Chapter 7

A Chance For Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyoyeon! Hyoyeon! Hyoyeon!” Jessica called as she ran through the palace, hugging her pillow. “Hyoyeon!”

“Jung Sooyeon, what do you think you’re doing this early in the morning?” Queen Nam asked as she walked to Jessica.

“Calling my cousin,” Jessica replied.

“At this age, you should already know, that a princess like you shouldn’t be acting like this,” Queen Nam said as Jessica rolled her eyes.

“What would you know about being a princess?” Jessica glared at her.

“Don’t use that tone with me,” Queen Nam said.

“I’m an adult, I’m pretty sure I can do whatever I want,” Jessica muttered.

“That doesn’t mean you can treat your mother that way,” Queen Nam replied as Yunho cough while leaning against the wall, to catch their attention.

“Oppa, how long have you been there?” Jessica asked, running towards him.

“Long enough,” Yunho replied as he kept his eyes on the queen.

“You need to learn to teach your sister proper manners. She’s a princess and one day the world will see her and if she acts like that, it is unacceptable,” Queen Nam said as Yunho stared at her blankly.

“You need to learn what your real position is in this place. You’re just simply the Queen, my father’s wife, but you’re not our mother and you need to know that. Whatever my sister wants to do, she can. Like you said, she’s the princess, that means she should be herself not some kind of robot.” Yunho replied with his arms crossed as the Queen stayed quiet. After a few seconds of silence, the king walked in.

“What’s with the awkward atmosphere?” the king chuckled.

“Nothing,” Yunho and Jessica replied.

“Alright then, where are the other two and your aunt?” the king asked.

“How are we supposed to know?” Yunho asked as he walked out.

“I’m going to go now too,” Jessica sighed and followed Yunho.

“Don’t forget about tonight. It’s an important dinner, everyone must be there,” the king said as the two left.

 

“That’s why I don’t go there in the morning, she’s always there,” Krystal said while reading her book at the breakfast table.

“Soojung, will you eat your breakfast?” Hyoyeon asked, trying to take the book away.

“It’s just, I was looking for Hyoyeon but she came out of nowhere,” Jessica muttered.

“It doesn’t matter, let’s just eat breakfast and head to work and Soojung to school,” Yunho said.

“Work and school?” Queen Kim asked as she walked in and the four stiffened up.

“Uh... It’s a game we’re playing!” Hyoyeon lied.

“Do you really think I would believe that?” Queen Kim laughed softly. “I know what you four have been doing.”

“Please don’t tell! I don’t want to be stuck in here! It’s so fun out there, please, Auntie,” Jessica begged.

“Yeah, Eomma. There’s so much freedom and I learn so much! There’s also dancing too,” Hyoyeon added.

“I have school,” Krystal simply stated.

“Auntie, if there’s anyone to blame it would be me. It was my idea. It’s just, we didn’t want to get exposed and I was planning to only go out there once but it was just so fun. The dancing, food, the people, it’s great out there. For once we all feel normal,” Yunho said, looking down at his plate quietly.

“It’s not Oppa’s fault. I enrolled myself at school, he just wants me to make friends and have a good education,” Krystal muttered.

“I should have told you from the start, sorry,” Hyoyeon apologized.

“You can stop us from going if you want,” Jessica sighed as the four kids looked down with guilt before Queen Kim started to laugh and they looked at her.

“Why are you laughing?” the four asked.

“Why would I stop you kids from going out there?” Queen Kim laughed softly. “You four deserve happiness and freedom in a world like this. I knew you guys left, Changmin ran to me and told me right after.” she said as Yunho glared at Changmin.

“I just had to tell someone outside the group!” Changmin protested.

“I’ve always wanted to take you four outside but your father and his wife wouldn’t let me. Your mother wouldn’t have wanted you three to be trapped in her and be exposed against your own will.” Queen Kim said, smiling at the Jung siblings softly. “She would have wanted you to be happy and do what you want, so I will let you as well, even if my brother, the king, doesn’t agree.”

“Thank you!” the four cheered.

“It’s a secret between us, okay?” Queen Kim laughed.

 

“Kim Hyoyeon! Kim Hyoyeon! Kim Hyoyeon! Kim Hyoyeon!!!!” Eunhyuk screamed, running into the dance studio once her class ended.

