Chapter 10

My Modern day Prince Charming

(Your POV)

 

It was quite busy in Myeongdeong. No doubt since it was a friday and most of the people are out with their friends and family during the weekends.

When we got off the bus, Myeongdeong's flashing lights, brightly lit advertisements and pop music suddenly welcomed us like a wave in the beach. I never really appreciated noisy cities. If you even ask me, I would prefer going to the provinces rather than party all night in a crowded city like this.

I decided to break my train of thoughts and turn to Minki who was dressed in his casual boy clothes. I took the time to examine him.

If you excluded his long blonde wig, He would have been a really handsome guy. Don't get me wrong, he still looks handsome with the wig but- wait. What am i even saying?!

 

"Done staring?"

 

I shook my thoughts away and glared at him, "I wasn't staring okay? I was just-"

Minki shook me off impatiently.

"Arrasso. Arasso. Where to now?"

I made a face at him and shifted my attention at our surroundings.

 

Music Store... Book shop... Hair Salon... Oh! Food Cart!

 

I quickly grabbed Minki's wrist and dragged him to the direction of the Food Cart.

 

--------

 

"Ajhumma! more tteokbeoki here please~"

 

"Arasso! Aigoo~ you eat too much, Yonghoon-ah!"

I laughed at the Ajhumma's statement. The Ajhumma who owns this food cart already knows me since i always go here during my spare time.

"She knows you already?

I nodded while chewing on my food.

"Yeah. I always go here."

I placed another mouthful of tteokbeoki on my mouth. My eyes landed on Minki's barely touched food.

"Yah, why aren't you eating?"

Minki just blinked at me like i just grew another head or something. Aish, This guy! = . =

I stuck my fork on his food and held it in front of him.

"Eat."

Minki shook his head stubbornly, "I don't want to."

I glared at him, "Yah, don't be such a wuss. It's only street food."

Minki crossed his arms across his chest and shook his head again, "I said i don't want to."

I raised my eyebrows, "You said you want to blend in right?"

Minki cautiously nodded.

"Then eat, Minki-ah! No normal person doesn't eat street food except wealthy people."

Minki made a face but he took the bite anyway. I can already feel a headache coming in my head from his stubbornness!

"Its delicious right?", I smiled at him expectantly.

He took more bites. Anticipating, I leaned forward to see his reaction. Hihi i bet he'll love it!

"Yah, is it delicious?", I asked again. getting more and more impatient by the minute.

Instead of answering, He just took another piece of tteokbeoki and after several minutes, he finished 3 bowls. 3 BOWLS OF TTEOKBEOKI. I CAN'T BELIEVE THE APPETITE OF THIS GUY AISH BYE BYE MONEY T_______T

I blinked at him in surprise, "Yah... I thought you didn't like street food?"

He guped down the cup of water and placed it on the table.

"Who said i liked it?"

I made a face at him, "You dare deny liking it when you finished 3 bowls?! Do you know how much that cost me?!"

He shook his head and flashed me an innocent smile.

wow now his playing the innocent one now? well sorry, his tactics will not work on me!

"Don't you dare flash me that cute look!", I crossed my arms defensively.

He smirked and leaned forward to the table.

"So you thought i was cute?"

My mouth fell open and i managed to shook my head profusely.

"A-Aniyo! Why would i even think that?"

Minki shook his head and laughed. A smile automatically appeared in my face.

 

I wish he would smile often.

 

"Yah, why are you smiling?"

I quickly let my smile disappear and glared at him.

"I wasn't."

He scoffed, "You did. What a weirdo."

I glared at him again, "Don't call me that! Aish, Kaja. I still have to show you around here."

I stook up on my seat. Minki did the same and we made our way to the busy streets of Myeongdeong.

 

----------

 

"Yah! You beated my score again!"

"Is it my fault you're such a dumb player?"

I gasped, "How dare you?!"

 

Game Over

 

 

I dropped my blue gun on the gun rack and glared at Minki.

"You jerk! You wouldn't even let me win a round!"

He stuck his tongue at me, "Why would i? besides..."

He leaned forward and pinched my cheeks.

"... I like seeing you lose."

He laughed like a maniac and made his way to the exit of the Arcade.

That. Jerk. just. pinched. my. cheeks. earlier. while. insulting. me. THE NERVE!!

okay, calm down, Yonghoon-ah! you'll get an earful later from umma when you mess that jerk-of-a-person named Choi Minki so contain yourself, Yonghoon-ah.

I sighed and followed him outside. When i finally made my way outside the Arcade, I saw Minki looking at a news stand. I quickly jogged my way to him.

"Minki-ah, what are you looking at-"

 

President Choi and his family, still missing.

Are President Choi and His family missing or hiding?

Rebels message to President Choi and his family: "Surrender or not, We will find you."

 

I silently gasped at the Newspapers different headlines for today. I don't really bother myself with reading newspapers and stuffs but i guess from now on, I have to.

I turned my gaze on Minki, who was pursing his lips and looking at the newspapers intently.

The Channel on the mini TV of the news stand suddenly flashed into the daily news and a pretty looking reporter suddenly flashed on the screen.

 

"We still don't have any news of the sudden disappearance of the Choi Family and the complete search for the Rebels' Mastermind is still going downhill. Although they had left a warning to the Choi Family earlier saying that "Surrender or not, we will find you." The prosecutors are still trying their best to locate where the message came from."

 

I turned to look at Minki to see that his eyes were full of anger and his face stone-hard. I grabbed his arm and he immediately looked at me with fearful eyes.

"Minki-ah... Kaja. It's not safe to be out here anymore."

He silently nodded and we made our way to the nearest bus stop when suddenly...

 

"Yonghoon-ah?"

 

I stopped in my tracks. I awfully know whose voice is that.

i turned around and my eyes widened.

 

"JR?"

 

---------------------------

hi guys! did you like the update today? :3 hihi i know it's bad and all lol but i do hope you liked it haha 

anyways, please look forward to the upcoming chapters hihi because this is where the story spices up i guess? ;D

please do comment, subscribe and upvote! <3

(oh and btw, i'm currently working on a minhyun fic hihi but i'll post it when i finish this fanfic first hihi)