Saving Him For The First Time

ON COMA

 

 

Jongup’s POV

 I decided to take a long walk, thinking about how I am going to do my mission when I don’t even know where Himchan is. It’s raining now and I saw people hiding underneath their umbrellas while here I am, standing under the rain.

I don’t mind it, though. The rain just passed through me, as if I wasn’t here. I’m completely dry right now, I suppose. I looked at my left, looked at my right. They can do things that I can’t do right now. I somehow feel like missing my real self again. I want my old life back, but I think it’s impossible to do so.

The rain finally stopped after a few minutes. I saw people folding their umbrellas, shaking it to dry and putting in into their bags. I smiled. I used to do that when I was me. Then, I continued walking. I can’t float like normal ghosts do because; I’m not even a ghost.

I stopped by a footbridge. I used to pass by here to go to my school. I decided to climb up to get a better view of my surroundings. Whenever I pass here, I felt like flying. When I reached the uppermost part, I noticed someone about to jump. And it wasn’t just a random someone.

End of Jongup’s POV

 

*  *  *

 

A woman held the hand of the man sitting in front of her, giving him a small and sad smile. “I’m sorry, Himchan-ah... You know I can’t. You’re just too young for me…” she said in a melancholic tone.

She stood up and left, but her wrist was grabbed by the man. “Can’t you please just give me another chance? I’m 23 now! I’m not a kid anymore…” the man pleaded.

“I’m really sorry. You’re 23 and I’m 31… And I’m going to marry someone already. I’m sorry, Kim Himchan…” the woman released herself and continued walking away. Himchan bit his lip and ran after the woman, who was now about to go into the cab.

 “Noona!” He called, rain drops pouring down on him. He hugged the woman from behind as he began to cry. “Please…” he sobbed, his tears mixing with the rain water. “Let me go…” the woman said bitterly.

Himchan slowly released her, finally letting her go. She entered the cab and looked at Himchan one last time. The man raised his head up from the ground, looking at the woman with tears in his eyes. “But you did have feelings for me, right?” Himchan asked hopefully.

“No, Himchan. I only think of you as my student. I’m sorry, I can’t help it... I can only look at you like this” she said and the car just sped away, leaving Himchan drenched under the rain.

Another girl walked to him and put him under a bright red umbrella, also giving him a big piece of towel. He took the towel and wiped it on his face. “You were right, Hyosung-noona. She didn’t have any feelings for me.” He said softly, staring blankly at the road.

Hyosung patted him on his back. “It’s okay, Himchan-ah. You tried your best. Besides, there are other persons better than her. Now let’s get you home before you catch a cold...” She said, leading him towards her car.

 

***

 

“Neukkil suga eobseo nunmuri heulleo~~~!!!  *Hic!*” 

“Yah, Himchan-ah! Will you stop that already?! You’re already drunk!” Hyosung shouted from the driver’s seat, trying to focus on the road while scolding her younger brother. Himchan was seated at the backseat. He, somehow, felt safe and comfortable there than in the passenger’s seat.

Himchan ignored his noona and just continued doing what he was previously doing. Hyosung rolled her eyes and pulled the car to stop. “Seriously, Himchan, stop drinking the freaking beverage of yours! The car is reek of coffee you know! And stop eating those ice creams! I need those buckets for a movie night later!!!” Hyosung finally decided to look at Himchan.

Surprisingly, the younger doesn’t look like an abandoned puppy anymore. In fact, he was enjoying himself with the treats around him. He already drank two cups [measured 500mL] of Iced Americano and three buckets [Measured 1liter each] of ice cream and he’s currently eating Hyosung’s last bucket.

“OMG, Himchan! Those ice creams were mine!” Hyosung scolded and grabbed the last bucket even before Himchan could scoop one more. “Yah, I was eating that!” Himchan reacted immediately when the frozen treat was taken away from him. “No more ice cream for you mister. You’re gaining too much weight already [A/N: Ouch, that hurts me a lot TT^TT]” Hyosung said, closing the lid and continued to drive.

