Wise husbands

Shared Responsibilities (Closing story to I'm Different, Crazy and Our World)

Junhyung’s POV

Seol Chan and Seul Ki are just a week apart therefore we decided to hold the baby shower together. We booked a resort at the outskirts of Seoul so we could get some time away from the busy city for some peace and fresh air.

“Where are the mothers of the babies?” Doojoon asked, eating the cucumber I was cutting.

“They are somewhere upstairs, and could you stop eating!?” I snapped at him.

“Why? Aren’t these for eating?” He asked.

“They are, but you’re finishing it!” I yelled.

“Oh, sorry.” He said, eating the carrots instead. If murdering someone was not illegal~

“Hyungggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!” J screamed.

“WHAT!?” I yelled back, frustrated that they could not let me just cut these vegetables up in peace.

“I think Seol Chanie is pooping!” He yelled.

“Excellent! Change his diapers for me then!” I said.

“I don’t know how!” He shouted.

“YOU HAD A SON!!!” I yelled, but regretted instantly.

“Stop eating! Cut it for me.” I said, shoving the knife to Doojoon.

“I… I’m sorry.” I apologized to J.

“It’s fine.” He smiled as he cleaned Seol Chan on my behalf.

“I’ll do it.” I said.

“Nope, I’m good.” He said.

“I really did not mean to say what I said.” I said.

“I get it, hyung. It’s fine. Slip of tongue, it happens to me all the time.” He smiled.

I smiled awkwardly, knowing that I hurt him despite his smiling assurance.

“Appa!! He bullied me.” Ji Eun complained, pointing at Shin.

“He bullied you? What did he do?” I asked.

“He bullied me.” She said again.

“Yah! You!! How dare you! Come here!” Shin said, giving chase to Ji Eun.

“Don’t make her scream so much!” I yelled as I watch them run.

“Seol Chanie~ Why are you so cute?” J played with the boy after he was done with the diaper changing.

“Minki, what’s wrong with you?” Seungho hyung asked as Minki kept clinging onto his leg.

“Deedee~” She grinned.

“Ahh so cute~ But could you let Deedee go? I need to feed Seul Ki.” Seungho hyung said.

“OUCH!!” He yelled when Minki bit him on his leg.

“Deedee don’t love Minki!” She pouted and stormed off, forcing her way into G.O’s arms.

“Minki ah~” Seungho hyung called out, looking obviously sad at his daughter’s anger.

“Why not I feed Seul Ki and you go humor her?” I offered.

“Thanks.” He smiled as he handed Seul Ki to me.

“Hey, princess~” I cooed as I prepared her milk.

I prepared Seol Chan’s share as well since it was almost time for him to drink as well.

“J, could you bring Seol Chan here?” I asked.

I put the two babies in front of me and admired their cuteness as I fed them. I yelped when I felt a sudden weight on my back. Tae Hyun grinned and snuggled his face into my neck.

“What are you doing, Appa?” He asked the obvious.

“Just painting a picture.” I .

He laughed and clung onto my back tighter.

“What’s with you being a little monkey?” I asked.

“Nothing~ Appa’s back is so warm~” He said, resting his cheek on my back.

“Really? Then my back is for you.” I said.

“I don’t want your back.” He said.

“You don’t?” I asked, pretending to be upset.

“I want Appa as a whole~” He grinned, hugging my neck.

“Arghhh you’re strangling me.” I choked out.

“Sorry, Appa~” He chuckled, kissing me on my cheek.

“Go and play with your Ahjusshis~” I urged him.

“Nooooo~ I want to stick to Appa~” He said.

“Aigoo~ What do I do with you being so lovely?” I laughed.

I let him cling on my back while I fed the babies. After I was done, I called for Seungho hyung to come burp his Seul Ki since I could not help both of them do it at the same time.

We were in the midst of burping them when our phones rang at the same time.

“Tae Hyunie, would you be a sweetheart and get us our phones?” Seungho hyung asked.

Tae Hyun jumped off my back and ran over to grab both our phones. Mine was a text message from the bank, informing me that I just spent a total of 1.5 million won on my credit card. My eyes widened at the huge amount.

“What’s wrong?” Seungho hyung asked, looking as shocked as I am.

I showed him the message, and he showed me his. He had received an identical message.

“What… is this?” I asked.

“UMMA!!!!!!!!!!!” Tae Hyun yelled and ran towards Haneul who was walking down with Minji.

They were both dressed in a simple tee and shorts but looked extremely good.

“Umma!! Deedee don’t love Minki!” Minki pouted as she jumped into Minji’s embrace.

“How is that possible, hmm?” Minji said, giving Minki a kiss as she walked towards us.

“They’ve had milk?” She asked.

Both Seungho hyung and I nodded, still in shock.

“Erm… Lionny…” I called out, trying to stay calm.

“Yea?” She asked, sitting down beside me with Tae Hyun lying on her lap.

“Did you… buy something online… or… what? Like a… branded bag… or..” I muttered.

“I did buy something using your card.” Haneul said.

“You too?” Seungho hyung asked Minji.

Minji smiled and nodded. Well, at least it was not some scam. But the looks on their face told us it was more than just something bought.

“What… did you both buy?” I asked.

“An air ticket.” The both of them said in unison.

I almost yelled out, but Seungho hyung grabbed my hand in time to calm me down.

“To…. Where?” He asked, controlling his expression.

“Just to Taiwan and Bangkok.” Minji smiled.

“Ahhhh~ When?” He asked.

“Next week.” Haneul said as if it did not mattered.

“How long?” I asked.

“Just three weeks.” She grinned.

“JUST THREE WEEKS!?” Seungho hyung and I yelled together.

“Yah! How about the kids!?” I asked.

“What is the father for?” Haneul asked.

“You said I could go anywhere I wanted.” Minji pouted at Seungho hyung, knowing very well Seungho hyung’s weak spot.

Seungho hyung and I stared at each other in shock while the two girls just skipped away as if they did not just inform us that they would be going on a three-week vacation in a week’s time. But as wise husbands, we learn to keep our mouths shut.

“What the…” I muttered.

And then I felt something warm on my shoulder.

“Seol Chan ah! Even you are bullying me!?” I asked the baby. He had vomited all over my shoulder just after his mother gave me a shock of my life.

All he did was giggle and vomited more on my chest. Yes, yes, just giggle and you will win. 

***
tumblrmkec6gj84j1qgy82w.gifJ: I get it, hyung. It’s fine. Slip of tongue, it happens to me all the time.

tumblrmk2oj48vxl1qcs068.gifJunhyung: What… did you both buy?

tumblrmiybt53lqz1qm375o.gifMinji: You said I could go anywhere I wanted.