Chapter 008: Figuring it Out

Faerie || NH Media's First Girl Group || Apply Closed~!

"Questionable background, questionable background, questiona- It's on all of our profiles!" Hye Sun sighed in exasperation.

It was hour three of going through the folder and trying to make sense of it all. There were printed versions of phone calls and conversations that J.O had had with Nam Hee, most of which trying to convince Nam Hee to debut a girl group. J.O seemed to be the instigator in the whole process.

The handwriting was definitely his on the profiles, in any case.

"Why does it say "project group;" is this group not supposed to continue?" Shouhui asked. For once, her happiness was gone and her curiousity had turned to flat out confusion. "What is J.O-oppa planning?"

"This..." Ae Sook said simply, pulling out a sheet of paper. She looked down at it and sighed.

"What does it say?" JaeHwa asked.

"It's in English; I'm not really able to read it," Ae Sook replied.

"Here," Noella set her glass of wine down on the coffee table before holding her hand out. She took the paper from Ae Sook and looked down at it. "Holy..." She shook her head. "He has plans for us up until after our comeback as two units. He's expecting us to fail because of the things he has notes on from our trainee days..." She scanned the page once more.

"There's no indication that he even spoke to CEO-nim about which of Noah-unnie's lyrics to use for debut," KiHyo said, looking at one of the printed conversations.

"There's nothing about Faerie splitting up either," JaeHwa added, looking a couple of the other conversations. Each one was dated, so it was easy to tell how recent or how long ago it had happened.

"He is literally doing everything he can to sabotage us," Hye Sun sighed, looking at the stapled together packet of "plans" that she had taken from Noella. She flipped through the pages a few times. "He's planning on sabotaging a comeback stage. Looks like..." She squinted at their manager's awful handwriting. "He's trying to make it look like we're lip-syncing..."

"We need to tell Nam Hee-nim!" Hyera exclaimed. "This is horrible, and pretty much abuse. He shouldn't be allowed to do this to us."

Hye Sun nodded. "True."

"But he can because Nam Hee-nim has trusted J.O-oppa for a while now. He's been at this company almost as long as many of us," Mai said, finally speaking up. "He'll believe oppa's word over ours."

"But, what if it's not just us?" KiHyo suggested.

"What do you mean, Kiki-ah?" JaeHwa asked as she looked at her friend and dance partner.

"What if we get the U-Kiss boys to back it up too?" KiHyo smiled.

"It might be able to work," Ae Sook said, cracking a small smile of her own.

"There's fifteen of us all together; that's fifteen against one," Hye Sun grinned. "I think we could do it."

"Come to think of it..." Noella muttered. "Kevin, Eli, and AJ didn't mention how they got this file."

"We can ask them later," Hye Sun said. "For now, however - we need to start thinking of choreography."

Mai nodded. "So we can show J.O-oppa just how good we can be." She said, crossing her arms. "If we can prove all of these notes of his wrong, then CEO-nim will have no choice but to believe us when we show him all of this."

The room was quiet as the other seven girls thought it over.

"And after we get done coming up with choreo, we need to figure out a way to keep J.O-oppa away from the stylists, the mics, and everything that involves us during our comeback promotions," Ae Sook said.

"Perfect." JaeHwa said, smirking.

"So, let's get to work." Shouhui smiled. "So for Into the Night Sky, I was thinking...."

~*~*~*~*~

Just a quick chapter to get rid of that cliffhanger. ^^'
Mian for that everyone.
Here we see the girls turning the tables.
Next chapter will probably be preparing for the comeback (maybe), if not it will be in about a week or so and will be the actual comeback chapter.
^__^
Oh! I actually made trainee profiles for this chapter.

Noella | Hye Sun | Mai | Ae Sook | JaeHwa | KiHyo | Shouhui | Hyera 

Anyway, this chapter also kind of shows how the girls are getting a bit closer to each other. (at least I hope it shows that)
Like, even though they don't always openly express things to each other, this sense of protecting each other and making sure that the threat gets terminated shows that they do care for each other - at least (at this point) as groupmates.
<3
Jae