the dateline ...

Now OR Never

 

~ chapter 13 ~

 

 

(Sarah POV)

Today is the day. The day we should break up as a married couple. I don’t want it but it was my conditions before. I do regrets but...

Arghh~~ it’s really driving me crazy!!

 

*flashback*

~graduation day~

Since the incident when L holds my hands, Shinwoo turned to be a quiet person. I don’t know how to make him smile again. I missed his smile. His charming smiles that always make me dream of him. Maybe I should have a slow talked with him. I have to explain everything before another things come up.

“Oppa~~” I called him. I know he doesn’t sleep, yet.

“Hmmm” he hummed.

“Let’s have a talk?” I asked. His response was a bit cold.

“I’m sleepy,” he uttered and pull the blanket, covered his entire body.

“Oppa!!!” I yelled and pulled the blanket back. I sat on the bed, facing him.

“Mwo??” he said. I chuckled inside. He really looks funny with his messy hair.

“Please, I want to talk to you,” I said while acting as cute as I can.

“Is it necessary?” he asked, sarcastically.

“Yup! Very necessary,” I said with a serious face. I’m not kidding anyway.

“Asa~ What’s the matter?” finally he gave up.

“Answer me honestly,” I warned him. This might be the moment of truth.

“Arasseo! Arasseo!”

“Did you jealous when L holds my hands?” I asked him directly.

“Yes, I am! Mwo? I can’t be jealous when someone holds my wife hands even I have to do it in secret?” he replied and asked me back. I can see a little anger in his eyes. I admitted that I did wrong. The stupid Terms and Rules is just another disaster.

“Well, it’s good that you’re jealous,” I said.

“Mwo?”

“At least I know that you love me. You care about me,” I replied. Yes, I have to admit. His love towards me was so obvious.

“You know that I love you. Let me tell you something, on our ‘wedding’ day, as I answered to the priest, I felt the responsibilities to take care of you. Back then, I still don’t love you but loves grow within time. I myself didn’t know the exact time when I fall for you. So, I do jealous when other man doing that to my wife. My LEGAL wife,” he replied. For the first time ever he speaks his heart out. I was damn surprised. I don’t know that he was suffered too much.

“Oppa~~ I.. I...,” I stuttered. I can’t finish my sentence when the tears start to filling up my eyes.

“Hey, please don’t cry. You know that I can’t see you crying,” he said but he didn’t try to calm me down. He just looks at me.

“Mianhe~~~” I said in tears. That’s the only word that I can say by the moment.

“Enough, let’s sleep,” he said and laid me down. I didn’t face him and so do he. I cried silently. That night, I realized that I can’t lose him to other woman. He’s my man!

*flashback end*

 

“Dr. Sarah, are you okay?” one of the nurse asked me. I can’t help but shed some tears when the memories flashed in my mind.

“Nae.. I’m fine,” I replied and smiled to her. Everybody in the hospital knew that I’m a married woman. I didn’t feel ashamed anymore to tell the world that I’m a married woman.

“Are you sure, doc? Your face looks really pale,” she said again. Since 6 months ago, this hospital has become my second home. Since the fight that night, Shinwoo has launch ‘cold war’ between us. We really pretend to be happy in the public and in front of our family. Nobody could smell our war right now.

“Oh~~ Maybe I’m just tired. There’re a lot of new things I need to learn and adapt,”

“Okay but if you need any help, just call me or anybody in this department,” she said and leave me alone. When I was alone, my memory automatically flashed the bittersweet moments of us. I looked into the watch on my hand. It’s still early. Tonight might be our last conversation and discussion regarding the divorcee. Yeah, I’ll be the divorce woman, officially from tomorrow.

 

 

(Shinwoo POV)

Aish~~ Why I can’t forget her? Why her smiles always lingered in my mind? I’m nuts!

“Hyung, what happen to you? I saw since the past 6 month, you looked like a lost man in an isolated island,” Baro asked me. This time, I didn’t share the problems with them. I just barely let it in myself.

“Is it obvious?” I asked.

“Yup, it is,” Baro, Gongchan and Jinyoung nodded together. Sandeul wasn’t here because he went to his parents since he just undergone knee surgery.

“Don’t mind me. I can handle it,” I said and smiled.

“Shinwoo-ssi, come here for a sec,” Jeongmin said and waved to me. I left them and headed towards Jeongmin.

“Waeyo?”

“Who send this Tiramisu?” he asked and pointed at a few box of Tiramisu cake. I know it was Sarah. She sent it to me every day, to say sorry.

“Sarah’s sent it, every single day since the past 6 months,” I said.

“Mwo??? Since the past 6 months?” Jeongmin asked me back. He seemed didn’t believe it.

“Yeah. It has been 6 months since she doing this. She knew I love Tiramisu a lot,” I uttered.

“Is everything fine, between both of you?” Jeongmin asked. He can read that I’m in trouble.

“Well, I hope so,” I replied.

“Hmm.. Don’t make any silly actions, dude. Think wisely and make the best ever choice. Luckily she just sent a slice of Tiramisu, everyday. I can’t imagine if she sent the whole cake every day,” he said and left me alone. My eyes were on the boxes right now. Somehow, I feel guilty for doing this to her. I bet she must be suffered a lot. I know she has a feeling for me. Her eyes and actions told me everything. Today supposed to be our first anniversary but I don’t know whether today gonna be the end of our relationship. I love her very much. I can feel the tears were rolling down, as I looked at those boxes.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~