Yang Seul Ki

Shared Responsibilities (Closing story to I'm Different, Crazy and Our World)

Seungho’s POV

After seeing baby Seol Chan being born last week, I would be lying if I said I was not excited for my baby girl. Yes, another girl. Minji and I initially decided to keep the gender a secret, but we were both dying of curiosity to the point we called up her gynae in the middle of the night to ask.

“You are so done for, Lucky. Your life will be tormented by females.” She said to me after knowing the gender of our baby.

I shrugged my shoulders and continued to caress her belly.

“My baby girl wouldn’t be mean to me, am I right?” I asked.

“She’ll gang up with Minki and give you a time of your life.” Minji said.

“Ahh my life~” I sighed.

“But I have a feeling this girl will be cheekier than Minki.” She said.

“Why?” I asked, drawing patterns on her belly with my finger.

“She feels more active and responsive than when I was carrying Minki.” She said, smacking my hand.

“Yea, I remember. Minki was always in her own world when we were looking at those ultrasound. Always playing with her toes. Even until now, she is still admiring her toes. What is wrong with that girl?” I laughed.

“Weird like you~” She said, pinching my cheek.

“I’m weird?” I asked.

“Yea, you’re the weirdest weirdo ever.” She said.

“Really?” I asked, snuggling my head into her chest.

She laughed and smacked me like as if I could not feel anything.

***
I was at work but I kept having this uneasy feeling. I could not seem to concentrate on anything that I was doing.

“Seungho, are you okay?” My manager asked me.

“Yea just… I keep having a weird feeling. But I’m fine.” I said.

“Sure?” He asked.

“Yea.” I assured him.

The boys knew I was not feeling good therefore they tried to help me cover up during our schedules. I was spacing out during an interview when I saw my manager waving frantically at me. I looked at him, unable to make out what he was saying. He got frustrated and apologized before entering the set to pull me out.

“What is it?” I asked.

“Minji have been calling you non-stop. I think you should call her back.” He said.

My heart raced when I saw almost ten missed calls from Minji. Just as I was about to call her back, she called me again.

“Darling? Are you okay?” I answered quickly.

“What took you so long!?” She shouted.

“I.. I..” I was lost for words.

“Lucky, I… Ahhhh~ It ing hurts.” She groaned.

“I’m coming back now.” I said as I ended the call hurriedly.

“I have to go.” I told my manager.

I did not need to explain the situation to him. He knew exactly what was going on. Minji was going into labor.

“Go on. Hurry up. Go.” He said, literally shoving my stuff to me and pushing me out. The boys managed to sneak a ‘fighting’ sign to me before I left.

The traffic was not doing me a favour at all. What is with a traffic jam at 3 in the afternoon? I was cutting lanes and speeding. I got horned and shown the finger many times by other drivers but they were the least of my concern. My phone kept ringing and I panicked even more seeing Minji’s name flash on the caller ID. In the end, I abandoned my car and ran back home. My lungs burned and I felt like I could pass out in the heat but I could not stop.

“I’m coming! I.. I…” I panted when Minji called again.

“Where are you?” She was crying. She must be in a lot of pain.

“I’m reach…ing! Soon! Soon!” I said as I quicken my pace.

“Hurry up!” She yelled.

I was so focused on getting home as soon as possible I ran straight into lamppost when I was supposed to turn.

“ARE YOU OKAY!?” Passersby yelled when I fell backwards.

My head was spinning and I could see blood dripping from my head to all over my face.

“I… I’m fine.” I said as I forced myself to stand up.

“I think you better get that checked in the hospital.” One of the lady said as she pressed her handkerchief against my bleeding wound.

“I’m good. I’m good.” I said, trying to balance myself.

“You need to go to the hospital. I’ll call an ambulance.” Another man said.

“No, no, no. I need to go. Thank you so much, but I am fine.” I bowed to them before continuing to run. I could hear them yelling at me from behind but I could not stop.

When I finally got home, my hands were shaking so much I could not even punch in the code to open our door. I had to grab my hand to hold it still.

“Minji! Minji!” I yelled when I finally got in.

“Deedee!!” Minki called out, looking at me with teary eyes.

Minji was on the sofa, groaning in pain.

“I’m here, darling. I’m here.” I said to her.

“What took you so long!?” She yelled at me.

“I’m so sorry.” I apologized.

Her expression softened when she saw my face.

“What happened to you?” She asked, touching my head.

“I… I banged into the lamppost, but I am fine. Bear with it for awhile more, I’m calling the ambulance.” I said as I fumbled with my phone.

I called for an ambulance while trying to hush Minki who looked so scared. I have never seen her so scared before.

“It’s okay, sweetheart. Deedee is here now.” I said, hushing her.

“Lucky…” Minji panted, looking at me.

“Yes? I’ve called the ambulance. They are on their way.” I said.

She shook her head.

“Huh?” I looked at her, confused.

“I don’t think… I can wait.” She said.

“What?” I asked.

“My water broke.” She said.

I fell backwards, digesting what she just said. Indeed, her water broke. I panicked even more when she looked like she was in more pain than she was just a while ago.

“Stay calm, Yang Seungho. You cannot panic.” I muttered to myself.

“What do I do? What do I do?” I asked no one in particular.

“Seungho~~” Minji cried.

I went to her side and cradled her in my arms. She looked at me with pleading eyes, as though I could ease her pain instantly, but how?

‘If you don’t pull yourself together, you’ll be letting a lot of people down.’ I thought to myself.

“Alright, let’s do this.” I said as I headed to wash my hands.

Thankfully I was there when Minji gave birth to Minki the other time. I think I still remember how the gynae did it.

Minji’s POV

“What are you going to do?” I asked with teary eyes.

“Minji, we’ll bring our baby to this world together, okay? My body is for you to abuse, but you also need to listen to me because I am going to help you.” He said.

If I were not in so much pain and if not for the baby already almost on her way out, I would take my time to fall in love with this handsome being all over again. Despite shaking like a leaf, he still tried to stay calm and act like as if he was a professional. Yang Seungho, do you have any idea how charming you are now?

It was a little embarrassing having your husband help you deliver the baby but it was not as if I had any choice.

“You need to focus on your breathing, darling. I think I can see a bit of her head.” Seungho said.

“I CAN’T BREATHE! I DON’T WANT TO BREATHE! IT HURTS!!!” I screamed at him although it was not his fault that childbirth hurt like crazy.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” He apologized.

He was busy with looking at the progress of the baby as well as making sure I was not dead yet. Minki squatted beside me, looking at me with her big eyes. She patted my back lightly, as though trying to tell me it was okay.

“I’m fine, sweetheart.” I smiled.

“Darling, maybe you want to start pushing?” Seungho asked.

I nodded. But no matter how much strength I used, apart from being in extreme pain, our baby girl did not feel like she was willing to come out.

“Maybe a little more strength?” He said.

“I DON’T HAVE ANY!!!” I yelled back.

“Sorry.” He muttered.

I was a screaming mess. I yanked onto his hair and grabbed his face as I finally brought our baby girl to the world. He was as relieve as I am when the girl was born. He took off his shirt to wrap her up. But to our dismay,  this girl, like Minki, did not cry when she was supposed to.

“Let me.. see..” I panted.

I could see Seungho’s jaws tightened. His face was pale and he did not seem to be able to hear me. He was shaking so much I want to hold onto him but I could not.

“Seung.. ho.” I called out.

“No, no. Don’t do this to me again, please. Please.” He cried as he cradled our daughter in his arms.

“Seungho…” I called out again.

“Please, please, please. Baby girl, sweetheart, darling, please don’t.” He kept crying.

“Seungho… let me see.” I said again.

He finally heard me and handed our baby girl to me. She looked exactly like how Minki looked when she was born; Bluish purple instead of pink.

“I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry. It’s my fault. I was too late. Why did I even go to work? I shouldn’t have went. Why did I contemplate helping you deliver our baby? I should have done it instantly. I’m so sorry. It’s all my fault.” He kept crying.

I had no idea who to console; myself or him?

The monthly checkups I went for showed that our girl was very strong. We saw her kicking and being very active too. How can it be that she is stillborn?

“Hey, baby girl, you’re strong like your sister, please don’t do this to us.” I said to our child.

“Is this baby?” Minki asked me.

I nodded, not having the heart to tell her what was going on.

“So cute~” She squealed, and then planted a kiss on her sister’s forehead.

And as if on cue, the girl in my arms started crying so loud Minki got a shock and started crying as well.

“Seungho! Seungho!” I called out, laughing and crying at the same time, unable to believe what was happening.

