Strange Reaction

Stop Messing With My Head!

By the way, words in italics mean that they’re thoughts. If there’s stuff in grey color, it usually means it’s a text message.  There’s some green down there, and it’s a reminder from me. It’s not part of the story, I just put it there in case you guys forgot.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Although Hayoung had told her that most students didn’t talk crap about her anymore, Minah still expected that she would receive more dirty looks from the students the next day. After all, she had just sung a duet with Chanyeol. In addition, he talked to her regularly in music class, which revealed their close friendship. Surprisingly, though, there was nothing. It seemed very odd to her. One moment everyone hated her, and the next they didn’t. Still, Minah didn’t complain about it. Perhaps they had gotten used to her friendship with Chanyeol, and didn’t care much about it anymore.

 

In music, people continued to perform their songs. It was a pretty chill period. When 5th ended, Chanyeol asked Minah if she wanted to hang out with the EXO boys today. She said yes, and they agreed to meet in front of the music room after school.

 

In her sixth period, Minah took a test. Honestly, it was one of the easiest tests she had ever taken. She was sure that she had gotten an A on it. After she finished the test, she flipped the papers over and pushed them to the corner of her desk. Then, she looked around the class, feeling rather bored. She turned her head to the side, and noticed Myungsoo (his friends were the ones that had ripped her literature textbook, remember? Myungsoo stopped his hyung from doing anything too rash to Minah. So in a way, he saved her from getting bullied, though he didn’t do it for that reason.) staring at her. What the heck? She quickly turned around and stared straight ahead. How awkward. 

 

Eventually, the bell rang. “Yes!!!”  thought Minah, a smile creeping onto her lips. “I can finally hang out with EXO again!”

 

She ran over to the music room, but when she arrived, she realized that her wallet and purse were in the dorm. Minah groaned. “Not again…” Chanyeol appeared, waving and grinning. “Hey, Minah!”

 

“Hi Chanyeol! Hey, do you mind if I stop by my dorm first? I wanna drop off my backpack and my books,” Minah requested. “And I have to get my wallet.”

 

“Not at all. I’m sure the boys won’t mind if we’re late a few minutes.  I’ll walk you to your room,” Chanyeol offered. The two strolled over to the dormitories.

 

“I’ll just stand here while you drop your stuff off,” said Chanyeol. 

 

“You might as well come in for a sec,” Minah smiled. “Since you’re already here.”

 

“What about your roommate?” Chanyeol asked. 

 

“I don’t think she’d mind. She really likes EXO, but she’s not one of those crazy fangirls. I think you two will get along.”

 

“If you say so…” he said skeptically. Though he never really talked to the students at the school (unless he was forced to, for a project or partner assignment), he figured that one little conversation couldn’t hurt anybody. Minah whipped her key out and opened the door. Chanyeol followed her inside, closing the door behind him.

 

“Hayoung!” Minah called. “Come here!”

 

Chanyeol frowned at the name. Hayoung?

 

A beautiful, familiar-looking  girl stepped out, and Chanyeol stiffened.

 

“This is Byun Hayoung, my roommate,” Minah introduced. “And I’m sure you already know, but this is Park Chanyeol.”

 

“Hello, Chanyeol,” Hayoung smiled widely. Chanyeol did not respond.

 

Minah looked at the tall boy. “Chanyeol?”

 

He did not respond, but turned around, opened the door, and walked out. He did not even bother to close the door.

 

“What the heck?” Minah wondered out loud.

 

“I don’t know…” Hayoung said, shrugging her shoulders.

 

“Maybe you were so pretty that he lost his words,” Minah assumed, smiling uncertainly.

 

“Well, my mother always told me that I was beautiful enough to knock a man speechless,” Hayoung shrugged. “But then again, all mothers tell their daughters that they’re beautiful. She was probably just trying to make me feel good about myself,” she said humbly. “Who knows why he walked out. Maybe he remembered something he had to do.”

 

“Maybe…” Minah doubted that was the reason, but she didn’t voice out her opinions. “I’d better go after him,” she said instead. She dropped her backpack on the couch, and replaced the empty spot on her shoulders with her purse.

 

“Okay,” Hayoung nodded. “That seems sensible. See you later then!”  

 

“See you!” Minah responded.

