Chapter 006: Debut

Faerie || NH Media's First Girl Group || Apply Closed~!

The eight girls crowded backstage, talking amongst one another while their mics were being taped. Luckily, they were getting face mics, which made some anxieties go down about the dancing.

"I can't believe this is actually happening," Hyera said, clapping and bouncing. This received yet another frustrated look from the sound coordinator trying to tape down the maknae's mic chord.

"Am I the only one thinking that we're being set up for disaster?" Ae Sook sighed, adjusting her dark purple, almost black, suit jacket back after having her mic secured.

Mai shrugged. "I'm sure we'll be able to overcome whatever is thrown at us." She said with a simple small smile.

"Okay guys, hands in," Hye Sun said, looking at her group. She rolled her eyes at the other seven girls. "Come on, amuse me." She sighed, holding her hand out. As she watched each girl reluctantly put their hands on top of her own, she bit her lip. Was she really cut out to be the leader of this group? Or was she chosen just because the company wanted to see the group fail and cause drama? She shook the thoughts from her head. "Hwaiting on three. One, two, three..."

"Hwaiting."

It wasn't as enthusiastic as the leader was hoping for, but it would suffice. She looked at Noella and smiled slightly.

Noella didn't return the smile; she was obviously nervous. She was the last to get her mic taped on and to her, it didn't feel too secure.

"You girls ready?" J.O asked, walking up out of nowhere. "It's your turn to record. Break a leg." He grinned.

---

Faerie's Debut Falls Short

NH Media's first girl group Faerie had a less than fairtale ending at last night's Inkigayo debut performance. Was it nerves? The new stage environment? Who knows, but it wasn't the girls' night. They performed their intro song, Cruel Fairytale, without a hitch, but when it came to the group's debut song Heartbeat, it did anything but get hearts beating.

Main vocalist Belle kept having to adjust her mic as it kept cutting out during her lines. Leader and lead vocalist Hye seemed to have very few difficulties with her lines, it was a dance step she had issues getting near the end of the performance. The few small lines split up between Mai, Ae Sook, and Huan were delivered well by the three members - many netizens wish that they received more lines in the song and think it's unfair how little lines they get.

Hyomi and Hyelee had no problems throughout the entire performance, as far as the song was concerned. However, both had minor wardrobe malfunctions. The button holding Hyomi's blazer closed snapped off in the middle of the performance, and Hyelee's belt came off as well.

Jacy, during her small dance break at the end, stuck the landing wrong and had to be helped offstage by Hye and Hyomi.

Will they be able to come back from this not-so-graceful debut performance and make their next performances shine?

---

Faerie's "debut"
--blog review from kpoppingfan772

Ok, so...
Maybe NH should have just debuted another boy group with the debut song they had for these girls. Heartbeat was a great song lyric-wise and beat-wise, but it just seems like something a boy group would do...
I think Faerie should do more songs like their intro song Cruel Fairytale. It was a beautiful song and I believe that's the song Belle wrote for this debut single. I think the company made them do Heartbeat. (Is that in the contract for the girls? Or was it because the debut was short notice? Oh who cares)
Anyway, the debut could have gone SO much better!

I'm wondering if the malfunctions with the mic and the wardrobe weren't accidents?
Call me crazy, but I really like this group after seeing and hearing their debut. (I've already pre-order the single album with Jacy as the cover art! xD)
Back to the subject at hand!
A button just so happens to snap off one member's outfit (Hyomi) while the belt of another member's (Hyelee) comes off... In the same performance?
Same with Belle's mic!
I do agree with others that Mai, Ae Sook, and Huan need more lines, but this is their DEBUT song; I'm sure it will be just like U-Kiss when Kevin and Soohyun were getting the most lines - it will eventually even out. Slow your roll, guys.

I just hope they have a more feminine concept when they have a comeback.

Does anyone have an idea for a fanclub of this group yet?
I can't think of anything.

-comments (viewing 3 of 164)-

     from: anonfan48
          I honestly don't think they'll get a comeback. Unless the company is dumb enough to waste more money on them. These girls obviously don't have what it takes to make it in the industry. 

     from: geniusbabydoll
          I really like this group, actually. I think if they fight through this and make their future debut promotions even better, then they can make it! I expecially like Hyelee! She has to be the most adorable maknae ever! I think the fanclub should be TLK - "True Love's Kiss"

     from: sujushineefxsnsdddd
          this group bothers mee. none of them seem to have trained long enough to even be debuting. i don't care how long the company says they've been there, they need to go back to training. specially that mai chick; i don't know why, but i don't like her. her or ae sook... in fact, the whole '91 line of the group is bothersome.

---

"Ok, stop reading," JaeHwa groaned, adjusting the ice pack on her ankle.

The girls were in the living room and Hyera was reading the news article about their debut, and Hye Sun had found a few blog posts. It was the afternoon after their debut performance and they had another one that night.

"Would you look at that?" Ae Sook sighed dramatically. "We have antis." She shrugged and sighed, flopping against the back of the couch in a huff.

Noella tilted her head at the blogpost. "But I did write Heartbeat..." She muttered under her breath, shaking her head. "Not all of my songs sound the same..."

"Specially after I get a hold of them," Shouhui grinned. "I think we worked well together on Heartbeat, though unnie. Yeah, Hyera's choreography was a bit masculine, but we pulled it off pretty well, I thought."

"I think we did great," Hyomi smiled, bringing a tray holding eight bowls of stew on it into the living room. She set it down on the table and passed out a bowl to each member. "Despite everything that happened." She shrugged, grabbing her own bowl of stew.

"I'm glad you think so..." Hye Sun muttered, scrolling through her dash on Tumblr as she ate.

"What's great is this stew," Shouhui smiled.

"Yeah, our performance ," Mai said, swallowing her bite of stew. "Like, ing ." She rolled her eyes at Hye Sun's glance. "Mian, unnie."

"You know I hate profanity." Hye Sun sighed, shaking her head.

"Kiki, you realize that you have to do the dance break now, right?" JaeHwa said, looking at her bowl instead of her friend.

KiHyo almost choked on her bite of food. She swallowed, her eyes wide. "Um... ok. Yeah." She smiled at JaeHwa. "You got it, unnie~!"

"You both practiced it, and you both did well." Hye Sun said ecouragingly. "I believe in you, KiHyo-ah."

"Thanks unnie." KiHyo smiled.

They ate the rest of their lunch in silence before getting up to go get ready for their second performance.

~*~*~*~*~

Weeeeeell, there's the debut~!
^^'
A bit... um... Not what you'd expect? I guess. *shrug*
I have a lot in store for this group, so expect more.
Also,
here is a lyric breakdown and you can see who sings/raps what part. ^^
So, leave me a comment letting me know what you think about their debut~!
Also, a fanclub suggestion would be awesome~! Perhaps a color and symbol as well?
Thanks~!
<3
Jae