First Day

Stop Messing With My Head!

 

Author’s note: Please read the character descriptions in the foreward if you haven’t done so already! It will help you understand the background story better~

----------------------------------

 

Minah sighed. Today was the first day of her senior year at highschool. She had woken up at 5 AM, two hours earlier than usual. She found that she was unable to fall back asleep, so she simply remained under the covers of her dorm’s soft bed, wide awake.

 

Despite the fact that the school day hadn’t officially started yet, Minah was already tired of school. She had been going to JunKang High School for three years now, and that was long enough for her to realize that her school was lame. JunKang was a school for rich kids, though the students attending were mostly all conceited and boring. It didn’t matter how smart or dumb a student was, as long as their family was flowing with money, they would be accepted into the school.

 

Minah sighed again and sat up in bed. Since there was nothing to do, she decided that she might as well pack her things and move out. After all, the students of JunKang high were assigned new roommates every year. This year, it was Minah’s turn to move to another dorm.

 

Minah threw the covers off, but folded them neatly on the bed before leaving to go to the washroom. She took her time, as she had plenty. Minah brushed her teeth and her black hair, ate a small breakfast using the dorm’s kitchen, and dressed in school-appropriate clothing. Then, she took out a large duffel bag and began to pack her belongings. After she finished packing, Minah took her bag and walked leisurely to the office. Surprisingly, there weren’t that many people in the hallways. Perhaps they had all already moved in.. or maybe they were still sleeping. There were a lot of people who didn’t like waking up early, so those people transfer to their new dorms after classes are over.

 

After she received her new schedule and rooming information, Minah walked around the school, searching for her new room. She found it a few minutes later, and placed her bag on one of the beds. Unfortunately, her new roommate had not arrived yet. Minah had been hoping that she could meet her new roommate. According to the rooming card, her name was Byun Hayoung. Oh well, thought Minah. There will be plenty of time to meet Hayoung later. Minah sat on the bed and waited for time to pass.

 

-----------------

 

At last, it was time to start school. Minah opened the duffel bag and took out a handful of hardcover books. They were the textbooks for her classes this year. The black-haired girl looked in the mirror one last time before leaving her room to find her classes.

 

“Fighting,” she whispered, and then she was off.

 

First period was AP Chemistry. By now, the hallways were completely crowded with teenagers. Minah lowered her head and rushed to her classes. She didn’t really like meeting new people, as she was shy. In fact, she only had two friends, Taeyeon and Junhyun. She had met them three years ago, and they were the closest people Minah had to family. She didn’t really consider her parents as family, since they didn’t even love her. To Minah, family was more than just relatives, they had to be special, caring people. Family members were people who loved each other.

 

Minah reached the Chemistry room, and she pulled open the doors quickly. Many people turned to look at her direction, and she could feel herself shrinking backwards. Minah disliked the feeling of being stared it; it made her uncomfortable. She scanned the room hurriedly, searching for an empty seat. She spotted one in the middle of the classroom and began to walk towards the vacant spot. Suddenly, her foot was caught on a step that she hadn’t seen earlier, and she went sprawling. Her textbooks flew all over the place. Sniggers could be heard throughout the room, and Minah could feel her face burning.  She picked herself and her books up quickly, and rushed to the seat with her head lowered. No one had even attempted to help her. The laughing soon died down, and people returned to what they had been doing before.

 

The teacher arrived a few moments later and introduced himself to the class.

 

“Welcome to AP Chemistry,” the middle-aged man said. “I am your teacher this year, Mr. Lee.”

 

A few students greeted the teacher, but everybody else remained silent, waiting. Mr. Lee soon took roll, and Minah listened for her name.

 

“Jung Minah.”

 

“Here, Mr. Lee,” Minah said, raising her hand. He nodded and checked her name off. Minah sighed. It was going to be a long day.

 

Suddenly, a certain name caused her to snap out of her thoughts.

 

“Wu Yifan.”

 

“Here,” a husky voice replied. “I prefer to be called Kris.” Minah turned around and saw a handsome man with blonde colored hair. It was the legendary Kris Wu! He was in her class! Kris was the most famous person at JunKang High. He’s the heir to a very large and important company, SM. His status and looks made him extremely desirable in the eyes of every girl at JunKang, though he never dated any of these girls for some reason. Minah suspected that he already had someone in his heart outside of school, but that was just her personal opinion.

 

Although Kris was good looking, even in Minah’s eyes, she disliked him, probably because he was so overconfident about himself. It was also partly because he was so cold. He never smiled except when he was with his best friends, the members of EXO. This group consisted of twelve boys, all extremely handsome and rich. Their families all know each other, making them childhood friends. However, due to business problems, EXO was separated into two subgroups: Exo-M and Exo-K. Kris is the leader of Exo-M.

 

Minah had heard all of this from her previous roommate, who had heard it from other students. Her ex-roommate had loved to gossip, so Minah had always been updated with the latest news. She kind of hoped that her new roommate would be the same, since it was all very interesting to listen to.

 

Kris suddenly looked up and his eyes met hers. Minah immediately turned her head to face the front again, trying to act like that had never happened. She always had such horrible timing!

 

The minutes ticked by slowly, but eventually the class was over. The bell rang, and all the students stood up and proceeded to their next class. Minah arrived at physics two minutes early, and was rewarded with a room almost completely filled with empty seats. She chose a seat in the middle again. She watched the door, hoping that Taeyeon or Junhyun would be amongst the students that were arriving. Luckily for Minah, Taeyeon walked in the room, looking around. When she saw her best friend, Taeyeon grinned and ran over. They sat next to each other, exchanging greetings and asking how their day had been.

 

“How was your first period? Do you have any classes with EXO?” Taeyeon asked. “Or Myungsoo?” Myungsoo was another extremely popular guy at JunKang High, though definitely not as popular as EXO.

 

“It was alright. I had Chemistry. And no,” Minah replied, rolling her eyes in mock boredom. “That’s all you care about, huh. Boys. You already have Junhyun!” The black-haired girl poked Taeyeon in the stomach, holding in her grin.

 

“I’m just curious! There’s nothing wrong with looking!” Taeyeon laughed.

 

“Oh, actually,” Minah began. “I just remembered, I have first period with Kris.”

 

“What!” Taeyeon gasped. “You’re so lucky!”

 

Minah raised her eyebrows. “How? It’s just Chemistry. It’s not like I see him anyway. He sat behind me today, in the way back.”

 

“Still!” Taeyeon insisted. “Just knowing that he’s in the same room as you is too much, don’t you think?”

 

“Not really…” Minah replied.

 

Just then, the teacher arrived, and the two girls ceased talking and turned their attention to the elderly woman. Just like Mr. Lee, the Physics teacher introduced herself and took roll. Then, she began to lecture the class on the basics of the class, what the students needed to know already, and what they would learn. Forty minutes later, the bell rang, and people poured out of various classes. At last, there was a break in between classes, though it lasted only fifteen minutes. 

 

She walked with Taeyeon, both of them searching for Junhyun, Taeyeon’s boyfriend and Minah’s other best friend. They spent the entire break searching for him, though they had no luck. When the bell rang, the girls groaned and announced their next classes. They frowned sadly when the two classes were different.

 

“Well,” Taeyeon said. “I’ve gotta go to English. I’ll see you later!”

 

“See you,” Minah replied. “Oh hey, let’s meet up at lunch, okay? How about at our usual table?”

 

“My thoughts exactly,” Taeyeon smiled, and Minah smiled back. “I’ll see you later!” Minah waved and turned the other direction to walk to her next class, biology. She turned the corner, and suddenly went sprawling for the second time that day…

 

Right into the school’s most handsome guy, Kris Wu. What’s worse was he was holding coffee… and it spilled all over his shirt. There were about a dozen guys behind Kris, and they all gasped. It was the legendary EXO… in the flesh. Things could not get any worse. 

 

  “Oh my god,” she breathed, bending down to pick up her textbooks. “I’m so sorry! I’ll help you clean that up in any way I can!”

 

Kris stared at his shirt for a second before raising his angry eyes at the shorter girl. His eyes narrowed. Wasn’t that the girl that had tripped earlier in his Chemistry class? What was she doing? Was she really that clumsy? Or was she trying to throw herself at him, like every other girl at the school? Nobody had ever dared to flirt with him like this before. Either she was a genius, or just completely stupid for making a move in this way. He could not deny that she had caught his interest, although he kept his poker face intact.

 

 “Who are you?” he demanded. “Tell me your name. I’ve never seen you here before. Are you new?”

 

“U-Um,” Minah stammered. “No, I’ve been here since freshman year. I’m a senior now… I don’t like to be in the center of attention or anything… so I just kept to myself these past few years.” Minah bowed deeply. “Again, I’m so sorry! Can I do anything to fix this?”

 

“Just stay out of my way, you clumsy girl,” he growled. “Stop tripping over everything. I’ve got to get to class.” He pushed her out of the way with his torso, and walked off briskly.

 

Minah stared in silent shock. Sure, she deserved that, but he was so rude! Why did all the girls like him if his attitude was that horrible?

 

The boys of EXO looked at each other and began to follow Kris. A tall, handsome boy stopped by Minah for a brief moment, looking at her frowning face. “Don’t worry,” he said, his voice snapping her to reality. His voice was deeper than she had thought it’d be. “He’s just in a bad mood right now. He’ll get over it.” He smiled at her.

 

Minah smiled back. “It’s my fault though.. I deserved it. I don’t know why I’ve been tripping over everything today.” She bowed again. “Sorry.. please tell him I’m really sorry, okay?”

