Chapter 1

A Chance For Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Twelve Years Ago

"APPA!! APPA!!!" a ten year old boy screamed while running through the palace.

"I'll get there first!! Appa!!" an eight year old girl ran after.

"Wait! You guys never wait for me!!" a small five year old girl whined while following them. The three kids entered a room as they all stopped.

"That's not fair!! Why are you always here first, Hyoyeon?!" the boy screamed to another girl that looked like she was around eight.

"Because I'm the fastest, Yunho Oppa," Hyoyeon stuck her tongue out.

"Ani, it's because your room is right there," the other eight year old pointed somewhere.

"Do you always have to state the facts, Jessica?" Hyoyeon asked.

"Yes, yes I do," Jessica smiled widely.

"You guys never wait for me," the youngest girl said with tears forming.

"Oppa was waiting for you, Krystal," Yunho patted her head.

"No you weren't," Krystal cried as the king walked in.

"Soojung, are you crying again?" the king laughed and put her on his lap.

"Oppa and Unnie weren't waiting for me," Krystal whined.

"I got here first, Uncle! I don't know anything!" Hyoyeon said innocently.

"I didn't want to lose to Hyoyeon! But I end up losing again," Yunho said angrily.

"I just wanted to get here," Jessica shrugged as the king laughed at all of them.

"Aigoo, these kids." the king laughed. "You do know we all come here to talk about the news not for special chocolates, right?" he asked.

"All I heard was chocolates," Hyoyeon said.

"Same here, what's news?" Jessica joked.

"Appa, I never understand," Krystal shrugged.

"Come on, just give us the chocolates, they're the best in the world!" Yunho said as the king nodded.

"Do not tell your moms, okay?" the king said while passing them out.

"Honey, are you giving them chocolate before telling them news again?" the queen asked and walked in.

"Nope!" everyone said and stuffed the chocolates in their mouths.

"Oppa, you're spoiling them," Hyoyeon's mom laughed as she took a piece of chocolate. "But, it's okay, I use to do that too."

"Now for the news," the king started.

"I hear a dog calling me!" Yunho said and ran off.

"I think my dolls are crying!" Jessica quickly ran out.

"Same here! Jessica and I share!" Hyoyeon added and chased after Jessica.

"Wait! You never wait!" Krystal cried again and jumped off the king as she ran out.

"Aigoo~, these kids," the king laughed.

"Don't you just love them?" the queen hugged him.

"They'll all grow up to be good people," Mrs. Kim smiled.

 

"Hyukjae, give that back!" A boy, at the age of ten, whined.

"No, Donghae," Hyukjae, who looked the same age, replied while holding the box of chocolate.

"We're supposed to share!" Donghae said and tackled Hyukjae.

"Oppas, what are you two doing?" A girl, that looked like she was nine, asked while taking off her shoes.

"He won't give me my chocolate back!" Donghae pulled Hyukjae's ear.

"Let go of my ear!!" Hyukjae screamed.

"Chocolate?!" A six year boy ran in and tried to get the box.

"It's ours Jongin!!" The two older boys screamed.

"Aniyo! Uncle said I could have some!" Jongin pouted with his arms crossed.

"Uncle said I could too!' Boa added while nodding.

"There's only one piece left!" Hyukjae shouted.

"It's mine because my dad gave it to us!" Donghae said as all four tried to get the box from each other.

"What are you four doing?" A voice chuckled.

"Appa!" Donghae ran to him. "Tell them the chocolate is mine!"

"Uncle Lee you said I could!" Boa pouted.

"I'm the oldest!" Hyukjae said.

"I want some!" Jongin whined.

"These kids, sit down first," Mr. Lee demanded as they all sat in a circle on the floor. "I have a gift."

"What is it?' The four kids smiled.

"It's from the king. It's-," Mr. Lee started while taking out the box.

"Special chocolate!" The four kids clapped as they each got a piece.

"Its from the king so it's super special, not everyone can get them," Mr. Lee said.

"Not even the tooth fairy?" Boa asked.

"Nope," Mr. Lee shook his head.

"Then why do you Uncle Lee?" Hyukjae said with chocolate over his mouth as Mr. Lee chuckled.

"Don't you remember? Appa works for the king. They're like best friends!" Donghae said

"Even I know that, Hyung," Jongin smiled and drank his milk.

"The prince and princesses eat the same chocolate too! Even their cousin." Mr. Lee said.

"Does the cousin count as a princess?" Hyukjae asked as Mr. Lee nodded.

"What are they like?" Donghae asked.

"They're smart, nice, and talented. They love to dance like you guys." Mr. Lee chuckled.

"Are the princesses pretty? Is the prince handsome?" Boa smiled as Mr. Lee nodded.

"Ew! That's disgusting! Girls are!" Donghae said.

"Only Boa Noona doesn't count," Jongin told them.

"I only like one person," Hyukjae smiled to himself.

"Time to go do chores," Mr. Lee stood up.

