A Note, the Tutor, and Food

Stop Messing With My Head!

 

I had no idea what to put for Main Image... soooo.. poster it is ! :3 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

“Good afternoon, you two,” Ms. Ji-Eun greeted as Chanyeol and Minah burst into class, giggling. She smiled approvingly. The two seemed to fit each other rather well.

 

“Good afternoon, Ms. Ji-Eun!” Minah and Chanyeol chorused. The teacher chuckled and gestured to their seats. Minah and Chanyeol sat down, not noticing the sharp glares and stares from jealous students.

 

Class began smoothly. The young and beautiful teacher handed out a stack of papers to her pupils, who began passing it to each other. The students purposely skipped Minah, but Chanyeol took an extra one for her.

 

It was another group song project! Minah and Chanyeol instantly looked at each other and grinned. They had already chosen their partners.

 

“For those of you who don’t like to read, I’ll briefly go over your assignment. Basically, I will be providing you a tune, which I will pass out in a minute. You and your partner will compose lyrics that you feel match this tune, and will perform it in two weeks. Simple enough, yes?”

 

The class nodded, and Ms. Ji-Eun smiled. She took out a stack of CDs and began to pass them to the class. “Here is the tune. Now, after we finish up with the song project, we’ll begin studying an instrument: the piano. I hope you’re as excited as I am!!”

 

Minah and Chanyeol bobbed their heads happily, while the rest of the class seemed to nod without much enthusiasm.

 

“I’ll give you fifteen minutes to pair up with a person and discuss meeting details.” She sat down at her desk and watched as students began to stand up and move around to each other.

 

“Chanyeol!” Minah smiled. When do you want to meet up?”

 

“Hows today afterschool?” he asked. “We can meet at Mrs. Zhang’s café.”

 

Minah’s eyebrows scrunched together as she thought. “No, I can’t today. Kris is tutoring me in math.. It’s due in two weeks, right? What about the weekend?”

 

He raised his eyebrows. “You’re willing to give up your weekend for me?”

 

She shrugged and smiled at him. “Why not? It’s not like I do anything productive on the weekends anyways. Might as well. And we can go out to eat!”

 

His face broke out into a huge grin. “Okay!” he shouted happily. “I’d love to go out and eat!”

 

The students in the class darted disgusted looks at Minah. She blushed and quickly put her hand over Chanyeol’s mouth. “You make it sound like I just asked you on a date!”

 

“Well you kinda did hint at going out to eat… Tell me that’s not a date.” He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively at her, although he looked downright goofy.

 

Minah sighed and smiled at the silly boy. “Alright. Sure, whatever. It’s a date. Whatever you like.” She rolled her eyes playfully at him.

 

Chanyeol grinned and patted her on the head. “Told you so! Date!” 

 

The two continued to converse and joke around until Ms. Ji-Eun ordered the class to return to their normal seats. Chanyeol and Minah remained where they were, for they were already siting in the correct spots, but they closed their mouths and ceased conversation.

 

Class ended half an hour later.

 

“Have fun with Kris today,” Chanyeol winked. “Don’t get too wild!”

 

Minah’s mouth dropped. “Hey! What is that supposed to mean?!”

 

He giggled childishly. “Whatever your dirty mind thought of when I said that! See you tomorrow!”

 

“Bye,” Minah muttered, blushing slightly at her indecent thoughts of “wild”.

 

She walked into literature class, humming a happy tune to herself. She cocked her head when she noticed a piece of paper on her desk. Had someone left it there by accident? She looked closer, and saw her name on it. It was a note to her. Minah picked the paper up and unfolded it.

 

 

 

tumblr_mp1hkqZ01I1ssknfzo1_500.png

 

 

 

There was no name on the note. Who was the sender? Minah looked around, and instantly made eye contact with Myungsoo. Of course. It was probably either him or one of his buddies. Minah didn’t think much of it. She shrugged her shoulders and slid the note into her binder. It was just an empty threat. She passed it off as nothing, and focused on the lecture. She heard an impatient hiss behind her; a sign that Myungsoo was irritated. Perhaps he had been expecting her to tremble with fear?

 

Minah stifled a laugh. There was no way she’d do that, not here anyway. Not when the threat wasn’t even that real. What could he do anyway? Not much, that was for sure. Minah was no longer scared of Myungsoo. She was becoming braver.

