Finale

A vague memory.

“Woo! Woo! Are you still there? Wake up please. Don’t leave…” followed by a couple of sobs was what I vaguely heard before the voice drowned away. Where am I? Who am I? I woke up to a bright light shining directly into my eyes. It hurts… I whined. It was an empty space, no people, no sound. It was as though I was trapped in a wide open area that I could never finish walking.

Just then, a man walked steadily towards me. He was tall, the bright light covered up his face totally. I couldn’t see properly, I couldn’t hear a thing. He rose up a gun at me and shot without any hesitation. I felt no pain, but fell backwards. I touched my head, rose red liquids were coming out. Is it blood? It was cold. The man walked closer and closer to me. I am scared. It is beginning to set onto me that I may be dead. I’m afraid. I backed away, but he was coming closer and closer. I tried to run, but he pulled my leg, jerking me backwards. I shouted, but no voice was coming out. “No…! No…!” I screamed, but it came out as a squeal of nothingness. The man took out a knife and I saw his face. His smirk was conveyed to me that he would be satisfied only after stabbing me a million times. My life is over. I see as the knife blade shone in the dazzling light before it pierces my skin.

 

*

 


“AHHHHH!!!!”

“Woo! Woo! You are alright. It’s okay, take a deep breath. You are alright its fine.” Nichkhun said, calming him down. The doctor rushed him and examined him. Taecyeon and wooyoung’s parents were all there, unable to hide their sad facial expressions.

“How is he doctor? He has been screaming for the past few days unconsciously.”

“This is a really special case. I’m really not sure what to do and how to help him. We can only pray he wakes up. Whatever that is bothering him as his sleep must be a nightmare. Talking to him daily may help.”

“When will he wake up?”

“Please prepare for the worst. The bullet had shot a critical part of his body. Normally people would not live since the ambulance took too long as you were coming from a secluded area, but it is a miracle he is still breathing.  It also seems that despite having nightmares, his mentality is trapping him inside his dreams. He might be refusing to wake up. I’m not sure. Like I said, special case.”

Mrs. Jang kept bawling, her husband held her close. “This is all my fault.” Mr. Jang stated. Nichkhun clenched his fist hard. This was all that girl’s fault! Although Bass and his accomplice were caught, Taeyeon wasn't. He ran out and drove speedily towards Taeyeon’s apartment. Upon reaching, he banged the door hard and rang the doorbell repeatedly. He had never once seen Taeyeon after Woo was admitted to the hospital but today his anger got over his head.

After much commotion, she opened the door.

“Nichkhun! Where have you been? I’ve been calling you all week!!!” She said, pulling him into a hug.

Nichkhun shrugged her off, pushing her onto the floor. “You disgusting fake . It is all your fault. You and that guy in suit are in this together right? Now wooyoung might never wake up. Are you happy now?”

“I guess you know now, I don’t have to fake this pretense anymore. And yes, I heard about wooyoung in the hospital. Serve him right, he should blame his father!” She laughed. Nichkhun slapped across her face real hard.

“HIS FATHER MADE MY FAMILY CRUMBLE INTO BITS AND NEVER BOTHERED TURNING BACK TO EVEN GIVE US A GLANCE. HE DESERVES THIS!” she screamed. Just as she finishes her sentence, her father walked into the conversation.

“What did you do Taeyeon?” He asked, rather shocked at what he heard.

“You should stop the pretense too, Mr Kim. Your daughter played a part in killing someone! You must be so happy!” Nichkhun shouted, closing the door and running back into his car. He was too furious to think and definitely do not want to see anymore fake acting.

 

“Dad…” Taeyeon squeaked.

“What is all of that about…Kim Tae Yeon?”

“Dad I can explain!”

--

Nichkhun drove off. He was only able to take so much, and she totally blew it off. He sped throughout the ride. He was worried, upset, and very angry. He could hear and see the rain trickling down his window panes, and it made him gloomier. He turned up his radio to full blast. Not caring that the traffic light was turning yellow in a major intersection, he sped through the road. The person at the east of the intersection drove off faster than the lights. They collided. His car screeched and slammed right into Nichkhun's. Before Nichkhun could even digest what just happened, he fell unconscious.

 

*

I walked and walked, my white clothes were matted with crimson red blood. Why am I not dead yet though? He stabbed me which I swore was a hundred times, yet I’m not dead. It’s not logical. I feel weak to my bones. I decided to sit down and take a rest.

“Wooyoung… woo!” I heard from behind. I turned around. Nichkhun?

“Nichkhun…?” I smiled weakly. Seeing him around never felt this great. My energy started to deplete.

“Wooyoungggggg! Baby, I missed you. Why didn’t you wake up?” Nichkhun started sobbing.