"I hear the strawberry milk man!" Hyukjae said as he ran out.

"I think my bears are crying!" Boa ran to her room.

"Uhh. I left the TV on!" Donghae ran towards the living room.

"Jongin?" Mr. Lee smiled.

"It always happens to me!" Jongin said angrily and followed him as he heard the ice cream cart. "Ice cream!" Jongin ran out.

"Aigoo, these kids," Mr. Lee laughed and went to a room in the house and saw pictures of his siblings and his wife. "Thank you for helping me raise these kids from up there." Mr. Lee smiled. "They will become wonderful people." He said.

 

~Present Day aka 12 Years Later

"I'm getting there first!!" Yunho screamed while running through the palace.

"Oppa! Hold up!!" Krystal yelled behind him and looked back at Jessica. "Unnie, can't you try?"

"I'm too lazy, just go, I'll get there eventually," Jessica replied while walking behind them.

"I'm here! Please let me beat Hyoyeon!" Yunho prayed while looking around. "YES! I BEAT HER!"

"Actually, you didn't," Hyoyeon said and walked out behind the couch.

"I knew it, I shouldn't have tried," Krystal pouted.

"Like me, I never try," Jessica said as she finally came.

"Twenty two years of living and I never get here before Hyoyeon, why?" Yunho glared at her.

"I'm smart," Hyoyeon smiled and flipped her blonde hair as the king walked in.

"These kids, you're already grown ups and you're still racing each other?" he laughed and sat down.

"It's a habit," they all replied.

"I don't even try," Jessica raised her hand as the king laughed at her.

"My lazy princess," he chuckled and gave them their chocolates.

"So Appa, what do you need to tell us?" Yunho asked while eating.

"I'm going on a trip for about three to four days, would you like to come?" the king asked them.

"Nope," they all replied.

"I knew you would say that," the king laughed.

"Then why did you ask, Appa?" Krystal giggled.

"You could have changed your minds," the king replied.

"Appa, you know that won't ever happen. We've been living our whole life like this," Jessica said.

"Sometimes I kind of wish we didn't," Krystal whispered softly to herself. "But it's good, no one will try to be friends with us."

"These two," the king ruffled their hairs.

"I kind of wish I could drive around. You know how boring it is driving the car around the palace?" Hyoyeon asked.

"But it's big enough, so be happy," the king laughed at her.

"Either way, life is easier this way," Yunho shrugged.

"Yunho, you do know one day you will have to be exposed, right?" the king asked.

"One day, but not anytime soon, I'm only twenty two," Yunho said. "I don't want to worry about those things right now." he added as someone walked in.

"The bodyguards are waiting for you, your things are all packed," their stepmom, Queen Nam said.

"Alright, I'll get going now, be good," the king told the kids as they hugged him and he left.

"Will you kids be joining my family and I for dinner tonight in the main dinner hall?" Mrs. Nam asked.

"Do we ever?" Krystal replied coldly and left.

"We don't even eat dinner with you," Jessica muttered.

"What made you think we would eat with your family?" Hyoyeon added as the three girls walked out.

"I'll be leaving," Yunho bowed slightly and left after the girls.

 

"Eunhyuk! Give that back!" Donghae shouted.

"No, Donghae!" Eunhyuk replied while holding the camera.

"Are you trying to embarass me?!" Donghae yelled.

"Let me think... Yes!" Eunhyuk chuckled as the door opened.

"What are you two doing this time?" Boa asked while putting the groceries down and taking off her shoes.

"He has a picture of me hugging my teddy bear to sleep while I'm wearing my pink boxers!" Donghae yelled.

"Embarassing pictures?!" Kai ran in. "Let me see!"

"Here, you go," Eunhyuk tried to pass the camera.

NOOOO!" Donghae pushed Kai's face.

"Now, I'm curious!" Boa joined them as they all started fighting.

"You guys are all grown up and you're still fighting?" Mr. Lee walked into the house as they all stopped.

"Appa!" Donghae ran to him. "Eunhyuk has a picture of me in my pink boxers hugging a teddy bear while I'm sleeping!!"

"It's his fault for leaving his door unlock at night! You know I borrow your clothes sometimes!" Eunhyuk said.

"I'm not part of this," Boa stood back.

"I just want to laugh at the picture, that's it," Kai said innocently.

"Aigoo~ Stop arguing and come sit down," Mr. Lee told them as they sat at the table. He passed them each a piece of chocolate as they ate it happily.

"What's up, Appa?" Donghae asked.

"Is it something new?" Eunhyuk looked at him.

"The king will be going on a trip so I'm going with him," Mr. Lee said.

"Uncle, that happens all the time," Boa laughed.

"I just wanted to know if you guys needed anything before I go," Mr. Lee replied.

"Uncle, you know you can trust us," Mr. Lee told him.

"I can, can't I?" Mr. Lee chuckled.

"How long will you be gone?" Eunhyuk asked.

"I'll be gone for about three to four days." Mr. Lee replied.

"See

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter