Chapter 07

My Modern day Prince Charming

 

(Ren’s P.O.V)

 

“Please Minki-yah, next time, be more careful. It’s for your own safety too.”

 

Manager Kim pleaded as she took my hand with both of hers. I nodded slowly.

 

“I understand, Manager Kim.”

 

Manager Kim leaned on her seat and smiled.

 

“Good to hear. You should rest now. You have school tomorrow.”

 

I stood up, bowed and then left the room and made my way to my room.

 

“Minki-ah!”

 

I stopped on my tracks and turned around to see who it was. It’s Mrs. Lee.

 

Mrs.Lee smiled,” Yonghoon already left for work 30 minutes ago. She said she’ll just tell Baekho you couldn’t go to work today.”

 

I suddenly remembered about work today. Aish, How can I forget?

 

I was about to speak up when Mrs. Lee stopped me, ”Don’t worry. You should rest now. Yonghoon will be here at 9.”

 

And then she patted me in the shoulder and then went to her room.

 

Aish, seriously. It’s been what? 2 days and I haven’t even done anything productive! I’ve just been hired for work and now I can’t even go to work on time and now at school… Aish! So frustrating!! I can’t even live normal like normal kids.

 

I went to my room and plopped down on my bed. I stared at the roof and started thinking.

 

What are Umma and Appa doing right now? Are they doing fine? Are they worrying about me too? Because if they were… I would like to tell them that they shouldn’t. Even though everything is new to me and I’m still adjusting, I can do this. Especially that I know people here are willing to help me.

 

At the mention of that, Yonghoon suddenly popped in my mind. Ever since Day One, I pushed her away. Thinking she wouldn’t even bother helping me anyway but here she is, helping me.

 

Aish, stop thinking about her, Minki! Maybe she’s just pitying you or something why would she help you anyway? You barely even know each other.

 

I should sleep now. Yeah, I should.

 

(Your P.O.V)

 

“Umma!! Appa!! I’m home!!”

 

I shouted as I entered the living room.

 

“Oh Yonghoon-ah! Minki’s asleep now.”, Umma told me.

 

“Is that so? Arasso. I’ll get going to my room now.”, I said as I made my way to my room.

 

“Yonghoon-ah…”

 

I turned around to see my Umma smiling at me softly.

 

“I know this is all new to you but… Can you please just help Minki? Be there for him always?”

 

I blinked at my Umma. I was surprised. She smiled at me.

 

“N-ne Umma…”

 

Umma smiled again, “You should rest now.”

 

I nodded and then gave my Umma a small smile and then I rushed to my room.

 

(The next morning… At School)

 

*riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing~*

 

“JR-shii and Ren-shii, Please stay. I need to talk with you both for the Pageant.”

 

Mr. Park announce as the class didn’t bother and packed their bags and quickly left the room but I was hesitant to leave. What about Minki-ah?

 

Before Minki could make his way to Mr. Park, I grabbed his arm. He looked at me.

 

“W-will you be alright alone?”, I asked.

 

At first, I thought I saw a flicker of thoughtfulness in his face but it quickly disappeared.

 

“Of course I’ll be fine. I told you on the first day that I don’t need your help.”

 

I pouted but then I nodded in understanding.

 

“Arasso. If you say so. I’ll just wait for you outside.”

 

And then I quickly left the classroom. Not even saying anything to JR.

 

Aish, that stupid cold prince who thinks he’s all that! I’m trying to be nice to him but all I get is this! Aish, That ungrateful jerk!

 

(Ren’s P.O.V)

 

“I would just like to let the 2 of you know that the whole batch is counting on you so I hope you do your best.”

 

Mr. Park clasped his hands while leaning on the table. JR & me made eye contact and then we nodded.

 

“The Pageant’s at the end of the month so you have a lot of time to prepare.”

 

We both nodded again and then Mr. Park leaned on his chair.

 

“That’s all.”, He smiled,” You can go home now.”

 

JR and me bowed, grabbed our bags and then left the room.

 

Before I could head to the opposite direction where JR is, He called me.

 

“Ren-shii!”

 

I stopped on my tracks and then he ran up to face me. I raised my eyebrows. Signaling him to start talking.

 

“Well… I thought since you’re Yonghoon’s cousin and we’re going to work together… I thought I should formally introduce myself.”, He smiled.

 

“I’m Kim Jonghyun but everyone calls me JR.”, He offered me to shake hands with him.

 

I stared at his hand for the longest time. I really can’t believe it, Can he not sense I’m a guy too? I mean, I’m not that feminine looking right? Or maybe he’s just really stupid.

 

He cleared his throat and dropped his hand.

 

“Nice to meet you too. Well, I guess we should be going.”

 

Before he could head his way, I stopped him.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

He stopped his tracks and turned to look at me.

 

“Well, Aren’t you going home with Yonghoon?”

 

I raised my eyebrows again, “I am.”

 

He nodded, ”Well, Yonghoon and me always walk together so I guess you’re stuck with me too.”

 

He then started walking, leaving me alone.

 

Maybe this is why Yonghoon likes him too. I mean, He’s definitely handsome. He’s nice too. Friendly. A total opposite of me.

 

I shook my head to clear these thoughts and started making my way to Yonghoon.

 

(At the Café)

 

(Your P.O.V)

 

“Kamsahamnida! Please come back again~!”

 

I greeted the customer goodbye as I opened the door and then bowed.

 

As I closed the door again, I grabbed the mop and continued mopping the floors.

 

As I mopped the floors, I heard a commotion on the Cashier. I stopped mopping and placed the mop aside and approached the commotion.

 

“Aish, Are you stupid?! You dare apply as an employee here when you can’t even operate a Cashier?!”

 

Complained an Ajhumma and the crowd nodded and whispered in approval. I turned to look at who the Ajhumma is scolding and to my shock, It was Minki.

 

Baekho, Aron, Minhyun oppa & JR quickly approached the crowd.

 

“What is going on here?”, Baekho oppa asked the Ajhumma.

 

The Ajhumma pointed angrily at Minki.

 

“That employee of yours can’t even operate a Cashier properly!”

 

I turned my gaze at Minki. He was just looking at the floor. I couldn’t tell if he’s disappointed or angry or what.

 

Baekho oppa kept on apologizing at the Ajhumma who kept on complaining about Minki. I couldn’t stand it anymore. Minki’s new here. Even though I’ve given him a proper training on his first day but still… He’s new here. He’s new to everything.

 

“Excuse me, Ajhumma.”

 

Everyone turned they’re gazes on me. Uh-oh, I think I spoke to loud. But here goes…

 

“I-It’s my fault… I’m responsible for her. She’s just new here and I hope you could understand that fact and I am in charge of training her so please… Forgive me if you weren’t satisfied with our services here.”

 

I bowed. I could hear gasps from the crowd and murmurs.

 

After bowing for a long time, I finally stood up. The Ajhumma still looked angry but she finally calmed down a bit. She turned her gaze at me, rolled her eyes and then walked out of the shop. Everyone paused and then after a few moments, everyone went back to their tables.

 

After everyone got back to their places, we all approached Minki.

 

“Ren-ah, gwaenchana?”, Baekho oppa asked as he patted Minki’s shoulders.

 

“Don’t mind that Ajhumma. I get complaints from customers sometimes so don’t feel bad.”, Aron oppa assured Minki.

 

I looked at Minki. I got surprised because I realized he was looking at me the whole time.

 

“Why did you do it?”

 

Everyone went quiet when he spoke. He looked at me coldly.

 

Before I could answer his question I turned my attention at Baekho, Aron, Minhyun oppa & JR.

 

“Could you guys give us a… minute?”

 

At first, they all look at each other but then they nodded and left us alone now it’s only me and Minki.

 

“Why did you do that earlier?”, He repeated his question again. Looking at me with cold eyes.

 

I looked at him also. I don’t want him to think that he can just boss me around because I’m scared of him. Even though he looks quite bit scary.

 

“I wanted to.”, I simply stated.

 

He scoffed but then he looked at me with a smirk.

 

“Just what are you really proving, Lee Yonghoon?”

 

Now it was my turn to look at him coldly. Even though I know he’s attitude is like this, He’s crossing the line now and I am not going to let this moment go.

 

“Are you really like this, Minki? Is this your way of showing gratitude?”

 

“From the very start I made it clear to you that I don’t need your help. So why are you expecting me to show gratitude towards you when I don’t even want your help?”

 

Bam! And just like that, His words felt like cold as ice. Only it hurts a lot more. 

 

He’s right, Yonghoon. From the very start he made it clear to you. Crystal clear even, that he didn’t want your help so why am I expecting? He’s right. I shouldn’t expect. But the very question here is…

 

Why am I continuing to help him even though he keeps on pushing me away?

 

I turned my gaze at him and nodded with a fake smile.

 

“You’re right. I shouldn’t even expect but maybe it won’t hurt you to just show a little gratitude…”

 

I gave him a one last look and walked away.

 

-------------------

oooooohh, tension between Yonghoon & Ren.~ when will Ren warm up? Hihi please anticipate and i hope you like the update today even though there's fighting. :3 

And also.. do you love the new poster? hihi it's so cute right? I just love it! <3 Thanks to teph95 of vanivici for the poster!! ^^