“I’ve been waiting,” Wooyoung wasn’t expecting these words to come out from his mouth, but it flowed out naturally. “I missed you so much. I have so much words to say. Please can you help me?" he coughed out blood. "Can you convey to my father that I’ll forgive him for all the misdeed he had done. Please tell my mother I love her,” he was losing breath, he felt a gush of tiredness running over him. “Tell Taecyeon and Chansung that I’m really grateful for them coming into my life and being my friends.”

“No…” Nichkhun cried. “Don’t continue, I don’t want to hear. You… are com…ing back alive.” he sobbed.

“And Nichkhun, I love you, always had and always will. Please take good care of yourself and stop being such a bully.” Wooyoung giggled weakly. “Aish, why do I feel so tired?” he joked softly. “Love you…always…forget about me…” he coughed, before shutting his eyes close, unresponsive.  

“Woo…Woo!!! Talk to me! NOOOOO!” He screamed.

 

*

 

“Nichkhun! Khun are you alright????” Chansung shook him. Nichkhun had been talking in his sleep for the past few hours. It’s been 2 days since he crashed.

“Where am I?” Nichkhun woke up with a splitting headache.

“You got into a car accident, remember?”

“Oh yes…” Nichkhun recalled, his headache obviously not helping. “Where’s Wooyoung? Did he wake up?”

Chansung kept silent. “He’s gone…” he said solemnly.

“…what? No! Where is he? I want to see him!” He struggled, now realising that he is chained on the bed railings. “What is this? Let me go!”

“Sorry hyung… you have been screaming wooyoung’s name for the past 2 days. We thought it would be best for you to calm down like this when you hear this news. They are already attending to his funeral so you do not need to worry. I’m really sorry…” Chansung said, holding in his tears. Wooyoung had a special place in his heart as well and to have heard the news of his passing away was too much for him to take.

“Let me go! Let me go!” Nichkhun screamed, yelled but no one cared. He was turning crazy.

 

--

 

Days passed. No one allowed him to see Wooyoung for the last time. He was accompanied everywhere even in the toilets. Nichkhun found it ridiculous at how he was so closely monitored. He had no idea why nobody allowed him to even have a glance at Wooyoung. All his bottled up sadness was killing him bit by bit. He refuses to eat, he refuses to move. He would stone on his bed all day.

His mother would visit him every day but he refuses to talk.

 

“Son, talk to me, are you okay?”

“YOU talk to me, I want to see Wooyoung.”

“You won’t be able to take it, I want the best for you sweetie.” Mrs Horverjkul replied worriedly.

“I’ll be fine. Just once please?”

“He is gone, burnt. The funeral is over. You won’t get to see him even if I let you.”

Nichkhun heart ached at that sentence. It was as though his blood began beating again. He was gone…. Wooyoung is gone…

“Fine.” He faked, “Then at least bring me to the garden. I need some fresh air. I’ve been cooped up here all day I feel stuffy.” He forced the most convincing smile.

Mrs Horvejkul was delighted at the sudden change and of course, took him out for a walk. She was worried sick and she is happy that he is starting to change for the better. Or so, she thought.

They walked, arm in arm by the garden. “Mother, I need the toilet. Give me a minute.” Nichkhun blurted.

“Are you sure you are fine by yourself?” she asked, really concerned.

“Yes, I got over it. I’m alright.”

“Alright, I’ll wait here for you.” She agreed hesitantly.

 

2 minutes.

5 minutes.

8 minutes.

12 minutes.

 

The clock was ticking. Mrs Horvejkul was getting worried. She decided to wait outside the gents. He never came out. She rushed into all of the cubicles. Nobody was there. She stood there, shaking with fear. Son…?

She ran out, glancing left and right while shouting her son’s name. She searched and searched until she saw a crowd gathering near the bottom of a block, all looking nowhere but up. A man was sitting by the ledge of the roof. It was Nichkhun.

She was horrified at the sight, and hurried up while crying her eyes out. Son please… she sobbed. Finally reaching the top, she saw Nichkhun sitting there, a note in his hand, and arms spreading out wide freely. He breathed in fresh air.

“Sorry mother, I love you. But I think I love Wooyoung just as much.” He conveyed, before jumping of the roof.

“NO SON! DARLING!” She ran to the ledge, looking as her son dropped down storeys and hit the ground, blood seeping out slowly. She plopped onto the floor, shaking.

 

**

 

“Hey you dork!” someone hit my head. “Why are you always sitting alone?”

“I just… don’t want anyone to dislike me…”

“Everyone will like you if you speak up! My name is Nichkhun! Let’s be friends!”

“Really?” he pondered. “I’m Wooyoung. Jang Woo Young.”

 


 

A/N: SORRY I MADE THEM BOTH DIE. T__T idk how or why it just ended up this way. This is actually my first fic so i hope it isn't too disappointing! I've actually already started on another which i'm crazy over right now. I'll probably only start posting chapter 1 when I finish at least half of the story lol. <3