November 28, 2013

Diary Of A Boy Going Blind

P.s: Just wanted to let ya'll know that this will be split into two chapters. Also, Please comment to let me know what you think, as an author your comments really help. Thanks!! Even to those silent readers, yeah I see you :)

___________

 

I could hear the rumbling of something, but couldn't quite place it. Turning, I hoped that the noise, whatever it was, would fade out. It didn't. In fact, turning only made it more noticable. Groaning, my eyes shifted open only to zero in on the alarm clock which laid on my desk. Taking a second to stretch and give a low long yawn, I kicked off the sheets and threw my legs off the bed, standing up. Walking hazily over to my desk, I hit the top of the alarm, welcoming the silence which then followed. Scratching the top of my head with one hand, and rubbing my stomach with the other, I made my way to the bathroom, turning on the shower and jumped in. Glad when the water had hit my face, allowing me to wake up, I was then hit with the events of yesterday. The shop, Kai wanting to work there, to work with me, my mom saying sure, that it would be a great idea. Laying my head on the cool tile, I couldn't contain the nervous smile that fought it's way to my face.

Dressed and ready to go, I skipped down the stairs and entered the kitchen. Again I was faced with silence and emptyness and the only explanation laid on a sticky note placed on the fridge. Walking over to it, I gave a sigh, picking the note up in my hands, my eyes glancing over it.

Honey, I have to pick up some things before work so I wont be there when you wake up.

Your lunch is on the counter along with your pills. xoxo

Crumpling up the paper, I tossed it into the trash. I turned looking over the counter and spotted my lunch, two pills already laid out, and a glass of water. Walking over to it, I popped the pills in my mouth, drowning it down with water. Grabbing my lunch, I went over to the door trugging on my shoes and shoving the door open. I closed the door behind my and began to walk down the porch when I stopped.

Somethings off

I turned to each side looking around to see what was bothering me, but nothing was out of the ordinary. With furrowed eyebrows, I took a second to think about it, my eyes looking down at my boday.

I have on my uniform, and my lunch, and...

I facepalmed myself.

My backpack

I snorted. How stupid could I be to have forgotten my own backpack,

Yeah, cause that's not important for school at all Kyungsoo

Shaking my head, I my heel, walking back through the door and back to my room, grabbing my backpack. Again walking down the stairs, I felt my head jolt in pain, and I fell forward. Quickly catching the railing, I bent forward, my mind exploding with pain. Crying out, I placed a palm over my temple, my teeth gritting as the pain took over. But as soon as the pain came it suddenly left. Taking a second to recover, I took a deep breath, continuing to walk down the stairs. Stopping at the bottom just for reasurance, I went back to the kitchen and drowned another glass of water. Looking at the clock and cursing when I saw that I was going to be late, I jogged out the door, slamming it behind me and hoping to god that I hadn't missed the bus.

I missed the bus.

Sighing, I sat down on the bench waiting for the next bus which wouldn't be there for another half and hour. It wasn't so bad. After about five minutes of sitting there though, I was dead bored. Another sigh escaped from my throat and I turned to see a store. Spotting drinks, I got up and began walking to it knowing that I had time to kill. Opening the door with a jingle, I made my way slowly to the back towards the endless rows of drinks. Quickly grabbing a sprite, I made my way over to the checkout. Once the person in front of me was finsihed, I took a step forward, placing my drink onto the counter. The cashier rung it up and I fished into my pocket for the money I had. Or thought I had. Giving him a one second look, I fished my other pocket finding change. Placing it onto the counter he just looked at me like, are you kidding me, before counting it.

"You're short ten cents."

"Um, I think I have it. Can you give me a second?"

I fished around hoping to find it, but luck was not on my side.

"Kid, if you don't have the money put it back."

I sighed.

"Here, this should be enough right?" I heard someone say behind me, placing money on the counter.

The cashier looked bored and took the money. I looked over, probably someone feeling sorry for me, and was surprised when I saw Suho standing there.

"Suho?" I looked at him in disbelief.

"Hey D.O." I blushed, still not used to the nick name and watched as he grabbed my drink off the counter handing to me.

"Heres your drink." He smiled and I quickly took it embarrased that I couldn't even afford a sprite.

"Um thanks."

He just gave a nod in reply and we turned walking out of the store.

"Wh-why are you here?" I asked curious.

He just placed his hands in his pockets,

"We were on our way to school when I spotted you through the window."

"We?" I tilted my head to the side confused.

"Yeah me and the rest of the guys." He replied and pointed to the left.

I looked to where he was pointing and was schocked to see Baekhyun who was pushing Chanyeol who was just laughing and Sehun who was talking to someone. Taking a closer look, I noted that the someone he was talking to was the one guy who made my stomach flutter every time I saw them. As if he read my thoughts, he glanced up and we cought each others eyes. Feeling my breath leave me, I was jolted when I felt Suho give me a shove with his shoulder. My attention shot towards Suho who was laughing,

"Are you going to drink? I payed good money for that you know." He joked as we waked and I just looked at him a chuckle leaving my throat.

"Your a big spender." I said without thought.

"Only for you." This made me blush though I didn't know why.

Sure he was good looking, in fact all of them were good looking, but for some reason I felt nothing towards them. It was him. The one with the fiery eyes. The only one who has made my heart feel out of place, my stomach feel full of butterflies, and my skin jolt with every little touch, feeling on fire for days.

"Can you not say anything?" I asked hoping that he wouldn't make a joke about it infront of the guys.

He just looked at me for a second before bumping me again with his shoulder,

"You mean I can't tell them that I needed to spot you 10 cents so you could buy your sprite?"

I just looked at him in shock.

"I'm kidding D.O. Don't worry it'll be our little secret." He whispered as we caught up to the group.

"What secret?" Baekhyun asked pouncing on Suho.

Suho just caught him before stating,

"Nothing you need to know about." before turning to me and winking.

Again I blushed, and Bacon, I mean Baekhyun looked from Suho to me a mysterious glint in his eyes. Suddenly he pounced on me, his weight dropping dead and it took all my will power to keep him up.

"Kyungiee~ I want to know."

Kyungiee? I just looked at the boy in my arms his face only a few inches. Turning my head to the side I replied weakly,

"I'm sorry, I can't."

His mood did a 180 as he shot up, his face stern,

"Fine be that way." He stated dropping his arms from me and turning on his heel walking back over to Chanyeol.

I just looked at him shocked by him sudden mood swing before I felt a hand on my shoulder,

"Don't worry, thats just Baek."

I looked up at him nodding, my gaze going around looking for that certain someone. I was about to smile when I saw him, but my smile coudn't come when I saw his face. It looked almost sour. His eyebrows were bunched together and his gaze was hard. His mouth looked almost pinched and I wondered what he was looking at that mad him mad until a second later I realized he was looking at me.

Why is he mad?

The question popped into my head and I tilted my head to the side. The action though must have brought him back, since he shook his head giving me a smile. Confused, I gave him a small one in return and faintly heard as Suho spoke to the group.

"You guys ready?"

"Yeah, we should hurry, we're probably late."

"God, if Mr. Sung gives me detention one more time I think I'm going to shoot myself."

"Or him."

Again feeling a hand on my shoulder I looked to Suho dazed,

"You wanna come with us?" He asked and my eyes furrowed,

"Um how you guys getting there?"

"Suho hyung has a car. Cool huh?" Baekhyun said drapping over Suho and Suho just shrugged,

"It's watever."

"A car. That is cool." I said nodding in awe.

He just looked at me before replying with a small,

"Thanks."

"Come on we gotta go." Baekhyun whinned pushing Suho towards his car.

"You coming?" Suho said, stopping to turn back to me.

I looked around at the rest of the guys who were smiling and saw the one I most wanted an invite from.

"If there's room." I said and Suho just smiled,

"There's always room."

____________

The ride there was what most expected when it came to a car full of teenagers. Loud music, laughter, one yelling over the other, then someone screaming to shut up so they could talk. Yep, all was normal and I took it all in with joy. I had never experienced something like this, and the stupid grin wouldn't leave my face as I watched them. Laughing when I saw Baekhyun and Chanyeol now picking a fight with each other, I shifted my head to see him. I slowly stopped laughing when I noticed his head resting against the window and he was silent.

Thats weird

Usually he was the one with the most charisma, always starting the jokes, playing around. Why was he so..solemn? I just watched him in curiousity and before I knew it the car was already coming to a stop.

"We're here." Suho announced and Baekhyun just frowned,

"Welcome to hell."

With this Chanyeol began to laugh and I also couldn't contain the chuckle that left my throat. Once again looking to the boy, he just took of his seatbelt opening the door. The others though didn't seem to notice, as they also hopped out the car. I also opened the door, walking around and joined them. Walking through the gates and the others preocupied with their conversation, I took that moment to catch up with the boy who didn't seem like himself.

"Jong In." I said softly and he turned his head looking at me.

"About yesterday." I began and he looked at me confused.

"Yesterday?"

"About the whole thing with the job. My mom said you could start whenever." I said hesitantly expecting him to turn around and say something like he couldn't anymore, or he was too busy.

I wasn't expecting his face to suddenly light up any offness seeming to fade away. I almost fell over, his face was just too much for me. His crinkling eyes, the way his cheeks went up and the curve of his lips.

"Really?"

"Yeah, so whenever you want to come. I guess I'll show you--"

"How about today."

"Today?"

"Yeah, the sooner the better right?"

"Um yeah."

"Cool. I have to go to my locker so I'll see you later k."

"K." I replied and watched as he walked away.

A couple meeters away, he turned back towards me giving me a smile and a way, and I gave a small wave back, hoping he couldn't see the blush creeping up my neck threatning to make it's way to my cheeks. He just turned back around, disappearing into the crowd of students in the hallway. Making my way to my own locker, I felt my heart about to burst. Grabbing my textbooks, I prayed that today would go by in a blink in an eye.

It was going to be just me and him.

Mr. Popular, the boy with the fiery eyes.

Kai.