 

The bell rang, signaling the start of class, so Minah sat down and took her ripped textbook from her bag. Then, she opened it to the correct page and began to follow along as the teacher read from it.

 

Minah ignored Myungsoo and his friends the whole period, who hissed and whispered at her the entire time. For some reason, they were trying to get her attention, but Minah knew better than to turn her head.

 

The bell finally rang after what seemed like hours. Minah held her head high as she strode out of the classroom briskly. Once outside, she began her journey to the café. A few minutes later, she reached it, and flung the door open, though not harshly.

 

“Hello, dear!” Lay’s mother called.

 

“Hello, Mrs. Zhang!” Minah replied back, smiling widely. “How are you?”

 

“I’m a bit tired, but fine otherwise,” she nodded.

 

“Do you want me to help you out?” Minah offered graciously. “You could take a rest if you’d like.”

 

Lay’s mother laughed, a sweet tinkling sound. “Oh, no, dear, that won’t be necessary. You go on up. Kris is already there, waiting for you.”

 

“Oh! I’ll see you later then, Mrs. Zhang! Call me if you need any help!”

 

“I will dear, thank you,” she replied as Minah sprinted up the stairs. “Be careful on those stairs!”

 

“Okay!” Minah replied, her voice fading away as she continued to run higher and higher. Lay’s mother chuckled and got back to work. She suddenly heard thumping noises on the stairs again, and the sound grew louder and louder.

 

Minah’s head popped out again. “Can I also order some food?” she asked shyly.

 

Lay’s mother smiled at the young girl. “Of course. What would you like? I’ll inform the cook.”

 

Minah pursed her lips in thought. “Hmm.. How about.. Two large milk teas, with boba, and some popcorn chicken?”

 

“Got it,” Mrs. Zhang smiled.

 

Minah took out her wallet. “Here you go,” she said as she handed over a few bills.

 

Lay’s mother put her hands up. “Oh no no no. It’s okay. No charge.”

 

Minah raised her eyebrows. “What?”

 

“I’m not charging you,” Lay’s mother explained, smiling. “You are my son’s friend, after all, and so is Kris. There’s no need to pay!”

 

Minah smiled and bowed. “Thank you!”

 

“No problem,” Mrs. Zhang replied. “Now, go on up. You don’t want to keep him waiting, do you? Someone will bring the food up later. Go on.”

 

“Thank you,” Minah said again. She darted up the stairs once more.

 

 

 

“Sorry I’m a little late!” Minah cried as she flew up the stairs. “I was talking to Mrs. Zhang!” Minah ran over to the couches and sat down next to Kris. She looked up at him and froze. He looked … different today.

 

“No problem,” Kris replied.  He pushed his glasses up and took out a textbook. “Shall we get started?”

 

Ah. So that’s what it was. He was wearing glasses. He looked… handsome with them.

 

 

 

561318_505264472871275_1370368080_n.jpg

 

 

 

Minah bobbed her head up and down. “Yes please. She took out her own textbook and set it down on the table.

 

“Now, you know the easy stuff, right? Your trig functions? Cosine, sin, tangent, secant, all of that?” Minah nodded.

 

“Alright, just making sure...” He blew out his cheeks as he thought. “What’s one over sin?”

 

“Cosecant,” Minah replied without hesitation.

 

Kris nodded. “Good. Alright, now moving on to something harder…” He flipped through the pages in the textbook until he came to their most recent lesson. “Do you understand what’s going on on this page?”

 

Minah shook her head. “No… I haven’t been really understanding since…” she flipped back a quarter of the section. “Since here.”

 

“Oh,” he said. “Oh I get it. Okay, we’ll start here then. First of all, give me the definition of a derivative.”

 

Again, Minah answered without hesitation.

 

Kris pointed to a problem on the page. “And how do you know when something converges or not?”

 

Minah responded again.

 

“Okay,” Kris said. “You know the definitions. Now, do this problem.” He got out a piece of paper and a pencil for Minah.

 

Minah stared at the problem:   Determine whether or not   latex_img8.gif(- 1)n latex_img68.gif  converges.

 

“I don’t know,” Minah grunted in frustration.

 

Kris nodded. “That’s because you’re memorizing the definitions and formulas. You’re not actually understanding the concept, so when you see something different you don’t know how to do it anymore. I get it. I used to be like that too.”

 

He leaned forward, studying the problems in the book. He picked up the book and flipped it to the first chapter. Then he pushed the book to the side, so that both of them had half of the book on their laps.