 

“Will do,” the boy smiled. “Now, get to class. You’re going to be late at this rate.” He nodded, gesturing to the nearly empty halls. Minah gasped. “Oh right! I’ll be going now!” She ran to her class.

 

When she arrived, she was panting. Thankfully, there were a few seconds left before the bell rang, so she was not considered late. Minah sat in the front row, the only seat left over.

 

After she sat down, Minah thought over the previous events. She facepalmed herself. After all, she had promised herself earlier that this year would go by the same as the other three: quietly, calmly, and without drama. However, it was only day one, and already she had made an enemy out of the school’s hottest guy!

 

Time passed slowly. Minah found the Biology teacher to be incredibly boring. Just listening to him talk made Minah want to fall asleep. She managed to keep herself from dozing off the whole period, though. After Biology was AP Calculus. Minah sighed. She was really bad at math.

 

She found that her math classroom was actually very close to the biology room. She entered and picked an empty seat to sit in. A few moments after Minah sat down, Kris entered the room. Immediately, the chatter in the room quieted, and a few excited whispers from the girls could be heard. Minah looked up, wondering what had happened, and she saw Kris. What’s more was that his gaze was on her. Minah quickly looked down again.

 

Kris scowled after their brief eye contact. She was in another one of his classes. “What a stalker,” he thought, making his way to the back of the room. He sat in a corner, and immediately a group of girls surrounded him. Their excited squeals hurt his head, and he shooed them all away with a single glare.

 

The teacher entered the room slowly and took roll. Kris listened as the teacher checked off names, waiting for the awkwardly unbalanced girl to raise her hand.

 

“Jung Minah,” the teacher announced, and Minah lifted her head. “Here,” she replied, lifting her hand in the air.

 

“Jung Minah… so that’s her name. Even her name sound clumsy,” Kris thought, rolling his eyes.

 

A few more names passed before the teacher called his. “Wu Yifan.”

 

“Here,” Kris said. He repeated what he had said in his previous classes. “I prefer to be called Kris.”

 

“Okay,” the teacher wrote a note next to Kris’s name, and continued to call the other names. After roll call, the teacher began to explain the basics of Calculus. While Kris found this lesson extremely easy, Minah was already drowning in confusion. She had no idea what the teacher was even talking about.

 

After Calculus came lunch time. Minah rushed to the lunch tables and sat down at the “usual” spot. Taeyeon arrived a few moments later, holding hands with her boyfriend, Junhyun.

 

“Hey, Minah!” a man’s voice called out to her. Minah saw her best friends approaching and immediately felt a hundred times more cheerful.

 

“Hi Junhyun!” Minah cried. “Hey Taeyeon! I see you two have found each other.”

 

Taeyeon and Junhyun sat down across from Minah. “Yup!”

 

Junhyun spoke first. “So how have your classes been! Do you have any with Kris or EXO?”

 

“Wow,” Minah laughed. “I swear, sometimes you and Taeyeon are so alike. She asked me the same thing this morning. Yeah, I have first and fourth period with Kris. I don’t know about the rest of EXO, though. I haven’t really paid attention to roll call.”

 

“You don’t know if you have the EXO boys in your classes… and yet you recognized Kris in chemistry and calculus.” Taeyeon raised her eyebrows. She and her boyfriend suddenly ooh-ed and stared at Minah, smiling strangely. Taeyeon attempted to put on a serious face, but failed miserably as she burst into a series of small giggles. “So the almighty Minah isn’t immune to his charms after all! Even she is affected by his very presence!”

 

“Ah, what are you talking about!” Minah protested. “It’s not that! I don’t particularly care about him. He’s so rude, you know!”

 

“Yeah,” Junhyun agreed. “But he’s hot. That kind of makes up for it.” His girlfriend nodded furiously in approval.

 

Minah groaned, but laughed. “Not you too, Junhyun! You’re a boy! You’re supposed to be on my side!”

 

“Sorry, Minah,” he grinned. “I know we’re best friends and all, but I’m just speaking the truth. Every person at this school knows he’s hot, even the guys.”

 

Taeyeon punched her boyfriend’s arm lightly. “Hey, you’d better not turn gay and leave me,” she warned teasingly.

 

Junhyun grinned. “Never, baby. You’re much better than Kris is. ”

 

The two of them giggled and exchanged kisses. Minah smiled at her two best friends as they expressed their affectionate feelings for each other. As they continued to laugh and chat, Minah began to daze off, and started to wonder more about Kris and his crew. 

 

 

Why were her friends so amazed that she had classes with Kris? It’s not like she was friends with him or anything… she just sat in the same room he did. Why was that such a big deal to everyone? Sure, he was rich and famous, but he was still a normal person, if not slightly below average in terms of attitude.

 

Minah just couldn’t understand what all the fuss was about.

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------

Sorry, I know that this chapter was boring, and they only met for like a minute or so, but please bear with me! Minah’s first day of senior year is only half over, aha. Chapter 2 will have more Kris in it, I promise!