Jealousy

Shared Responsibilities (Closing story to I'm Different, Crazy and Our World)

6 months

Junhyung’s POV

My eyes widened when I walk into our bedroom, seeing Haneul at the dressing table.

“What?” She asked, looking at me through the mirror.

“Your top is erm… very… sheer. I wonder if you realize.” I said.

“I do.” She smiled as she continue to put BB cream on her face.

“Do you not think it is necessary to wear something inside then? Like a tube top or whatever.” I said.

“No.” She said.

“But I think… it is necessary.” I said softly.

I did not dare to demand anything of her. Her mood swings are horrible and I did not want to risk offending her again.

She put the tube of cream down and turned to look at me.

“I mean… I can see your bra.” I muttered.

“Really?” She asked, looking down.

“Not the front. The back.” I said.

“Who looks at the back?” She said.

“People walking behind you.” I said.

She pulled her top forward and looked inside.

“What are you doing!?” My eyes widened.

“I’m wearing a nice bra today.” She grinned.

“I’m going to faint~” I muttered.

“Then don’t look.” She said.

“Lionny, wear something inside please.” I pleaded.

She smiled at me and walked out of the room.

“HANEUL!” I yelled, feeling frustrated at her rebellious attitude.

“WHAT!?” She shouted back.

“Please just…” I muttered.

“No! It’s freaking hot outside. I’m not going to put on another top inside, and besides, who is going to look at me when I look like a freaking whale!?” She pointed at her protruding belly.

“You cannot simply do as I say, can you?” I asked.

“I would do as you say if what you say makes sense. Do I ask you to put on another singlet inside? I don’t, do I?” She retorted.

“I don’t wear tops that are this sheer!” I yelled back.

“Then wear it and see if I would stop you.” She said.

“Even if you do not respect me, you should at least respect yourself, no? What is with going out with a top like that and letting everyone look at you?” I asked.

“I said, no freaking soul would look at me when I am looking like that!” She yelled into my face.

“JUST PUT ON THE ING TUBE TOP INSIDE OR YOU DON’T GO OUT AT ALL!” I shouted back at her.

“Stop me if you can.” She smirked and headed downstairs.

I followed behind her. She got into the car and locked the door, preventing me from entering. I stood in front of the car, arms crossed. She slammed the horn, but I ignored her.

“Move or I’ll knock you over!” She shouted.

“I’m not moving, but you can knock me over.” I said.

“If that is how you want to solve this, then knock me over.” I said again.

“Yong Junhyung.” She hissed.

“Don’t you know that pregnant women look the iest? Wearing something like that would attract everyone single person’s attention and I don’t like it. You are mine and mine only. I told you I am very selfish when it comes to you. I don’t like sharing. You can walk around at home, I don’t mind, but wearing a sheer top out to showcase your bra and back, no way am I going to allow it to happen.” I said.

“You’re tired of living?” She asked.

“I’m not, but if I could prevent you from the eyes and claws of those ogling men by sacrificing my life, I’ll do it.” I said.

She got out of the car.

“You really think this is y?” She asked, pouting at her belly.

“Gosh~ You have no idea how difficult it is for me to fall asleep every night with you sleeping beside me. So damn y~” I said, putting my hands on her belly.

She laughed and kissed me on my cheek.

“Have you lost your mind? Over a sheer top you want to lose your life? You know I might just knock you over. I’m not being myself.” She said.

I shrugged my shoulders.

I sat on the bed looking at her pick out her clothes.

“Okay, this.” She said, showing me a spaghetti strap top.

“WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE WHEN THIS IS SHEER TOO!?” I yelled.

She burst into laughter.

“Just kidding!” She grinned.

Seungho’s POV

“I’m home!” I announced as soon as I stepped into the house.

“Deedee!!” Minki crashed her body against my legs.

“How have you been, little monster?” I asked, picking her up with one arm.

“I am a good girl!!!!!!!!” She chuckled.

“Ahh really?” I laughed, kissing her on her cheek.

“Where is your Umma?” I asked.

She shrugged her shoulders.

“Go play~” I said, letting her down.

“Minji~” I called out as I headed upstairs.

I saw the door of her art room slightly open. I knocked on the door once before peeking my head in.

“Minji, I’m home.” I said.

“Mmm~” She responded, back facing me as she busied herself with the painting.

“Have my baby been good today?” I asked, sitting on the floor next to her, caressing her belly.

“Don’t touch me.” She said coldly, smacking my hand away.

