Under whose command?

Shared Responsibilities (Closing story to I'm Different, Crazy and Our World)

Junhyung’s POV

I turned to Seol Chan and Seul Ki who were both awake and staring at me.

“Tonight, the both of you will be under my command! RAWR!!!!” I made hand gestures at them.

I realized I was just amusing myself when they continued to stare blankly at me.

“It’s not scary? Okay~” I pouted.

“Let’s go downstairs and play, shall we?” I said as I scooped the both of them up in my arms and headed downstairs.

I heard yelling as I walked down. My eyes widened when I saw Ji Eun and Tae Hyun fighting, literally.

“YAH!!!” I shouted as I hurried to put the babies down in their playpen.

“Stop it! Both of you! Yah!” I yelled, pulling them apart.

“What’s wrong!?” I asked, pushing them away from each other.

“I TOLD YOU NOT TO ANNOY ME! WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU!?” Ji Eun yelled at Tae Hyun.

She successfully broke free from my grip and gave Tae Hyun a kick in his chest. Why does this action remind me of Haneul?

“YONG JI EUN! How dare you kick your brother in my presence!?” I got angry and shouted at her.

“HE ANNOYED ME FIRST!!! IT WAS HIM!! I SAID TO STOP!!!” She yelled back, stomping her feet, glaring at me as angry tears flowed down her cheeks.

I turned to Tae Hyun who looked down guiltily.

“Tell me what happened.” I said, arms crossed.

“I was just trying to play with her.” Tae Hyun mumbled.

“I DON’T WANT TO PLAY!!!!” Ji Eun screamed.

“One more time you raise your voice, Ji Eun, I’m going to have to punish you.” I said.

“PUNISH ME THEN!!!!” She yelled into my face and ran upstairs.

“YONG JI EUN!!!!” I shouted, but she ignored me.

Yongie ran after her, but I heard him whimpering when she slammed the door shut. She must have left him outside. Poor doggy~

I sighed and turned back to Tae Hyun.

“What happened?” I asked.

“I said I was trying to play with her.” He said.

“How were you trying to play with her?” I asked.

“I… I just…” He muttered.

“Say it, Tae Hyun. If you did it, then admit it.” I said.

“I pulled down her ponytail.” He said.

I knew it. Boys his age~

“And just how many times did you do it?” I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders.

“Listen, I want you to go up there and apologize to your sister. I don’t care what method you use but I want both of you down for dinner in an hour’s time. Seungho ahjusshi and Minki wouldn’t be back today so it’s just me and the four of you. Appa is tired, so please do me a favour by being good, okay?” I said.

He said nothing, except stare at his feet.

“I know you have amazing looking feet but I need an answer from you.” I said.

“Yea~” He grumbled.

“I don’t think ‘yea’ is an appropriate answer seeing the fact you’re talking to someone who is much older than you.” I said.

“Yes, Appa.” He said, although sounding a little unwilling.

“That’s my boy. Now, go~” I said, smacking his bum lightly.

“Don’t do that!” He said, obviously annoyed.

“Then don’t annoy your sister.” I said.

“Can I join your conversation?” I leaned against the playpen, watching the two babies communicate in a language only they understood.

“Can I have some attention too?” I asked when they ignored me totally.

“Hello~ Excuse me~ Seol Chan ah~ Seul Ki ah~ Annyeong~” I said.

“Really going to ignore me like that? Excellent! No milk for both of you!” I said.

They let out a loud cry, startling me.

“OKAY, OKAY! I’LL GIVE YOU THE MILK!” I said hurriedly.

“You are supposed to be under my command, not the other way round.” I grumbled as I headed to the kitchen to prepare dinner.

Thankfully, Seungho hyung had already pre-prepared what was for dinner, all I had to do was to make sure I cook it well enough to be fed to the kids.

After I was done cooking, I called for them to come down. Ji Eun was still looking angry while Tae Hyun had the ‘I really tried’ look on his face.

“Let’s eat, shall we?” I said, trying to lighten the mood.

It was obviously not helping because none of them gave me any response. Is today ‘ignore Junhyung’ day or what? We ate in silence, but I appreciated it as I knew it would not last long. As I was eating, I felt Yongie bite the leg of my jeans, tugging onto me.

“What is it?” I asked, looking at him.

He whimpered softly and continued head-butting my leg.

“What? What?” I asked, confused.

He ran off and came back with his bowl.

“OH! YOUR DINNER! I’M SORRY!” I apologized quickly as I hurried to go fix his dinner for him.

