Undeniably fun

A vague memory.

The last 3 hours went pass really quick. Freshies were introduced to their temporary dorms for the next three days and their campus. It was 2 to a room. Nichkhun threw his bag onto his bed and left to assemble back. He was wondering where his room mate was but he couldn't care less.

It's even better if i was the only one to this room heh. or so, he thought.


They continued their introductions and nichkhun, having a low attention span, had already started to space out. Suddenly, he felt a nudge at the side of his shoulder and looked up to see a guy staring straight at him.

"oops sorry, i wasn't looking at where i was going" he said. Nichkhun remained poker face, gave him a slight nod and continued his way.


*

flashback 6hours ago
All decked up in a new era cap, looking fashionably good in just tshirt and shorts, was wooyoung, who had just landed in korea from states.
Ahh.. korea.. long time no see. He breathes the fresh air and admired the scene, while enjoying his lollipop he got from the air stewardess on board.

Wooyoung was also enrolled into Seoul university. It was a last minute decision since the jangs was abit reluctant to let him head to Korea alone. However, wooyoung was persistent since he stayed too long in states and missed korea abit.  Coincidentally, Seoul university offered him a spot. His parents eventually decided that wooyoung is old enough to be independent so now here he is. Perhaps missing korea was an excuse, or maybe wooyoung was secretly looking forward to bumping into nichkhun in korea. Maybe the one he missed, was nichkhun.
The hyung who disliked him, and probably still. He wonders.. where and what is he doing now? But it's different now, since wooyoung came back as a stronger person and no longer a crybaby. Just you wait nichkhun..

*

He spent the next hour stuffing himself with korean food he missed so much. Attempting to be fashionably late, he only arrived at the university 3 hours later then the scheduled time. He was greeted by the staffs and received a slip of the activities. He left his bag in the room where his supposingly roommate had already left it there and went to join the group.  He was brought to the crowd of noisy freshies. Among those, there was one guy who was really quiet that caught his attention. Although he didn't get to see his face, he had a handsome back.

"checking out guys again?" whispered someone from the side of his ears.
Wooyoung turned around to see who was it who sounded so creepily familiar.
"oh my god. Chansung ah! What are you doing here?" he beamed.

Chansung was a friend wooyoung made in states when he was working as a temporary 2 weeks coffee barista. Chansung was new to states then and didn't knew much english. Having to have stayed there for 9 years, wooyoung taught him the ropes of the job in korean so he would understand it. It was tough but they both had quite alot of fun there. They started hanging out alot even after wooyoung stopped working there. Who knew chansung will follow along all the way to korea?
"hehe, i was also offered a spot here, didn't tell ya because i wanted to give you a surprise!" Wooyoung looked genuinely surprised and was thankful since he had a friend here with him now. They were chatting and at the corner of wooyoung's eyes he spotted someone looking insanely familiar.
that face.. that perfect face.. isn't that Nichkhun?! he is in the same school too?

"hey wooyoung!!" chansung nudged wooyoung who had been spacing out the whole time. "wait here chansung." Wooyoung's lips curled up to a smirk and headed towards nichkhun. As if accidentally, he nudged nichkhun's shoulder and held an apologetic expression.

"oops sorry, i wasn't looking where i was going" wooyoung teased, looking at him straight in the face. Nichkhun gave him a small nod and left.

wow.. he doesn't recognise me anymore mumbled wooyoung. ;this is going to be fun. He chuckled.

Chansung was watching him all along. Ahh..so this is what was going on..hmm..
Wooyoung came back and they exchanged understanding glances. They were brought into a wide room to change their outfits for tonight's ball. There was a range of long dresses to grand suits and they went to get dressed seperately. Wooyoung wore a dark grey long sleeved shirt along with a pale vest and a cream long pants. He looked stunningly hot with his hair styled up. They gave him a black beautifully detailed mask and he slipped it on.

The grand hall was huge and styled with an exquisite design. Cocktails and refreshments were served while instrumental music was played.
It was already filled with people, especially the dance floor where people were getting close with each other by dancing together from partner to partner.
He was used to such scenarios, having required to attend elite-held parties back in the states with his parents. He glanced around the room, hoping to find who he was looking for but everyone had a mask covering their face so they were barely identifiable. He sighed and proceeded to the dance floor. What's better to continue the day then dancing? He spotted a cute girl who was standing awkwardly by the side of the dance floor. He offered to dance with her and she accepts, looking rather surprised.
The girl turned out to be a rather good dancer, although clumsy at times. It was not long before the middle selection change. Wooyoung spun around and exchanged his partner to the one who was next to him. It was a guy taller then him. Wooyoung looked into the guy's eyes. It was nichkhun. He identified immediately and looked intensely into nichkhun's dark orbs.
Nichkhun, on the other hand turned out to be oblivious thinking it was another freshie and danced along.

Wooyoung moved closer to him, with their chests touching. Nichkhun felt that the guy infront of him was leaning too close for comfort. He stared back at the guy infront of him, thinking it was an accident and that he would stop. But no, wooyoung didn't. He went closer, until their lips were barely an inch away, and breathed into nichkhun's mouth.
"Don't you remember me?" wooyoung whispers with a low voice. It was hard for nichkhun to admit but he was rather . After whispering, wooyoung left the dance floor, leaving nichkhun hanging.

What the hell was that?! Nichkhun thought.

*

The party went on and some girls flirted with nichkhun who looked stunning even when half of his face were barely visible due to his mask. However, nichkhun couldn't stop thinking about the guy from just now. Who was he? He downed a few more glasses of cocktail, trying to avert his attention. The party got to it's peak and people were having alot of fun. They had gotten closer to each other in this few hours. Nichkhun was slightly drunk and was flushed on the cheeks. He leaned against the wall, unable to forget the guy from earlier.

The ball ended after a long day. They were all gathering back to their room. Nichkhun was rather drunk so he stumbled all the way into his room. His blurry vision caught a guy who was also in the room, sitting by the bed.

"OH heeeeeyyyy man areeee you my roomie??" nichkhun slurred.

"yes i am, and i hope that i had caught your attention just now" the guy echoed.