Chapter 12

My Modern day Prince Charming

(JR's POV)

"I know Minki's secret, Yonghoon. He told me last night and explained everything."

 

I sighed. Yonghoon look so confused right now. I could almost see the tears that she was fighting back. 

She finally looked up and looked straight into my eyes. 

"H-how did you know..?"

I breathed deeply, "Minki called me last night... He said he wanted to talk with me so I went because he told me it involved you so I agreed to meet with him."

 

(flashback)

It was already 10 in the evening and I couldn't fall asleep. I just couldn't. No matter how many times I shut my eyes... I couldn't make myself to go to sleep.

Not when me and Yonghoon are not in good terms.

I'm not mad at her. Even If i want to be mad at her, I couldn't make myself to. 

I was just disappointed at her for leaving me earlier. Okay, I maybe too much dramatic but I felt like she abandoned me.

Aish, Ottoke?? Why am I even feeling like this?

 

Ring! Ring!

 

I glanced on my bed side table and saw my phone beeping non-stop. I hesitantly grabbed my phone and to my surprise, It was an unknown number.

1.. 2.. 3.. Should I answer it or not?

I sighed. Okay, fine. I'll answer it.

I pressed the answer button.

"Yoboseyo?"

"It's me, Ren."

I quickly sat straight up on my bed. Why would she even call me especially at this time?

"What's the matter?"

"Can we talk?"

I raised my eyebrows unknowingly, "Aren't we already talking?"

I don't even know why but ever since the incident a while ago, the last person I wanted to talk to was Ren.

I could hear a sigh on the other line, "I mean, let's talk personal arasso? Meet me at the park in 10 minutes."

and the call suddenly ended.

I sighed and I started getting out of my bed. I guess I don't have any other choice.

 

(at the park)

 

When I got to the park, Ren was already there. I've noticed something different about Ren though. She wasn't wearing normal girl clothes. That's weird.

"What is it that you wanted to talk about?"

Ren turned around and shifted her gaze towards me.

For a moments, I was about to speak again because I thought she wouldn't talk but she finally spoke.

"It was my fault... Why Yonghoon stood you up."

I blinked at him. I didn't talk. What was I suppose to say? I wanted her to explain further.

Ren shifted her attention to the grass. Avoiding eye contact with me.

"I... dragged her with me because she was helping me adjust to Seoul."

At first, I didn't want to say anything. I still couldn't see the point but I managed to speak.

"Waeyo?"

Ren sighed and looked at me straight in my eyes.

"Do you know Choi Minki?"

I nodded. Of course, I know who Choi Minki is. He's the President's son.

"Look at me closely."

Ren commanded. It was weird because at that moment, her voice changed. It was commanding and deep like a man's voice.

I looked at him closely and examined her every feature. Looking at her this close... She felt oddly familiar.

It was like I saw her on TV or something.

Wait...

She looks oddly similar to the features of Choi Minki.

Too similar.

I gasped. Everything finally sinked in. From the first day when Ren suddenly showed up in our school, It was also during that time where the Choi family went missing and when I first landed my eyes on Ren, I know there was something about her that people didn't know.

She was Choi Minki... the President of Korea's son.

My eyes widened, "Y-you're... You're Choi Minki..?"

Ren looked down and slowly nodded.

"Yonghoon and her family have been helping me hide from the Rebels. Its all thanks to her that i'm able to survive and adapt here. I told you this because... I owe Yonghoon. I know she's really close to you and Its obvious how its hard for her to keep things hidden from you and I know she wouldn't tell you about this even if she's hurting so I decided to just tell you myself."

I was still shocked by what Ren or should I say, Minki told me. It felt all too surreal. So that's why Yonghoon has been a little secretive with me these past few days.

Ren's expression suddenly turned serious, "Jr-shii, Please don't tell this to anyone. Even Aron, Baekho and Minhyun. It's not only me that will be in danger when the Rebels find out that i'm hiding here... Even Yonghoon and her family will be in danger so please... don't tell anyone."

I nodded, "I understand."

Minki pursed his lips, "And also... Please don't be mad at Yonghoon anymore. It's been fairly hard for her since I came into her life. I don't want to add any more burden on her."

And just like that, Minki left.

(End of Flashback)

 

Yonghoon's eyebrows were now furrowed and It was obvious in her expression that she was trying to make sense of everything that I told her.

"So you now know..?"

I nodded. She sighed and smiled at me but with a hint of sadness.

"That's good. atleast its not going to be hard on me anymore."

For a minute, we were both quiet. I couldn't take the silence anymore so I decided to say what I wanted to say since last night.

 

"Mianhae... If I knew that you were helping Minki then I should've been more understanding."

 

It took a few moments before Yonghoon could finally say anything.

"Shouldn't I be the one to apologize and not you?"

She was already smiling at me playfully. I chuckled.

"You're right so why aren't you apologizing to me?"

I crossed my arms to my chest and I teasingly raised my eyebrows at her.

She shook her head while laughing, "Arasso! Mianhae. Are you happy now?"

I laughed and playfully messed up her hair and in a matter of seconds, we were playfully messing each other's hair and running around.

 

This is one of the reasons why I'm always thankful of Yonghoon, I could always be myself when I'm around her.

 

-----------------------------

(Your POV)

It was already 12 in the evening and the only ones left to clean and close the shop were me and Minki. Baekho Oppa, Aron Oppa, Minhyun Oppa & JR already left an hour ago. Yoonmi left early because she realized JR and me were okay now and when she left the Café, she didn't forget to glare at me. Typical Yoonmi.

Oh right, I still haven't asked JR why he brought Yoonmi in the Café. I forgot to ask him because we were busy teasing each other. I missed those times times where we tease each other though, even if we only fought for a day.

Finally finished mopping the floor, I placed the mop in the Staff Room and locked the door.

 

"Minki-ah, are you finish now? Let's go home."

 

I made my way to Minki who was busy cleaning the coffee cups and utensils. Minki placed the last cup that he was wiping and looked up to me.

"I'm done. Let's go."

We grabbed both of our stuffs and exited the Café. I turned off all the lights and locked the main doors and we finally made our way home.

It's only a walking distance between the Café and home so there was no problem going home at this time. Every weekends, the Café always closes late. I was grateful for Minki's company because I always hate going home alone at this time.

I looked at Minki who was oddly quiet. 

"Minki-ah..."

He finally shifted his attention to me and I smiled at him.

"Gomawo."

Minki raised his eyebrows, "For what?"

I gave him a look, "I know you know the reason why!"

Minki nodded, "Why are you thanking me?"

I smiled at him again.

"Wae? I want to and besides... If it weren't for you, JR and me would still be in bad terms."

Minki managed to smiled a little, "I guess I really did that."

"Yah! just because I told you something nice that doesn't mean you'll get cocky about it.", I shook my head while chuckling.

In a matter of seconds, we were both laughing at each other.

"Minki-ah."

I turned to him and he seemed taken a back by my serious expression.

"What is it?"

I smiled and looked down.

"I hope you're going to stay like this."

Minki furrowed his eyebrows, "What do you mean?"

I looked at him straight in the eyes.

"When we first met, you barely smiled but now, you smile and laugh frequently. I hope you stay like this."

Expecting for Minki to say something or even smiled, He didn't. He didn't even said anything.

I nudged his shoulders playfully.

"Yah! why are you being serious? And to think that I just told you to smile more often."

Minki glared at me, "I'm not going to smile anymore."

"Waeyo?", I raised my eyebrows. What's the matter with this guy? I just told him to smile often and now... Aish!

"Because you told me to. I don't like following orders especially coming from you."

I scoffed at him, "Mwo? So now you're being a brat?"

Minki stuck his tongue out at me. I made a face.

"Immature brat."

"Old Ajhumma who eats a lot."

"Yah, How dare you call me an Ajhumma?! You're older than me!"

"But I look way younger than you."

"Who told you that?! No you don't!"

Minki rolled his eyes, "Whatever, Yonghoon. It's pretty obvious who looks more younger."

"I'm not going to help you with homework today. Goodluck with that."

"I'm only joking!"

 

We insulted each other until we reached home. I don't know why but these days, I enjoy Minki's company. Whether we end up insulting and teasing each other the whole time, I'm thankful I could always count on him to be there.

 

---------------------------------------------------

Minki and Yonghoon's closeness is finally progressing~ 

please do comment, subscribe and upvote! :)

plus Minki's gwiyomi:

isn't he the cutest omg T u T

(credits to ren gifs)