Chapter 11

My Modern day Prince Charming

(Your POV)

"Yonghoon-ah?"

 

I stopped in my tracks. I awfully know whose voice is that.

I turned around and my eyes widened.

 

"JR?"

 

It finally dawned on me that I still haven't told JR that I had to cancel our plans for tonight. Aish, how stupid of me.

JR's eyes finally landed on Minki.

"You didn't tell me you and Ren have plans."

I bit my lower lip, "JR-ah..."

JR faked a smile and shook his head.

"Gwaenchana. It's nice to see the both of you though. Oh and Yonghoon-ah..."

I shifted my gaze at him and he sadly smiled at me.

"You should learn to check your phone at all times. I know you always forget to check your phone when you're busy. I just wanted to remind you."

He gave me a one last look and left. Leaving my chest heavy from guilt.

I took my phone out of my pocket and 12 messages and 7 missed calls flashed through my screen. All from JR.

I sighed. Way to screw everything up, Lee Yonghoon.

I blinked back the tears that were forming in the brim of my eyes. This was all my fault. I should have remembered to text him.

"Yonghoon-ah..."

A tear suddenly escaped from my eyes and rolled down my cheeks. I quickly wiped it away.

I looked up at Minki and smiled at him. He was looking at me with sad eyes.

"Kaja. It's already late. Let's go home."

 

------------

 

All through out the bus ride home, we were both quiet. No one was talking. I wouldn't blame Minki though. He probably thinks i'm a jerk for leaving JR like that.

 

"Do you know what was the first kingdom that ruled our country?"

 

I shifted my gaze from the window to Minki who was smiling at me. I gave him a befuddled look.

"You do know you're weird sometimes right?"

Minki laughed and playfully glared at me.

"C'mon! answer my question."

I shook my head while laughing.

"I don't know. What is it?"

Minki's eyes widened, "You don't know what kingdom was first to rule South Korea?"

I pouted, "Well, I'm sorry I don't know everything, Mr. Smarty Pants!"

Minki stuck his tongue out at me.

"I'm not even smart! It's just... It's our obligation to study the History of South Korea you know?"

I nodded my head in understanding. Of course, Minki would know it. He's the son of the President of South Korea.

"Yah, you still haven't told me the answer yet!", I nudged his shoulder.

"It's Gojoseon."

I gave Minki a confused look, "Isn't that the second kingdom to rule our country?"

"Aniyo! are you stupid?! even pre-schoolers know the answer!"

"Well, I'm sorry my IQ level is of a cockroach!"

"Even Cockroaches are smarter than you."

"YAH!"

 

and just like that, we ended up bickering all through out the way home and thanks to Minki, even for just a moment, I managed to forget the heavy feeling in my heart.

 

----------- 

 

"Thank you, Please come again!"

 

It was a saturday and It was quite a busy morning in the Café. Minki currently took my shift as the cashier for today because I ended up getting 4 orders mismatched. I don't know why. I'm still upset about what happened last night with JR and to make matters worst, He didn't showed up for work today. Baekho Oppa got so worried that he called JR's phone several times but he wasn't picking up.

I ended up cleaning the windows and the tables. I just wasn't being myself today and I guess everyone noticed it because they kept on pestering me why i'm acting like this today. All I could do is sigh at them and tell them I'm okay even though it was quite obvious I wasn't.

I already called JR 20 times today and I messaged him for several times and he still wouldn't reply to my messages or answer my calls. Is he really going to continue ignoring me like this?

I dropped the wash cloth that I was using on the pail that I was carrying and made my way to the Staff Room. I quickly placed the pail on the floor and left the Staff Room. I slumped myself on one of the stools on the counter and sighed.

I was already planning on apologizing to JR today but I guess he's still mad at me. I wouldn't even blame him. If I were him, I would be mad too.

I'm really a horrible person.

 

"What's up with you today and JR?"

 

I quickly turned to my right and saw Minhyun Oppa staring at me like I was some kind of bacteria in a microscope. I pouted.

 

"He wouldn't reply to my messages or answer my calls."

 

Minhyun Oppa nodded in understanding, "Let me guess, you stood him up yesterday?"

My eyes widened, "H-how did you know..?"

Minhyun oppa smiled.

"Because he told me yesterday that you and him we're going to Myeongdeong. He looked really excited though."

And I just stood him up. He must have been really disappointed.

"Don't worry, Yonghoon-ah. I know you didn't stood him up without having a valid reason. I'm sure JR will come around pretty soon."

I looked at Minhyun Oppa who was smiling at me. I smiled too.

"And besides, that guy cares way too much for you to even resist you."

I smiled and shook my head, "I hope so."

Minhyun Oppa ruffled my hair with a chuckle.

"I know so."

and he left to take orders from the customers.

 

-------------------

 

It was already 5 in the afternoon and the Café just got crowded. I know it's pretty stupid for me to wait for JR to come. I just know he'll come by sooner and later. I just know it.

I served the two Iced Mochas on table #4 who were composed of 2 girls. I placed the two coffees on the table, smiled at them and then left.