“Wh… why? What did I do?” I asked, surprised by her cold actions.

She rolled her eyes at me, and then continued to concentrate on her art piece.

“Minji~” I called out, holding onto her hand.

“I said not to touch me!” She yelled, splashing the cup of dirty water onto my face.

“Thanks.” I muttered, wiping the dripping water off.

“I told you not to touch me.” She said.

“Yea, yea. It’s my fault.” I said, getting up and leaving the room.

Minki was standing outside the room, hugging her teddy bear, looking at me with a pout on her face. She pulled me down to her level. She wiped off the water on my face using her palms. I had to bite down on my lip to prevent myself from crying in front of my daughter.

“Deedee~” She called out, and then hugged onto me tightly.

“I’m okay, sweetheart. I’m fine.” I muttered, hugging her.

She smiled at me and kissed me on my cheek.

“I’ll go shower, okay?” I said, leaving her on our bed to play.

I was showering when I heard a loud thud, followed by her loud cries. I rinse off the shampoo on my hair as quickly as possible and rushed out of the toilet with a towel over my lower body.

Minji came rushing into the room as well. Minki was on the floor, crying her eyes out.

“What happened? Did you fall off the bed?” I asked, picking her up but Minji shoved me away.

“How could you just leave her on the bed!? Do you have any idea how high this bed is and how small she is!?” She shouted at me while trying to hush Minki.

My heart ached when I saw a cut on Minki’s forehead.

“I didn’t mean for this to happen. We’ve left her on the bed several times and she never once fell.” I reasoned.

“Why don’t you just admit that you’re being inattentive?” She said.

“How could you say that?” I asked, feeling so terrible at her statement.

“Why not? All you have in your head now is dance and nothing else.” She said, pushing pass me, carrying Minki downstairs.

“Is this what it is about?! You’re unhappy that I am dancing? But this is my job!” I followed behind her.

“Shut up, Seungho. Your voice annoys me.” She said as she dressed Minki’s wound.

“I guess not only my voice annoys you, my presence irks you too. Should I leave? So you would be happier?” I asked.

She turned to look at me.

“I’m trying my best to be understanding and to please you, but if you really cannot stand the sight of me, just let me know. I can leave until you feel that it is good for me to come back. I don’t wish to affect you or the baby. Do you really hate me a lot?” I asked.

She nodded.

I forced a smile at her.

“Alright.” I muttered as I headed upstairs.

I packed a few of my clothes and other necessary items. She stared at me as I walked passed her with my bag.

“Call me if you need anything. Whatever you feel like eating, I’ll be very glad to buy it for you regardless of what time it is.” I said, my back facing her.

“Deedee~” Minki called out, looking at me sadly.

She tugged onto my bag, as though wanting to snatch it back from me.

“Sorry, sweetheart. Did it hurt a lot? I’m so sorry. It’s my fault you got hurt.” I said, kissing her wound.

“Deedee, where you going?” She asked.

“It’s ‘where are you going’. I’m not going far, but Minki be a good girl and listen to Umma, okay? Deedee loves you.” I kissed her on her cheek.

“No, no, no…” She whined, tugging onto my hand.

“Be a good girl.” I said, wiggling my hand out of her grip without hurting her.

“Take care, Minji. I love you.” I muttered before leaving the house.

I could hear Minki scream and cry. I squat outside our house, crying into my palms. I never knew being hated by someone you love so dearly could hurt so much. I had no idea how long I was outside, but I must have fallen asleep because I felt someone shake me. I opened my eyes to find Minji looking at me, holding an umbrella. It had started raining and I totally had no idea.

“Come in, you’re drenched.” She said, pulling me up.

Indeed, I was soaked from head to toe. How is it that I did not wake up? She wrapped a towel over me and rubbed my arms to warm me up.

“How could you still be sleeping in the rain?” She asked.

“I… I don’t know.” I muttered.

“Wait here, I’ll go prepare the water for you.” She said.

“It’s fine. I should be leaving.” I said.

“You really want to leave?” She asked, arms crossed.

“I don’t.” I said.

“But you don’t like the sight of me, and I don’t want to anger you further.” I continued.

She sighed and cupped my cheeks.

“That was devil Minji.” She said, pulling me into her embrace.

I started crying like a baby. She smoothed my back and hushed me, but I could not seem to stop crying.

“Please don’t hate me.” I pleaded.

“I love you so much.” She said.

“Then why do you hate me?” I asked.

“Stop crying already.” She said, wiping off my tears.