Seungho looked up, his tear stained face now plastered with a wide smile.

“Thank you. Thank you.” He cried, hugging all of us.

“Why are you crying? Did she scare you?” He asked Minki who was still crying from shock.

“Deedee!! Deedee!!” She kept crying.

“You’re so strong you scared your sister the moment you’re born?” I said to our still-crying newborn.

“But thank you for coming back to us. Thank you.” I whispered, kissing her on her forehead.

The ambulance finally came. Maybe not too long had passed, but this whole process felt like forever. The medics were shocked to see that I have already given birth and that all of us were crying.

“We could hear your baby’s cries from down the street.” One of them said as he helped me on the stretcher.

“She’s strong like that.” I smiled.

I looked at Seungho who was holding Minki in his arms. She looked like she was asleep already. Seungho flashed me a weak smile. The wound on his head was still bleeding, his hair was in a huge mess and he had scratches on his face.

“Where’s your shirt?” I asked.

He looked surprised to find out he was half-, but it was already too late because we were in the ambulance, on the way to the hospital.

“Get a blanket later.” I said.

“Alright.” He smiled.

“And get your head treated, then tell me exactly what happened.” I said. 

At the hospital, I fell asleep quicker than I thought I would, but I was awoken when I heard a loud thud. I opened my eyes to find Seungho on the floor.

“Owww~” Seungho groaned.

“Are you okay?” I asked.

“Eh? Oh. Yea. Sorry I woke you.” He said as he helped himself up.

“You sure?” I asked when he wobbled.

“Come here~” I said.

He sat down on the chair beside me, grinning.

“What happened to you?” I asked, cupping his cheeks.

“I was running, then I banged into the lamppost.” He said.

“Why so careless? Did you get a scan to see if there are any cracks on your skull?” I asked.

“I did an X-ray. No cracks. And, my only thought just now was that I had to get home fast.” He said.

“Thank you, Lucky. If not for you, I have no idea what would happen. You were so brave, so charming. I think I fell for you all over again.” I said.

“I was too slow. I almost killed our girl.” He said.

“No, no. You didn’t. Don’t be silly.” I hugged him.

“I cannot imagine what is going to happen if she did not wake up.” He started crying all over again.

“Aigoo~ Why do you have so much tears?” I asked as I caressed his back.

“I was so scared.” He sobbed.

“But you were very brave too.” I coaxed him.

Just as I was trying to stop him from crying, the boys came in, making a lot of noise, but got a shock when they saw Seungho sobbing.

“What’s…. wrong?” G.O asked.

“The baby….” Mir muttered.

“Our baby is fine, but this crybaby here is not.” I teased Seungho.

I realized he did not find it funny when he did not respond. The boys looked at me awkwardly. I told them where our baby girl was so they could go have a look at her.

 “Stop crying already, hmm?” I wiped his tears and at the same time took a closer look at the masterpiece I did to his face. I wrapped my blanket around him seeing the one that he had covering him was so thin.

“Will the stylists be able to cover these up? You look like you wrestled with a tiger.” I said, touching the fresh scratches on his face.

“You’re the tiger.” He pouted.

“Yea, yea. I’m the tiger. Rawr~” I humored him.

“Like a big baby~” I circled my arms around him, letting him lean against my chest.

“Where’s Minki?” I asked when I realized the girl was not here.

“Our baby girl must have scared her bad. She was crying in her sleep so Junhyung and Haneul took her out for a walk to hush her to sleep.” He said.

“Ahh~ They came?” I asked.

“HYUNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” The door burst opened, revealing the boys again.

“YOUR GIRL IS SO CUTE!!!!! CAN I BITE HER!?” Mir squealed.

“Can I punch you?” Seungho asked coldly.

“Don’t be so mean.” I poked him.

“What happened to your head?” G.O asked.

“I banged… into a lamppost.” He said awkwardly.

Their eyes widened.

“You got into an accident!?” Joon yelled.

“No. I did not. I was running and I did not see the lamppost.” Seungho explained.

“Didn’t you drive? You ran?” Cheondong asked.

“There was a huge jam.” He muttered.

“So where’s the car now?” I asked.

He looked at me, confused, as though he had no idea what I was saying.

“Oh no! Where’s the car!?” He looked at me in shock.

“Never mind. We’ll find it.” I laughed.

