Turning Point

Stop Messing With My Head!

Okay umm. I made a mistake. This isn’t the good part. YET.  LOL SORRY!! I know I promised some of you guys that the good part would be coming next chapter (which is this chapter)… but I didn’t realize that this next part was so long. So umm… THE GOOD PART IS NEXT CHAPTER LOLS!! SORRY  ! ITS NOT MY FAULT!! I DIDN’T SEE THAT THE FIRST PART WAS 8 PAGES LONG. I should’ve just connected this part to chapter 9. It would’ve ended up being 17 pages but oh wells. Q ^ Q Sorry~~~ Forgive me! I’ll update chapter 11 ASAP.

 

tumblr_ls03l5I9v11qip43j.gif

 

-----------------------------

 

 

Baekhyun stood up. “I have something to say, guys. It involves Minah. Ahem.” He cleared his throat. “She… DIDN’T SING FOR US YET!!!!!”

 

Minah gasped. She had totally forgotten!

 

“I’ve already seen the video of her performing,” Baekhyun moaned. “And it was awesome! But I wanted to be the first one to hear her sing! The first!” He stomped his feet, like a child, and pouted.

 

“Yeah, I saw it too! It was amazing!” Chen smiled. “I felt so honored to have our song get covered by her. It sounded so pretty!”

 

“Yes, but that’s not the point!” Baekhyun cried. “The point is that she said she’d sing for us! And she didn’t yet!”

 

“I totally forgot!! I’m so sorry!” She bowed hastily. “I’m so sorry!”

 

Baekhyun looked shocked. “Omo! Why are you bowing, for heavens sake?!”

 

Minah stopped mid-bow. She lifted her eyes.  “You’re not mad at me?”

 

He raised his eyebrows. “Of course I’m mad! But you don’t have to bow for that. I’m not some kind of god. I won’t blast you for forgetting or anything.”

 

Minah straightened her back, blushing furiously. “Oh.”

 

Baekhyun tried to remain angry, but he found that he couldn’t stay angry at Minah, not when she was acting so embarrassed. The fact that she was genuinely sorry just made her so adorable. “Tell you what,” he said, a smile playing at his lips. “I’ll forgive you. But only if you sing the song right now. A live performance!”

 

Minah’s mouth dropped. “Right now?”

 

“Yep.” Baekhyun smiled evilly. “Right now.”

 

“But.. What if the girls downstairs hear? They’ll know I’m up here.”

 

“They can’t hear anything,” Lay replied. “If they could, then they’d know everything we were talking about. Plus, they’re too loud. We won’t be heard above their own noisy conversations.”

 

She tried again. “But.. Chanyeol’s not here! I can’t rap by myself!”

 

“Just sing your own parts. Don’t worry about it. We’ve all heard him sing a million times, anyway. ” Baekhyun grinned. “Do you want me to forgive you or not?”

 

Kai, Tao, and Luhan began to chant. “Minah! Minah! Minah! Minah!” All the other boys began to join in. “Minah! Minah! Minah! Minah!”

 

Minah  pursed her lips and sighed. “Fine.. I’ll sing… What about music, though?”

 

“Not a problem,” Baekhyun replied. “I’ve got the song on my phone.” He scrolled through his cell, and the familiar tune began to pour out of the phone. “Go!”

 

Minah took a deep breath and looked around at the expectant boys. She smiled shyly, stood up, and prepared to sing. “It can’t be much harder than performing inside a classroom. No, in fact, this is better. We’re outside. I don’t have to worry about maintaining a set volume. And there are less people. This is completely fine. Better.”  Her hands grew clammy from nervousness, but her mind eased down.

 

Chanyeol normally sang the first part of the song, but since he was not here, Minah just waited for that specific part to skip. When the second part of the first verse arrived, she opened and began to sing.

 

Minah looked around, her eyes connecting with Suho’s. He gave her a warm smile, and she couldn’t help but smile back at him when she finished singing her part. Now it was Chanyeol’s part again...

 

Suddenly, the silence was broken. An angelic male voice rang through the air. Minah turned in astonishment. That voice was so familiar!

 

Baekhyun grinned at Minah.

 

Tao leaned over to Suho and whispered, “How does Baekhyun know the lyrics to Minah’s song?”

 

“Remember? He, Chen, Luhan, and Chanyeol wrote it,” Suho whispered back.

 

Still letting the smooth words flow from his mouth, Baekhyun handed his cellphone to Lay, who handed it to Kris. Kris gave Lay a pointed look, but Lay the phone at him again, so the EXO-M leader had no choice to take it from the shorter boy. Lay raised his empty hands to his mouth and began to beatbox.

