Cranky

Shared Responsibilities (Closing story to I'm Different, Crazy and Our World)

3 months

Junhyung’s POV

“Who is that?” I groaned as I sat up. I took a glance at the clock. It was 3AM.

Haneul was awoken by the doorbell too.

“Go back to sleep. I’ll go check.” I said, kissing her on her forehead.

“Let’s go together.” She said sleepily.

“Go back to sleep. Be a good girl.” I said, tucking her into bed.

“Be careful.” She said in a slur.

I put on my slippers and headed downstairs.

“Did the doorbell wake you up too?” I asked Yongie who was at the bottom of the stairs, wagging its tail at me.

“Go back to sleep. Daddy will get it.” I said, carrying the puppy back to its place.

The doorbell rang again.

“Coming.” I said.

“Why are you following me?” I asked Yongie when I saw him walking behind me.

I opened the door to find Seungho hyung dressed in a t-shirt and boxer, looking at me sadly.

“Hyung, what’s wrong? It’s 3AM.” I said.

“I got kicked out.” He said softly.

“Again?” I asked.

“Minji really hates me.” He said, sounding on the verge of tears.

“Come in.” I said, pulling him in.

Yongie was jumping around, greeting Seungho hyung a little too happily. This is the fifth time in two months that Minji kicked Seungho hyung out of the house, but this is the first time she did it at such an ungodly hour.

“Are you cold? I’ll go get you my sweatpants.” I said as I hurried upstairs.

“What are you doing? Who is that? Are you going somewhere?” Haneul asked.

“Oh. Why are you not asleep?” I asked.

She shrugged her shoulders.

“It’s Seungho hyung.” I said.

“Seungho? What happened?” She asked.

“Minji kicked him out.” I said.

“At this timing?” She asked.

“Yea. He looks so sad.” I said.

“Are you going somewhere?” She asked when I pulled out a pair of sweatpants from the wardrobe.

“No. It’s for Seungho hyung. He came in a t-shirt and boxer.” I said.

“Go back to sleep. I’ll look after him.” I said to her.

“It’s okay. Let’s go down.” She said.

When we went downstairs, we saw Seungho hyung patting Yongie’s head, staring blankly into space.

“Hyung~” I called out.

He looked up tiredly.

“Are you okay?” Haneul asked.

“Hi, Haneul. Sorry to wake you up.” He said.

“It’s fine. I’ll get you a drink.” She said.

“Don’t bother.” He muttered.

“At least put on the pants.” I said to him, handing him the pair of sweats.

“I should go.” He said.

“Where do you want to go at this timing? You want to sleep outside your house or sleep in the car?” I asked.

“I don’t know.” He said, burying his face into his palms.

“Stay here for tonight.” Haneul said.

“I’m sorry for always intruding into your privacy.” Seungho hyung said.

“Don’t be silly, hyung.” I said.

“I’ll go get the guest room ready for you.” Haneul said.

“Eh, Lionny~ I’ll do it. Go back to sleep.” I said.

“It’s fine. I can do it.” She said.

“Just go.” I said, caressing her baby bump.

“Okay then. Talk to him.” She whispered before kissing me on my cheek and then heading up.

I turned back to Seungho hyung who was looking at me with envious eyes.

“So, what happened this time?” I asked him as I sat down beside him.

Yongie jumped onto my lap, snuggling close to me. I smoothed his fur while waiting for Seungho hyung to talk.

“We had a slight argument. We were yelling at each other, forgetting about Minki’s presence. I tried to stop Minji from yelling when Minki started crying, and then she slapped me and shoved me out of the house.” He said.

“Argument over?” I asked.

“You really don’t want to know, Junnie. It’s super lame.” He said.

I looked at him.

“I forgot to put up the toilet seat while doing my business, and then I kind of dirtied it a little and forgot to clean it. She went into the toilet and came out yelling at me.” He said.

“Ahhh~” I responded, trying hard not to laugh.

“Just laugh.” He sighed.

“Hyung~ You should know better that it is pretty dirty.” I said.

“I forgot, Jun. I didn’t do it on purpose. When she yelled at me, I cleaned it immediately. But she went on and on about how gross I am. I mean, judging my life’s worth over a drop of pee? Seriously?” He said.

“Girls are sensitive over issues like that. Haneul doesn’t like it when I dirty the toilet seat too.” I said.

“But does she yell at you and call you mean names? No, right? I know I am at fault and all, but it isn’t necessary to argue over it. It’s not like I do it all the time. I’m tired and I really needed to pee at that point of time. I freaking forgot.” He said, sounding a little agitated.

“Calm down, calm down.” I said.

“I think she just hates me. Everything I do, she does not like it.” He said.

“It’s being pregnant that’s toying with her emotions. Minji doesn’t hate you.” I said.

“You don’t know, Jun. I can never seem to please Minji anymore. Every ing thing I do is an eyesore to her. She said it, my existence is an eyesore to her and that she wishes I would never appear in her face ever again.” I said.

“Did she say that?” I asked.

“She did, okay?” He said, tears watering in his eyes.

“Ahh hyung~” I put my arm over his shoulders, pulling him closer to me.

“I try my best to understand her because I know it’s tough on her being pregnant and all. But I’m human too. What’s with saying all these hurtful words to me? Do I not have feelings?” He started to cry.

I was surprised by his tears. All these time when he came over after getting kicked out by Minji, he would rant about it to me and then fall asleep. He would look sad but he never cried.

“What did I do wrong? Why does she hate me so much?” He cried.

I said nothing except held onto him while he cried.

“Sorry. I shouldn’t be acting this way.” He said after he had calm down.

“It’s okay, hyung. I rather you cry here than cry alone.” I said, wiping his tears.

He let out a small smile.

“Don’t be upset with Minji, hyung.” I said.

“How can I ever be upset with her? It’s her who is upset with me.” He said.

He did not seem like he could fall asleep any time sooner therefore we ended up playing on the Xbox until he fell asleep.

Haneul’s POV

When I woke up the next morning, Junhyung was not by my side. I went downstairs and saw him lifting Seungho’s head gently as he tried to get up.

“Omo~ You scared me.” He jumped when he turned and saw me behind him.

“Sorry. You didn’t sleep last night?” I asked, touching his tired face.

“I did, but for awhile. Shhh~ He just slept. I’ll go get him a blanket.” He said.

“Is he okay?” I asked, going upstairs with him.

“Yea, I guess. He cried, and then we played games until we fell asleep.” He said.

“He cried? It must be bad huh?” I asked.

“He is really very heartbroken this time.” He said, yawning.

“Go get some sleep. It’s still early.” I said.

“I need to send the kids to school.” He muttered.

“I’ll send the kids to school. You go to sleep.” I said.

“It’s okay.” He said tiredly.

“Come on, be good.” I said, pushing him to lie down on the bed.

He pulled me down and circled his arms around my waist.

“Hey, baby~” He talked to my belly.

I laughed as he put his ear against my belly and got a shock when the baby kicked.

“Baby kicked my face.” He said.

“But you like it, don’t you?” I asked.

“I sure do.” He smiled.

I watch as he continued talking to the baby, saying weird stuff and laughing to himself about it.

“Okay, it’s enough. Time to sleep.” I said.

“But I’m not done.” He whined.

“You can talk to the baby later.” I said, tucking him into bed.

“Don’t wake Seungho hyung.” He said.

“I wouldn’t. Sleep well.” I kissed him on his forehead before going to get Seungho a blanket.

When I got back down, Seungho was already awake, massaging his temples.

“You’re up?” I asked, surprised.

“Oh.. Yea..” He said in a husky voice.

“Go up to the guestroom to get some proper sleep.” I said.

“It’s fine. I got to go anyway.” He said.

“But you looked very tired.” I said.

“I’m good. Thanks for letting me stay over, Haneul.” He smiled.

