Karaoke

Stop Messing With My Head!

 

 

Music class passed smoothly, and so did Classical Literature. Well, Myungsoo shot Minah a few strange looks, but that was about it.

 

The moment school ended, Minah’s phone began to buzz. It was a text from Kris! She grinned and eagerly opened the text message.

 

“Karaoke can happen today, guys! My brother found someone else to take him! I can go! Text back if you’re down to go today!”

 

Minah smiled and texted Kris back. “Yay! Karaoke!”

 

Around five minutes later, Kris texted Minah back. “Seems like everyone’s down to go today. Well, everyone from EXO, anyway. Taeyeon and Junhyun are yours, Minah.”

 

Minah called Taeyeon and Junhyun, and both were completely giddy when they received the messages.

 

“They can come,Minah texted Kris.

 

He replied back within moments. “Great! Everyone can go! Do you all know where Zion market is? The karaoke place is just across the street from it. It’s only a five minute walk, so don’t worry, guys. See you all there in five minutes!”

 

 

The downside of attending Junkang high was that students didn’t use their cars. It was against the rules for students to park their cars in the school’s parking lot. Hence, everyone always walked to their destinations.

 

Minah texted Taeyeon and Junhyun. The three met up and walked together. Minutes later, the trio arrived, and reunited with the boys. Five were still missing, but they eventually showed up after a little while.

 

When everyone was present, Suho clapped his hands together for attention.

 

“Now that we’re all here,” he smiled widely and pumped his fist into the air. “Let’s go!!!”

 

Everyone whooped in unison. Fifteen teenagers burst through the doors, shocking the karaoke workers horribly.

 

“Fifteen people, please!” Chanyeol shouted.

 

Xiumin swatted him on the shoulder. “We’re not ORDERING fifteen people, dummy! You can’t say ‘fifteen people, please’!! We ARE fifteen people!”

 

“That’s not right, either!” Tao scolded his hyungs. “We’re not fifteen people each! We’re made up of fifteen people!!”

 

Kris facepalmed himself and strolled over to Tao. “That’s not right either, Tao… You’re saying the same thing as Xiumin, just worded differently! We’re a GROUP consisting of fifteen people! Or we’re a party of fifteen!” He sighed. “Come on, guys! It’s simple grammar!”

 

“Well, sorry, Grammar King,” Kai retorted.

 

Meanwhile, Lay approached the stunned workers and flashed a dimple. He rubbed the back of his neck and laughed nervously. “Sorry..” he apologized softly. “They’re a bit hyper. We have fifteen people in our party.”

 

One of the workers, a middle-aged woman, smiled back at Lay awkwardly. “It’s okay, honey,” she replied. “how long do you want the room for?”

 

“Um, we’re not sure,” he answered honestly. “We’ve never come here altogether before. Can we pay afterwards, when we finish?”

 

“Sure thing,” the woman replied. “Follow me, dears.” She began to walk down a hall, and directed everyone to a large room.

 

“Enjoy,” she smiled and left. Instantly, the room was filled with screaming.

 

“Karaoke!!” Xiumin and Luhan whooped. Luhan took Sehun’s hands in his, and began to whirl him around. Sehun cast a glance at Minah, who was laughing with Taeyeon and Junhyun, before he focused on Luhan again. The two boys giggled as they spun each other around.

 

“So, what should we sing first?!” Baekhyun shouted. Nobody seemed to hear him, so he raised a microphone to his mouth and repeated his words. “What should we sing first?!”

 

The boys all looked at Baekhyun for a moment, thought, and immediately began to chant. “Minah!!! Minah!! MINAH!!”

 

Minah waved her hands in front of her, desperate to make them stop. “No, no!” she blushed. “I can’t! It’s too early! Someone else go before me!” She took a step back, but Junhyun and Taeyeon pushed her back forward so that she was in the center again. Someone a microphone into her hands.

 

“Payback for not singing for us earlier,” Taeyeon grinned. “You’ve gotta sing now!”

 

“Sing! Sing! Sing!” everyone chanted.

 

Minah’s face grew hotter.  ‘Looks like there’s no getting out of this one,’  she thought.  

 

“Um,” she mumbled. “Can someone sing with me? Luhan? D.O? One of you two, maybe? Or Baekhyun?”

 

The chanting instantly ceased, but the boys began to scream and chatter excitedly amongst themselves again, which didn’t really make a difference.

 

“Um, I-- ” D.O raised his hand and began to speak, but Baekhyun’s shout completely overpowered the poor wide eyed boy.

 

“I will!!!” Baekhyun screamed. “I’ll sing with you!”

 

“Rock paper scissors!” D.O challenged, stretching out his fist.

 

Baekhyun shook his head and grinned at the wide-eyed boy. “No. I’m singing with Minah.”

 

“Rock paper scissors!” D.O insisted.

 

After much persuasion, Baekhyun finally agreed, and the two battled for the duet spot.

 

D.O won. He snatched the microphone away and laughed victoriously. “I won!!” he shouted, grinning. “I won!!” He stuck his tongue out at Baekhyun childishly, who snorted.

 

“First the worst, second the best,” Baekhyun shot back.