 

At this point, the boys were all overcome with an urge to join in. Kai began to dance, Chen and Luhan acted as background singers, D.O, Xiumin, and Sehun hummed along, Suho and Tao began to waltz around with each other.

 

Even Kris was clapping his hands and humming to the beat. He hummed in a deep voice, serving as a bass sound.

 

When Minah finished, everyone clapped loudly for her. She curtsied in a silly manner. “Thank you, thank you!” she cried dramatically.

 

The boys all gave her a thumbs up sign.

 

 

“That was great, mei mei!” Lay smiled, flashing his adorable dimple.

 

Minah shook her head. “Not as great as your beatboxing, though! I never knew you could do that!”

 

He looked at her shyly. “Well, Chanyeol’s better at it than I am…”

 

Minah gaped at him. “You’re kidding. Chanyeol can beatbox too? Is there anything you boys can’t do? Seriously!” She laughed and clapped her hands. “So cool!”

 

Baekhyun smiled at Minah. “You were totally made to sing alongside me. Our voices match so perfectly! You absolutely HAVE to sing with me again.”

 

“I know!” Tao cried. “Let’s go to karaoke!”

 

The boys all nodded vigorously. Minah smiled as she considered that idea. Karaoke! She hadn’t been to a karaoke place in over a year. It sounded like a lot of fun.

 

“I can’t go today,” Chen frowned. “I have to go in an hour.”

 

“Me too,” Luhan said. “Some other time, maybe? When we’re all free?”

 

The boys all looked at each other, and then at Minah.

 

“I’m up for it,” she smiled. “Anytime you guys are free.”

 

“Yay!” Baekhyun fisted the air in glee. “Karaoke with Minah! Woohoo!”

 

 

 

Like last time, when it was time to go, the boys were unable to walk her back to her dorm. Again, they apologized, and Minah assured them that it was okay. She split from the group, and returned home alone.

 

The boys were also walking back in the direction of their dorms.

 

“Hey,” Suho suddenly broke the silence. The boys all turned to him. “Hmm?”

 

“Do you think Minah still gets bullied?” he asked quietly. “It’s hard to tell, since she always appears so cheerful.”

 

“She’s strong,” D.O agreed. “Most girls would at least cry about it. I haven’t seen her cry yet.”

 

“I haven’t been hearing any rumors about her lately,” Kai announced.

 

Lay shook his head sadly. “We promised her that we’d stick up for her, and protect her. But we didn’t even do that,” he said. “It’s been a few weeks since we told her that.”

 

“Don’t beat yourself up over that,” Chen said softly, patting Lay on the back. “You don’t have any classes with her anyway, so you can’t save her from the bullies. Plus, we agreed that we’d act like we don’t know her at school. We have to respect her decisions. If she wanted us to help her, she’d have asked.”

 

“Chen’s right,” Sehun said wisely. “Noona is a strong girl. If we helped her, and she didn’t ask for it, it’d give off the vibe that we don’t think she can take care of herself. I don’t want her to hate us… She doesn’t want our help, so we can’t do anything about it.”

 

Kris stepped forward. “You guys are all overthinking. The fact that she showed up today and hung out with us means something, don’t you guys think? If she didn’t like us then she wouldn’t have come. And the bullying has stopped. At most, they just glare at her once in a while. Nobody abuses her anymore, thank goodness. It was so hard for me to keep still. I just wanted to stand up and do something about those bullies. But things will be normal again soon.”

 

“You?” Xiumin asked, bewildered. “You wanted to help her? Of all people? You?”

 

Kris flushed slightly. “Well who else could I be talking about? I don’t know. She’s not that bad. Anyhow, I can’t stand watching someone I know get tortured.”

 

Kai whistled. “Overprotective Kris strikes again.”

 

“Daddy’s back!” Tao teased.

 

Lay laughed. “It’s been a while since you’ve been like that, Kris.”

 

After a long silence, Kris opened his mouth to speak. “… Yeah.” The Chinese man replied. “I can’t help it.”

 

Suho smiled warmly and reached up to ruffle his hair. It was a very strange sight indeed, since their height difference was so off. “Aigoo. You look like a brute, but you’re just a big baby inside.”

 

“Shut up!” Kris hissed.

 

D.O chuckled. “And immature, it would seem!”

 

“You shush too!” Kris whirled on D.O

 

The boys held up their hands in surrender, laughing. “Woah there. Calm down, boy.”

 

“Whatever,” Kris mumbled, the blush evident on his face.

 

The boys all continued walking, and parted when they reached their respective dorms.

 

 

 

 

 

A week passed. During that time, Hayoung transferred out of the only class she shared with Minah: first period, AP Chemistry. Well, she was still taking AP Chemistry, just with a different teacher and a different period now.