 

Kris looked at Minah as he spoke. “We’re going to start from chapter one. I don’t know how much of this material you memorized and how much you actually understand, you know? We’ll just do a couple problems each page and focus on the sections that you don’t understand.”

 

Minah nodded. “Okay, sounds good.”

 

“Alright, now do numbers… 1, 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42, and 47,” he said, choosing problems that ranged in different levels of difficulty. Minah nodded again and set to work.

 

Her neck and head felt awfully uncomfortable, due to the position she was in. She was hunched over the book, since it was on her lap. If only she could sit on the ground and work on the table.. her neck wouldn’t have to be as strained.

 

Kris seemed to notice her discomfort. Minah had rolled her neck at least twice in the last thirty seconds.

 

“Why don’t you sit on the ground and put the book on the table?” he suggested. “That way you don’t have to bend your body as much.”

 

“Great idea, thanks,” Minah sighed in relief. That was exactly what she had been thinking! She slid off the couch and onto the floor, and continued working.

 

A few moments later, Mrs. Zhang arrived, balancing a plate of food on her wrist and holding two drinks in her hands.

 

“Here, eat up, kids!” she smiled.

 

“Thank you!” Minah and Kris chorused. Kris stood up to receive the food. He set the plate down on the table, and picked a drink for himself. He sat down again, now sipping on his drink, and watched as Minah continued on the problems.

 

He stabbed a piece of chicken with the provided sticks and began to eat. Minah was working awfully slow…

 

He speared a few more and continued to eat and drink.

 

 

Minah felt something strange prodding at . It was a piece of popcorn chicken.

 

“Open,” Kris ordered, poking it at her lips again. Minah opened obediently and Kris slid the speared chicken into .

 

“Mm. It’s delicious!” Minah exclaimed, crunching on the chicken. “More!”

 

He raised his eyebrows at her. “What do I look like, your servant?”

 

“Well I can’t exactly get some myself. I’m working!” Minah stuck her tongue out at Kris and giggled. She turned her head to face the problems again.

 

Kris sighed, but smiled softly at the silly girl in front of him. He picked up another piece of the fried chicken and popped it into .

 

A few minutes later, Minah had completed all of the problems. Kris took the paper from her and stared at her work, nodding rhythmically.

 

“My turn!” Minah grinned, taking the plate of chicken from Kris. She began to eat happily. When Kris finished looking over her work – they had all been correct – he looked up.

 

“Hey! Your hair is getting onto the chicken!” he gasped. “Next time brush your hair back!” He leaned forward and took her hair in his hands. He pulled her dark smooth locks back, his fingers lightly brushing along the nape of her neck. Minah flinched and started to giggle.

 

“That tickles!”

 

Kris raised his eyebrows. “This.. tickles?” He ran his fingers across her neck once again.

 

She shrank downwards and continued to laugh. “Yes! Please don’t do that!”

 

Kris grinned. “Promise you won’t let your hair get onto my precious chicken next time, and I’ll stop!” he lowered his arms and positioned them at her stomach. “Does THIS tickle?!” He attacked her sides with his fingers.

 

Minah exploded into squeals and giggles. “Yes! I promise! Please stop! I promise!”

 

Kris nodded with satisfaction and removed his hands. “Good. Now, where were we earlier?”

 

Suddenly, there was a loud stomp on the stairs. Minah and Kris both looked over instinctively. They saw four flashes of dark brown, and then harsh whispers. “Stop tripping over everything!” a male voice whispered, and another responded, “It’s not my fault you’re so tall! I couldn’t see!”

 

Minah looked at Kris. “Is that….”

 

“I think so…” He responded.  His cheeks began to heat up. Were they there the whole time? 

 

Suddenly, both Kris and Minah began to feel self conscious. Their innocent acts from earlier didn’t seem so innocent anymore.. Though they had done no wrong, they felt shy for some reason.

 

Kris cleared his throat. “Come out, guys,” he said slowly. The pink on his cheeks remained, and seemed to grow even darker when he locked eyes with Minah.

 

Eleven heads emerged, and one by one the boys of EXO climbed into view.

 

“It was Baekhyun’s idea!” Sehun wailed, instantly pointing a finger at the shorter boy. “I didn’t want to do this! I didn’t even get to see anything! Baekhyun’s fat head was blocking the way!”

