the King chuckled as he sat down.

“We’ve just been getting a lot of homework,” Yunho lied.

“And dance practice,” Hyoyeon added.

“We can’t forget about sleep,” Jessica smiled as the King looked at the quiet Krystal.

“Soojung, is something wrong?” the King asked.

“No, it’s just been a long day,” Krystal whispered, her eyes glued onto the phone as the food was being placed on the table.

“It’s your favorite tonight,” Queen Nam smiled. “I requested it.”

“I suddenly don’t want to eat,” Jessica and Hyoyeon muttered as they giggled and got nudged by Queen Kim.

“Let’s eat,” the King smiled as everyone started to eat. Hearing her phone, Jessica reached for it as she smiled, texting under the table as she ate.

What did you want to tell me? -Donghae

You better keep your promise! -Jessica

What promise? I didn’t make

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter