Chapter 02

My Modern day Prince Charming

 

(Your P.O.V)

 

“Why are you suddenly calling, Umma?”

 

“We’re going to have a very important visitor later, Yonghoon-ah. And I want you to meet them since they will be staying over our House for a long time. So after school, go straight home. You don’t have to worry about work since I already called Baekho and he said it’ll be alright.”

 

I pouted, “Arasso. I have to get going now Umma. It’s lunch time.”

 

“Arasso. Go straight home okay? Bye!”

 

And then Umma ended the call.

 

I slipped my phone on my pocket and then made my way to our table.

 

“Yonghoon-ah!!”

 

Before I turned around to see who it is, that person already hugged me from behind. And it is no other than my best friend, Jeehwa.

 

“I heard you have a new classmate, is that true?”

 

“I miss you too, Jeehwa.”, I rolled my eyes while smirking.

 

She grinned, “So is it true?”

 

I nodded.

 

“I heard she’s very pretty. Is she?”

 

I nodded again.

 

“Oh, is that so? Did you be-friend her?”

 

I nodded miserably, “But she ignored me…”

 

Jeehwa looked shocked and offended, “Jinja? Aigoo…”

 

I shook my head, “Don’t worry. I’m fine. Maybe she’s just adapting.”

 

Jeehwa nodded, “Maybe. Kaja!! I’m already hungry and Minhyun oppa is looking for me.”

 

And then Jeehwa dragged me to our table. Aron, Baekho, Minhyun & JR were already eating. At the sight of Jeehwa, Minhyun’s face brightened.

 

Jeehwa quickly took the seat next to Minhyun oppa and I took my seat next to her and JR.

 

Minhyun oppa & Jeehwa have been together for 3 years already. Their love story is quite funny though. Back when we were still kids those two were like cats and dogs. Never did a day passed when they never fight. I even remember they used to fight whether SNSD is better then Wonder Girls…

 

And then 3 years ago, these two suddenly developed a feeling. I’m quite not sure if they really developed but maybe the feeling’s been there a long time ago… They just realized it now.

 

I was about to grab my lunch box at my bag but then I realized I forgot it at home. I was about to buy my food when JR pushed a bento box at my direction.

 

I blinked at the sight of the lunch box and he smiled at me.

 

“Umma texted me you forgot your lunch box earlier so I brought another one.”

 

I got confused on whose “Umma” he was referring to and then it hit me that he’s calling my umma, “umma”.

 

“Jinja? Aish, I’m so forgetful one of these days. Gomawo!”, I smiled back and then quickly dig in.

 

I took the first bite and wow did it taste good.

 

“Who cooked this?”, I asked while still chewing the food.

 

He giggled, “Me. Why? It’s good?”

 

“Jinja? You really cooked this?”, I asked, surprised.

 

He nodded while smiling proudly, “Yes, I did. Wae? Is it really good?”

 

I nodded while taking another spoonful.

 

“Maybe I should forget my lunch everyday so you would cook my lunch everyday…”, I mumbled.

 

He laughed, “Aigoo… You know you can always ask me anytime and I will do it. As long as you pay me.”

 

I glared at him and he laughed again.

 

“No thanks then.”, I said while chewing my food.

 

“I was only kidding. Maybe I should tell umma that I would cook for you everyday instead.”, He said.

 

Why is he suddenly calling my umma, “umma”? I shook my head. Maybe he just wants to.

 

“No charges?”, I asked.

 

He smiled, “No charges.”

 

I grinned, “Fine with me then.”

 

--

 

After class, I quickly packed my stuff and approached JR.

 

“I’ll be going now. Umma told me I need to go home early.”

 

“Jinja? Arasso. Wait for me, I’ll walk you home.”, JR said and then I he continued packing his stuff.

 

I shook my head, “No need. Besides, You need to go to the Café remember?”

 

JR smiled, “My shift starts 1 hour after class. Don’t worry.”

 

“Are you sure?”, I asked.

 

He grabbed his backpack and smiled, “I’m sure. Kaja!”

 

(Ren’s P.O.V)

 

“Minki-ah, I’m here to pick you up. Where are you?”

 

I glanced around my surroundings, looking for a familiar car.

 

“I’m here at the Main Gate, Manager Kim.”

 

After a few moments, a familiar car finally entered the Main Gate.

 

I ended the call and hopped on the car.

 

“So how was your first day? Made new friends?”, Manager Kim asked.

 

I was about to answer when I remembered the only girl who introduced herself to me. What’s her name again? Is it Yonghoon? Oh I think it is.

 

“It’s good.”, I smiled.

 

Manager Kim smiled, “That’s good to hear.”

 

After a few minutes, we arrived at a house. At first, I was confused and then I remembered Manager Kim told me that will meet the Lee Family after school.

 

Manager Kim turned to face me.

 

“This is the Lee Family’s house. Don’t worry, Your Appa told me that the Lee’s know your family’s current situation right now and is actually a very close family friend of yours. We will stay here for the meantime and make yourself comfortable since they know your situation.”

 

I nodded. At least I can still be me at this house.

 

We went out of the car and a lady and a man were already waiting for us at the gate. Smiling and waving at us.

 

“Ms. Kim! Come inside! We’ve prepared dinner for you early because we thought you’ll be very hungry when you arrive.”, The lady said and she invited us inside warmly.

 

The woman paused in front of me for a while and then a warm smile appeared on her face and she hugged me.

 

“Minki-ah… please stay strong.”, She gently rubbed my back while hugging me. Unknowingly, a smile appeared on my face because of the warmth I feel.

 

She let go gently and the man patted me in the shoulder, “We want you to be comfortable here, Minki-ah. We’ve know you since you were a baby… If you feel uncomfortable, please let us know.”

 

I nodded with a genuine smile, “Kamsahamnida… Mr. & Mrs. Lee.”

 

Mr. Lee chuckled, “Aigoo~ so formal… how about you call us Appa and Umma while you’re staying here? What do you think?”

 

I was taken a back by the idea but to be honest, I liked it. It feels good despite of the happenings I’ve been through for 4 weeks.

 

I smiled, “Ne… Appa.”

 

Mr. Lee messed up my hair, “Come on, let’s eat. I want you to meet my daughter later. You’re actually the same age and I heard from Manager Kim you’re both on the same school. I bet you two can be friends.”

 

Jinja? I never heard Mr. & Ms. Lee I mean… Appa & Umma had a daughter. Well, I suppose it’s really not necessary for me to know.

 

I nodded then smiled, “I’m looking forward to it.”

 

(Your P.O.V)

 

“I’ll call you later after my shift ends arasso?”, JR said.

 

I nodded then waved goodbye, “Text me when you get to the Café. Bye!!”

 

JR waved goodbye while smiling. Aish, stop smiling at me like that you’re making it hard for me not to fall. >.<

 

Before I open the gate to my house, I noticed there was a black car parked in front of our house. Oh, so this must be the ‘guest’ Umma told me she wants me to meet but who could that be?

 

I opened the gate and hopped my way to the door. I entered inside and heard people talking in the dining room.

 

I first went to my room to settle my things and changed my clothes.

 

Someone knocked on my door and I quickly opened it. It was Umma.

 

“Yonghoon-ah, Are you finish?”

 

I nodded, “Kaja.”

 

Umma and me made our way downstairs and into the dining room.

 

Appa caught sight of me and he quickly motioned me to sit. I hesitated.

 

“Ah Yonghoon-ah! You’re here. Come sit. I’d like you to meet Manager Kim and Minki.”

 

Manager Kim and Minki’s backs were facing me and when they both turned around to look at me, I had the greatest shock of a lifetime.

 

“YOU?!”

 

----

Tada!! Chapter 2! Haha, i wonder what will happen next? :D Please subscribe and comment! :)