The Truth

ON COMA

 

I didn’t update these past few days… sorry guys… It’s just… I’m really sad right now… What would you feel if someone who you treated as a friend suddenly died in just a single accident?

 

 

“You are one lucky guy…” I heard someone said with a chuckle. Wait. Someone can see me? I looked behind me to see who it was, but I saw no one there. Must be my imagination… I thought and just shrugged my shoulders.

I turned to look at my body again but was caught in surprise when I saw someone I didn’t expect to see.

“Y-Youngjae-hyung!”

I jumped back with a scream, widening my eyes in surprise. He was there, standing right in front of me, wearing an all white outfit and I swear he’s glowing; I mean, really glowing, like the light emits from his body.

He brushed his fingers against me cheek, it’s the unconscious body I’m talking about. This can’t be happening. Just three days ago I saw him in the morgue and now, ugh, I can’t understand any of these! “I-Impossible! I-I thought you were - - -”

“Dead, yes I am.” He confirmed.

“But… H-how…”

“Relax, Guppie~ I’ve just escaped” he said with a smile as he sat on one of the chairs in the room, crossing his legs. I couldn’t understand him. Escaped? Escaped from what? From death?

“I don’t know what you’re talking about” I said softly, processing the happenings in my mind.

It was then that I noticed that he’s glowing more than before, until white feathers started to rain in the room, then those feathers just fade when they reach the ground. I looked at Youngjae-hyung; he was growing wings on his back. It was one of the most beautiful things I’ve seen.

“I’ve escaped from heaven, Guppie. I’m an angel now…” he said with a big smile. I just stared at him there, until we heard a loud thud from behind us, and saw a girl dressed in all white, with wings and halo and all.

“A-Abbigail! How did you know where I was?!”  Youngjae-hyung looked rather, surprised. The female child angel stood up and rubbed her back. I ran to her to help her up, luckily I can touch her. She gave me a small smile, mouthed a simple ‘thank you’ and looked at Youngjae with a frown.

“Youngjae-oppa! How could you?! Leaving me like that all alone. You haven’t finished your training yet!” She pouted, making Youngjae-hyung scoff. “Don’t you dare call me ‘oppa’! You died almost twenty years earlier than me” Youngjae-hyung said.

She pouted again, then, she looked at me. “Oh, are you Moon Jongup?” she asked me, floating towards me. I just nodded in response, still not believing what I’m seeing. “I’m Abbigail. I used to be Youngjae’s guardian when he’s alive. Now I’m his mentor.” She said with a smile, offering her hand

I took it and shook it with a smile. “Nice meeting you, Abbigail-sshi…” I started, but I was curious of how I’m like this. “By the way, why am I not dead and Youngjae-hyung is? And how is it that I can see my body there while I’m here?” I asked, pointing at my unconscious body.

“It’s because Youngjae have already accomplished all of his tasks here on Earth. All he wanted to do is to protect someone he loves. You didn’t die because you have many things you still have to do in here.” She explained. “And, the reason why you see your body in this situation is your soul departed from it.” She added.

“W-wait. Are you saying that I’m just my soul?” I asked, still not believing of the strange things happening to me right now. I understand Youngjae-hyung’s state, but mine? I don’t think so.

“Yes, Jongup. You are just your soul. Neither your soul nor your body is the real Jongup. The real Jongup is when your body and your soul are together.” Youngjae-hyung finally explained as he held hand with Abbigail’s small ones, considering that she only looks like a ten year old girl.

“But, if my soul gets separated from my body, I might die, right?” I asked, worried. The two angels looked at each other, then they looked at me, as if they were hesitating if they’re going to tell me or not. By the looks of it, I may die sometime.

“No, you’re not going to die. It’s just that, we’ve made a mistake. You’re not supposed to die yet. You have to accomplish your mission. Besides, your body’s still alive, right?” Abbigail confirmed. I just nodded to what she said. I looked down, thinking.

“But…” Youngjae-hyung said, causing my head to look up. “If you accomplish your mission, you…” he trailed off, not wanting to continue. He urged Abbigail to say it for him, because, I guess, he was too scared to say it.

“Die.” She said. Wait, did I hear it right? “Excuse me? I can’t understand” I said in perplexity. “You finish your mission, and you die.” She said, seriousness written all over her face. This is so not a face of a ten year old girl.

I was speechless. I can’t say anything. I know it. And my mind was blank, except for the things I’m saying right now.

Youngjae-hyung breathed heavily and patted me on my shoulder. “You shouldn’t be that gloomy Guppie. Look at me, I’m dead and you’re not! Maybe there’s a chance that you won’t die. Right Abby?” he said, looking back at the girl who was kicking her shoes.

“Yeah. It might not happen, the death.” She smiled at me. “You can ask few more questions if you like before we leave. We don’t really mind it, though…” Abbigail said. Then, I thought of a question.

“Uhm, what’s my mission?” I asked. “Oh, I forgot about that. Our head asked me to give you this message” she said and handed me a white envelope. I looked at it for a few seconds before taking it from the poor girl’s hand.

“That’s it, Guppie. We have many things to do starting from now. Take care and see you soon.” They both smiled at me and just disappeared into nowhere. I decided to open the letter and started reading my mission. It said:

                                        Moon, Jongup, I know this is a quite hard mission I gave you but it’s the only way for you to complete your life. I’ve been watching you,                                ever since you were born. I know you really want to see your childhood friend, Kim Himchan for the last time. All you have to do is, let him remember you.

END OF CHAPTER

 

 

B-BABYz notes:

So, what would you feel, guys? We’re not that close but we’re clubmates and I’ve known him for two years already, since we were in 7th grade, I guess. *le me listening to COMA by B.A.P*

BTW, do anyone of you remember this fic?