Chapter 010: Under New Management

Faerie || NH Media's First Girl Group || Apply Closed~!

The girls woke up that morning with quite a bit of energy. Even though it was just before four in the morning, they were all awake and actually not snapping at each other. They had quickly made their way to the NH building to practice on their comebacks - which would happen in a week.

That day, the girls were practicing in the same room. Dark Faerie watched as Light Faerie danced and vice versa. They gave each other tips and Hyelee also helped each group perfect the choreography she had painstakingly come up with. Everything was going well, the teaser videos had been released the previous evening.

Then came a knock at the door, and in walked the CEO followed by Kevin, Eli, and AJ and a woman they had never seen before.

"Girls, I have some bad news," Nam Hee said, sighing softly. He looked tired.

"What is it?" Hye asked, speaking up as the leader of Faerie.

"It seems..." Nam Hee looked from Faerie to the three members of U-Kiss behind him, then at the floor before looking back at the girls. "It seems that Jung Ok had files full of sabotage plans, and I was playing right into his game. He got caught stealing funds from the company, and he has been terminated and arrested. He will no longer be your manager."

Though the girls pretended to be "upset" by the news, inside they were celebrating.

"But, a group needs a manager, and I want you to meet your new one," Nam Hee said, forcing a smile to try and change the subject. He turned to the woman and motioned her to come forward. "This is Hwang Rae Eun."

"Hello everyone," she smiled. She looked motherly, and she was extremely tall - standing at least at 179cm - and slender. "As Nam Hee-oppa said, I am Hwang Rae Eun, but you can call me Rae. I'm 31 years old, and this will be my first time managing a group."

"Wait, Rae Eun as in the soloist from the late 90's?" Huan questioned.

Rae nodded, laughing. "Neh. That's me. It's been a while since I've been on stage." At the confused expressions on the other seven girls' faces, she chuckled. "I debuted in 1997, at the age of 15. I performed until I was 18, and then I left the stage to persue a career in Business Management. My innocent image of being a child was slowly fading away as I grew up, anyway." She shrugged. "And so here I am."

"That's so cool~!" Hyelee smiled brightly. "Being managed by someone who's actually been on the stage~!"

Hye smiled. "I'm Faerie's leader and lead vocalist Hye."

"Faerie's main rapper, lead dancer, and face Jacy."

"Lead rapper, main dancer, and face Hyomi."

"Faerie's main vocalist and lyricist Belle."

"Faerie's maknae, triple threat, and choreographer Hyelee."

"Vocalist, rapper and visual, Ae Sook."

"Rapper, vocalist, and actress, Mai."

"Dancer, vocalist, and composer Huan."

Rae smiled at her new charges. "It's good to meet all of you." She turned to Nam Hee and the three U-Kiss members. "Thank you for everything. I think I can handle it from here." She bowed to them and they bowed and left. She turned to the girls. "Since your comeback is in a week, I'm not going to change it. However, I already have an idea for the next comeback. I feel this group needs a y, shocking concept to get the netizens back on its side. What do you think?"

The eight girls looked at each other and smiled, nodding to their new manager.

---

Scandal at NH Media

Earlier today, it was revealed that Faerie would be getting a new manager: Hwang Rae Eun, a 31 year old woman who was a soloist under a relatively unknown company in the late 90's. The reason for this change? The group's original manager, Bae Jung Ok, had been caught trying to sabotage the group, as well as stealing money from the company itself.

"Bae Jung Ok has been taken into custody and promptly fired." Stated NH Media's CEO Kim Nam Hee. "I am terribly sorry that these girls had to suffer through the way he treated them, and I am even more sorry that I did not notice until now. These girls are all very talented, and now they can show that talent. I hope you all look forward to their special comeback next week."

Being under new management, Rae has created new and better profiles on the girls and has added them to a website for the girls. It can be found here.

The girls of Faerie comeback in two units as Dark Faerie and Light Faerie with In the Night Sky and Wonder Boy on July 2.

~*~*~*~*~

Just a quick update, since it's been so long.
I am currently looking for applicants for a new story (
here). Also, CandyFreak and I are in desperate need of applicants (here). And my dearest twin is in need of applicants for two different stories, as well (here and here). 
Um, I don't have much else to say...
<3
Jae