 

“Oh, wait!” Hayoung shouted. “When you get back, you’d better update me on your status with him! I know you two worked on a project together, but you didn’t tell me that you two were that close! I want to know all the juicy details!”

 

Minah laughed. “Alright, I’ll tell you when I get back.” With that, she ran after Chanyeol.

 

It wasn’t very hard to find him. He walked in a trance-like state: it looked like he didn’t know where he was or where he was going. In addition, he moved in an excruciatingly slow manner, and his steps were wobbly and unbalanced.

 

“Chanyeol?” Minah called. She ran over to him, and looked directly at his face. “Are you okay? What happened back there?”

 

He seemed to snap out of his daze. “What?”

 

“Are you alright?”

 

“Yeah, no, I just…” Chanyeol’s voice drifted off again.

 

“Did you recognize Hayoung or something?”

 

“What? No.. I just .. My head really hurts. I feel dizzy. I don’t think I can hang out with you guys today. You go on without me, Minah. I’ve got to lie down.”

 

“Are you sure you’re okay? I can stay with you, or take you to the nurse’s office or something..”

 

“No, you should just go hang out with the guys. Go have fun,” Chanyeol replied. He looked at Minah’s uncertain face. “Really, I’m fine. Tell the guys I’m sorry that I didn’t show up today, okay? I’m gonna go back to the dorms now.”

 

“Are you really sure you don’t want me to stay and look after you?” Minah asked.

 

“Yeah. You can’t come in the male dorms anyway. It’s different when a girl enters a male room, than when a guy enters a girl’s room. Trust me. You don’t want to see my dorm.”

 

Minah cracked a smile. “Alright then. Call me if you need anything, okay?”

 

“Yeah. I’ll be sure to do so.”

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow then?”

 

“Definitely.”

 

Minah waved at Chanyeol as she left, who smiled and waved back. 

 

Minah walked through the halls, blinking and frowning in deep thought. She couldn’t shake the feeling that he had been lying to her.. Who got headaches that fast, anyway? She bit her fingernails, feeling both nervous and concerned for her friend. But for what reason would he lie to her? Why was he acting like that? Did she do something wrong? Did he recognize Hayoung? Something just seemed off, and Minah couldn’t quite put her finger on it.

 

She arrived at her destination, and saw EXO waiting. “Hello!” she shouted, racing towards them. They turned around and smiled at Minah.

 

 

Suddenly, she went sprawling. Her face greeted the hard, black cement.

 

Everyone raced over to help her up. Luhan reached her first, and pulled her to her feet.

 

“Are you okay?” asked Kai.

 

“Are you alright?” Kris leaned over to inspect the result of Minah’s fall.

 

“Noona!!!! Are you okay?!” Tao and Sehun screamed in unison.

 

“Yeah…I’m fine, guys.” Minah replied, laughing slightly in embarrassment. Inside, she felt deeply grateful that they were so concerned for her.

 

Luhan tilted her chin up, looking for injuries on her face.

 

“You’re lucky you didn’t get hurt,” he said, brushing specks of dust and gravel off her clothing.

 

“Thank you,” Minah smiled at his kind actions.

 

“No problem,” Luhan replied.

 

“Are you a hundred percent sure you’re fine, Minah?” Chen asked.

 

“Yeah, oppa. I’m fine,” Minah replied. “Thanks for being worried about me. I’m fine, guys. I just stumbled, that’s all. Oh! By the way, Chanyeol has a headache, and he says he can’t come today. He told me to tell you guys that he’s sorry.”

 

“Oh,” Baekhyun said sadly. “I hope he feels better soon.”

 

“Me too,” Minah replied.

 

“Well, we were planning on going back to my mom’s café,” Lay smiled. “The boys treat it like their second home.”

 

“More like first,” Kai snorted. “At least your mom’s café is comfortable. I feel like.. myself when I’m there. At home, I’m just performing for my parents.”

 

The boys all nodded in understanding. Minah sympathized with them. In a way, she was luckier than them. While they visited their parents every so often, Minah hadn’t been back in three years. Although she disliked the fact that they had just thrown her away to JunKang High, she was also glad that they hadn’t contacted her. The only time they ever talked to her was when they needed her to do something for her. But she was her own person, and her parents weren’t going to control her.

 

Everyone began to walk towards the café, though they made sure to stick near the bushes and trees, in case they were forced to take cover.