 

D.O’s face seemed to crumble.

 

“Aw, don’t be such a sore loser! Just cause you lost!” Kai laughed, putting a protective arm over D.O’s shoulder. “Kyungsoo won fair and square!”

 

“Yeah, whatever,” Baekhyun mumbled. But he smiled at D.O to show that he meant no offense and that he was just teasing.

 

 

D.O smiled back at Baekhyun, his face lighting up again. He turned to Minah. “So! What are we singing?”

 

“Hmm…” Minah hummed. She opened the karaoke book and began to flip through the pages. “What about… this?” She pointed at a title. “I like this song!”

 

D.O squinted at the tiny words in the book. “Oh! I like this song, too! Let’s do it!”

 

They pressed some buttons on the remote control, and the song soon began to play.

 

Minah and D.O sang their hearts out, wowing everyone in the room. When they finished, everyone clapped loudly.

 

“Your turn, Taeyeon!” Minah shouted, pulling her friend into the center. “Junhyun, you’re next! Sing with one of the guys, Taeyeon!”

 

“What?” dropped. “N-No, I couldn’t…”

 

“I’ll sing with you, too!” D.O offered,a big smile plastered on his face. He was really enjoying all of the attention, and he also loved to sing. He picked a song that both he and Taeyeon knew, and patted her on the arm. “It’s okay, we won’t judge! Just have fun!”

 

“O-Okay,” Taeyeon managed a small smile. She opened and began to sing, although rather hesitantly at first. Gradually, she grew more confident, and at the end she began totally engrossed in the song.

 

Taeyeon wasn’t half bad! Everyone clapped for her when she finished.

 

“Your turn!” Taeyeon shouted at her boyfriend.

 

Junhyun sang with Baekhyun, who didn’t seem to mind that he was singing a love song with another boy. Junhyun, however, looked like he was about to faint the entire time.

 

The minutes soon turned to hours. Everyone sang to their heart’s content, and some boys even beatboxed, danced, and rapped.

 

It was definitely an awesome day.

 

When it was time to go, five hours had already passed. They had only actually performed for the first three hours, and just spent the other two conversing.

 

“We’re going to have to pay so much!” Sehun gasped. “Fifteen people…and five hours here!” He began to count on his fingers. “So much money!”

 

“Aigoo, you think too much,” Suho laughed. “Money shouldn’t be an issue for us, Sehun. We’ll be okay.”

 

“Anyhow, kids should not be worrying about money problems!” Chen teased. “Our little baby~ Just leave it all to your hyungs!”

 

“I’m not a baby!” Sehun protested.

 

“You are to us!” Luhan laughed, ruffling Sehun’s hair. “Baby ~ “

 

“Well you’re an…an old grandpa!” Sehun retorted.

 

Luhan looked at him calmly, and then burst into laughter. “Okay! I’m an old grandpa!” he agreed. “And you’re a baby!”

 

“Baby!!” Xiumin cooed.

 

“Baby!” Tao echoed.

 

Sehun looked over at Tao. “Hey! You’re a baby, too! You’re not much older than I am!”

 

Tao and Sehun began to bicker over who was the most childlike between them two.

 

“It’s like watching two kids fight over the toys on the playground,” D.O whispered to Kai, who burst out laughing. “They look like they’re about to cry.”

 

When they finished, Minah stood up. “Um,” she said. “I’d like to say something before we leave.”

 

All fourteen of them turned their attention to Minah.

 

“I just wanted to say..” she cleared . “Thank you. Thank you for being my friends. All of you. I never really knew what the term “family” meant until I met Taeyeon and Junhyun, and now… twelve more of you have joined. I feel really happy to be close with all of you. And.. I will try harder to be braver in the future! I’ll try to stand up for myself more…! Thank you all for everything! I hope we can remain friends forever!” Minah bowed deeply at everyone.

 

“Cheers!” Chanyeol shouted, lifting up and imaginary glass.

 

“Cheers!” everyone else cried, grinning and pretending to clink wine glasses together. Then they all clapped.

 

“Well said, Minah!” Kai grinned. “Friends forever!”

 

“Friends forever!” Kris repeated, smiling widely. “Forever.”

 

Minah’s heart began to pound a little bit faster. Everyone was so kind…

 

“Continue to work hard in the future!” Lay smiled.

 

“I’m so touched,” Taeyeon sniffed and pretended to wipe away a tear. “That was so beautiful..!”

 

“We’ll be friends for all of eternity!” Junhyun shouted. “best friends forever!!”

 

“Yeeeah!” everyone shouted together.

 

Minah smiled widely. She felt so blessed to have everyone. Not only did she have Taeyeon and Junhyun, but she had EXO as well. She knew that they’d be there for her no matter what.

 

They were a family. They were one.

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________

 

 

 

Whooo! Sorry for the late update :O  Hope you guys enjoyed it ! I didn't edit it.. so please tell me if there are any errors ( there should be a lot LOL ) 

 

Also, I'm FINALLY continuing my B.A.P story You Are Not Alone (<-- clicky, clicky) !! Yay! I haven't updated that since April LOL It's already July -.- I've got a lot of work to do ahah.