“You know it’s impossible to not let you stay. How can we bear to let you sleep outside?” I said.

He chuckled slightly and headed for the door.

“You sure you don’t want to sleep a little more? Why not eat something?” I asked.

“It’s fine. Really. Thanks.” He said.

“Go make up with Minji. I’m sure she does not mean whatever she did or said to you.” I said.

“I know.” He muttered.

I watch him walk back to his house, but instead of going in, he just got into the car and drove off. Minji really hurt him badly this time, didn’t she?

I was alone at home with Yongie after Ji Eun and Tae Hyun went to school and Junhyung went to work.

“Come here, doggy~” I said, gesturing the puppy over.

He jumped onto my lap and started my palm.

“So cute~” I squashed its face.

“If Loki is here, he would love you so much, you know~” I said.

Yongie let out a bark in response.

He jumped off my lap and ran to the door, barking, when the doorbell rang.

“Coming.” I said as I headed to the door.

“Minji?” I called out as I opened the door.

“YONGIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!” Minki squealed and ran to Yongie, hugging him tightly as though Yongie was a teddy bear. That puppy did not try to bite her or make a sound but instead let her do whatever she wanted with him.

“What do I do, Haneul? I said really mean things to Seungho last night, and now I couldn’t find him. I texted him but no reply, I called but he did not answer. Did something bad happen to him?” She asked, on the verge of tears.

“Come in.” I said, letting her in.

“I wasn’t myself last night. I really did not mean what I said to him. I don’t know what is wrong with me recently.” She said.

“Did he come by last night?” She asked me.

I shook my head. I should not be doing this, but Minji needs to learn a lesson.

“Ahhh what do I do?” She said, burying her face into her palms.

“I know sometimes it’s hard to control your emotions, but you really got to try.” I said.

She looked at me guiltily.

“Don’t worry. He is okay. He came by last night.” I said.

“He did? Is he okay?” She asked worriedly instead of yelling at me for lying to her.

“I heard from Junhyung that he cried, and then had a hard time falling asleep. He left early this morning. He went to work I guess.” I said.

“He cried?” She asked, looking heartbroken.

“I know you love him, Minji. I know you never meant to hurt him.” I said.

“I should control myself. I just… I don’t know why.” She muttered.

“In future, before you haul insults at him, remember that he is your husband not your enemy, he is human not robot, he has emotions and feelings too.” I said.

She nodded sadly.

“He isn’t avoiding you. He just forgot his phone.” I said, handing Seungho’s phone to her.

“I wasn’t as cranky when I was carrying Minki. I don’t know what’s wrong with me now.” She said, caressing her baby bump.

“Maybe this is your real self.” I .

“Haneul!” She pouted.

“Go and hush your husband. I’ll take care of Minki for you.” I said.

“Is it okay? Would it be troublesome?” She asked.

“How is it troublesome? Minki can entertain Yongie.” I said, looking at Minki play catch with Yongie.

“Then I’ll go and come back fast.” She said.

“Just take your time.” I said.

“Minki ah, listen to Haneul and be a good girl, okay?” Minji said.

“Where you going!?” Minki asked, looking at Minji with her big eyes.

“It is ‘where are you going’. I’m going to bring your Deedee back. Minki be a good girl and stay here for awhile to play with Yongie, is that okay?” Minji asked.

Minki thought for awhile, and then nodded. She kissed Minji on her cheek before letting her go.

“Come here, baby girl~” I said, opening my arms to invite her into a hug.

She jumped into my arms and squeezed me tightly.

“Is there a baby inside too?” She asked, touching my baby bump.

“Yeap. Just like your Umma’s.” I said.

She pulled up her shirt and stared at her tummy.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“And me?” She asked, poking her tummy.

“You? Hahahaha! You’re the baby!” I laughed, tickling her.

She was a laughing mess under me. Yongie jumped onto the sofa, not wanting to be left out from the fun.

Minji’s POV

“Minji?” G.O noticed me first when I stepped into the recording room.

