Missing you abit, maybe

A vague memory.

It has been 10 years since wooyoung left. I never actually saw him for the last time. It was just one day when i woke up and he wasn't there in my house anymore. There wasn't anyone sitting infront of me in the dining table to have breakfast. There wasn't anyone who bothers me when my friends come over to play. There wasn't anyone smiling stupidly at me trying to get my attention anymore. It just stopped. My mother told me he left for the states. Ohwell, he probably hates me since the last interaction we had was me pushing him onto the floor. What a big impression. yeah yeah.

*

Nichkhun looked through a list of university applications, trying his best to fill them up without getting insanely bored. Arghhhh whatever , they will probably call me to offer me a scholarship anyways, who cares about these forms. He pushed the forms aside and flipped open his phone.

1 new message.
Sender: Lee JunHo
Hyung want to go out today? I'm so bored and Jun. K hyung is no fun either, he has work. Let's go and pool or something.

He begins to type his reply.

sor|
sorry i|
sorry i have|
sorry i have somet--|
sorry i ha|
sor|
s|
|

 
Nichkhun types wanting to decline but decided not to. He was bored anyway, right? What else better to kill his boredom by spending the night out with his friend.

Ok let's go.| Message sent.
Nichkhun threw his phone on the bed and went to shower. He wore a fitting graphic shirt with a pair of jeans, slipped on his unnecessary sunglasses and left the house.

"Chyo man~ what's up with the sunglasses when the moon is up" Junho smirked, judging his fashion sense openly. Nichkhun rolled his eye and let it slide off as both of them head into the pooling area. They had to pass one of their identification to the staff temporary in exchange for the cue sticks and billard balls. Nichkhun passed the staffs his since junho didn't bring it. They headed towards their table and began setting up.

Clangg ; the sound of the balls colliding each other as nichkhun made his first turn. It wasn't a bad shot but none of the balls made it in so it was junho's turn. It was not long before they got to the winning hit. Nichkhun was in the lead and he had to get the black ball in before he could win. He got his posture right and aimed at the white ball carefully. Just before he was about to shoot, the next thing he knew was that he got slightly pushed by a guy and the cue stick, although successfully hit the white ball, it missed the black one.

"oops sorry dude wasn't paying attention" the guy said and just walked passed. He was too, wearing shades. Nichkhun was annoyed because it caused him to miss his shot. He wanted to scream at that guy but he already walked away. Junho, on the other hand was thrilled because he now has his turn. Nichkhun couldn't accept defeat so he mixed up the balls and called the game void. Junho couldn't help but to side eye him.

"hyung.. it's not fair" he pouted.

"well it wasn't fair to me too, maybe next time junho." nichkhun coughed.
Argh, damn that guy, i was about to win! Who is he calling dude anyway? damn.
They returned the stuffs and left the area. Nichkhun bid goodbye to junho and went home.

*

Nichkhun lied down on his bed staring on the ceiling. Memories were gushing back.

"here a c-candy..." 3 year old wooyoung offered. They both were left alone in Wooyoung's room because his parents had
some important business associates discussing for an upcoming project so the horvejkuls' decided to bring khun over
to accompany wooyoung.
Nichkhun pushed wooyoung's candy. "I'm no longer a kid! I don't want candy!" He stared at him.
"w-wh y? " wooyoung was shocked, tears welling up in his eyes. "wh- who doesn't like candy?" he wailed.

"aish you annoying blockhead. fine fine i'll take it okay."


*

I wonder what is he doing now? Is he still a crybaby? Ah why am i thinking of him? I must come to my senses!!
Just then, he received a new message, breaking his chain of thoughts ;
Congratulations Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul , you are offered a scholarship to Seoul university. Please contact our admin staffs to confirm your spot.-- Ha ha! i knew it i don't need to apply for anything since they come for me~

--There will be an orientation camp specially for scholars 3 days later for 3days and 2 nights. Please refer to the student portal for updates.
Thank you.

what? a camp? sigh i dread camps. Can't i just stay at home?

He didn't had a choice. It was stated at the portal that it was compulsary since it was pretigious.
what could be pretigious about a camp? nichkhun thought. Now...how can i avoid this--
"Congratulations my son!" Mrs horvejkul broke into his room with a loud exclaimation. I just got a phone call that you are offered a place in Seoul university. She pops a bottle of champagne.
Oh great..now the chance of skipping the camp is even more impossible. sigh.

*

Nichkhun didn't have to lift a finger. His mother was so happy and concerned that she got his stuffs ready for the camp and all the neccessary forms done for him. He gave his mother one hug before going out. It was a sunny morning. The weather is great and the city was filled with many people from the young to the old. Seoul national university was huge. He took a while to scan through the entire scenario in front of him, slowing taking them all in.

He went in and assembled at the destined area. There was a crowd of students. The obvious nerds to the really eye catching ones. An speech was made by the principle of the school. Getting bored of the slow talks, nichkhun stopped listening and started to space out.
"---so you all will be grouped up and will be using fake names to make this camp more interesting. Have fun!"
wait..what??
A teacher in charge began to pass down slips to each and every student.
It was the list of activities they were going to do and below it wrote the annonymous name of each student they have to go by.

hmm...so now i'm Buck? Hahahaha..what... isn't that just my middle name? I guess they ran out of interesting korean names to give me.

But well,  none of his friends bothered to know his full name since it was too long and Junho thought it wasn't necessary so they always thought of him as Kim Nichkhun. He scanned through the list of activities. Tonight, there was a masquerade ball.