“I’ll give you a little more today since I was forgetful. Sorry~ Eat well.” I pat his head before returning to the dining table.

“I’m done.” Ji Eun muttered as she brought her plate to the sink.

“You’re done? But you barely ate.” I said.

“I’m full.” She said.

“Ji Eun ah~” I called out.

“What?” She asked, still looking upset.

“Tae Hyun apologized, didn’t he?” I asked.

“So?” She answered.

“Let it go, darling.” I said.

“I’m not angry.” She said.

“But your looks tell otherwise.” I said.

“I’m really not!” She raised her voice.

“And stop raising your voice at me. If I upset you in any way, I would appreciate it if you told me nicely.” I said.

She looked away, not saying anything.

“Did something happen in school? Why is my girl in such a bad mood?” I asked, going to her.

“Nothing.” She muttered.

“Ji Eun ah~” I said, hugging her.

She pushed me away and started crying, which honestly shocked me.

“I want Umma!!!” She started sobbing.

“What’s wrong, hmm?” I asked, pulling her into my embrace again.

She punched my chest as she cried, but sank into my embrace soon.

“Eat up.” I told Tae Hyun, who looked equally shocked.

I carried Ji Eun back to her room and put her on her bed. She had stopped crying, but was still sniffing.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, drying her tears.

“I don’t like it when boys tease me.” She said with a pout as she tugged onto my shirt.

“Did boys tease you in school?” I asked.

She said nothing, looking away.

“Perhaps they just want to play with you?” I asked.

“YOU’LL SIDE THEM OF COURSE! YOU’RE A BOY TOO!!!” She pushed me away.

“But I’m your Appa, of course I’ll be on your side.” I said, going back to her.

“NO! NO! NO!! I want Umma!!!” She started sobbing again.

“Darling, but Appa will always be on your side. You’re my little princess, remember?” I said as I let her cry in my embrace.

“Boys at your age are annoying. I know that. Appa’s been through that age too and I annoy the hell out of people. But we do it not because we dislike you or anything of that sort. We really just want to play with you. Come to think of it, it’s a wrong method of getting others to play with us. If you don’t like what they are doing, then tell them nicely that you don’t like it. If they don’t stop, then… use aegyo. Girls have this privilege in them to use aegyo and they’ll win three-quarter of the battle already.” I said.

She looked up at me, not saying anything.

“Omo~ Omo~ You’re killing Appa with those eyes of yours~” I said, pretending to fall onto the floor.

She laughed and pulled me up.

“Smiling already?” I asked, wiping her tears.

“Know what your charm is and use it as your weapon. But use it appropriately, don’t overdo it.” I said.

She nodded.

“Don’t be upset, alright? If all things don’t work, then it’s okay too because you’ll always have Appa.” I said.

She snuggled into my chest and hugged my waist tightly. I played with her like how I would play with the babies to humor her. Sometimes, girls just need to be baby-ed.

“Aigoo~ My baby Ji Eunnie is so cute~ Angh~” I pretended to claw her, earning laughter from her.

“I’m not a baby.” She tried to hide her smile by pouting.

“What? You’ll always be Appa’s baby girl. Angh!” I said.

She pinched my cheeks and kissed me on my lips.

“Ice cream for my baby girl?” I asked.

She nodded excitedly.

“Let’s go~” I said.

“Piggyback!” She jumped onto my back, not giving me a chance to refuse. Then again, how could I refuse her?

“Anything for my princess.” I said as I piggybacked her downstairs.

Tae Hyun was already done with dinner. He bit his lower lip when he saw Ji Eun. I put Ji Eun down on the seat before going to get them ice cream.

“Scoop them on your own. Not too much eh~” I said as I put five tubs of different flavours in front of them and handed them bowls and spoons.

I know that by doing this is like opening paradise to them, but tonight would be an exception. They neglected the bowls and ate straight from the tub. I continued my dinner as I watch them feed each other.

I was not even almost done with dinner when the babies started wailing at the same time. I took a glance at the clock and sighed. Milk time. I prepared their milk and carried them out of their playpen.

“Alright, alright. Shhh~ Milk is here.” I said as I tried to feed them.

Seul Ki drank well but Seol Chan could not stop pushing the bottle away and crying his lungs out. I could only hush him by patting him since I could not leave Seul Ki to be. After Seul Ki was done with her milk, I picked Seol Chan up and cradled him in my arms, trying to feed him again.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

He drank a little, and then started his crying all over again.

“Why are you crying so hard?” I asked although I knew I would not get any answer except more crying.

He cried so much he vomited whatever milk he drank all over me.