“What is with people and calling me today?” Hyoyeon asked, turning to Eunhyuk.

“Are you busy today?” Eunhyuk smiled widely.

“No... You’re my boss, shouldn’t you know the answer?” Hyoyeon replied.

“Well I don’t know what you do when you’re not working for me,” Eunhyuk told her.

“What do you want?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Have you ever been to an amusement park before? I’m sure there’s a lot of them everywhere in the world,” Eunhyuk said.

“Amusement park?” Hyoyeon smiled widely. “Can we go, please? I’ve never been to one before and I’ve always wanted to go!” she exclaimed.

“This way, Miss. Kim,” Eunhyuk chuckled as he walked out the door.

 

“What if something happened to her?! No, nothing can!” Donghae screamed, running down the streets of Seoul towards a park.

“Donghae!” Jessica waved.

“Jessica! What’s wrong? What happened? Why were you screaming on the phone?!” Donghae panicked while catching his breath.

“I needed your help,” Jessica replied.

“What’s wrong?” Donghae asked.

“What is frozen yogurt?” Jessica questioned, pointing to the ad on the swings. Donghae turned his head towards the swings Jessica pointed at as his mouth went wide.

“Are you kidding me?” Donghae looked at her.

“I really don’t know what it is,” Jessica said innocently and Donghae let out a frustrated sigh.

“You called me all the way over here just for that?!” Donghae screamed as Jessica nodded. “You were panicking in the phone! You made me run out of my house in my pajamas then I had to run back in because I had to change. Then I had to grab breakfast then you made me run to the dance studio to check in but then I forgot my keys and ran all the way back to the house but no one was at home and then I ran here just because you didn’t know what froyo was?!” Donghae shouted.

“Well, sorry,” Jessica shrugged as Donghae glared at her. “What?” she glared back as Donghae smiled.

“N-Nothing,” Donghae stuttered and scratched the back of his neck.

“So what is froyo?” Jessica asked.

“Don’t ask,” Donghae said, putting up a finger. “I’ll just show you.”

 

“A cake?” Boa asked Yuri while looking at the invitation.

“That’s what the party host told me,” Yuri replied.

“But I don’t know how to make one. I can’t learn by tonight." Boa panicked.

"You can do it, I believe you," Yuri said, holding two thumbs up.

"But out of all the people, why me?" Boa asked pointing to herself.

"Donghae's wanted you to," Yuri replied.

"I can cook but bake? It's a no for me!" Boa told her.

"Did I hear baking?" Yunho asked with a big smile as his head popped into the room.

"We're you eavesdropping?" Boa raised an eyebrow.

"Um... No." Yunho shook his head.

"Liar~" Yuri sang as she started walking out. "Good luck, Miss. Boa." She smiled and quickly left.

"What am I going to do? I don't know how to bake!" Boa panicked as she grabbed Yunho by the collar of his shirt. "What will I do?!"

“First off, calm down. This shirt is new, I got it from a friend,” Yunho said as Boa quickly apologized and let go. “Second, I, Jung Yunho,a very handsome man, intelligent too, oh  we can’t forget I’m talented. I also speak a lot of languages even though English for me isn’t that great. But knowing how to do a lot of things it covers off. We can’t forget that I also can-,”

“Just get to the point,” Boa demanded.

“I know how to bake,” Yunho told her as her face brightened quickly.

“Are you serious?” Boa asked excitedly.

“I cook better then some chefs or I have been told,” Yunho said as Boa grabbed his arm.

“Let’s go! We have somewhere to go and little time to spend!” Boa exclaimed before pushing him out the dance studio.

 

"Guess what?" Kai asked as soon as he sat down in his seat, realizing Krystal wasn't there yet.

"Please tell us cause we do care," Sehun said sarcastically.

"Don't be mean to him. Kai is awesome~" Chanyeol laughed.

"Oh please, he wishes." Luhan chuckled.

"Kai is not my style." Kris said before Kai groaned.

"Anyways. My motorcycle got fixed! Aren't you happy for me?" Kai danced in his seat before seeing Krystal walk in quietly while drinking her banana milk. Before Kai could greet her, he heard the three queenkas gossiping about Krystal as they walked in.

“She’s such an attention seeker,” Jiyoung started.

“Exactly, she’s obviously only acting like that because she wants attention.” Sohyun added.

“She's only preten

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter