Chapter 04

My Modern day Prince Charming

 

(Your P.O.V)

 

“Yonghoon-ah! Minki-ah! Breakfast’s ready! Come down now~”, umma called down from downstairs.

 

“NEEE~!”, I called out. Wae isn’t Minki answering?

 

I smoothed out my uniform and then made my way downstairs.

 

“Oh good, Yonghoon! You’re here. Can you please call Minki from his room?”, Umma said while frying some eggs.

 

Manager Kim put his coffee down, “It’s okay, Yonghoon-shii. I’ll go-“

 

Umma shook her head while smiling at Manager Kim, “No worries, Manager Kim. I assure you Yonghoon here can do it.”

 

Umma wrinkled her eyebrows. Signaling me to go call Minki or else she’ll ground me for a week. I nodded and then smiled at Manager Kim and then made my way to Minki’s room.

 

Before turning the knob, I took a deep breath.

 

You can do this, Yonghoon. It’s no biggie. You’re just going to call him for breakfast and-

 

Bam! The door opened and a confused Minki was staring at me. Making me feel small. Aish, why does he have to look at me like that?

 

“Uh… w-well, Breakfast’s ready!”

 

I stuttered and then run for the dining room. Aigoo~ very smooth, Yonghoon. very smooth.

 

After taking my seat, Minki took his seat in front of me. After settling down, He noticed I was looking at him and he suddenly raised his eyebrows. I gulped and then looked away.

 

Umma placed the plates of eggs, pancakes and toast on the table.

 

“Please eat now. I hope you like it~!”, Umma smiled and then took her seat beside me.

 

I quickly took a toast, stuffed it in my mouth. After stuffing it in my mouth, I gulped down my orange juice and I choked on my food. Aish, talk about embarrassing!

 

Umma patted my back and Manager Kim handed me a glass of water. I coughed and then I bowed my head thankfully at Manager Kim. I took a sip of the water.

 

“Aigoo~ Why are you in such a hurry? School doesn’t start at 2 hours anyway…”, Umma said with concern.

 

I coughed and then cleared my throat, “Umma, I have work remember?”

 

Umma then realized, “Oh, yeah. I totally forgot. By the way Yonghoon, You should take Minki along with you at the Café. I actually called Baekho last night that Minki will start working there.”

 

I blinked in surprise and then turned my gaze to Minki who is busily eating his pancakes gracefully.

 

I then shifted my gaze at Manager Kim who is hopefully smiling at me. Well, Okay. Dealing with Minki is the last thing I would ever want but hey, people need me to help him.

 

“Arasso, Umma.”, I said. Umma smiled and Manager Kim too.

 

I gulped down my orange juice, dusted off my skirt and then stood up.

 

“We’ll be leaving now! Annyeong!”, I bowed and then pulled Minki away from the dining room.

 

When we arrived at the living room, I let go of his hand and then faced him.

 

I smiled brightly and then bowed. A perfect 90 degrees.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo! Lee Yonghoon imnida.”

 

Minki just stood there. Raising his eyebrows at me. Okay Yonghoon. Patience. You can do this.

 

“Well, I just thought we should formally introduce ourselves since… We didn’t get into a good start.”, I said.

 

Minki stepped forward until were an inch apart. I stayed where I am. I don’t want to give an impression that I’m intimidated by him.

 

“Yonghoon-shii, Let me get this straight for you. First of all, I don’t like it when people try too hard to be nice to me. I’ve handled those kinds of people before. And second, I can pretty much handle myself on my own so if you’re just helping me out of pity… Mind as well just ignore me. I’d be more thankful.”

 

I was caught off guard by what he said. He suddenly had the nerve to smirk.

 

I scoffed. He suddenly walked out.

 

“Yah Choi Minki!”

 

He stopped in his tracks.

 

“For you’re information, I am not pitying you. I am helping you because I want to. It’s up to you if you believe me or not…”

 

I paused. He suddenly turned around to look at me.

 

“I may not understand what you’re going through right now a-and I don’t know why but… I want to help you okay? I want to. Whether you like it or not. I will help you.”

 

For a moment, I got confused with myself. Where did all those words come from? I don’t know. They just came out. And to be honest, It felt good to say what I really wanted to say.

 

So it means I really want to help him? Do I really want to?
 

We stood there for what seem like a lifetime. I decided to break the eye contact and started walking ahead of him.

 

“Follow me so you won’t get lost.”

 

I blankly stated while making our way to the Café.

 

(Ren’s P.O.V)

 

“For you’re information, I am not pitying you. I am helping you because I want to. It’s up to you if you believe me or not… “

 

Yonghoon paused and I turned around to look at her.

 

“I may not understand what you’re going through right now a-and I don’t know why but… I want to help you okay? I want to. Whether you like it or not. I will help you.”

 

 

Did she really mean it? What she said? That she’ll help me?

 

I followed her all through out the walk. Good thing the Café is walking distance because I still don’t have any clue how to ride Public Transportations.

 

All through out the walk, She keeps on glancing every 2 minutes. Checking up on me whether I’m following or not. I don’t know why but it made me smile. To know that someone’s checking up on me, and to think she’s a stranger.

 

“Y-yah…w-why are you smiling?”, She stuttered.

 

My face suddenly changed, “None of your business, Pabo.”

 

She turned around to glare at me.

 

 “Is that your nickname for me? I like it.”, She said sarcastically

 

I smirked, “I’m glad you like it then, Pabo.”

 

She rolled her eyes and then continued to walk.

 

I kind of like calling you Pabo too.

 

 

(Your P.O.V)

 

Mr. Espresso Café

 

I smiled and admired the Café from outside. The name of the Café is kinda funny but I actually like the atmosphere the Café gives off. Plus, Baekho oppa’s family’s style of brewing coffee is just simply blissful!

 

I turned around and noticed Minki is looking at me. I approached him and then patted his shoulder.

 

“Minki-ah, You know what to do arasso? You’re Lee Ren and that you’re my cousin. Got it?”

 

He boredly blinked at me, “Arasso, Pabo.”

 

I made a face at him, “Whatever. Kaja!”

 

I grabbed his wrist and then we entered the Café. Woah, I never expected to have so many people in here this early in the morning.

 

“Yonghoon-ah!!”, Baekho oppa came rushing towards us.

 

“Good thing you’re here already! I need a pair of extra hands!”, He then averted his gaze on Minki.

 

“Oh, Is this your cousin? Ren right?”, Baekho oppa smiled and then offered to shake hands with Minki but Minki refused. Baekho awkwardly took his hand back.

 

I cleared my throat, “Uh… Yeah! This is my cousin and he, I mean. She is going to start today. Same shift as me since she’s quite new to the city.”

 

Baekho oppa nodded in understanding, “Arasso. Well, Her uniform is beside your locker. I trust you to train her, Yonghoon-ah.”, Baekho oppa handed me the key to Minki’s locker and then ruffled my hair.

 

“Yah! Not the hair okay? Mess with me but not my hair.”, I pouted while smoothing my hair.

 

Baekho oppa chuckled, “Arasso. Arasso. Oh and Yonghoon! Please do introduce her to the guys. I’ll be very busy working today so I’d like you to do it.”

 

I nodded while giving him the thumbs up, “No prob!”

 

I grabbed Minki’s wrist again and led him to the Staff’s locker area. I stopped in front Locker 7 and 8.

 

I handed Minki his key and he took it.

 

“Don’t lose that okay? There’s no duplicated key for our lockers so you have to be careful.”, I reminded him.

 

His eyes rounded, “Jinja? How stupid…”

 

I rolled my eyes, “I’m very sorry, Your Highness that we can’t be as smart as you are.”

 

He suddenly chuckled while shaking his head.

 

Omg, Did that guy just smiled?! This is a world record omg!!

 

He then glared at me, “Yah, Why do you look surprised all of a sudden?”

 

He then closed my mouth while tapping my chin. Omg please don’t tell me my mouth isn’t wide open!!

 

“D-did you just smiled…?”, I asked in amazement.

 

He raised his eyebrows, “I did not.”

 

I pointed at him, “Yes, you did! You just giggled!”

 

He shook his head while giving me a you’re-so-weird look, “Whatever. You’re obviously imagining things, Yonghoon.”

 

“You even called my name nicely!”, I proudly said.

 

He rolled his eyes again, “Whatever, Pabo. Let’s just go to work.”

 

He quickly took his uniform and then headed to the Comfort Room to change.

 

Aigoo~ That Minki sure is cold but what if there’s a hidden warmth inside of him?

-----

Will Minki start opening up? Oohh, Let's just wait and see! :3 Please do comment and subscribe! It really motivates me to keep on updating~