“Are you sick? Hmm?” I felt his forehead but he felt okay.

He would not let me put him down to change so all I could do was take off my shirt.

“Ji Eun, Tae Hyun, don’t finish all the ice cream please.” I said when I realized I had left them to eat without supervision.

The both of them had the same guilty look on their face.

“Okay, whatever. Go wash your hands and mouth, and then go do your homework.” I said.

Seol Chan finally quiet down, but he started screaming when I tried to put him down. I ended up having to carry him while I continued my dinner but he kept wiggling in my arms.

“You’re not going to let Appa eat?” I asked.

“But Appa is hungry.” I said.

He dug his nails into my neck.

“Owwww~ Okay, okay~ Someone need to cut your nails.” I said as I stood up and walked him around the house.

I put him down when he finally fell asleep. Seul Ki had already fallen asleep on her own. I gobbled down my cold dinner, in fear that one of them might wake up and start crying again. I laughed to myself as I stare at the five empty ice cream tubs.

“Your Umma is going to kill me~” I muttered to myself as I cleared it away.

“Are the both of you done with homework?” I asked Ji Eun and Tae Hyun when I entered their study.

They were not doing their work but instead doodling on paper.

“I said, homework.” I said.

“There isn’t any.” Tae Hyun said.

“No homework today?” I asked.

They both shook their head.

“Then why didn’t you say anything?” I asked.

They giggled and shrugged their shoulders.

“Go shower and do whatever you want until its bed time then.” I said.

They ran out of the room before I could say anymore. I took a quick shower as well and headed to where the babies were sleeping to do my work.

I had no idea how long had passed but when I looked at the time again, it was 1.30AM. I jumped out of the seat and ran downstairs as I remembered that I had not asked Ji Eun and Tae Hyun to go to bed. It was way past their bedtime and I could still hear the television on.

“Ahh~ Thankfully~” I muttered to myself when I saw them both asleep.

I turned off the television and carried them to their bed. I groaned as I sprawled out on the rocking chair in the babies’ room. I was so sleepy and hungry. I drifted off into sleep even before I knew it, only to be awaken by their loud cries.

“Hur~~~ Can I cry too?” I rolled out of the chair and crawled to their cot to hush them.

“I’m going, I’m going~ Shhh~” I said as I prepared their milk.

I was half-asleep but was totally awoken when I scalded myself with the hot water. I had no time to bother about myself since the babies were wailing their lungs out. They kept me up the whole night by refusing to sleep even after milk. I had to hold the both of them in my arms and rocked them till they slept, but they did not sleep for long, therefore my sleep was cut short too. I had no idea if I even slept or was I just spacing out.

“Hyung~ Hyung~” I heard someone call my name.

I opened my eyes to find J and Shin staring at me.

“Why… why are you here?” I asked.

“Why are we here? You told us to come pick Ji Eun and Tae Hyun for school.” J said.

“Oh. Oh. Ya.” I muttered.

“Hyung, are you okay?” Shin asked.

“Am I okay? I.. I.. Ya…” I had no idea what I was saying.

“Hyung, you need to sleep.” J said as he and Shin took Seol Chan and Seul Ki from my arms.

“They.. they would cry.” I mumbled.

“No, they are asleep. You would be the one crying if you don’t sleep.” Shin said.

“I’ll… go make breakfast.” I muttered as I forced my aching body out of that rocking chair.

“Ughhhh~” I groaned when I banged into the wall instead.

“Aish~ I said that’s the wall, didn’t I?” J said.

“You did?” I asked.

“Hyung, get some rest. We’ll settle Tae Hyun and Ji Eun.” He said.

“Mmm~” I responded as I lied on the floor. I had no idea why I did that either.

“Hyungggggg, not here!!!” Shin whined.

“Yea~” I groaned as I drifted off into sleep.

I honestly did not think I slept long before Seul Ki’s loud cries dragged me out of my deep slumber.

“Hurrrrrrrrrrr~ Please stop~” I buried my face into my palms.

But of course, she did not stop.

“What’s wrong? Are you hungry?” I asked as I cradled her in my arms.

It was not time for her to drink yet. I took her outside, not wanting her cries to wake Seol Chan as well. I walked around the house trying to hush her, but she was determined on crying.

Seungho’s POV

I requested for Minki to be discharged earlier since I had a bad feeling about leaving Junhyung alone with two kids and two babies. Minki was energetic and jumping around despite her injured hand.

“Too much sugar for you last night? Why are you jumping so much?” I laughed when she danced around me.

