The Weekend

Stop Messing With My Head!

 

 

The weekend was absolutely amazing. On Saturday, she met up with Chanyeol, and together they managed to compose witty yet emotional lyrics. In fact, they completed nearly the entire song in just one sitting. Chanyeol and Minah both agreed that they had composed enough for the weekend, and decided to meet up the next Saturday. The project was due on Tuesday, anyhow. They still had over a week.

 

Before Minah went to bed that night, she remembered about her dinner date with Kris, and she texted him. They made plans, and both went to sleep happily.

 

Minah woke at 10am on Sunday morning. Hayoung was nowhere to be seen; she had left for home on Friday night. ‘How nice it must be to have caring parents….’ Minah thought. Instantly, she pushed such thoughts out of her mind.

 

‘Oh, stop pitying yourself!’ Minah scolded herself. She ran to the bathroom, brushed her teeth, showered, and dressed.  Then, she walked over to her laptop and spent the day surfing the internet – and occasionally, texting Kris and Chanyeol.

 

Soon, it was 5pm. Minah stood up and ran to her wardrobe. She dug through her clothes once, twice, and then once again. Nothing seemed to fit the occasion! Since they were eating barbeque, she didn’t possibly wear something fancy, but she didn’t want to go dressed like a bum either… Eventually, after half an hour, she decided on an outfit. Minah threw it on, and carefully brushed her hair back.

 

She considered putting makeup on, since she was going on a date with Kris, but then decided not to. She never wore makeup anyway, so why start now?

 

 

 

At last the time came for Minah to leave the dorm. It was 6:15 pm. She exited the dorms and waited by the entrance of the school, purse slung over shoulder.

 

A few minutes later, a black sleek care drove up. The tinted windows rolled down, and there was Kris, sitting in the backseat.

 

“Hey Minah!” he greeted. “You look pretty.”

 

“Hi, Kris! Not bad yourself!” she smiled.

 

“I had to call someone to drive us, sorry. The place is a bit far, and I couldn’t possibly let us walk there for dinner. Stupid school and its rules. Maan, if only I had my car…

 

“It’s alright!” Minah reassured. “We’re all in the same boat here!” Minah opened the door and slid in the car. “So where are we going?”

 

“Somewhere,” Kris replied, grinning. He motioned for the driver to go, and the car began to roll forward.

 

The two sat in the car for nearly thirty minutes, just chatting the entire time.

 

Eventually, the car pulled up against a building.

 

“We’re here, sir,” the driver announced. Kris and Minah both looked up, and Minah let out a small gasp. Kris grinned in satisfaction.

 

“Ohmygosh..” Minah breathed. “Is this even a barbeque place? It’s beautiful..!”

 

Indeed, it was amazing. It looked more like a five star hotel than a simple restaurant.

 

The two exited the car. Kris turned to the driver and discussed details while Minah continued to gape.

 

When Kris finished talking, the driver nodded and drove off, promising to return when Kris called him again. Kris took Minah’s arm and shook it gently.

 

“Hey,” he laughed. “Don’t faint on me now! We can’t even eaten yet!”

 

“Sorry!” Minah smiled. “It just took me by surprise. I was expecting just one of those all-you-can-eat barbeque shops.”

 

“Come on,” he laughed. “We’re rich. What did you expect?”

 

“I guess you’re right,” Minah responded, laughing nervously. “Now I feel underdressed for the occasion. Very underdressed.”

 

“It’s okay,” Kris reassured. “No one will care, and if the workers mention any dress code rules I’ll just have the manager fire them.”

 

“Oh no! That’t okay,” Mianh shook her head. “Please don’t fire anyone!” She wasn’t sure if he was joking or not…

 

“If they don’t insult you, then I won’t need to,” he grinned. “Now come on! Our table is waiting.”

 

 

They were escorted to their seats by two fancy waiters. No one mentioned a word about proper dress rules, so Kris was in a very good mood.

 

 

Once they sat down, Kris picked up the red menu and opened it excitedly. “I’ve never eaten here befor, but I heard that it’s really good!”

 

“And expensive,” Minah murmured under her breath. “very expensive.”

 

“We’ll manage that later,” Kris laughed. “Money’s not an issue, anyway! Just pick whatever you like! My treat.”

 

Minah pointed to a dish. “This one?” she suggested.