“You’re up~” Haneul said as she came in.

“We saw your girl. Very cute.” She said as she sat down beside me.

“And we heard about hyung from the nurses too. Hyung, you’re really all-rounded eh?” Junhyung said as he rocked Minki in his arms gently.

Seungho blushed shyly after hearing compliments for his actions.

“Why don’t you put her down?” I asked Junhyung.

“She wouldn’t let me.” He said, showing me Minki’s tight fists on the neck of his shirt.

“Sorry.” I apologized.

“It’s fine. Junhyung love the fact that kids are sticking to him and not running away.” Haneul said.

“Yea, yea.” Junhyung grinned and nodded.

“I heard about how she was like Minki, bluish purple and not crying. You must have been damn scared huh?” Haneul said, holding my hand tightly.

I took a quick glance at Seungho, afraid he would burst into tears again. I tried to get Haneul to stop talking about it but she did not seem to see my cue until Seungho started sobbing softly again.

“Thanks, Haneul.” I muttered as I pulled Seungho into my embrace.

“What did I do?” Haneul asked, looking cutely confused.

“Never mind.” I laughed seeing her face.

“Junroro, what did I do?” She pouted at Junhyung who seemed as shocked as she was.

The boys tried to humor Seungho by getting him to go see his girl, leaving Haneul and I alone in the room.

“It’s a sensitive topic for him.” I explained.

“Ahhh~” She responded.

“He was crying so much when our girl did not respond. He kept blaming himself for being slow and late and all. He just stopped crying not too long before you guys came in.” I said.

“I see. I’m sorry, I didn’t know.” She said.

“It’s fine.” I smiled.

“I never knew Seungho had so much tears though.” She chuckled.

“Honestly, neither do I. But I guess I forced the tears out of him during this period of time.” I said, remembering how sad he looked each time I haul insults at him.

“Time to make up for it.” She said.

“Of course. How’s Seol Chan? You should be at home resting. Why are you here?” I asked.

“To see you! And I’ve rested enough.” She smiled.

“So Junhyung is taking the night shift?” I asked.

“And the day too.” She chuckled.

“Aigoo~ What a big bully.” I teased.

“Like as if you would not do that!” She laughed.

That is true. Like as if I was not planning on making Seungho take care of the baby full shift.

“Can I see our baby girl now?” I asked for the umpteen time after they left.

Seungho was hogging onto our girl, not wanting to let go of her.

“Okay, okay.” He said finally, putting her in my arms.

She was awake and kicking although babies like her should be asleep.

“What should we name her?” Seungho asked as he humored the girl.

“I don’t know. What do you like?” I asked.

“I was thinking of… Seul Ki.” He said.

“Yang Seul Ki. Sounds good. Okay.” I smiled.

“That’s fast.” He said, looking at me.

“I trust her father’s choice.” I winked at him.

“Seul Ki ah~ My angel~” He said to her.

She let out a small smile, but big enough to send Seungho going crazy.

“Deedee~” Minki called out as she woke up.

“My big baby, come here~” He said, opening his arms for her to jump in.

“Baby~” She called out, looking at Seul Ki.

“She’s Seul Ki. Your dongsaeng. You’re an unnie now, sweetheart.” I said.

“Unnie annyeong!” She grinned.

Seungho and I burst into laughter.

“You’re the unnie, Minki ah~” Seungho said.

“No, no, no! Minki is baby!!” She insisted.

“Alright, alright. Our baby~” Seungho said, shaking his head, but smiling widely.

We watch Seul Ki chuckle as Minki poked her. Minki seemed to know that Seul Ki is still very soft therefore she was playing with her gently.

“I think she’ll make a good sister.” Seungho said as he played with Minki’s hair.

“That is if she finally realizes she is the unnie.” I said.

“MINKI IS BABY!!!” Minki said loudly, startling both Seungho and I.

We could only laugh at her outburst.

Yang Minki, Yang Seul Ki, both our babies, but the biggest baby of all is none other than Yang Seungho.

***
tumblrmkmj4f85so1r41tro.gifWhen Seul Ki is finally born

tumblrmimb9nhpty1r90h8l.gifWhen Seul Ki did not cry 

tumblrmc4ybpvxaf1rtc2yj.gifWhen they complimented Seungho for his actions

tumblrmbdlnuk5da1rrxzru.gifMinki: MINKI IS BABY!!!