Snapped

A vague memory.

Today there wasn't any classes for wooyoung. So he just slept in until 11 am, having woken up by the random honking noises by the streets. He rubbed his eyes and laid down, staring at the ceiling. He stood up , taking in the fresh morning sunlight for a bit before opening his room balcony transparent doors to enjoy the cool air. He looked down to the now empty streets from his bedroom balcony, at the 2nd level of his apartment.

"LATE BREAKFAST?" Someone shouted from below. He looked closer, realising it was Taeyeon.

*

She laid all the different food on the dining table, she brought 2 cakes, a big bowl of porridge and some sushi rolls. Wooyoung returned back to the dining table with two freshly made coffees. "Wow, how are we going to finish these, i'm not much of a breakfast type of guy haha."

"Then you can start being one from now!" she chuckled, glancing around the house. "Your house is larger then it looks outside..."

"Haha yeah my parents are rather exaggerated at times." wooyoung replied, taking a bite of the cake. and yet your parents won't even spare mine... she mumbled. "hmm? so what brings you here?" he asked.

"Oh nothing, just thought of dropping by since i don't have classes today." she said, sipping the coffee, glancing through the house thoroughly. "Your house looks lovely, shouldn't you show it around to me later?" she asked cautiously.

"Hmm? There's nothing much , my bedroom's on the second floor and there is barely any interesting things here so let's skip that typical 'showing your house around' thing, it's troublesome. haha." wooyoung joked.

so this isn't going to be easy huh...

She nodded, fake smiling and sent out a message.

: He isn't showing me around through his house, cannot confirm whether the file is in here. Another time. Update you again. -Taeng

She locked her phone and continue eating her food.

*

"Now what do you want to do?" he asked, after clearing up the dining table.

"How about--" before Taeyeon could finish her sentence the door bell rang. Wooyoung opened the door curiously wondering who might it be. He opening up seeing Nichkhun at the door steps.

"Who is it??" taeyeon rose her voice, curiously as she went to the door and stood beside wooyoung.

"What is she doing here?" nichkhun asked, raising his voice slightly.

"I should be the one asking you that question. what are YOU doing here? By the looks of our proposal, it is roughly done, we could finish it seperately so there shouldn't be a problem." wooyoung replied. "so...?" he prompted.

"Oh well then i supposed you would say that," nichkhun said, already inviting himself him and headed to sit at the sofa, "then how about we three can spend some time together, i'm bored too anyway." he ended, sitting down crossed leg.

*

The three sat down and spent the next 2 minutes staring at each other. It was awkward.

"so..hi..i'm Taeyeon" she stuck out her hand for a hand shake, breaking the silence.

"Yeah i figured. Nichkhun." he waved, not even bothering to return the hand shake. Nichkhun was abit jealous so he acted a little petty towards Taeyeon. "How about a movie?" he asked, turning to wooyoung.

"Sure, what do you want to watch , taeyeon?" he answered, now reverting the question to taeyeon, slightly ignoring nichkhun.

"Anything! Let's go there to see what is screening." she replied cheerily.

Wooyoung went to change to a new set of clothes before they set off. Taeyeon tried to control her facial expression, trying not to look bothered since she was suppose to at least find out the possible locations of the files today. She could have made at least a little progress if it wasn't for nichkhun who barged in suddenly. She sat at the back seat of the car deep in thoughts since nichkhun decided to drive and insisted wooyoung should sit on the passenger seat.

Nichkhun started the engine and began driving, still trying to figure out why was she in wooyoung's house early in the morning.

They reached the cinema in really soon and they decided to watch "Warm bodies" , a zombie romance comedy. They went in after buying some popcorns and coke. They sat down in the second last row with wooyoung sitting in the middle of both of them. The movie started screening and taeyeon unconsciously fell asleep. She was too tired trying to come up with a plan last night which was conveniently destroyed by nichkhun when he came over just now. Wooyoung and nichkhun's hands will accidentally touch when they grab a popcorn from the bucket.

At a certain point of time, nichkhun suddenly grabbed wooyoung's hand altogether, holding it tight.

"What are you doing?" wooyoung whispered, mentally glaring at him. "Let go."

"I don't want to~" nichkhun teased, holding it even tighter.

"Let go.." wooyoung replied, now with an irritated voice.

"No."

Wooyoung shook his hand off, took his bag and left the hall. Nichkhun followed along. Along the corridor outside the door, nichkhun halted wooyoung's steps, holding him back by grabbing his shoulder.

"What do you want?" wooyoung rose his voice.

Nichkhun snapped. "Fine, i'm sure all you would have loved to do is spend time with that girl until i barged into your house right? FINE. Since you dislike me so much, then i will stop doing all of these. I'm sick of these too, all the hot and cold nonsense you have been giving me. Luring me and then acting cold towards me. Just what are you? I'm really really tired of all this so i'm going to stop. You must be happy. You succeeeded in playing with me, you should be satisfied enough." Nichkhun shouted and left.

Wooyoung stood there blankly, not knowing what to do. Was i too much? He thought for a moment, gradually sitting on the floor of the secluded corridor.

*

They haven't talked in weeks since that day. Nichkhun even moved his seat all the way to the front and avoided wooyoung all the time. He would disappear after lessons and wooyoung didn't make any attempts to fix it. Although he would occasionally look out to see where was nichkhun but to no avail. It was heartwrenching for wooyoung. he doesn't know why but he found himself thinking about nichkhun regretfully from time to time. He was supposed to have shut all his feelings away but what is this that he is feeling?

It was purely coincidentally but one day Nichkhun found himself walking towards wooyoung who was heading to the opposite direction together with chansung, so their paths interlocked. He held his poker face, and walked passed wooyoung, as though he was another typical student and walked into the cafeteria. He swear he saw a confused look but he brushed it off. He dislikes me.

Nichkhun couldn't find a seat so he spotted a lonely boy sitting alone of the corner of the table so he asked if he could join. The boy introduced himself as Taecyeon and they instantly clicked. Turns out they were in the same class all along but nichkhun didn't noticed him cause previously he was glancing at wooyoung all the time. But now it was different, nichkhun decided he should have all the social life he had back in high school, he wanted it to be as fun. Liked how he and junho had the craziest times in high school then he ever had now. No more wooyoung, more time for myself.. he mumbled, pretty determined.