“Hi.” I smiled awkwardly at them.

“What brings you here?” He asked.

“Erm… Nothing. I bought some food, so I thought I come by and pass them to you guys.” I said, handing him two bags of food.

“Oh, thank you so much.” He smiled.

I looked around the recording studio, trying to see if Seungho was around, but no.

“Looking for Seungho?” He asked.

“Ahhh~ Yea~” I said awkwardly.

“He went upstairs to rest. His condition isn’t so good today. Kept making mistakes and got a lot of scolding. Is everything okay?” He asked.

“We kinda… got into a bit of an argument.” I said. It is a grave argument, Minji, you liar.

“Ahhh~ No wonder.” He said.

“Where is he again?” I asked.

“Two floors up.” He smiled.

“Thanks.” I muttered as I headed out.

I went to where G.O told me Seungho was, but instead of finding Seungho resting, I saw him dancing. He had no expression on his face as he danced. He picked himself up whenever he fell and continued without stopping. I pushed opened the door to reveal myself. He tripped over his own feet when he saw him, sending him falling flat onto the floor.

“Are you okay!?” I hurried towards him.

“Yea.” He mumbled, massaging his ankle.

“Did you sprain your ankle or anything?” I asked.

“No.” He said softly.

“You got a cut here.” I said, looking at his elbow.

“It’s fine.” He said, wiping the blood away with his towel.

“Are you angry with me?” I asked.

“Why would I be angry with you? I would be very glad if you aren’t angry with me.” He muttered.

“I’m sorry, Lucky. I was being a last night.” I said.

“Don’t call yourself that.” He said, letting out a slight smile.

“Why not? I am a for treating you that way.” I said.

He shook his head and sighed.

“I’m sorry. Forgive me?” I pleaded, holding onto his hands.

“I’m not angry.” He said.

“But you’re sad.” I said.

“I’m not.” He said.

“Yes, you are. It’s all over your face. What can I do to make you happy again?” I asked.

“I really am not. Go back home. I need to get back to work.” He said, standing up.

What should I do now? Minji, you created this mess, you cannot just leave it like that. Help me, baby. Kick or do something so your daddy would be humored.

“Ahh~” I winced when the baby gave me a hard kick as though on cue. It hurts, but thank you baby~

“What’s wrong!?” Seungho’s eyes widened.

I grabbed his hand and pressed it against my belly. He let out a wide smile when the baby kicked again.

“Aigoo my baby is so strong~” He said, amusing himself as he felt the baby kick.

I took the opportunity to hug him.

“Sorry, Seungho.” I apologized.

“It’s fine.” He said, resting his head on my shoulder.

“No, it’s not. Please tell me off if I hurt you again. Don’t let me hurt you like that again. Don’t go to someone else to cry. Cry in front of me. Make me feel guilty.” I said.

He laughed and kissed me on my cheek.

“You know I’ll never do that to you.” He said.

I was about to say something when the baby kicked me again. Seungho and I looked at each other in surprise. I guess he must have felt it in his stomach too since our bodies were so close with each other’s.

“So this is how it feels?” He asked.

“You want to try getting pregnant?” I asked, touching his stomach.

“It’s really fine.” He said hurriedly, looking scared, perhaps afraid I would make him carry that bag of rice again.

“Just kidding!” I pinched his cheeks.

“I got to go back to work.” He said, pouting slightly.

“Go on. I’ll wait for you then.” I said.

“Don’t. It’s going to be boring.” He said.

“How is it boring watching my husband?” I asked.

His cheeks turn a light shade of pink.

“Then… watch well~” He said, kissing me on my cheek and my belly.

I watch him as he practiced his dance moves. He made faces at me as and when, but still manage to look professional. Seeing him dance made me fall in love all over again. How charming, my Yang Seungho.

***
tumblrm69cm5rzso1rxbu6x.gifSeungho: I really am not. Go back home. I need to get back to work.

tumblrmj1s7gakcc1qa7jgf.gifMinji: How charming, my Yang Seungho.