 

Minah sat in Literature, staring at the board blankly while the teacher discussed the short stories in their textbook. 

 

Although it was probably just her being paranoid, Minah could’ve sworn that Myungsoo was looking at her more lately. Ever since that day she had caught him staring at her during the literature test, she began to take notice of him more and more.

 

Minah turned to look at the clock, which was located on the side of the room, and her eyes locked with Myungsoo’s instantly. Minah quickly noted the time, and twisted her torso back to the front.

 

When the bell, everyone bolted towards the door.

 

Five minutes later, Minah entered her dorm. She was greeted by Hayoung, whose sixth period was now located right next to the dorms. So now, Hayoung always arrived at the dorm earlier than Minah.

 

“Hey, Minah!” Hayoung smiled. “How was your day?”

 

“Hey Hayoung! Eh.. It was alright. You?”

 

“Mine is so boring; now that my schedule’s all scrambled, and I don’t know anyone in my classes.” She sighed. “I miss being in Chemistry with you. Writing secret notes with you was fun.”

 

“Yeah, it was,” Minah agreed, smiling at the memories. After the chemistry teacher had scolded the two girls, they made sure not to talk to each other loudly. However, whenever Mr. Lee had turned his back, the two girls passed notes to each other. In a way, it was their way of being rebellious.

 

As a result, though, Minah was now falling behind in Chemistry as well as Calculus.

 

Hayoung groaned as she sat down on the couch. “My shoulder… All those darned books are making it sore.” She leaned back and closed her eyes. “I think I’ll take a nap or something. I’m feeling a bit tired.”

 

“Yeah, you look tired,” Minah noted. “Have you been getting enough sleep?”

 

“Yeah,” Hayoung replied. “I think it’s just because of all the stress. I chose some really difficult classes this year.”

 

Minah nodded sympathetically, and was about to reply, when her phone began to buzz.

 

 

“Free today?” the text said. “If you are, hang out with us.”

 

“Sure,” Minah replied. “Same time, same spot?”

 

“Same time same spot. If you’re not here in ten minutes then we’re leaving without you~!”

 

 

“Hey, I’m gonna go out today,” Minah said to Hayoung.

 

She opened her eyes and lifted her head off the couch. “Again?”

 

“Yeah, Taeyeon wants to hang out again,” Minah lied. The person that had texted her wasn’t Taeyeon, but Chanyeol.

 

“Alright, have fun!” Hayoung smiled.

 

“I will,” Minah returned the smile. “Enjoy your nap!” She set her phone on the table to pick up her purse. She dropped her wallet inside and then walked over to the restroom. Minah pinned up a few loose strands of her black hair, since they were irritating her eyes, and left the dorm. 

 

As she was walking, Minah let her mind wander. She found herself thinking about Chanyeol. Ever since she had introduced him to Hayoung, he’d started to act strangely. This was the fourth day in a row that he’d asked if she wanted to hang out with EXO. Usually, she only hung out with them once or twice a week, which was totally fine by her. If she went out too much, her grades would definitely drop, and Minah couldn’t risk that. In addition, she always felt like an intruder when she hung out with the boys. Of course, she loved to be with them, but it still felt strange at times. After all, they had known each other since they were children, and now they were suddenly letting a newcomer in.

 

Halfway to their meeting spot, Minah realized that she had left her phone behind. She turned around, groaning loudly, and ran back to the dorm. She took out her keys and fitted into the keyhole, but there was no click. Wow. She had forgotten to lock the door earlier! Thank goodness she had returned… otherwise her dorm would’ve been vulnerable to intruders… though no one ever entered a dorm without permission. She twisted the doorknob of the unlocked door, and sure enough, it swung open without a sound. Minah walked over to the table, where she thought her cellphone would be, but it was not there.

 

“Hmm. Strange,” Minah murmured to herself. She must’ve left it in the bathroom then.

 

It was not there either.

 

She searched in her room, but she couldn’t find her cellphone anywhere.

 

Minah walked over to Hayoung’s room. Maybe Hayoung had seen it somewhere… Before Minah could knock, she accidentally overheard a fraction of her roommate’s conversation. Minah froze in her tracks when she heard what was going on. Her hands began to tremble.

 

What.

The.

Hell.

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------

 

DUN DUN DUN. I wonder what the heck she heard? Well, I know . BUT YOU GUYS DON’T HAHA. ers. 

 

tumblr_loykd4GPTc1qj60veo1_400.gif

 

tumblr_ltkk5ndVeJ1qjz3n7.gif      tumblr_m4tlj1qTuq1rnbgma.gif