True Identity

Stop Messing With My Head!

Previously on Stop Messing With My Head:  ( LOL I’ve always wanted to do this. Like a TV show :D )

 

Halfway to their meeting spot, Minah realized that she had left her phone behind. She turned around, groaning loudly, and ran back to the dorm. She took out her keys and fitted into the keyhole, but there was no click. Wow. She had forgotten to lock the door earlier! She twisted the doorknob of the unlocked door, and sure enough, it swung open without a sound. Minah walked over to the table, where she thought her cellphone would be, but it was not there.

 

Minah walked over to Hayoung’s room. Maybe Hayoung had seen it somewhere… Before Minah could knock, she accidentally overheard a fraction of her roommate’s conversation. Minah froze in her tracks when she heard what was going on. Her hands began to tremble.

 

What.

The.

Hell.

 

---------------------------------------

 

 

“… not sure,” Hayoung was saying. “I looked through her phone, but I didn’t find a whole bunch. Only Chanyeol’s number is on here. There’s no evidence that she’s been hanging out with the other boys. Yeah, don’t worry! She’s out for sure. Probably to hang out with Chanyeol again. She really at lying. Yeah I’m holding it right now. She left it on the table when I was faking my headache. I don’t know, I just felt like doing that. Anyhow, she won’t suspect a thing. She thinks I’m sleeping right now. ”

 

Silence. The person on the other line must’ve been speaking. Minah held her breath, not making a sound, as she listened to the highly inappropriate conversation. She could feel the blood draining from her face. What the hell was going on? Why were they talking about her like that? What was Hayoung doing, snooping around with her phone? Why? Why?

 

“Yeah, I suppose we can start that rumor. There’s no evidence that she HASN’T been hanging out with them, either. No one will question it, either. They’re all too dumb, they assume that every ounce of is the truth.”

 

More silence. Minah’s hand, which had been gripping Hayoung’s doorknob, slipped off and fell back to her side. She stared blankly at the painted wood of Hayoung door.

 

Hayoung laughed. “I know, right! It’s hilarious. I tell them one thing, and next thing I know, a totally different story is traveling through the school. Like that Luhan one. I told one person. I told him that Minah and Luhan had been caught talking in the hallways one day afterschool. Next thing I know, a rumor that they’re childhood sweethearts was spreading.”

 

Minah began to shake violently. Cold sweat appeared on her forehead as she tried to process what was going on.

 

More silence.

 

“It doesn’t matter. It’s all bull anyway,” Hayoung giggled. Up until now, Minah hadn’t paid much attention to her giggle. But now that she thought about it, it sounded completely and utterly evil.

 

She had trusted Hayoung. She had trusted her. They were friends. And this whole time Hayoung had been spying on her for information to spread to her friends.

 

But Hayoung was a nice girl. She was innocent and sweet. How could this happen?

 

There was only one answer.

 

Hayoung wasn’t “good” to begin with. She was always a self centered, evil bastard.

 

Just like all the other girls at JunKang High. 

 

“Yeah, that rumor sounds great!” Hayoung laughed again. “I’ll tell Myungsoo oppa to spread it. I don’t know why everyone’s forgotten about her so fast. It’s so fun to torment her. Especially since she doesn’t suspect a thing.”

 

Minah had heard enough. She backed away slowly, not caring that Hayoung still had her cellphone. There was nothing valuable or secret in there anyway, except for Chanyeol’s phone number. And their texts… Oh no. There was no way she could leave her phone with Hayoung.

 

Obviously, Hayoung hadn’t seen the texts yet, otherwise she and her friend would’ve been putting those online or something. Thankfully, her texts were secured with a password. It would take a while for Hayoung to access them. All Minah had to do was retrieve her phone before Hayoung could crack the code. But who knows how long that’d take?

 

A sudden thought entered her mind. The idea took shape, and Minah decided to carry it out.

 

Minah slowly retreated, and exited the dorm room. She turned the lock slowly, and then shut the door. She moved with a snail-like speed, trying not to make any noise.

 

Outside, she took deep breaths. She was on the verge of crying. Minah had sincerely thought that she and Hayoung were friends. Although they weren’t too close, it was still a heavy blow to her heart. She had finally decided to give the students at JunKang a chance again, and this was the result of that. She’d never trust another stranger again.

 

Minah closed her eyes and continued to take deep breaths. When the initial shock was over, and she’d calmed down, Minah took out her key and unlocked the door. There was a loud click, and Minah entered the room, trying her best to make her face natural and happy.

 

Hayoung was no longer speaking. No doubt she had heard Minah enter.

 

“Hayoung!” Minah shouted, her voice coming out surprisingly normal.

 

Hayoung appeared. “Yes?”

 

“Did you grab my cell by accident? I think I left it here this morning. I think I vaguely remember seeing you take a cell from the table. It was probably mine. Do you have it?” Thank goodness they both had the same phone, otherwise this would’ve been a whole lot more difficult.

 

“I don’t know, let me check,” Hayoung responded. She disappeared into her room, and Minah followed.

 

“Oh yeah, it is mine,” Minah spoke. Hayoung jumped at Minah’s voice. She was standing in Hayoung’s doorway, staring at her cellphone.

 

“I guess I took it by accident…” Hayoung laughed nervously.

 

Minah smiled widely. “Yup. Can I have it back? I’ve got a few important calls to make. And I’ve got to get back to Taeyeon. She’s waiting for me outside. ”

 

“Y-Yeah sure,” Hayoung responded, handing the phone over.

 

“Thanks,” Minah presented Hayoung with a forced smile. “Well, I’m gonna go now. Can’t keep Taeyeon waiting.  I’ll be back later.”

 

“Alright, bye!” Hayoung waved.

 

“Goodbye,” Minah responded. She exited her dorm room and began to run. Angry tears streamed began to stream from her eyes.

 

God dammit, Minah thought. Nothing is safe anymore! I’ve got to set up passwords on everything electronic I own. My computer needs a code… What if she’s been snooping on that too? Probably. But she won’t find anything personal or EXO-related on there. My phone… Got to add face recognition or something. I need to start stashing my journals and stuff. I bet she’s been going through those too, although I haven’t written anything in there for months. Oh god!

 

She was horribly late for her meetup with EXO. They probably already left without her. Ten minutes had definitely passed. Still, she continued to run to their meeting spot, because she had nowhere else to go.

 

She’d have to apologize to them later. Her heart felt heavy. So much was going on.. How would she deal with Hayoung? She couldn’t possibly live with her for the next nine months. She couldn’t pretend for that long. Definitely not. She reached the area, and to their surprise, the boys were still waiting.

 

When Minah approached, Suho stood up and smiled, but then he noticed the wetness on her face. The boys all stood up – they had been sitting on the ground, playing little games like Tic-Tac-Toe or Connect The Dots on pieces of paper — and approached Minah.

 

“Hey! We were waiting for you! We thought that you wouldn’t show u--- Whoa.” Sehun raced over to Minah. “Are you okay, Noona?! Your eyes are red!”

 

“What happened? Tell us.” Baekhyun demanded, his eyes both cold and concerned.  “I’ll punish whoever hurt you.”

 

“She was talking about me,” Minah responded slowly. Tears of betrayal welled up in her eyes and flowed down her reddening cheek. “I went back for my cell.. and she was on the phone… She wasn’t saying anything good. Turns out, she was the one that spread many of the rumors.”

 

The boys exchanged looks of confusion. What? Chanyeol, though, knew exactly what she was talking about. He stepped forward and looked at Minah with concern.

 

“I’m so sorry… That’s what I was worried about,” Chanyeol shook his head sadly. “I was afraid of leaving you alone with her… she’s dangerous. That’s why I kept calling you out every day.”

 

“How did you know?” Minah asked. “You knew her?”

 

“Wait, who are we talking about?” Kai in. Eleven pairs of eyes blinked expectantly at Minah and Chanyeol. They stood around awkwardly, unsure of what to do. What were they supposed to do with a sad teenage girl? Pat her on the back? Wipe away her tears? Tell her that everything would be okay?

 

“Byun Hayoung,” Minah whispered wretchedly. “My roommate.”

 

A wave of silence flooded the boys.  They looked at each other, horrified.

 

“Did she say Byun Hayoung?”   Tao.

 

“You mean BYUN Hayoung?”   Chen.

 

“She’s not serious, is she?”    D.O.

 

“Her roommate’s Byun Hayoung?”   Kris.

 

“Byun Hayoung…” Luhan murmured. He buried his face in his hands, and the boys all took turns patting Luhan on the back.

