Chapter 03

My Modern day Prince Charming

 

(Ren’s P.O.V)

 

“YOU?!”

 

We both pointed each other with shocked faces. Aigoo~ why is the world so small?? T^T

 

“Wait, you both know each other already?”, Umma asked.

 

We were both too stunned to speak. Aish, why is it had to be her?? How will I tell her that I’m not really a girl?? Aish, this is so awkward!!!!

 

“Well, that tells me you already know each other…”, Appa cleared his throat while glancing around.

 

(Your P.O.V)

 

I cannot process my mind OTL can someone please explain to me how did “Lee Ren” become “Minki”?! Don’t tell me she’s a criminal hiding from the government and she threatened my family so that they can hide and not go to jail-

 

“Yonghoon-ah. Dear, I think it might be best if you take your seat and we’ll explain everything.”, Umma smiled.

 

I hesitated for a moment but took my seat beside Umma anyway and unfortunately, I was facing Ren or Minki or whatever her true identity is…

 

For a few moments, everyone is so quite that the atmosphere is so awkward and it’s pretty obvious Appa can’t handle it anymore.

 

“Okay Yonghoon-ah, This is Manager Kim.”, Appa pointed at the woman who is seated next to Ren or Minki or whatever.

 

She smiled at me and slightly bowed her head. I smiled and bowed my head too.

 

“And this is Choi Minki…”, Appa pointed at…. Well, I’ll call him Minki.

 

Minki just stared at me like I’m some kind of virus under a microscope. Does she really think I’m going to be intimidated by her? Yeah, right.

 

“Minki is… how do I explain this?”, Appa ruffled his hair a bit. Looking frustrated.

 

“Minki is… well, He’s the President of Korea’s son.”, Appa finally said.

 

My eyes widened like saucers and I saw Minki smirk.

 

Wait… He’s the President of Korea’s son??! Let me put extra quotations on that, SON?!!

 

“Um… Appa. Isn’ it suppose to be the President of Korea’s daughter?”, I blinked.

 

For a second Appa looked confused and then it hit him.

 

“Wait, so you thought Minki is a girl?”

 

I nodded, “Well, that’s what my teacher said when he introduced in front of our class so I really thought…”

 

Appa face-palmed himself, “Aigoo~ I forgot!”

 

I raised my eyebrows in confusion. Okay seriously, I’m confused. As in really confused.

 

Manager Kim finally spoke up, “You see, Yonghoon. Minki’s family was suddenly attacked by rebels because they are not quite pleased with the President’s leadership. His parents are now hiding somewhere we don’t know of and Minki here is forced to be separated because he really is the future of his family…”

 

I glanced at Minki who is now looking at me with so many emotions I can’t understand.

 

“He is now hiding behind a new identity, Yonghoon. He is now pretending to be a girl because of circumstances. We cannot take chances. And I was hoping you could help him adjust…”, Manager Kim asked while looking at me hopefully.

 

I bit my lip while I let the reality sink in to me. Okay, so Minki here is really a boy. He’s just pretending to be “Lee Ren” and I need to help him.

 

Well, I guess I’m fine with that.

 

I glanced around at everybody. They were all looking at me with hopeful looks except Minki. Who is rather looking at me with amusement.

 

I turned my gaze to Manager Kim and I slowly nodded. A genuine smile appeared on her face.

 

“Gomawo, Yonghoon-shii.”

 

I returned the smile and we all continued eating. While I sense a pair of eyes watching me.

 

----

 

After dinner, I excused myself and went out to the garden. I needed the break. It was too overwhelming inside.

 

Hmm… what could possibly cheer me up when I get down like this? Oh wait! JR’s suppose to call me right now. His shift ended an hour ago.

 

I quickly took out my phone and I already had 2 messages from JR saying that he got to the Café safely and the other message said that why am I not picking up.

 

I suddenly giggled at the emoticon he used.

 

“Yah, Yonghoon-ah~! Why aren’t you picking up your phone? >3<”

 

I smiled. I hate you for making me feel this way, Jerk.

