Auditions (ft. Jung II-Woo)

In Time With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Are you sure you don't want to see your new look?"  Your manager asked, holding up a mirror, but you looked the other direction to avoid looking at yourself.

 

"Hyung, I'm trying to remember my lines! I can't concentrate if you keep waving a mirror in front of my face!" I complain, trying to my balance the script on my lap while trying to swat the mirror away from my face.

 

"Yah, JiHye is going to have my head, she said she wanted you to at least take a picture with your new look and send it to her." Your manager said, finally turning around in his seat and placing the mirror somewhere in the front seat. "Besides you don't look bad at all, it actually looks quite good on you".

 

"Hyung, aren't you married?" You joke and your manager ignores you, and reaches for his ringing cellphone.

 

"Yeoboseyo?" Your manager asks. "Yeah, JiHye, we're heading there right now, we're in stuck in traffic right now, but we still have a couple hours till the doors open."

You place your script down on your lap and looked out the window, it was still dark outside, but your manager made sure you were up and early to recite your lines, get dressed with the clothes that JiHye-noona left behind and had to head over to JiHye's place in order to get your make-up down and make sure your curls on your head stays curled.

 

Ring~*

 

You stare at the number and it was Jung II-Woo, your best friend since middle school, and you answer.

 

"AYYY! Lee Min-ho! Ready for the audtions?" He yells in your ear, but you're so used to it, energetic and hyper Jung II-Woo.

 

"Hey! Yeah, I finished reading the entire series yesterday and I've also been reciting the lines over and over again." You answer, proudly. "What are you doing up? I thought you had a day-off today?"

 

Jung II-Woo laughs and coughs a little. "Well, yeah, but I'm wishing my chinguu, good luck on his auditions and hey, if you fail, you can come to my apartment and we'll drink soju till one of us passes out!"

You smile and somehow feel relieved. "It's a deal, Chingu! Anyways, go get some sleep, you sound a bit sick. Get well first, then we'll drink together!" 

 

"YAH! Arasooo, kick , Chingu!" Jung II-Woo says and says a few more words of encouragement, and falls asleep while you start talking about Gu Jun Pyo and his F4 crew.

"Night to you, too, Chingu!" You say and hang up, and go back to your script reading. Your manager and JiHye are still in conversing about your wardrobe and other things.

 

You close your eyes for a quick rest and go back to remembering your friendship with Jung II-Woo. If you ever had a F4 gang, Jung II-Woo would be one of your members in that gang, kind of how Ji Hoo is to Gu Jun Pyo, that's what Jung II-Woo means to him.

 

You and him grew up in the same province, went to school together and both wanted to go into acting. At first, it was soccer for you, but then you realized that you weren't that great in soccer and chose acting instead. Since your best friend was also going into acting, you didn't feel that left out. Jung II-Woo had more acting recognition than you, but regardless of that, Jung II-Woo, not only was your friend, but he was your mentor as well.

 

 You didn't have to worry about Jung II-Woo becoming a different person because he always made time for you regardless of his busy work, he would be there for you. Since you had a Noona, Jung II-Woo was like a hyung that you never had. 

 

"Min-ho?" You open your eyes and your manager hands you a bottle of banana milk. "Drink some and get some sleep, I'll wake you up when we're at JiHye's place."

 

"Hyung, I need to finish rehearsing my lines". You protest, drinking the banana milk anyways. "I have a couple of l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter