Cleared out

A vague memory.

 

What do I say? What do I do? It’ll probably sound hypocritical to him anyways. I shouldn’t actually care since he was the one who left first. He had nothing but judgmental eyes during our brief eye-contact. I couldn’t help but to notice a tint of sadness in his eyes, although I’m not sure if it’s played out.

I felt one hand looping through my arm and that was my personal cue, to play the ‘happy’ engagement partner. I sighed inwardly, and walked in linked arms to attend to the guests.

 

*

 

Wooyoung wished to leave, but his pride won’t allow him to. His ego forced him to stand right back up on my feet and continue socializing as a guest. Although it took Wooyoung a while to grab hold of the entire situation, but he is now ready. I should be happy, they are both of my friends and they are getting engaged! He mentally cringed.

Taecyeon kept glancing his direction to make sure he is okay. He was relieved when Wooyoung gave him a thumbs up with a wide smile.

Wooyoung scanned around the room, Who is Bass? He thought. That was much more important to him right now. After an hour of an unsuccessful search, he gave up. Wooyoung walked into the balcony to take a fresh air. He consolidated his thoughts and stared blankly into the dark sky.

The weather is as gloomy as me… that makes us a couple. he thought. Couple… ha… ha.

 

“What are you doing out here?” Wooyoung recognizes that voice, he doesn’t even have to turn.

“Just chilling.” He replied ignorantly.

“Seems like you are doing fine all by yourself.” Nichkhun said bluntly.

They stood there in dead silence for the next 15 minute. No one said a word yet it wasn’t awkward but rather questioning.

“I should go…” Wooyoung said, preparing to leave. Nichkhun pulled him back, and they were face to face as they looked through each other’s eyes. “It’s not what you think.” He murmured.

“I don’t care.” He replied, pulling his arm out of nichkhun’s grip. “Have a good engagement, Nich- Mr. Horvejkul.”

Wh-what? Is he kidding me? “YOU STOP RIGHT THERE” he said, almost shouting.

“What’s wrong darling?” Taeyeon popped out of nowhere. "I was walking out of the washroom then I heard a commotion here so I went out to look” she asked. “There’s nothing wrong tae. I’m just on my way out. Thank you for the refreshments, It was great.” Wooyoung replied in a monotone voice, ready to leave any second.

“I said, I’m not done.” Nichkhun said, fiercely yet steady, and pulled wooyoung outside through the crowd. Now this is interesting… Taeyeon smirked. There were stares and murmurs but Nichkhun didn’t care. He brought Wooyoung, who had given up resisting  into his car and shoved him into the passenger seat. He went in to the driver speed and sped off.

Nobody uttered a word throughout the ride. It was fast and furious.

“Let me go.” Wooyoung finally spoke.

“Not until you heard what I have to say.”

 

*

 

They sat on the car hood, staring into the big sea that was in front of them, along with the breathtaking night lights.

“Talk.”

“This whole engagement thing… I am forced, I was forced to. It’s because you left… and… I felt betrayed and alone. Taeyeon was there for me… She… I… we just happened.” Nichkhun spoke steadily, trying to remain calm. “I’m really sorry we had to meet again in this situation… but I’m not sure why you are angry at me for, I mean, aren’t you the one that left? Without hesitation of any sort. It must have been a breeze for you, so why now?”   

 

Idiot… It wasn’t on my own free will to leave.  Wooyoung thought mentally. “I’m not angry. Never was, never will.”

 

“I don’t believe you.” He pulled Wooyoung close and forced a kiss. He struggled, but eventually gave in. The kiss was full of emotions, as though they wanted this for so long. Wooyoung pulled nichkhun’s face closer to him, deepening the kiss. Nichkhun was surprised at that sudden action but loved it nonetheless.

 

*

 

“I’m sorry. Things happen. I really didn’t want to leave you in that manner. My mother… my family… there is something going on. I don’t know what and I’m still trying to figure out.” Wooyoung sighed.

“It’s all going to be alright.” He replied, smiling heartwarmingly and pulled him into a hug. Wooyoung hugged back, embracing the moment.

 

A black large van pulled over, and a few masked men came out of it. The situation was too fast to have even been captured. Nichkhun was knocked out, while Wooyoung was carried into the vehicle. They shoved a hand towel into his mouth so he couldn’t scream. Wooyoung struggled vigorously but they were too strong for him. They blindfolded him and threw him inside the vehicle.

“Go.” He heard one of the masked men say, and soon after he felt the van moving, before he was knocked out as well.

*

 

I woke up, with my head burning with pain. I grabbed hold of the car handles, trying to lift myself up. Woo..? wait. What?? He flipped open his phone. 2 calls from Taeyeon, 15 private unknown calls. What the flip? Before he could worry about the situation a private caller ID popped up again.

 

“WHERE IS WOOYOUNG?” screamed Taecyeon through the phone.

“Who are you? I think someone kidnapped him. I got knocked out by some masked men just now and when I regain conscious he is gone-“ “WHAT THE HELL? WHERE ARE YOU??” Taecyeon cut into his words before Nichkhun could continue.  

Nichkhun described the big ocean and the rough surrounding of the place before Taecyeon cut off their call. Where are you woo? He started panicking. There was no way to find him in such a big country. Or so, he thought.

 

*

 

There was sounds of the clock ticking. Someone was tapping his or her leg on the floor. My sweat was trickling down my forehead. It was a mixture of hot and cold temperature. Is this deliberate? I feel sick and a sudden pang of pain, someone punched my stomach. .

“We finally meet.” Someone said with a low voice, as he took off my blindfold. My vision blurred for a moment before returning to a clear view.

“Who are you? Let me go.” I argued calmly.

“You might or might not know me. I’m Bass.”

Bass..Bass… So you are Bass huh.

“I’ve heard of you. Now fill me up. What did my father do?”

“That would be a long story kiddo. Your father… he owes me a lot. And you, are unlucky since you are his son. You will have to take all the pain for him.” He said loudly, before giving me another punch, this time on my face. “Your father was a smart man… he lured me and gave me an useless document I made Taeyeon steal from you.” What… Taeyeon? I tried to control my expression but my initial surprised look gave me away.

“I see…you still don’t know huh. Taeyeon is in this with me. Your father made her dad jobless and she was homeless as a kid. You made her poor and weak since young. Until of course, she met me.” He said confidently. I cringed. I trusted her. How could she? Then was her feelings for nichkhun a lie too? To get it back on me? Sly woman.

“If you are trying to make me dislike my father, it isn’t working. So give it up.” I kicked him as harsh as I could.

“YOU RASCAL!” one of his accomplice screamed and slapped me across the face. “Your dad is a murderer!” Bass stopped him before he could reveal anything else.

“Murderer…?” I sat there, stunned.

 

“If you really must know,” Bass smirked, “I’m planning to have you murdered in front of your father’s face, like what he did to my brother. He was so heartless. That bastard.”

They fed me with some while liquid which got me so drowsy I fell unconscious seconds later.

 

*

 

“HOP ON. I FOUND OUT WHERE IS HE, IT’S ON THE GPS.” Taecyeon shouted through his window screen,  “thank god I did it for safety precaution” he mumbled silently.

Nichkhun hoped on, remembering him as the guy who was beside wooyoung at the party just now so he decided to trust him.


“Tell me what happened. Now.” Taecyeon demanded.

 

“We were talking…hugging-“

“Main point, please.” Taecyeon rolled his eyes, showing his obvious displeasure at their contact.

“Well… then I felt something knocking against my head and before I fell unconscious, I saw wooyoung getting dragged away.” He said softly. “I’ve no idea who are they.”

The GPS led them into the dark woods where the road got narrower. They got off the car and into the dark secluded area. They saw a shaggy looking cottage after 5mins of walking. “You go that way, I’ll go this way.” Taecyeon instructed.

Nichkhun walked through sticks and stones. After much progress, since he never knew the cottage would be this big, he went deep into the house. He heard a commotion beneath the door which was closed. He kept his steps small and silent, squinting his eyes through the small hole at the edge of the door. He saw Wooyoung, unconscious and being tied to the chair.  His heart clenched when he saw woo young’s bruises and red markings on his cheeks.

“Let him go!” He busted into the room. Taecyeon joined him after, mentally face palming at nichkhun’s abrupt decision to go in without any plans. Nichkhun saw the guy in suit taking out his gun swiftly.

“Come any closer and I’ll shoot” He said, pointing the gun at wooyoung’s direction.

Wooyoung felt nichkhun’s presence and he began shuffling in his seat. “Don’t worry, I’m here!” Nichkhun shouted.

“Khun!” he coughed, probably draining energy.

 

“Don’t do anything rash, Bass” Taecyeon said calmly, “What do you want?”

 

“You should know, Ok Taec Yeon,” he smirked. “What I want, is his life.” His eyes sparkled sadistically.

“You are crazy.” Nichkhun spitted.

“Oh yes, I’m.” he replied “Though I would love to let his father witness his death, I’m sure you both will do just fine.”

All of a sudden, police sirens could be heard.

“.” They panicked, and nichkhun took the chance to run to wooyoung, desperately trying to untie him. Taecyeon fought off the men who were coming to them. They soon gave up and decided to run for their life.

“You bastards! How dare you call the police!” Bass lifted up his gun once again and shot wooyoung. Wooyoung shook up with a squeal and clutched his stomach, which had taken the blow.

“Wooyoung!!!” Nichkhun shouted, “You are going to be fine. Bear with it.” He continued, trying not to cry.

“It…hurts…” wooyoung sobbed weakly. “Be care…ful… of …Tae…yeon” was his last words before he shut his eyes close and stopped responding.

 


 

A/N: Your comments got me started writing this again :P I will update by the end of this week i promise. Till then x