 

I was about to press ‘call’ on JR’s contact when a “Jr is calling you, Answer or End Call?” popped up on my screen. Taking a deep breath, I pressed ‘Answer’.

 

“Yah Ajhumma! Wae aren’t you picking up your phone?? Did your parents finally decided to set you up with a princes who’s more handsome than me and you’re now starting to ignore me?”, I can here a teasing tone in JR’s voice. He always calls me ‘Ajhumma’ if he’s in the mood to tease me and obviously, He’s in the mood.

 

I shook my head while giggling at his cute tantrum. Who’d you consider the son of the President of Korea as a ‘prince’? If yes, then maybe.

 

I wanted to tell him everything. Of course, He’s my best friend but I can’t. I’m not that stupid to risk Minki’s life and everyone else. I’m sorry, JR.

 

“Well, actually. Umma set me up with Song Joongki and yeah, I’ve finally decided to ignore you since Joongki oppa is more handsome than you.”

 

I can hear JR chuckle. I laughed too.

 

“Yah Yonghoon-ah, You’re at your garden right?”, JR asked.

 

“Ne. Waeyo?”, I asked.

 

JR giggled, “Can you not see a very handsome guy whose waving at you?”

 

At first I was confused and then I started looking around and then I noticed him. Wearing the sweater I gave him for his birthday last year. He kept on waving like a crazy baboon.

 

I ended the call and waved back and then he shouted.

 

“Aren’t you going to let me in or should I just go in?”

 

I laughed while I shook my head. Before making my way to the gate, I turned around to look at the dining room. Okay, it’s quite and the lights upstairs are so I guess they’re settling in.

 

I finally made my way to the gate and let JR in.

 

“Waeyo?”, I asked him.

 

He nodded with a stupid grin plastered on his face, “Hi too, Yonghoon.”

 

I rolled my eyes with a smile, “What brings you here?”

 

He glanced around the garden, admiring everything and then he took a seat on the bench. I sit beside him.

 

We were peacefully quiet for a moment. This is why I like being with JR. I’m always comfortable when I’m with him. We were never awkward and he understands me. Maybe this is one of the reasons why I like him.

 

(Ren’s P.O.V)

 

“This is will be your room now, Minki-ah. I hope you like it.”, Umma or Mrs. Lee said.

 

I smiled, “I like it. Kamsahamnida.”

 

She smiled too, “I’m glad.”

“Well, you should settle in now. You have school tomorrow. Yonghoon will accompany and help you adapt in the city so don’t worry now, Minki-ah.”, Appa or Mr. Lee assured me.

 

I nodded again while smiling, “Ne, Appa. Kamsahamnida.”

 

Appa smiled and then they all left. Helping Manager Kim to settle in her room.

 

I looked around at the room. The room I’ll be staying for a while. It’s little but I like it. It reminds me of home.

 

I plopped my backpack at my bed and then the window took my attention.

 

I pushed the curtains aside and looked out. Rows and rows of houses stretched form afar and you can see the Namsan Tower from a far and the twinkling lights of Seoul.

 

I shifted my gaze to the ground and noticed that Yonghoon is outside, sitting at the bench. with someone. A boy.

 

They were both giggling and talking. Looking comfortable with each other.

 

I suddenly noticed the guy’s face. Wait, He looks familiar. Isn’t he the guy from my class? The one seated behind Me and Yonghoon?

 

The guy suddenly stood up and Yonghoon followed. Making their way to the gate. The guy faced Yonghoon with a smile. Even a stupid person can tell that the smile the guy is giving Yonghoon is the type of smile he gives to that special someone. And that special someone is Yonghoon.

 

Yonghoon waved goodbye and the guy left while looking too happy.

 

So Yonghoon is in a relationship? Well, who cares? Not me.

 

I closed the curtains and finally decided to go to bed.

 

It will be a long day tomorrow.

 

-------

Sorry for not updating recently.~ I hope you like this chapter! ^^ please do comment & subscribe! :)