 

“Did.. did you know her, Luhan oppa?” Minah asked slowly. She wiped at her eyes with the back of her hand.

 

“Yeah.. your roommate was my ex girlfriend...” Luhan cast her a sympathetic look.

 

 

Minah’s eyes widened.

 

 

He looked to the sky and sighed. “I guess I should explain about her, huh.”

 

He tilted his face back down, staring directly at Minah, and began to speak.

 

“She was my first girlfriend.. And my only. After her… I don’t think I’ll ever date again. She seemed really nice… but obviously, that was all fake. I was completely captivated by her. Her voice.. her laugh.. she just seemed so perfect. At first, our relationship was amazing. I took her everywhere, and we traveled to all sorts of places. I even introduced her to the guys. They liked her too. Like I said, she seemed really perfect. Likable. I think.. in a way, we were all seduced by her.”

 

He sighed sadly as forgotten feelings and memories came rushing back. 

 

“This went on for three months. One day…  she was careless.   She and her mother were speaking about me. I think they expected that I would marry Hayoung one day, and merge our corporations. They were both just in it for the money. I guess… if I never found out about her true nature, I would’ve married her.”

 

“What were they saying?” Minah asked quietly. Her eyes were no longer leaking tears.

 

“Just.. their plans for me and stuff. Her mother told her things like ‘keep pretending to love him’ and ‘seduce him’ and things like that. I think Hayoung was also trying to seduce Baekhyun and Chanyeol as backups. In case we ever broke up, she’d have someone else to run to. After I heard all of that, I instantly broke up with her. I loved her… but I refused to let myself be played around by her. After I ended it, she ran to Baekhyun, hoping that he’d take her in, but I had already told the guys what had happened. They sided by me at first, but after a while we started to fall apart. We started to argue and fight amongst ourselves. It was madness. And the whole time, Hayoung stood on the sidelines, waiting for one of us to take her back. But we didn’t. With time, we recovered. Although I daresay that some of us are different now, because of her.”

 

“Shouldn’t it have been a good thing that she left? Why did her absence cause so many problems?”

 

“See, the thing is,” Luhan responded. “We had grown so used to having her around that we just didn’t know what to do anymore. Everything we did revolved around her. She was the queen, and we were her servants. Funny how infatuation blinds us.” He sighed and rubbed his face with his hands.

 

“Sorry for making you go through all of that again,” Minah said quietly. “I’m sorry for what happened, too.”

 

“No, it’s fine,” Luhan replied. “You deserved to know. It’s why we were so cautious when we first met you. We didn’t want something like that happening again.”

 

Minah nodded. “Yeah.. I get it…”

 

“What do we do now?” Chen asked. “Hayoung is her roommate. Of all people you could’ve been living with. Byun Hayoung. What a horrible coincidence.”

 

Everyone nodded in agreement.

 

“What exactly did Hayoung say about you, Minah? What does she know about your relationship with us? Does she know that you heard the conversation?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“I… She doesn’t know I was listening. She was talking crap about me to someone. I don’t know who. She was talking about some rumors that she had spread. Turns out, she was the cause for a lot of them.. And she plans on spreading more tomorrow. But no.. she doesn’t know about me and EXO. Only us, Chanyeol. She knows we’re friends.. and that we hang out sometimes. She didn’t see our texts though. This is all so… so crazy… I never imagined that she’d do something like this…” Minah felt her face grow hot with mortification, and warm tears emerged from her tear ducts. “I was a fool. I was such a fool,” she choked out. A single tear spilled over the edge. And a single tear was all it took for Minah to crumble.  

 

She began to cry wretchedly. The boys all stepped forward to comfort her, but surprisingly, Kris was the one to reach her first. He put his arms around her awkwardly, shielding her trembling body from the world. Instinctively, Minah wrapped her arms around his torso, and sobbed into his sweater. He didn’t seem to mind that his clothes were being stained with her tears.

 

“Just let it out,” he said to her gently.

 

The boys gaped at the sight. When they were young, D.O, Tao and Suho would trip and fall frequently—and cry. Rarely did Kris ever hug them. And here he was, embracing Minah like there was no tomorrow.

 

While Kris and Minah were in their own little world, the boys stood by awkwardly, just watching.

 

Kris continued to hold Minah until she finished crying. With one hand, he rubbed her back soothingly, and the other he used to hold her tightly against him. When her sobs were reduced to sniffles, he released his tight grip on her, and pushed her back slowly.

 

“Are you feeling better now?” he whispered softly.

 

“Not really,” Minah hiccupped. “A little.. I guess. Now that I’ve cried it out. Thanks.. Sorry about your sweater…”

 

“It’s fine,” Kris replied. “As long as you’re alright now. I could care less about this thing.”

 

 Minah gave him a watery grin and wiped at her eyes. 

 

“Wait,” Kris said, stopping her hand. He gestured at Luhan, and the Chinese boy took out a tissue from his backpack. (He always kept tissues with him, because he was currently sick. His nose would not stop running!)

 

Kris released Minah’s arm to take the tissue from Luhan. “Thanks,” he said. Luhan nodded. Kris dabbed at Minah’s eyes with the tissue. Thank goodness she didn’t wear makeup… otherwise her face would’ve been an ugly black mess. He wiped away her tears, folded the tissue, and put it at her nose.

 

“Blow,” he instructed. Minah cocked her head to the side and gave him a strange look. “W-What?” she sniffled.

 

“Blow your nose. It’s probably running from all that crying.” Kris explained.

 

“Um… Can I do it myself..?” Minah asked shyly. She sniffed again. “It’d be weird if I blew my nose while you were holding the tissue… I don’t know. It’s just weird.” She reached for the tissue, and Kris let her take it. She blew her nose loudly and looked around in embarrassment, though none of the boys cared about the sound. They just wanted her to feel better.

 

“Sorry. I bet I just ruined everyone’s day. No one likes to see a person cry.”

 

“No, don’t apologize,” Suho spoke softly. He patted Minah’s head, smoothing her hair out. It had gotten a bit tangled when she had buried her head into Kris’s torso earlier. “You don’t need to apologize when you’ve gotten hurt. We’re just glad that you’re fine now.” The other boys all nodded in unison.

 

“Thanks,” Minah smiled slightly. Her voice was still a little hoarse from crying, but her mood had definitely lifted a little bit. “Come on, I’ll buy you guys boba. My treat.”

 

“Are you sure?” We’re twelve people, mei mei. It’ll cost a lot of money.” Lay said.

 

“Come on, she’s offering free food!” Xiumin whispered, though everyone could hear him. “Just say yes! Plus, we’re all rich! Boba’s only a few dollars!”

 

Minah let out a small laugh. The boys all smiled, glad that she was laughing again, though it sounded more like a choke than a giggle. “Yeah, I’m sure. Like Xiumin said, boba’s only a few dollars. Plus, I have to get my mind off of everything. Do this for me as a favor, yeah?”

 

“Alright,” the boys nodded. The thirteen of them traveled at a steady pace. They walked to the nearest boba shop and ordered their drinks. Minah didn’t get to treat the boys, though. When she was digging through her purse for her wallet, Chen and Suho had secretly paid for everyone.

 

The boys did their best to make Minah forget about her lousy roommate, and with time, she did. Minah gradually forgot all about Hayoung.

 

But at the end of the day… she would have to return..

 

 

 

-------------------------------

 

 

Sorry I didn't post this earlier.. I know I said that I'd post ASAP :O But I was out on Saturday and Sunday, and Monday I went to the doctors. And today I just got back from tutor & dinner and finished it as quick as I could (i had like a paragraph left haha) 

Sorry!!

Hopefully this chapter was worth the wait ~  

 

 

tumblr_mn8yokNXEj1r7jaf7o2_r1_500.gif

 

I don't know why I put this here. I just like it .

 

LOL DONT JUDGE. I SEE YOU. 

 

 

yeah. So I watched the new Wolf (OOLF) teasers. 

 

 

super-smosh-mother-god.gif

 

 

All these crazy storylines running through my head. So much plot going on in those 30 seconds. What. My little heart can't take this. 

 

 

 

tumblr_inline_mmw3u15Dhs1qz4rgp.gif

 

 

And now I shall do homework. Because it's already 9pm and I haven't found any time to start yet  -__- Giving up some of my comp time for useless AP papers smh. haha 

 

Byee! 

 

tumblr_m7g8u40YdR1rt87oi.gif

 

tumblr_m877y3Q3N41r9f8c9o1_500.gif