“Oh yeah, no wonder you don’t get any skinnier…” Himchan mumbled, crossing his arms on his chest as he watched the raindrops travel down the windowpane. It was now getting dark and the rain stopped falling already.

“Ah, noona could you drop me off here?” Himchan asked as they passed by a bridge. “Why?” Hyosung asked, but she stopped the car. “Nothing important. I just needed some time to be alone.” Himchan gave her a reassuring smile. The male then got off of the car and went to the foot of the bridge.

“And, Himchan-ah…” his sister called out, causing him to turn around. “Don’t do anything stupid” she continued. Himchan just smiled, waved goodbye and climbed up. As he walked through the bridge, he noticed that there were only two people passing on the bridge. He waited for them to finally get down.

 

Himchan’s POV

I smiled to myself when I reached the middle, leaning down on the border. I breathed in deeply and closed my eyes. I climbed up the border, making sure I’m maintaining my balance before I jump.

I closed my eyes as I inhaled the toxic air that surrounds this city called Seoul. As I opened my eyes, I saw the speedy movements of cars underneath me, as if it was calling me. I take another step forward, my foot at the edge of where I’m standing right now.

Yes, I’m ready. Ready to die. Ready to end my useless life.

I jumped off the bridge, feeling relaxed. I knew my life would end like this. I smiled, knowing that my problems would come to an end.

End of Himchan’s POV

End of Chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[A/N: JOKE! JOKE! JOKE!!! XDXDXDXD]

 

Jongup ran to the older boy who was about to jump without giving it a second thought. He felt like his adrenaline rush helped him to run faster. Luckily, he got there right on the spot. Without hesitation, he pulled the elder boy’s arms up and he was surprised that he could touch him.

Jongup then locked Himchan’s torso with his arms, putting him down on the path. I… I saved him… Jongup’s eyes widened when he saw Himchan right in front of him without a scratch. “Hyung, are you okay?” Jongup said, sitting down in front of the elder. He somewhat forgot that no one could see him except his kind.

Himchan scratched the back of his head as he looked around for the one who prevented him from the suicide. “That’s weird…” Himchan said as he looked around. “Hyung, why did you do that? Why did you try killing yourself?” Jongup asked.

“Please don’t do that again…” Jongup said sadly as he embraced Himchan within his arms, even though he would pass just right through him. He was surprised when Himchan stood up again and decided to jump once more. The Soul tried to prevent it.

He slipped the phone out of Himchan’s back pocket and dropped it to get the attention of the elder. Himchan heard a soft crack and looked at where it’s from and he saw his phone laying on the ground.

“My precious phone!” Himchan exclaimed as he checked the object for any damages. Jongup sighed in relief. He was able to distract Himchan from doing that thing. “That was close…” the younger boy said.

Himchan opened the phone and he saw a message and opened it.

 

From: Cheesecake Maniac

Received: 7:04 pm; May 8, 2013

         I’M OUT OF CHEESECAKES, HYUNG! Would you care to make me one? I’ll pay you later ^^

 

Himchan smiled at the text. That smile somehow made Jongup’s heart skip a beat. “That was a cute nickname” Jongup giggled, pertaining to the messenger’s contact name. Himchan replied to the text and Jongup decided to peek what he’s going to text.

 

To: Cheesecake Maniac

Sent: 7:21 pm; April 24, 2013

     Yeah, yeah. I already know that. Oh, and can we talk?

Himchan texted back. “I wonder what they’re going to talk about…” Jongup said loudly as he followed Himchan to he knows where. The younger boy whistled carelessly because he knew that Himchan wouldn’t hear him.

 

 

 

B-BABYz notes:

Mianhada if I haven’t updated last Wednesday *pouts* I’m really busy studying and watching animes that I forgot to update Jeongmal mianhae~ And, by the way please do comment arasseo? Do you want me to have a happy ending or still angsty ending? And do you want me to add fluff? Please, please, please comment! Remember, I get inspiration not only from the fanfics I’ve read but from you guys also so PLEASE COMMENT!!! *puppy eyes* Ildeo hagi, ireun gwiyomi~~~ *makes heart shape*