Phone Number

Stop Messing With My Head!

 

 

The tutoring went very smoothly. Kris was a great tutor, so Minah learned quickly. Obviously, they were unable to cover every single section, for there was too much, but Minah felt confident about the exam. Even if she didn’t receive an A on the test, Minah knew that she’d still be satisfied with whatever grade she’d receive. She had improved so much in so little time!

 

“Thank you, Kris,” Minah said for the millionth time. “Thank you so much!”

 

“No problem,” he replied, smiling at the black-haired female. His first female friend. Well, excluding Hayoung, of course. She didn’t count. Hayoung had never been EXO’s friend. She just simply…. controlled them.

 

“Are you sure you don’t want me to pay you?” Minah asked. “Are you completely positively sure?”

 

“Yeah,” Kris replied, chuckling. “Money is nothing to me. I’ve got too much of it. Well, my parents do, anyway.”

 

“Yeah, same,” Minah sighed. “Since money’s a useless trading currency, is there anything you want? Anything at all? I can get it for you.”

 

Kris pondered for a while. “Hmm…. Well, I’ve been craving Korean barbeque for a while now. I suppose if you come eat some with me, it’ll make up for our tutoring sessions! One meal per session! That means you’re coming out with me to dinner twice,” he winked and ruffled Minah’s hair. “Deal or no deal?”

 

“Deal,” Minah laughed, fixing her messed up hair. “Although it’s not much of a deal. It’s like I’m the only one gaining from all this! I’d love to eat dinner with you.”

 

“Glad to hear it,” the tall boy smiled. “How’s Saturday?”

 

Minah shook her head. “Saturday’s no good. I’m working on a song project with Chanyeol.”

 

“Sunday then?” he suggested.

 

Minah tapped her chin. “I dunno. I’ll have to see. If Chanyeol and I get enough done, I think I can do Sunday. If not, though, we’ll probably have to continue working on Sunday. What about Friday night? Tomorrow?”

 

“I can’t do tomorrow,” Kris replied. “I have to take my brother to the airport.”

 

“You have a brother?” Minah asked, her eyes wide with surprise.

 

“Yeah. He’s fifteen, so he can’t drive yet. My parents aren’t in the country, either. So I’m the only one who can take him.”

 

“Ohh,” Minah nodded. “Dang! A brother.. I never knew you had one before.”

 

“Now you do,” he grinned. “What about you? Any siblings?”

 

“Nah, it’s just me,” Minah responded.

 

“I see,” Kris said simply. “So, Sunday then? If you’re free?”

 

“Yeah, definitely,” Minah smiled.

 

“Okay, well text me if you need any more help tonight. And tell me ASAP if you’re free on Sunday.”

 

“Will do. Oh! But I don’t have your number!” Minah remembered.

 

Kris smacked himself in the forehead. “Ah, silly me! That’s what I forgot!” he smiled and extended his arm towards Minah. “Phone, please. I’ll add myself to your contacts list.”

 

Minah handed over her phone obediently.

 

Kris’s eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets. “Dang! You only have 5 contacts! Taeyeon, Junhyun, Mom, Dad, and Chanyeol!”

 

“Yep,” Minah laughed. “I’m a loner, remember?”

 

“Well you’re one step closer to being a … what’s an antonym for loner?”

 

“Popular?” Minah suggested. "I dont know. Famous?" 

 

“You’re one step closer to being popular!” he grinned. “Now you have 6 contacts. Soon, you’ll have 16! I’ll tell the guys to give you their numbers, too. I don’t know why we didn’t trade numbers earlier. We just always tell Chanyeol to pass messages on to you. He’s like our messenger boy.”

 

“He won’t be too happy to hear about that,” Minah giggled. “Oh! It’s getting late, I think we should get going. Maybe I can cram some studying into my schedule tonight!”

 

“Oh yeah, you’re right,” Kris responded. “It’s pretty late now.”

 

“Yeah,” Minah agreed. “So, I’ll text you if I need help with anything. Thanks again!”

 

“No problem,” he replied. “Do you want me to walk you back to your dorm?”

 

“That’s okay, it’s really close,” Minah replied. “I can manage.”

 

Kris nodded. “Okay, well see you tomorrow then! Don’t forget about our dinner date!”

 

“See you! And I won’t!” Minah waved a final time and left.

 

 

“Dinner date, huh?” Kris collapsed onto the couch and smiled. “I hope she does well on tomorrow’s test…”

 

 

 

It was midnight. Minah was dressed in her pajamas, preparing to go to sleep. She turned her bedroom light off and snuggled into her sheets.

 

And then her phone buzzed.

 

Minah sighed and reached for her phone. “It better not be one of those spam calls..” she thought grumpily.

 

It turned out to be a text from Chanyeol. Minah forgot her crankiness and smiled. The light from her phone seemed to illuminate the room with a white light, and Minah cringed against the sudden burst of light. She lowered the brightness and checked her messages.

 

“Hey, are you alive?! You didn’t respond to any of my texts! Was Baekhyun right after all? Did Kris you?! Omygod!!”

 

 

Minah giggled softly at his silly message. But.. what did he mean by ‘any of my texts’? She scrolled through her inbox, and discovered three other unread messages. Oops. Two were from Chanyeol, and one was from Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon’s message read, “Prepare to tell me everything that happened today at Kris’s dorm! I want all the juicy details!! ;) ”

 

For some reason, Minah felt a smile creep up on her face. You got it, hon!” she replied. We mostly just did math, though. Not much that you’ll find ‘exciting’!”

 

Chanyeol’s messages were a little more intense. The first message was sent right afterschool, when they had been texting. The message contained a phone number, probably Kris’s. She’d have to check later, just in case.

 

The second message read, “Did you find him? Did he find you? It’s been an hour and you haven’t responded yet! :O ”

 

And then there was the third, which had been sent five minutes ago. There was also a missed call from him.

 

“Oh! I’m so sorry! I forgot to respond, and I didn’t know you texted me again! Yeah, I found him. Well, he found me. He grabbed me from a bush! I freaked out so badly, haha. I thought he was a kidnapper or something! Nothing happened, don’t worry! Kris wouldn’t do something like that :\ ”

 

Minah stared at the ceiling for a few minutes, not knowing if Chanyeol was awake or not.

 

Her phone buzzed a minute later, as Minah was drifting off to sleep, and she grabbed the phone lazily.

 

Oh, the message said. Minah could almost imagine him sighing in relief and nodding hastily. That’s good. I was so worried. Don’t do that to me, girl! And you never know… Kris is still a man!”

 

“What does being a man have to do with anything? It’s obvious he’s a guy o_o You say it like it’s supposed to mean something. And sorry… hehe. I’ll try not to do that again!”

 

“Yeah, please don’t! I don’t want to get a heart attack. I’m only 18 years old! And nevermind, Minah. You’re hopeless hahahah!! You should go to sleep now. It’s late. Girls need their beauty sleep.”

 

Minah tapped at the buttons on her screen. Well, yeah, I was trying to sleep before you texted me! Your fault if I look like a raccoon tomorrow!” She hit ‘send’, and continued to type another message.

 

“And hey! What did you mean by hopeless?!  >:(    Well you’re…. freaky! You and your creepy smile!”

 

“Hey! You know you love my smile ~ & I’m not very interested in seeing you turn into a raccoon. Come to school tomorrow as your regular, pretty human self! Don’t turn into an animal, please! Goodnight!”

 

Minah smiled at his silliness. He had by taking her words literally. “goodnight! she responded.

 

Then, Minah quickly memorized the phone number that Chanyeol had texted her.  She opened her Contacts folder and compared it with Kris’s number. It was the same, alright, but Minah let out a small gasp when she saw what Kris had put his contact name as:

 

Minah’sFavoriteHotGuyKrisWu<3

 

“That cocky little…!” she thought, laughing to herself. She didn’t bother to change the contact name, though. Instead, she hit a button on her phone, and sent him a text.

 

“Good luck on tomorrow’s (today’s) exam!  she wrote.

 

A few moments later, her phone buzzed in reply.

 

“You too! Good luck :) I’m sure you’ll do fine. You should sleep now, it’s getting late! Don’t come to school looking like the grudge girl!”
 

Minah nearly laughed out loud reading his text. She could feel a big goofy grin plastered on her face.

 

“yeah, I was just about to sleep!” she wrote. “Goodnight!”

 

“Goodnight.”