 

“Sure, I’ll order it for y— Hey! You just picked the cheapest item on the list, didn’t you?! Nonono, Minah. You pick what you want to eat, or I’ll order for you.”

 

“But that is what I want to eat,” Minah retorted stubbornly.

 

“No, it’s not,” Kris wagged his finger at her. “I know you don’t like mushrooms. I’ll pick for you! You want… this!” he pointed at a dish, and watched Minah’s face carefully for any emotion changes.

 

Minah’s mouth opened slightly, and she let out a light breath. ‘How did he know?’

 

“Yeah! I got it right!” he shouted happily.  Some people at other tables turned to give him strange looks. One couple gasped. “Oops,” Kris said, lowering his voice considerably.

 

“How did you know?” Minah asked incredulously.

 

“Lucky guess,” Kris admitted. He smiled at her and held the menu up. “Okay. Time to order! He called over a waiter, and announced their orders. Oh, waiter, can we also have some red wine, please?”

 

“Yes sir, right away,” the waiter said. Once he had left, Kris turned to Minah and grinned. “Piece of cake.”

 

“We can’t drink!” Minah gasped. “We’re still underage!”

 

“Oh well ~” Kris sang. “It’s not like you haven’t had alcohol before, anyway. We’re basically required to drink it when we go to business-related events with our parents.”

 

“That was so irresponsible of the waiter!” Minah grumbled. “He should’ve asked for some ID!”

 

“I think he just assumed we were old enough since we’re here. Kids aren’t rich enough to eat here, you know.”

 

“I guess,” Minah replied. Her lips twitched slightly. “I’ve never had alcohol with friends before. This’ll be a new experience. I’ve only tried it at parties and events my mother dragged me to.”

 

“Same,” Kris admitted. “Do you have high tolerance?”

 

“No,” Minah sighed. “I definitely won’t be drinking much today!”

 

“More for me,” Kris grinned.

 

 

A few minutes later, the wine arrived. “Your food is nearly finished cooking,” he announced. “In the meantime, here is your wine, sir. Ma’am.” He nodded at Kris and Minah.

 

“Thank you,” Kris replied.

 

The waiter turned to leave, but stopped and turned back around. He stared at Kris.

 

“Yes?” Kris said.

 

‘Oh no, he probably knows we’re not old enough…’ Minah thought.

 

When the waiter spoke, the words that left his mouth surprised Minah.

 

“You aren’t… by any chance Kris Wu, are you?”

 

Kris put a finger up to his lips. “Shhh. Yeah, I am. But please don’t tell anyone I’m here, okay? I’ve gotta keep a low profile.” He grinned.

 

“Ah.. yes sir!” the waiter saluted. “It’s an honor to meet you, sir. Please come back anytime!”

 

Kris nodded at the waiter, and the man left happily.

 

“Wow, you’re pretty famous,” Minah noted. “After all, you’re the heir to SM, right?”

 

“Yep,” Kris replied.

 

“What’s wrong?” Minah asked. “You didn’t look too happy when I mentioned the ‘heir’ portion.”

 

Kris sighed. “To be honest, I don’t really want to be the heir. It’s a lot of pressure. And choosing to take over the company basically takes away all of my freedom. I’ll be stuck in a room for the rest of my life.”

 

“Oh…” Minah nodded knowingly. She wasn’t exactly the heir to a wealthy company like SM, but she too had her responsibilities. In the future, she would be taking over her family’s company as well. Minah understood perfectly.

 

“Let’s taste the wine!” Kris said eagerly, pouring himself a cup. He tasted it hesitantly. His lips thinned when he swallowed, as if he had just on a lemon, but nodded a few moments later. “Red wine tastes a bit strange, but I think I can get used to it.” He poured a glass for Minah as well.

 

“Thanks,” Minah smiled. She picked up the glass and took a small sip. “Oh! That’s strong!” she yelped. Minah set the glass down after another sip. “Much stronger and richer than the stuff I’ve had at parties! I think my mom always diluted mine or something, to make sure I wouldn’t get drunk and embarrass her.”

 

“Same,” Kris agreed. “Sometimes I think my parents have done that too. Ah! Food’s here.”

 

The waiter returned, balancing plates of food on his arms. He set them down in front of Kris and Minah. The dishes looked amazing; too pretty to eat!

 

Minah and Kris both picked up their forks and spoons expertly. They had both learned proper culinary manners from private tutors as children. Although they never really used these skills in front of their friends, they both knew that it was required for a luxurious restaurant such as this one. The waiter nodded in satisfaction; seeing the two hold their silverware was enough to know that they were rich people. He bowed deeply and left.

 

“Well, let’s eat!” kris smiled. “Our ‘korean barbeque’!”

 

Minah laughed. “This can’t even be considered barbeque. The food here is way too rich and delicate!”

 

“Rich people’s version of Korean barbeque?” He suggested. “Anywhooo… let’s dig in!”

 

“Okay!” Minah grinned. Without further ado, the two began to eat.

 

“Ohmygosh, this is amazing,” Minah sighed in delight. The meat seemed to melt in . It was, undoubtedly, the best meat she had ever had in her life. And that was saying a lot, considering her parents only ate expensive foods. “It’s been a long time since I’ve had food like this.”

 

“I’ve tasted better,” Kris admitted. “But yeah, this is pretty freaking amazing! There’s this other place, though. It’s on the other side of the earth. I ate there once when I was twelve, but I remember it was the best meat I’ve ever had. Even to this day. I promise I’ll take you if we ever go there.”

 

“Where is it?” Minah asked, raising a fork to delicately. When she was with her friends at a ”commoner’s” restaurant, Minah paid no special attention to her table manners. Here, though, things were different. She couldn’t eat normally here, not without getting kicked out. These first-class restaurants required special dining skills.

 

“It’s… somewhere,” Kris teased. “I’m not telling ~”

 

Minah shook her head and smiled. Playful Kris strikes again.

 

 

It was over almost all too soon. When they finished eating, waiters arrived and removed their plates, allowing them space to continue chatting and drinking wine.

 

Minah watched the plates slowly drift away sadly. She could still taste the delicious meat in .. Maybe she should’ve just ditched proper dining etiquette  and the plate… And possibly get kicked out for it… Oh well. The plate was gone anyway. No use regretting about it.

 

Minah turned her gaze back to Kris, who appeared to be staring at her. Minah smiled warmly at him. “That was really good. Really really good. Thanks, Kris.”

 

“No problem,” he grinned back. “Want dessert?”

 

“No, none for me,” Minah replied, rubbing her full stomach. “I’m stuffed! You should get some if you want, though.”

 

“Nah, I’m full too,” he smiled.

 

 

The two continued to chat and sip on their wine glasses. A few minutes later, Minah stood up and announced that she was going to use the restroom. Kris nodded. Minah took her purse with her.

 

Instead of going to the Ladies room, however, Minah walked to the cashier. She took out her credit card, and held her hand out to the cashier. “Table seven,” she announced.

 

“Oh. That bill has already been paid, miss.”

 

Minah’s eyes bulged. “What?” Did she have the wrong table number by accident? “Was it paid by a Kris Wu?”

 

“Yes, by a Wu Yifan,” the cashier responded.

 

Minah pouted and stuffed the credit card back into her purse. Kris had already paid! She stomped her foot lightly and thanked the cashier. He bowed, and Minah returned to the table.

 

“That was fast,” Kris remarked when Minah returned.

 

“You already paid the bill!” Minah declared in awe. “I was going to pay, but you beat me to it!”

 

“Wow, I suspected that you might try to pay for it, but not so soon,” he laughed. “I thought we would’ve had a tug of war fight or something when the actual bill arrived. It seems I’ve miscalculated, Minah,” he grinned. “I already paid beforehand, though, so I guess I win!”

 

“Whatever,” Minah grumbled. “I’ll pay for the next meal.”

 

“We’ll see,” Kris laughed. “Come on, let’s drink and talk some more.”

 

“Alright,” Minah agreed, slightly reluctantly. She was already feeling a bit light headed. But she wasn’t about to tell Kris that.

 

‘I can hold out for a bit more,’  Minah thought. Oh, how wrong she was.

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------

Sorry for the late-ish update! I've been really busy. Please notify me of any mistakes and I'll fix them! I'll try and post the next chapter ASAP, since it's just a continuation of this one, and is a bit shorter than my usual chapters. 

See you all soon! 

 

jonghyun_wave.gif