Chapter 05

My Modern day Prince Charming

 

(Your P.O.V)

 

“Um… Guys! I’d like you to meet my Cousin, Lee Ren!”

 

I gestured towards Minki and then he slightly bowed.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo. Lee Ren imnida.”

 

I looked at JR and he looked surprised and confused at the same time.

 

Oh wait… JR knows that I don’t know Minki. Aigoo~ what should I do?! I’m so stupid ugh!!

 

I gulped and then I started introducing Aron oppa, Minhyun Oppa & JR.

 

“This is Aron oppa.”, I pointed at Aron oppa and woah. Am I imagining things or did Aron oppa just winked at Minki?

 

“This is Minhyun Oppa.”, I pointed at Minhyun oppa.

 

“Nice to meet you!”, Minhyun oppa smiled. Minki just blinked.

 

I shifted my gaze at the confused JR. Aigoo~ I owe him an explanation later. Maybe I’ll just tell him that I only knew Ren after I got home and I was surprised to know that she’s actually my cousin! Okay I’ll just tell that to JR.

 

“… And this is JR.”, I pointed at JR. JR gave Minki a small smile.

 

“So I guess were good?”, I clasped both of my hands.

 

“Um… Minhyun Oppa, Baekho oppa just texted me a while ago that you can go back to Kitchen duty. So you and Aron oppa can start now.”, I smiled while gesturing to Minhyun and Aron oppa.

 

Minhyun oppa started pumping his fist and hugging Aron oppa and then they both went to the Main Kitchen.

 

I turned to JR and Minki.

 

“And you guys, we’ll be serving customers. JR, You’ll be on Cashier duty today and Ren, You’re with me.”

 

I then lead Minki at the counter where the coffee cups, plates and other utensils were stacked and where the coffee machine is.

 

“Okay, so this is the Coffee Maker. I’ll be teaching you the basics tomorrow since we’re going to have class in half an hour.”, I turned to look at him and he just stared at me. Expressionless.

 

I meekly smiled, “You’re just going to serve customers today. Should I teach you or…?”

 

He shook his head, “No need. I can do it.”

 

I hesitated, “Are you sure?”

 

“Of course.”, He stated as if I just said he can’t walk.

 

I rolled my eyes, “Okay then, Your Highness. After you serve customers, I'd teach you everything arasso? In 2 hours, we'll be going to school."

 

--

 

After grabbing my backpack, I quickly went out of the Staff’s locker area and bid goodbye to Baekho, Minhyun and Aron oppa since they have a different schedule compared to ours.

 

After saying goodbye, I noticed Minki is already waiting outside the Café. I approached him.

 

“Kaja?”

 

He turned his gaze to me, “Aren’t you going to wait for your boyfriend?”

 

My eyebrows creased, “Eh? What boyfriend?”

 

He then gestured towards a running JR whose going in our direction.

 

Oh. So he thought JR’s my boyfriend? That is insane! Although I don’t really have a problem with that… Aish, stop it Yonghoon!

 

JR then finally arrived in front of us while catching his breath.

 

“We should get going now…”, JR panted.

 

I patted his back and then he gave me look that says I owe him an explanation later. I gulped then nodded slowly.

 

I looked at Minki who is now observing us with a smug smile. I raised my eyebrows at him. He rolled his eyes.

 

(At School)

 

“Okay Class, as you all know, Seoul National High School always holds a Pageant to welcome the new school year…”

 

I turned my gaze to Minki who is busily reading the thick Chemistry textbook. Well, I guess his a model student.

 

“…And the Principal noted me that this year, our section needs to select 1 boy and 1 girl to represent our batch. So I would like you guys to nominate or volunteer you think would fit to compete in the pageant.”

 

Mr. Park then looked around. Waiting for someone to speak up.

 

After a few moments, Yoonmi raised her hand confidently. Mr. Park signaled towards her to stand up.

 

“I nominate Jr & Me.”

 

And then the class burst out in whispers of agreement and disagreement.

 

Yoonmi turned to look at me and she smirked. I rolled my eyes at her. Ugh, I really hate that girl. Ever since the first year of High School, she hates me. You know the reason? It’s because I’m close with JR and little miss popular here is jealous. She just doesn’t want to admit it.

 

“Okay, Class. Settle down.”, Mr. Park shushed the class.

 

“I NOMINATE REN!!!!!!”

 

Some boy shouted at the back of the classroom and then the entire boys started cheering on Ren. I looked at Ren. He’s still reading the Chemistry textbook. Aish, this guy. =____=

 

“I NOMINATE JR OPPA TOO!!”

 

Some girl shouted across the room and the entire girls except Yoonmi and me cheered.

 

“Okay, It’s settled now. JR & Ren are going to be our Representatives for the Pageant.”, Mr. Park finally stated.

 

The whole class erupted in cheers. Yoonmi scowled, upon hearing that she isn’t going to be the Girl Representative along with JR.

 

I worriedly glanced at Minki. Aish, Doesn’t he even heard that he’s going to be joining a pageant as a ‘Girl Representative’?!

 

I tapped Minki’s shoulder, “Yah, Minki-ah I mean. Ren!”

 

He turned his gaze at me slowly. He raised his eyebrows.

 

“Did you even hear what Mr. Park said?”

 

He gave me one of his signature poker faces. I face-palmed myself.

 

“Aish, I knew it you weren’t listening!”, I scratch my head in annoyance.

 

“You’re actually an official contestant of the School’s Pageant!”

 

At first, He just gave me his famous poker face but then Mr. Park called him.

 

“Ms. Ren-shii, I’ll notify your guardian right away about you being our Girl Representative in our School Pageant.”

 

(Ren’s P.O.V)

 

“Ms. Ren-shii, I’ll notify your guardian right away about you being our Girl Representative in our School Pageant.”

 

WTF IS MR.PARK SERIOUS?! ARGH AND HERE I AM TRYING TO BE INVISIBLE.

 

“b-but Mr. Park… I don’t really want to join this-“

 

“Nonsense, Ren-shii! You should join. By joining this Pageant, You would actually be rewarded with bonus points in your Average Grade. I’m sure you’d want that.”

 

“b-but Mr. Park… I really don’t want to join-“

 

“Mianhae, Ren-shii but I’ve already listed you’re name here and I can’t change it.”

 

I sighed, “Arasso, Mr. Park…”

 

Mr. Park smiled at me, “Don’t worry. I know you can do it.”

 

I smiled and nodded and then I go back to my seat.

 

Aish, What have I gotten myself into?! And to think I was only studying. Aish!! What am I gonna do??!

 

“Ren-ah…”

 

I slowly turned to look at Yonghoon. She looks at me with concern. Aish, Do I really look frustrated?

 

She cleared , “W-what did Mr. Park said..?”

 

My expression turned serious, “He said he can’t change my name. He already listed me.”

 

She gulped and for a few moments, we were quiet.

 

“W-what’s your plan now…?”, She asked softly.

 

My expression turned serious and I looked at her.

 

“I have no choice… I’ll just go with it.”

------

Hope you like the update today! ^^ Please do comment and subscribe.~