“Hey, hey. Sweetheart, listen to Deedee say something.” I said, holding her.

She looked at me.

“There will be times where situations like yesterday happen again. But I hope this time, Minki would be understanding of Deedee’s position. Both Seul Ki and Minki are my babies and I love the both of you very, very much. While I want to give Seul Ki my attention, I want to give Minki my attention too, but there’s only one Deedee, am I right?” I asked.

She nodded.

“If I’m fierce to you, or if I don’t answer to your needs fast enough, please understand me. You can be angry at me and all, but give me a chance to make up to you, okay? If you happen to get hurt and I asked you to wait, that’s the time you should not wait. Make sure I see you and know that you’re injured. But don’t use injuries to get my attention, because it hurts me a lot to see my sweetheart in pain.” I said.

She smiled slightly.

“I know you’ve had three full years of my attention and asking you to share it with Seul Ki now is somewhat unfair to you, but… you love Seul Ki too, don’t you?” I asked.

She shrugged her shoulders.

“Say something.” I poked her cheek.

“Minki love Deedee~” She said, hugging me.

“I love you too.” I said, kissing her on her cheek.

“Nooooooo~ Deedee don’t love Minki!” She teased me.

“I said not to say that!” I pouted at her.

She was a laughing mess. How mean, this girl~

“What do you want for breakfast? Waffles?” I asked as we walked hand in hand back to the house.

“Is that Seul Ki crying?” I muttered when I heard loud cries from inside the house.

I hurried to punch in the codes, and like what I thought, it was Seul Ki crying her lungs out. But what surprised me even more was Junhyung. He cradled Seul Ki in his arms and was crying as well.

“Stop crying already.” He cried.

“Junhyung!” I called out, surprised by his tears.

“Hyunggggggggggggggg!!!” He cried loudly.

“What’s wrong with you?!” I asked.

“She wouldn’t stop crying, hyung. They wouldn’t stop crying!!! My head hurts! My hand hurts! My ear hurts! Everywhere hurts! Hyungggggg~” He sobbed.

“Shhh~ Shhh~ You’re tired. I’ll take over. Get some sleep.” I said as I took Seul Ki from his arms.

He sat on the sofa, still crying even after I took over hushing Seul Ki.

“Why are you bullying Junhyung ahjusshi, hmm?” I asked Seul Ki who was smiling at me.

“Sleep already. You made him cry. Naughty girl.” I said, poking her.

She refused to sleep, so I just put her down to let her play with herself. When I went back downstairs, my heart melted when I saw Minki patting Junhyung gently.

“Is he asleep?” I asked Minki.

She smiled and nodded.

“Such a sweet girl.” I kissed her cheek.

“Hyunggggggg~” Junhyung started sobbing in his sleep.

“Shhhhhh~ It’s fine, Junjun. Sleep already. I’m home.” I said to him.

“Hyung, they’re bullying me. How dare… they bully the… the Joker… Hur~~” He whined.

“You’re the Joker, but how can you let them bully you so easily~ Aish~” I laughed as I watch Junhyung sleep.

“When did you hurt your hand?” I asked his sleeping self when I realized a swollen red patch on his left hand. Did he scald himself?

I dabbed antiseptic cream on his wound before bandaging his hand for him. He must have had a rough night.

Minki climbed onto my lap and rested against my chest.

“Pat Minki~” She said.

“Yes, princess.” I said as I patted her.

“Deedee~” She called out.

“Hmm?” I responded, still patting her.

“Where is waffles?” She asked.

“Ahh~ Right. I forgot.” I said.

“Deedee don’t love Minki.” She pouted.

“What!? No!” I said.

She buried her face into my chest, giggling. Seems like she has found my weak spot and is set on using it on me.

“How dare you tease me like that?” I threw her into the air, earning laughter from her.

“Hurrrrrrrr~” Junhyung whimpered suddenly.

Minki and I stopped playing and stared at each other in shock.

“Shhhhh~” We said in unison as we crept to the kitchen to make waffles. 

***
tumblrmkxvijphms1qgqz9i.gifJunhyung: Aigoo~ My baby Ji Eunnie is so cute~ Angh~

2jg1n9h.gifJunhyung: She wouldn’t stop crying, hyung. They wouldn’t stop crying!!! My head hurts! My hand hurts! My ear hurts! Everywhere hurts! Hyungggggg~

ghostlyshsidebar.gifJunhyung: Hyung, they’re bullying me. How dare… they bully the… the Joker… Hur~~

mblaqseunghoshocked.gifMinki: Deedee don’t love Minki.