“I don’t hate you. I just… My tolerance for many things have became so damn low ever since I got pregnant. I’m sorry that you have to endure all my nonsense.” She said.

I said nothing and went to shower.

“Are you hungry?” She asked when I came out from the shower.

I shook my head.

“Sure? I could cook you something.” She said.

“It’s fine.” I muttered.

“Alright then. If you’re hungry, let me know. Do you want to sleep?” She asked.

I nodded.

She held onto my hand and led me to bed. She tucked me in before joining in beside me. She kissed me on my forehead and smiled at me before turning the lights off. I caressed her belly gently.

“Sorry I insulted your job just now.” She said suddenly.

“It’s fine.” I said.

“I really like it when you dance, you know. You have no idea how handsome you are.” She said.

“Actually, I do.” I said.

She laughed and smacked my arm.

“But I just don’t like it when you dance with someone else.” She said, sounding a little jealous.

“Is this what it is about? You don’t like me in Dancing with the Stars?” I asked.

She said nothing, but it was an obvious answer.

“It’s free dance lesson, you know. After I learn the skills, I’ll teach you and then we’ll dance together.” I said.

“With this balloon?” She asked, poking her belly.

“What balloon? It’s our baby.” I said, kissing her belly.

“But it makes me look so damn ugly.” She said.

“Ugly? Who told you that you’re ugly? I’ll have to buy the person a mirror.” I said.

She chuckled and snuggled closer to me.

“You have no idea how y you are, darling.” I said.

“Really? Am I ier than your dance teacher?” She asked.

“Ahhh~ So this is what you really want to know?” I .

“Am I or not!?” She punched my ribcage.

“Of course you are!” I choked out.

 “Please don’t tell me this is why you were so angry just now.” I said.

“How can I not be upset when you looked so happy with that girl?” She asked.

“Darling, we are in a competition. Would we win if we are both sulking?” I asked.

“Then don’t win.” She said.

“EH!?” I the lights, looking at her.

“Oh I forgot. You have the need to win.” She said cheekily.

I glared at her.

“Okay, okay! I get it! It’s a competition. I am being jealous. Alright?” She said as she turned off the lights.

“But why were you outside? Were you planning on staying outside?” She asked.

“No. I couldn’t seem to leave hearing Minki cry, and then I fell asleep crying myself.” I said.

“Awww~ But where were you planning to go? Haneul’s place?” She asked.

“No. How many times do I have to go there? I was planning on sleeping in the car or the studio.” I said.

“Studio? Why the studio? So you could be with her?” She asked.

“Enough, Minji. You know it’s not.” I said.

“Is my Lucky angry?” She asked, poking my stomach.

“No.” I muttered.

“Alright, alright. It’s work. I know. I wouldn’t interfere anymore.”  She said.

“But were you really jealous?” I asked.

“Of course! Both of you were so close to each other? Can’t you dance further apart?” She asked.

I laughed at her outburst.

“What so funny?” She asked.

“Nothing. I just feel that I should be glad that you’re jealous. If you don’t bother, then something is wrong.” I said.

“So I can continue to be jealous?” She asked.

“Be my guest, but don’t hate me, please?” I said.

“Okay. I’ll just hate her.” She kissed me on my cheek.

“Minji~” I called out after awhile.

“Hmmm?” She responded sleepily.

“Can I say something?” I asked.

“What? Are you going to confess that you are in love with her? Aye, I can see it in your eyes.” She muttered.

“I’m hungry.” I said.

“What?” She asked.

“I’m hungry.” I repeated myself.

She the lights and glared at me.

“YOU SAID YOU WEREN’T HUNGRY JUST NOW!” She slapped me on my stomach.

“And you said I could let you know when I am.” I pouted.

“What do you want to eat!?” She shouted.

“Erm….. Can you make me kimchi stew?” I asked.

“Who is the pregnant one now? You or me?” She grumbled as she got out of bed.

“You’re pregnant. I’m fat.” I said, following behind her.

“Why are you following behind me!? Are you a puppy?” She glared.

“No. I’m a panpy~ Your panpy~” I said, hugging her from behind.

“Go away~” She said with a hint of happiness in her voice. 

***
tumblrm1wclk17xw1r4p861.gifHaneul: I said, no freaking soul would look at me when I am looking like that!

tumblrm9b7nk22cf1rrxzru.gifMinji: Shut up, Seungho. Your voice annoys me.

tumblrmczm3jdlrr1rrxzru.gifSeungho: I’m hungry.