The Curse of the Choi's

ON COMA

“You expect me to believe that?!” Himchan said, rolling his eyes. Three of them are currently sitting down on Yongguk’s couch. Bimin put her cup down and sighed. Junhong was upstairs and was lying on Yongguk’s bed. ON FREAKING YONGGUK’S BED.

“Believe it or not, it’s the truth, Kim Himchan-sshi… Junhong and I are ESPers. It is said that our family have this kind of ability for generations. He can see them. I can hear them. We’re half and half. Our ability to communicate with supernatural beings is useless without us together,” she said, sipping another amount of green tea.

‘If that’s the case, then it means there a chance that they could talk to me, right? Then, I’ll be able to communicate with Himchan-hyung” Jongup thought. “But it’s good, right? I mean, it’s really rare!” Yongguk stated.

“No.” Bimin said with a very flat voice. “People usually think it’s a gift, but it’s actually a curse, known as ‘The Curse of The Choi”

“Curse??? Is there even a thing? I thought it only exists in fantasy” Himchan said as he put his thumb on his chin.

“Look. Don’t you even wonder why Junhong and I only have less than seven months ? We’re actually cursed. It’s forbidden for our family to have two children. Now that we have, we’re cursed. And the price to pay? Death and premature birth. It’s the reason why our umma died right after she delivered Junhong. That’s also the reason why Junhong is only six months in my umma’s womb. It’s a miracle that he lived…” Bimin explained and it was the start of silence.

.

“Yah, Himchan-ah, do you think it’s really safe to leave the store to Daehyun? We might be bankrupt…” Yongguk said, breaking the silence for a bit. But, no one seems to want to reply. “Uhm, guys?” he called out again.

“It’s okay. I’ll eat him if he eats the cakes.” Himchan just stated.

“By the way, why did Jello faint earlier? How come you never told me your situation?” Yongguk asked to Bimin.

“It happens to him every time he uses his ability. It’s like, his sense travels to find the soul, to be one with them. It’s only the time when his third eye opens,” she replied.

“So, you’re saying that his third eye or whatsoever is not automatically opened. When is the time that it opens?” Himchan asked.

“It opens when he had a physical contact to a person who previously saw, heard or felt a ghost. It occurs seven minutes after he touched or touched by the person. If I’m not mistaken, the last person who he had a physical contact with other than me was you, Yongguk-ah…” she said, pointing her finger at her senior.

“What me? But I don’t… Wait…” Yongguk trailed off, remembering something. “I think I remember now. Recently, I’ve been seeing things. You know, white figure. I always see it near Himchan.”

Himchan’s face got paler. “W-what are y-you s-saying…? I-It’s ridiculous. You’re scaring me, right?” he has the voice of authority, but the anxiety was evident on his face by the way he sweats.

“It might be true… If it’s false, then Jello won’t - - -”

 

“AHHHHHH!!!!!!  Mmmm! Ahhh! Ngggh!!! Argghhh!!!!!”

 

“What was that?!” Himchan asked as he shot up when they heard some muffled moans upstairs. “It’s coming from upstairs!” Yongguk said as he ran up, leaving the two slowpokes downstairs.

“Yah, Yongguk! Wait up! You know my legs are too short!” Bimin shouted as she followed Yongguk.

 

Upon opening the door to his room, a strong wind blew onto Yongguk’s face. He noticed that the objects in his room were floating. It was not long when he saw Junhong, his fragile body was levitating, his head almost touching the ceiling and slowly floating towards Yongguk.

It was not just that. Junhong’s dark gray hair was turning to a light shade of red and even if his eyes were open, they were deep and blank. His irises are colored blue. Yongguk wasn’t able to move in his spot, as if something was preventing him to move.

“What’s happening - - - Oh my god, Jello!” Bimin exclaimed as she saw the situation. Now, two of them were glued to their position. Damn! I can’t move!  She cursed in her head.

“…” that was the only word Himchan could say as he stood behind the two as his perfectly combed hair was swept backwards by the wind.

“Kim Himchan… Someone wants to talk to you…” Junhong said in a different tone as he slowly pointed at the said male. It’s like a haunting voice.

Is he talking about me? Jongup thought as he heard the boy’s conclusion.

“Dude, I told you it’s you” Yongguk taunted in a shaky voice. “Shut up, I’m gonna fire you…” Himchan threatened.

Junhong slowly lowered his arms to his sides, at the same time; the objects in Yongguk’s room fell. The strong wind earlier gradually became weaker. The red-head’s eyes also closed as he rapidly fell down onto the ground. Good thing Yongguk was there to catch him even before his fingertips touched the floor.

When everything has calmed down, Bimin and Himchan ran to the boy and Yongguk.

“Look, his hair’s changing back…” Himchan said quietly as he looked at the cataleptic boy whose cheeks were being tapped lightly by Yongguk. “Wake up, Junhong. Wake up. You hear me? You have to wake up!” the eldest male said in panic.

Jello groaned as he squinted his eyes, slowly opening them. “Am… Am I in heaven…?” he whispered upon seeing Yongguk’s face close to his. “Please don’t disturb me in my sleep, Yonggukkie-hyung…” he whispered and snuggled closer to the elder male.

Junhong closed his eyes for good three seconds until he realized that his and Yongguk’s faces were only centimeters away. “What the fu - - - argh!” he shouted as he tried to stand up, but failed when his forehead bumped Yongguk’s.

“He’s awake!” Bimin exclaimed happily as she clapped her hands.

“N-noona, what do you mean by - - - ” Junhong was cut off when he felt Yongguk hugging him. “You pabo… You scared us to death! I thought you were possessed or something!” Yongguk said as he held the boy tighter in his arms.

Junhong felt that his heart would explode anytime because of its excessive beating. He wished they could be like this forever, but it didn’t last long when his eyes accidentally saw Himchan, not to say also the figure beside him.

“Why can’t I see you?” Junhong suddenly said, vaguely directing the question to Jongup. This was the reason why Yongguk suddenly released the boy from his tight grip. The boy walked towards Jongup. Himchan thought he was going for him but was confused when Junhong was talking to the air on his right side.

“Annyeonghasaeyo~ Joneun Moon Jongup imnida~ Manaseo bangapseumnida~!” Jongup said cheerfully as he bowed and flashed his ‘lively’ smile. Unfortunately, neither Junhong nor Bimin could hear him.

“Bimin-noona, can you hear what he’s saying?” Junhong asked, still looking at Jongup’s blurry figure. “I can’t see him clearly. I can see his body, but not his face…”

 

 

 

“Maybe… maybe it’s not a ghost…”

 

 

 

[A/N: See what I did there???? *le derp face*]