 

On the walk, Kris kept darting semi-concerned looks at Minah. “God, she’s so clumsy,” Kris thought. “She’s going to get herself killed or something if she keeps falling. Or she’ll break her bones. Or she’ll  trip on a ledge, and end up falling off. She might even get run over by a car. She’s so clumsy I can believe that happening. What if she trips when she’s at her dorm, and nobody’s around to help her? ” He put his hand to his mouth dramatically, imagining numerous morbid scenes. “Oh god.”

 

He stayed silent the whole walk, his mind filled with horrible scenarios of Minah dying from her apparent clumsiness. He was thinking so intensely that he failed to even notice how worried he was about this girl. Since when had he gotten so used to her company? Since when did she begin to occupy even a fraction of his thoughts?

 

 

 

“We’re here!” Tao announced happily. “Yay!”

 

“Food!” Xiumin shouted, and bolted in without thinking, just like last time. Again, the inside of the café filled up with loud and crazy screams.

 

The group repeated what they had done last time: Minah entered, and while she made her way to the stairs, the boys would enter, which would take all eyes off Minah.

 

It was a success. Minutes later, everyone was sitting comfortably upstairs, their food laid out on the table. 

 

They joked around as they ate, and at one point Suho accidentally snorted out his milk tea while laughing.

 

“Ew!” Xiumin giggled. “You’re so gross sometimes, Suho!”

 

“Hey, it’s not my fault Kai cracked such a stupid joke!” Suho protested, wiping his mouth and laughing.

 

“Okay, my joke was NOT stupid! I even have proof! Everyone laughed at it! Including you! The fact that you laughed at my stupid joke just makes you even stupider for laughing at it!”

 

This time it was Minah’s turn to snort. She waved her hands rapidly, half giggling and half coughing.

 

“Oh my. She’s almost as gross as you, Suho!” D.O laughed. He imitated Minah’s snorting noise, and everyone began to laugh.

 

“At least she’s being herself,” Sehun said happily.

 

"Yup," the boys all nodded.

 

 

When everyone finished their food, Baekhyun stood up. All eyes were on him.

 

“I have something to say, guys. It involves Minah. Ahem.” He cleared his throat. “She… DIDN’T SING FOR US YET!!!!!”

 

 

 

-----------------------------

 

 

LOL CRAPPY CHAPTER SORRY. I was going to continue it (because the good part happens next) but the whole thing ended up being REAAAALLYYYYY long. So I cut it off here.

 

AL;SDJFL;KASDJ EXO COMEBACK. I SAW THE TEASER THIS MORNING. TOO BAD I WAS SLEEPING WHEN SM RELEASED IT. BUT I SAW IT LIKE AN HOUR LATER I WAS SO HAPPY OMG. SO HOT *___*

 

tumblr_inline_mjjuakLrMb1qz4rgp.gif

 

I feel like there’s so much growling though, that the whole thing just becomes kind of lame and silly. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE EXO, but the teaser wasn’t exactly the greatest. Still though. I CAN’T WAIT FOR THE FULL MV AND THE ALBUM YESSSS. ONLY ONE MORE WEEK OF WAITING. 

 

tumblr_magxzkraBH1qf6b8ho1_500.gif

 

 

 

tumblr_mn8slv1J1v1qlpdfwo4_250.gif   

 

tumblr_mn8slv1J1v1qlpdfwo1_250.gif

 

tumblr_mn8zqkTwHw1qgiqovo3_250.gif

 

tumblr_mn8zqkTwHw1qgiqovo2_250.gif

 

tumblr_mn8slv1J1v1qlpdfwo2_250.gif

 

tumblr_mn8zqkTwHw1qgiqovo1_250.gif

 

tumblr_mn8slv1J1v1qlpdfwo3_250.gif

 

tumblr_mn8zqkTwHw1qgiqovo8_250.gif

 

tumblr_mn8zqkTwHw1qgiqovo5_250.gif

 

tumblr_mn9kzqRmPA1rceegyo1_500.gif

 

tumblr_mn924dAc1Y1s1vggpo1_500.gif

 

tumblr_mn97m1QzMp1snhjj3o1_500.gif

 

 

 

tumblr_m4c8l2X8Zr1rrtthmo1_500.gif

 

 

 

K. I shall continue writing next chapter now. LOL I'm on a roll right now. So inspired and motivated to write atm. Or maybe it's just because I'm writing a good part now LOL.