Chapter 3

A Chance For Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What’s happening?” the three girls asked.“What are we going to do that day?” they added.

“We’re leaving the palace that day.” Yunho started. “We’re going to escape.” 

"What?" The girls replied looking at him as their maids looked at Yunho, confused.

"Escape? Are you crazy?" Hyoyeon asked. 

"How is that even possible?" Krystal added.

"Who thought of this?" Jessica questioned looking at Yunho's assistants.

"He did." The four replied. "We just helped."

"How? The point was to not get exposed." Hyoyeon said.

"We won't." Yunho told them.

"That's impossible," Jessica replied.

"Really?" Yunho asked as he opened a map of the palace and had pictures of some of their workers.

"I don't know why but I kind of want to," Krystal said as everyone looked at her. "It sounds fun." She shrugged.

"How will we do this?" Hyoyeon asked curiously.

"Changmin, explain," Yunho pointed to the things.

"Yes, Sir." Changmin nodded. "I think we should move to your meeting room." He suggested as everyone nodded.

"We're clear," Taecyeon said as they walked quickly to Yunho's meeting room and once again closed the doors and windows.

"We're good to go." Kyuhyun said as he the projector and the siblings and Hyoyeon sat down while the others stood.

"This is the map of the palace." Changmin pointed at the wall. "Right here is our escape path." He said pointing to a red line.

"On that day the ceremony will be a little before noon. At ten o'clock to be exact." Onew added.

"The Queen wants you to be prepared at nine, that won't happen." Changmin said looking down at his files. "Early that morning, guards, cooks, maids, and everyone will be busy preparing for the celebration. That's when we escape." 

"At exactly eight o'clock, we will all meet at the back garden of the palace.” Onew informed. “If our predictions are right, no one should be in the back garden at that time.”

“Are we escaping as in leaving for ever or just for the event?” Jessica asked.

“Just for the event,” Yunho replied. “And when necessary.”

“But how will we escape? There’s guards everywhere,” Hyoyeon told them.

“Who said they’re on her side?” Yunho said as Changmin changed the screen.

“Kim Youngwoon (Kangin) Choi Siwon, Hwang Miyoung (Tiffany), Choi Minho, Amber Liu, Henry Lau, and Kris Wu Yifan are the main guards on duty that day.” Changmin explained. “I haven’t discussed it with them yet but I’ll find a way for them to let us out.”

“What about everyone else?” Krystal asked looking at the maids as they nodded.

“Just act busy that day and make it seem like you weren’t involved.” Onew replied to the maids. “Kyuhyun and Taecyeon will be keeping guard most of the time to make sure no one sees us preparing that day.”

“Are you sure this will work?” the three looked at Yunho.

“I’m sure... I’m positive,” Yunho nodded.

 

~A Couple Days Later

"Appa is coming home!!!" Donghae cheered while dancing.

"I almost forgot, all this work stuff is stressing me out." Eunhyuk sighed.

"Just let it go, Hyung. Let it go~." Kai sang.

"Jongin is right, lets go make a mini celebration for Appa." Donghae suggested. 

"There's a celebration for the King's arrival today. Shouldn't we attend?" Boa asked looking at the boys.

"Think about it, Noona. The whole country will celebrate for the King." Kai replied.

"You know what. Let's celebrate for Uncle. He's all we have and we're all he has." Eunhyuk said as the others nodded.

"I'll go buy smoothies for Appa during lunch. It should be around the time he gets back." Donghae told them.

"I'll check on the studio today. Eunhyuk Oppa, you need a break. Maybe I can set up for the next practice." Boa smiled.

"Are you sure?" Eunhyuk asked as Boa nodded. "Fine but remember don't let the kids run around in the dance team's room, they like it and we can't get anything messed up." He told her as she nodded.

"What about me?" Kai smiled widely.

"No." The three elders looked at him.

"Come on! I don't have soccer practice! I'll be out of school for lunch today. Please!" Kai begged.

"No." The three replied. 

"You stay out of trouble." Boa demanded.

"Or else!" His two hyungs threatened.

"Fine! I'm going to school!" Kai said as he ran out.

"Okay, lets get to work." Eunhyuk told the other two.

