Chapter Eight

RunAway Wife

Kyuhyun's pov
I had to attend to some business problem at work so I had leave Eunco at home alone, I was so worried about Eunco. The first person who came to my mind is Changmin although they are friends now but I can feel their awkwardness with each other.
I sat in the living room alone thinking of how am I going to tell Eunco about this, then I got it. Just then,  Eunco tapped me on the shoulder and asked “ Oppa what are you doing sitting here alone?”
 
“Oh, nothing.” I smile lightly.

Eunco nodded her head and was about to walk away,  I called her “ Eunco-ah”.

“ Neh oppa?” she turned away and looked at me, waiting for me to speak.

“ I have to go overseas for a few days and I can't bring you along as you're pregnant, so I wanted to ask Changmin to take care of you while I am gone.” I said it in one shot.

“ I can understand that but can it not be Changmin oppa?” she begged.

“Waeyo? I thought that you and Changmin are good now?” I asked.

“Yes, we're good but it's still a bit awkward between us.” she explained.

“But he is the only one that I can trust plus he is the father of the baby, he had the rights to take care of you.” I said.

She pouted her lips slightly and agreed to it. I immediately took out my phone and called Changmin then tell him all over again. He agreed too.

A few days later, I woke up earlier just to  double-check my stuff before going to the airport. Eunco was in the kitchen, making some breakfast for me. I told her not too but she insisted on making it so I let her after she finished making her breakfast, she asked me and eat it. But she walked away, I knew that she was holding her tears back. So I walked towards her and back-hugged her and said “ Don't be sad, Oppa is only be going for a few days, I promised I will be back before you know it.”
she turned around and hugged me then she said nothing. We went back to the dining room and finished the breakfast.

The bell rang, we knew that it was Changmin and it's time for me to leave for the airport. I opened the door for Changmin, he smiled at me and said “ Good luck hyung.”

“Arraso, take good care of Eunco.” I said.

“I will.” he assured me.

I went into the house and took my luggage then heading towards the taxi that I booked, before I go Eunco plant a kiss on my cheeks. I took the taxi and went to the airport.

Eunco's pov
After seeing the taxi driving further and further from the house, Changmin oppa and me went in the house. We both walked towards the living room and sat down, the atmosphere was so awkward.

Finally, Changmin oppa found a topic to talk about, I thought that we're going to stay this way forever.
“How are you feeling now?” He asked awkwardly.

“ I'm fine, how about you?” I said.

“ I'm fine too, when is your next appointment for your monthly pregnancy check-up?”

“It's tomorrow.” I told him.

“What do you want to do for the rest of the day?” he asked me.

“ Hmm, I not sure.” I started thinking about where should we go.

“How about going shopping?” He suggested.

“Okay since we don't have anything to do.” I smiled happily.

I went to change my clothes while oppa waited for me, then we headed out. When we reached the place, it was pretty crowded but the things that they were selling were pretty unique. Oppa had to ask the people to make way for me as I walk, I smelled oppa's cologne, it's still the same as before. We finally walked out of the crowded area to a place that is more quieter and expensive. As we were walking pass some branded shop, something caught my attention. I stopped in front of the display window and looked at it for a while.
Oppa looked at me and asked “ you like it?”

“Yes.” I answered without even thinking.

“ Let's go in then.” he said.

He held me by the arm and lead me into the shop, then a sales assistant walked towards us and asked “ How may I assist you sir?”

“Can you get me the dress from the display window.” he said.

“ Yes, please hold on while I get it.” the sales assistant went to get the dress.

I turned at looked at him and said “ actually you don't have to do thing, I can't fit into the dress now.”

“ I can buy it first after you have give birth, I am sure that you can fit in.” he said confidently.

“How do you know that I am going to have my body back to its original size?” I asked him amusingly.

“ Cause I know you would do any thing to get your body back.” he answered confidently.

Just as I was about to talk back to him, the sales assistant came and gave us the dress.

“Please wrap it up for me.” He told the sales assistant.

After all the shopping, we went to a restaurant that I used to go frequently with him and he order the food that I loved. While waiting for the food to be served, we were both looking at a couple and their baby having their meals together. I can't wait for the baby to come out so that I can shower him with lots of love.
“Have you thought of a name for the baby yet?” oppa asked curiously.

“Nope, Kyuhyun oppa said that he wanted you to choose the name as you're the biological father of the baby.” I explained.
“I see. How about Jong In?” he suggested.

“ Shim Jong in. It's a nice name.” I approved it.

Then our food came and we had a great meal together while chatting. The awkwardness between us was gone too.