I was about to place a café latte on my tray and serve it to table #7 when I heard the door chimes ring. I couldn't help it. I got distracted by the sound that I turned to look who was it that entered the Café and the minute that I saw who it was, I regretted it.

 

It was JR and Yoonmi.

 

It was like I could hear the sound of my heart crashing into a million pieces. For a moment, It got harder to breathe. My gaze were glued to the both of them who were making their way into a table. Yoonmi was beaming. Of course, she would be happy. She likes JR so much that she hates my guts for being too close to JR. well, I hate your guts too, Baek Yoonmi.

I shifted my gaze to JR who looked totally normal. I noticed the dark circles around his eyes. Had he even slept at all last night?

I wonder why would JR hang out with Yoonmi though. He had always avoided Yoonmi because Yoonmi is very clingy and JR hated the attention.

So why would JR even go to the Café with her?

 

Aron Oppa was the first one to approach JR. JR gave Aron Oppa a smile. Baekho Oppa rushed to them and joined their conversation. Soon, Minhyun Oppa came and they were all talking.

I couldn't go there. Why would I even go there? There was no reason why I should even approach him.

I sighed and made my way towards table #7. My hands were quite shaking from the idea of JR and Yoonmi coming here together. I couldn't think and act normally.

I was about to place the café latte into the table when I suddenly heard Yoonmi and JR's voice. It sounded like that were laughing.

So they were having fun together.

 

Is JR more happy with her than with me?

 

I suddenly heard a clang and a scream. After a few moments, I realized that I had dropped the café latte into the customers lap. It was like time froze at that moment.

 

"ARE YOU STUPID OR JUST PLAIN CLUMSY?!"

 

The woman screeched as she harshly wiped her peach-colored dress. I could only stand there and force myself not to cry. I tried to muster up all the strength that I had just to speak but nothing came out.

 

"Are you just going to stand there?! Apologize to me!!"

 

I flinched at the woman's loud and angry tone. I was about to speak when I could feel a warm hand holding my arm. I turned my gaze into the person who was next to me and I silently gasped. It was Minki.

 

"Mianhae. Our waitress here seems to be sick today resulting for her clumsiness. We're really sorry. If you would like, We could help you with the expenses of dry cleaning your dress."

 

Minki bowed several times to the woman who looked like she calmed a bit due to Minki's apology. I could only stand there and watch.

The woman still glared at us but atleast she looked a tad bit calmer now. She crossed her arms across her chest.

"I don't care! I'll never come back here again!"

She packed all her stuff and stormed out of the Café. After a few minutes, the customers finally went back to their own agendas.

Minki pulled a handkerchief on his pocket and he gently wiped the sticky coffee in my hands. I appreciated the wamrth that he was giving me on my hands.

I was about to thank Minki when Baekho Oppa, Aron Oppa and Minhyun Oppa came rushing to us.

"Yonghoon-ah, Gwaenchana?", Aron Oppa asked me. His tone full of concern.

I managed to nod but they were still looking at me with concern.

"I'm really worried about you today, Yonghoon-ah.", Baekho Oppa said.

I managed to smile at him, "Thanks but you shouldn't. I'm completely okay-"

 

"No, you aren't."

 

I turned to the direction of that voice and JR was there. His eyes looking like he was piercing through my soul.

 

"Come with me. I want to talk to you."

 

He suddenly exited the Café. At first, I couldn't believe that he wanted to talk to me but Minki finally nudged me.

I looked at Minki but he nodded at me encouragingly.

"Go. You should talk to him."

I sighed. Am I really ready to talk to him? Aish, Okay. I'll talk to him.

 

I made my way towards the glass doors of the Café. When I got to the door, I gently held the knob first before opening it. I sighed. You can do this, Yonghoon. I can do this.

I finally pushed the door open and the chilly Seoul air enveloped me like a blanket.

JR was standing beside the pond. I gulped. This is really it, Yonghoon.

I carefully walked my way towards JR and I stood beside him.

"What is it?", I managed to say.

It took a few moments for JR to talk but he finally spoke up.

"Do you like him?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. What is he's talking about? 

"What? What are you talking about?"

JR finally faced me.

"Ren... or should I say Minki? Do you like him?"

My eyes widened. Does JR know Minki's true indentity? It can't be... I didn't tell anyone nor him. So why would he know?

I decided to act like he wasn't making any sense.

"I don't know what you're talking about-"

"Don't play dumb with me, Lee Yonghoon. You know that I know when you're lying or not and besides... Minki told me himself last night."

"Last night?! Mwo?! You're really not making any sense, JR-"

JR sighed.

 

"I know Minki's secret, Yonghoon. He told me last night and explained everything."

 

-------------------------------------------------

ooooooh, so JR finally know Minki's secret? stay tuned for the next chapter!! *u*

and also, please do check my newest fanfic starring You, Nu'est's Minhyun & Seventeen's Wonwoo! click here

please do comment, subscribe and upvote! :)

plus, a bonus Ren and JR for all of you my lovely readers! <3

looks like Ren's complaining or something lol so cutie ; u ; i must stop staring at his plump lips

(credits for the ren gifs)

cutie patootie JR with the potato lmao he's so cute ;; 

(credits for the JR gifs)