 

"Right on time." Yunho said checking his watch. "How does my room look?"

"The pillows Kyuhyun set up looks real." Changmin replied.

"Even I almost thought it was you," Onew chuckled.

"You're pretty gullible," Taecyeon said as Yunho was inspecting the girls' rooms.

"Looks perfect. Where are they?" Yunho muttered.

"How do I look?" Hyoyeon asked.

"Looks pretty casual to me." Changmin nodded.

"You're good." Taecyeon complimented.

"I've been outside before," Hyoyeon smiled.

"I actually like this," Krystal said while walking towards them.

"What is that?" Yunho asked.

"A school uniform, Prince," Luna answered. 

"People wear that to school? It looks pretty nice." Yunho said.

"They have one for boys too but you're too old for school in the normal world." Victoria explained.

"What she said." Changmin nodded.

"I'm here." Jessica ran to them.

"That won't work," Onew shook his head.

"That's too much, Princess," Kyuhyun told her.

"We couldn't find anything casual," Seohyun said.

"This was all her closet had," Yoona added.

"I don't see anything wrong with that," Yunho said.

"You too, Prince." Taecyeon told him.

"Yup," the other three guys nodded.

"What's wrong with our clothes?" The two asked.

"According to the Internet, those are brand names. It's also custom made only for people in the palace." Hyoyeon explained. "People will notice. You have to wear normal clothes."

"Normal clothes?" The two siblings asked.

"Yup," Krystal nodded.

 

"So this is normal clothes! It's not as bad as I imagined." Jessica smiled looking at herself in the mirror.

"I look cool. There's such things as sweats? All my life I could have wore these." Yunho smiled.

"There's also these, it's called basketball shorts," Changmin informed.

"We're almost behind on time!" Kyuhyun shouted running to them.

"Princess! This backpack!" Victoria said giving it to Krystal. 

"There's some random things in there. Also money." Luna added.

"Cool. Thanks." Krystal smiled.

"Here's your bag." Yoona handed it to Jessica.

"There's money too. Please be careful with the bag." Seohyun smiled.

"Thanks." Jessica giggled.

"This is called a wallet." Changmin handed it to Yunho.

"I know what it is." Yunho chuckled.

"There's money for you too." Onew added.

"There's a card in there called a credit card." Taecyeon said.

"Everyone has it. Use it whenever you don't have money." Kyuhyun told them.

"Why do I feel like I'm the only one that will be okay?" Hyoyeon asked.

"What is that supposed to mean?" The siblings glared at her.

"And Krystal." Hyoyeon said quickly.

"Me too. I agree." Krystal nodded.

"I almost forgot." Changmin took out a suitcase and opened it. "Cellphones."

"All of our numbers are on here. We didn't want you to use the palace cellphones." Onew said.

"If anything happens remember to call." Kyuhyun added.

"We'll come running over." Taecyeon told them as the maids nodded.

"How will we get back in later?" Jessica asked.

"Same way. Taecyeon will be waiting." Yoona said.

"We should start heading out." Changmin informed. "Positions everyone. Lets go." He said as they all went their own way.

 

"We're clear." Kyuhyun said in the walkie talkie.

"This way." Taecyeon pointed as everyone followed him.

"I'll get going. The Queen might come by so I need to stall her." Changmin said as he ran off.

"I'll take care of other things. Be careful." Onew bowed and left.

"Princess, please be careful." Luna said.

"If anything happens, call." Victoria added.

"I'll be fine. Trust me." Krystal smiled.

"Don't worry. It's these two we have to worry about." Hyoyeon pointed.

"I can survive!" Jessica argued.

"We all can. Lets just hurry." Yunho demanded pushing the girls ahead towards the gate.

"Siwon! Tiffany!" Taecyeon called as they turned around.

"Annyeonghaseyo," the two bowed to them. 

"This way." Siwon pointed as they all stayed back.

"Be careful~" the maids and Taecyeon waved.

"We will." The four replied and followed SiFany.

"When we get out there, there will be a path that leads out of the palace. Amber and Henry will take you on the golf cart. Once we get to the front Kangin and Minho will try their best to hide you and lead you out to the city." Tiffany explained.