 

“Sehun!” Baekhyun hissed. “My fat hea—Oh! You little brat!”

 

“Yeah, it was all Baekhyun’s fault, gege!” Tao whined. “Not mine!”

 

The boys all began to point fingers at Baekhyun. “It was him! It was him! It was all him!”

 

“Calm down, guys..” Suho said softly. “B-But yeah.. it was all Baekhyun’s idea..” he admitted.

 

Luhan and Kai remained in the back, rocking back and forth on their heels while all the other boys accused Baekhyun of spying on Minah and Kris.

 

“Minah!” Sehun cried. “Why are you blushing?! What was Kris hyung doing to you?!”

 

“N-Nothing!” Minah stuttered. “What are you guys all doing here?! We’re studying!”

 

Lay smiled. “It’s okay, meimei. We’re happy that you’ve found someone that you like.”

 

Minah’s jaw dropped, and so did Kris’s.

 

“Hey!” Minah protested. “What are you talking about?”

 

“I don’t like her!” Kris stuttered. “She doesn’t like me! I’m just tutoring her!”

 

 “Sure you are,” Kai smirked. “Feeding her  food and brushing her hair back. Sure looks like studying to me. You’re a wonderful tutor. I’m sure she’s learned SO much.”

 

Kris stared at Kai, dumbfounded, before narrowing his eyes. Kai gulped and took a step back.

 

“Why were you guys spying on us?” Kris hissed, looking more embarrassed than angry.

 

The boys looked uncertainly at each other, not speaking at all, so Chanyeol let his mouth run loose.

 

“Baekhyun didn’t want you doing erted things to Minah,” he explained casually. “He came to make sure Minah remained innocent. He dragged us along.”

 

Minah nearly spat out her milk tea everywhere. erted things?! Remained innocent?!

 

"And look at what we caught him doing to her!” Baekhyun waved his hands like a madman. “It’s a good thing we came! Who knows what they would’ve started doing if we hadn’t interrupted them!"

 

Kris cleared his throat. “Actually, you didn’t interrupt us, your cover was blown by D.O, who apparently tripped. That WAS you, right Kyungsoo?”

 

D.O’s face turned slightly pink. “Yeah,” he muttered. “I tripped. Chanyeol kept blocking my view.”

 

“Oh, so now it’s my fault?” Chanyeol said, pouting at the shorter boy. The two began to bicker, while everyone else watched in silence.

 

Sehun ran over to Minah and took her hands in his. “Please don’t date Kris,” he begged. “I’m so better than him! Pick me instead!”

 

“Uh,” Minah stuttered. “Uh.” 

 

Luhan thumped Sehun on the head. “Watch your words! You’re younger than her! And she looks better with Kris, anyway! You two don’t suit each other!”

 

Sehun pouted and dropped Minah’s hands. Chen walked up and threw his arm around Sehun’s neck. “It’s okay, baby bro,” he cooed. “I’m here for you.”

 

“I don’t want you!” Sehun cried, shrugging Chen’s arm off. He ran to Kai. “Kaiiii!!”

 

Chen’s jaw dropped, and Xiumin burst into laughter.

 

The room was getting really noisy. Minah sighed and looked over at Kris apologetically. He looked over at her and sighed as well.

 

“Yep. These are our friends,” he said slowly. “These retards.”

 

“Mmhm,” Minah agreed simply.

 

“Sorry we didn’t get much tutoring done today,” he said. “Do you want to try again tomorrow?”

 

“It’s alright,” Minah responded. “And sure. Same time same place?”

 

“No,” he said. “Tomorrow we’ll go to my dorm. That way these idiots won’t follow us again.”

 

“Okay,” Minah nodded. The two looked away, and discovered that Chanyeol was wolfing down the rest of their popcorn chicken, while Luhan and Sehun were sharing the milk teas.

 

“Oh well,” Kris shrugged. “It was free, anyways.”

 

“Yeah,” Minah agreed, smiling at her noisy friends.

 

Her handsome, funny, wonderful, and noisy friends.

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------

 

 

 

Part two of double update! (: Yay~ 

 

By the way I don't actually know calculus yet.... so... if that calc problem up there happens to be super easy or really straightforward or something... Sorry. I tried. I tried. Haha. Maybe you guys can offer me harder problems e_e Or we can just pretend it was a complicated problem and Minah couldn't figure it out. 

 

 

If there are any errors anywhere, in anything, please inform me ^^ Thanks ~