The next day, oppa brought me to the clinic and still the same. Taking our queue number, we came here too often even the desk lady knew us.

“Oh, Eunco ah~ here for your monthly check up?” the desk lady smiled to me.
 
“Neh...” I giggled.

“So who is this sir??” she asked.

'I knew that someone is going ask who is Changmin oppa.' I thought to myself while smiling lightly at the lady.

“Erm.. he... is the... father of … the baby.” I answered nervously.

 “ Ahh.. I see. So where is Kyuhyun?” She sounded so arrogant.

“He is on a business trip.” I answered

“ I see, alright. I guessed that we talked too much, look it's already your turn.” She smiled.

Changmin oppa bowed to the lady to thank the lady before leading me into the doctor's office. When he walked into the office, he looked so fascinated by the office that full of pictures of babies.  

“Nice to see you again.” The doctor smiled warmly.

“Neh, nice to see you too.” I slightly bowed.

“Annyeonghaseyo Seongsaengmin.” Changmin bowed at the doctor.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” She stood up and slightly bowed back.

She moved her hands to the direction of the chairs, signaling us to take a seat. Then Oppa lead me to the chair and make sure that I am seating comfortably before taking his seat.

“Who is this handsome man? Your Oppa?” she asked politely.

“Ani, he is the father of the baby.” I explained.

“I see.. so where is the Kyuhyun?” she asked.
“He went on a business trip.” I answered.

“Ahh.. he is such a busy kid.” She slightly joked.

“Neh..” I giggled slightly..

 “Okay, back to the topic. There's a lot to be discussed today as you're getting closer to your due date. But first, I have to give you the same old check up that you did for the past 7 months.” she continued.

“Okay, I understand.” I nodded my head to show that I understand what the doctor just said.

Then, She walked towards me and lead me to get a ultrasound. I laid on the couch and pulled up my shirt, she then apply the gel and she started checking.

“Eunco, you will realize the baby will start to kick more as the brain developing rapidly at this time, and will be introduced to sight and hearing, so its better to let him hear songs and also talking to him. It will improve his sense of hearing, towards the end of the third trimester which is the 9th month his lung..
[10:13:25 PM] Swee Ying Xin : are nearly fully developed. Your baby's reflexes are coordinated so he can blink, close the eyes, turn the head, grasp firmly, and respond to sounds, light, and touch. His position changes to prepare itself for labor and delivery. So it will feel a little uncomfortable.” I nodded along as the doctor explain.

“There are two ways of delivering. 1st is the natural birth, and 2nd is the C section, which is through operation. Which way would you want to be delivered?” The doctor asked.

“Oppa which one should I choose?” I asked oppa.

“The one that you have the most confident in.” He patted my back, assuring me.

“Natural birth I guess...” I answered with question marks in my mind.

“Are you really sure? It will be painful through the process.” She explained.

“I am fine with it, I can sacrifice for him. It will be an evidence that I gave birth to him.” I said while looking at oppa. He was laughing lightly at what I just said.

“ So you're confirm that you are for natural birth?.” The doctor reconfirm with me.

“Yes.” I said in a really confident tone.

“ Okay then I need you to fill in this form and sign at the bottom. Here is a list of things that you need to prepare for your stay in the hospital. And that's all for today.” She smiled warmly.

Oppa helped me up from the couch and went out of the office, he helped me in filling in the form and gave me the pen for me to sign. Then he passed the form to the lady working at the front desk, we went out of the clinic together. We walked back to where oppa parked his car, he opened the door for me and I smiled at him before getting in.

As oppa is driving, I took out the list that the doctor gave just now, then oppa looked at me curiously.

“Wae? Is there anything on my face?” I asked.

“Nope, there's nothing on your face. Just that I thought that you were really brave to choose natural birth.” he said.

“ I want the feeling of the baby coming out of my body, everyone have to go through pain before gaining something” I explained.

“I see.. if I were you I would choose going through operation. Btw can I pack those things for you in the list? ” He asked.

“Of course, I am so glad that you suggested it.” I said happily and he laughed with me.

We chatted happily throughout the car ride. Without knowing, we reached the house. Oppa parked his car right outside the garage, he then walked over to my side of the car and helped me out of the car.

He opened the door to the house and lead me to a chair where we placed our shoes, he helped me remove my shoes then continuing leading me into the bedroom. I sat on the bed and he tucked me into the comforter making sure that I am really comfy. Before he walked out of the room, he took out his phone and played some soothing music.

I looked at him curiously and he smiled then said “ remember what the doctor said. We should let him listen to some music.”

“ Gomawo oppa.” I smiled at him warmly and gave him a little peak on his cheeks.