"At night it's the same. Kris will take you in though." Siwon nodded.

"Okay." The four nodded.

"We're here!" Henry waved.

"Hop on! We got to go!" Amber said as the four got on and Henry started driving.

"Please be careful there are a lot of the Queen's guards today." Henry said as the four nodded and looked down everytime someone passed them.

"Kangin! Minho!" Amber called as they ran towards them.

"Hello." The two bowed as the four got off.

"It's not far but there's extra guards today." Kangin said.

"We can only take you out. After that your on your own." Minho said walking them towards the big gates. "Those guards are on our side. But those-" he started.

"They're horrible and we will get us in trouble." Kangin interrupted.

"Alright." Yunho nodded and saw the gate. "Wow."

"It's that big?" Jessica asked.

"I'm worried about everyone right now," Hyoyeon said.

"Don't worry, nothing will happen." Jessica smiled.

"Are you sure, Unnie? Cause I'm worried too." Krystal muttered.

"Okay. You ready?" Yunho asked as Kangin and Minho helped them.

"Yes!" The girls replied as they followed the boys.

"Minho! Kangin Hyung!" Kyuhyun's voice shouted thought the walkie talkie.

"What is it?" Kangin asked.

"The Queen is heading towards that way! Hurry and the Prince and Princesses!" Kyuhyun demanded.

"This way! Hurry!" Minho said as they ran towards a car.

"I don't know how to drive!" Yunho panicked.

"I do! Just get in!" Hyoyeon demanded as she hopped into the driver's seat.

"Do you know your way around?" Jessica asked getting in.

"Of course I do!" Hyoyeon replied as she started the car.

"Please be careful!" Kangin and Minho told them.

"You too. Lets go!" Yunho said as Hyoyeon started the car.

"You won't kill us... Right?" Krystal asked as she watched Hyoyeon drive and operate the GPS.

"Of course not, I have a license from the palace." Hyoyeon smiled proudly. 

"Will we just stay in this car all day?" Jessica asked.

"No. We can't." Yunho shook his head.

"Why not?" Jessica looked at her brother.

"According to Hyoyeon this car is expensive. People will be suspicious if we drive around all day." Yunho explained.

"Then what will we do?" Krystal asked.

"I'll find a place to park it. A hotel or nice apartment. I'll just come pick you up or we will meet up there at the end of the day." Hyoyeon said.

"Are you saying we won't be together?" Jessica gasped.

"We need to learn how to be independent." Krystal said.

"Right." Jessica nodded as Hyoyeon parked the car at a nice apartment building.

"Wow." Yunho said as he got out the car. "This is what Seoul looks like?"

"It's so beautiful" Jessica smiled.

"And open and free," Krystal added.

"So what's the plan?" Hyoyeon asked leaning against the car.

"We'll meet right back here in three hours. That will be around the time the ceremony should start. We will be missing so they will keep going on without us. Once the introduction and Appa's speech is finished, we head back like nothing happened." Yunho told them as they nodded. "And remember don't tell anyone who we are." He added.

"Keep your phones on all the time." Hyoyeon said.

"Call if anything happens too." Jessica nodded.

"I'm going this way. Bye." Krystal told them as she walked off.

"I'll go take a look around." Yunho waved as he left.

"What will we do?" Jessica looked at Hyoyeon.

"We?" Hyoyeon shook her head. "No~" she said as she started walking.

"Just for a while! Please!" Jessica chased her.

"Fine! Fine!" Hyoyeon laughed. "Hey, you're running!"

"Oh be quiet," Jessica glared at her.

 

"So much food." Krystal said while walking down the street and looking at all the food stores. Her eyes stopped when she saw an old lady selling a steaming red food. She started making her way over there but before she could say anything a crowd of students rushed over before her. "They're wearing uniforms too." She whispered to herself and noticed a lot of people buying the food. 

"Lunch is my favorite time of the day because of this! Kamsahabnida, Ahjumma!" The students smiled while buying it. Krystal stared at them as some of them glared at her.

"Excuse me," Krystal called to a girl next to her.

"What is it?" She smiled back at Krystal.

"What are you eating? What is it called? What is it?" Krystal asked in a monotone as the girl was taken aback.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter