Marriage?!

A vague memory.

 

Wooyoung woke up feeling dreary and tired. All those rush of thoughts last night made his head hurt more than usual. He decided to stay in bed for the day since it’s been way too long since he last enjoyed himself. It was always work, work and work since that day. At times like these, he really missed his friends, particularly Nichkhun. He smiled, reminiscing the times at school. Though it was short, but it was fun. 

"Mr jang."  Someone said politely, startling wooyoung out from his thoughts.

 

"Ah, taec you scared me." wooyoung scoffed.  "And stop calling me Mr jang, didn't we agreed on wooyoung?" 

 

"Alright then Mr Wooyoung, it is time to leave your bed and prepare for the day."

 

"Can i have a day off today, pretty please?" he argued with the most pitiful eyes he could fake. "I'm really tired." 

 

Taecyeon and wooyoung's relationship to the crowd may seem purely like boss and assistant, however, they are actually quite close. Or rather, that is what wooyoung thinks. Taec barely showed any brotherly affection to woo, making it rather one-sided. Wooyoung still tries stubbornly despite it. He wanted a friend.

Upon seeing taec with no response, wooyoung lean in closer to him. With their noses an inch away he said cheekily, "pleaseeeeeeee?" Taecyeon backed away when he saw wooyoung closed up, definitely surprised at his abrupt move. 

 

"Alright then Mr Ja- Mr wooyoung, however there is an engagement party you have to attend tonight. 7pm at the Kims'." Taec read out diligently from his planner.

 

"Who are they?" 

 

"Not too sure but they invited us. I researched and their company seem pretty new, started out a few years ago but had been constantly on the rise."

 

"Will the Bass' be there?" Wooyoung popped the question randomly. Taecyeon's expression made a definite and obvious change. He tried to remain calm but his facial expressions was already caught by wooyoung.  So he knows....

 

*

 

How did he know about Bass? What should i say? Taec tried to control his expression, changing it to a poker face. He know wooyoung had realised it but still, he would not speak about this matter. "Probably so," he said "have a great day then. I'll be here at 6pm to pick you up." abruptly ending their conversation, and left.

 

Taecyeon walked towards Mr. Jang's workroom before heading back to the office. He knocked the door steadily and waited for his signal before opening the door. 

 

"Hello Taecyeon. What brings you here early in the morning?"

 

"Good morning sir. I was just informing wooyoung about the party tonight. However.." Taecyeon mumbled hesistantly.

 

"What's wrong?"

 

"I think he knows about he Bass' " he blurted. Mr Jang looked at him for a split second before answering.

 

"He would know sooner or later, there is nothing to be worried about."

 

"But.." before taecyeon could continue, Mr jang ushered him to leave and told him not to speak of this matter again. As an assistant, he couldn't defy orders so he left without much words. 

 

*

 

Wooyoung spent the rest of the day lazing in his bed. He even made breakfast in bed possible, and not just typical breakfast but icecream breakfast. Sweet food was just what he needed. When was the last time again? Even he couldn't remember. He popped another spoonful of ice cream into his mouth while reading a magazine.

He walked out to his balcony after an hour of constructive reading and breathed in the fresh air. what is he doing now? He wondered.

 

Hours passed, and Wooyoung was in the shower, preparing for the engagement party later on. He put on a robe and left the bathroom. Taecyeon was already waiting for him. He smiled at him briefly but Taec turned away. 

 

-

 

I watched him as he came out in just a bath robe. I mentally screamed in my head. God he looked hot. His hair was still wet and there was water dripping down his neck and thighs. His proportions isn't a joke. I felt hot and I swear I was blushing when he smiled at me, ever so warmly. I turned my head away, trying to avoid any eye contact. I could hear him chuckle and then came a string of words that caught me bad, "You aren't gay for me right?" he said it clearly as a joke. I got a bit courageous and replied, "What if I am?"

 

*

 

"What if I am?" Taecyeon replied. Wooyoung laughed it off thinking it was a witty reply but when he saw Taec's serious expression, he realised the situation. 

 

"Haha.. what? Didn't you like girls." Wooyoung stated.

 

"Until I saw you, the clueless boy who came into the company a few years back. I don't know when or how but it became this way, okay?" Taec continued, "Now you know, please put on some clothes, else I might lose some self-control.  I'll see you downstairs in ten."  He finished before leaving downstairs. 

 

Wooyoung stared blankly into mid-air. "ha..ha..ha...." he was slowly losing his sanity.  At that moment he felt although he was in a bath robe. He brushed that thought away and hurriedly put on his clothes. He tucked in some formal wear before heading downstairs. 

 

Wooyoung sat at the back of the limo beside Taec. He was feeling really awkward. Taecyeon on the other hand looked ignorant and avoided eye contact throughout the ride. He glanced at taec slightly. Wooyoung never thought of him the way taec looked at him. He liked him as a friend, as a colleague, but since when did he...? Wooyoung brushed those guilty thoughts away focusing on the car ride instead. 

 

They arrived at the venue, and was ushered by the guards into the doors. It was rather big considering a few media were there. He put on his business facial expression and went in. It was a big hall with two flights of long stairs leading up to a mini stage which was currently filled by two cellist. There was already a crowd of invited guest who are mingling around, either trying to strike a deal or improve themselves socially. Wooyoung went to grab some refreshers for himself while taecyeon went to greet some familiar faces. 

 

"Test-test" the mic caught the attention of everyone in the house.  Wooyoung looked up. That must be Mr Kim.. He seemed familiar though? He thought. 

"Hello everyone. Thank you for coming to my daughter's engagement party. What's the party without the main engagement couple here? Let's applause for my daughter, Taeyeon." Wooyoung clapped, eh wait... Taeyeon , as in Tae-Yeon?! He realised one step slower. He looked up and it was indeed her.  

"And my future son in law, Nichkhun." 

 

What. The. Hell.

 

Wooyoung eyes widened when he saw Nichkhun coming out from the side and towards Taeyeon as they clasped their hands lovingly together. Applause and cheers were coming from all direction but all Wooyoung could do was space out due to the shock.

 

He felt slightly faint and taecyeon caught him just in time before he fell. "What's wrong? Are you okay?" taecyeon asked worriedly. 

 

"I'm okay. I need some fresh air, please."

 

*

 

Taecyeon and wooyoung sat down at the bench they found at the garden of the house. "Now, tell me, what's wrong?" taecyeon prompted, concerned. 

 

"Nothing.. My head just hurts. Must be because I forgotten to dry my hair." wooyoung joked unconvincingly. Taecyeon was not taken in, he knew something was wrong. There is this face wooyoung always make when he is in shock or hurt. 

"I will be there when you are ready to talk." taecyeon said. He held wooyoung close to him and let him lean against his shoulder. Wooyoung snuggled closer, trying to obtain some warmth. His peace was soon disrupted.

 

"Wooyoung is that you?" a familiar voice emerged from a distance away. Before wooyoung could respond, he was pulled to a hug by Taeyeon. 

"Oh my gosh it's really you!!" her voice pierced.

 

"Yeah.. Hi tae.." he smiled awkwardly.

 

"This is such a coincidence! Oh yeah.. I'm sorry you had to hear the news like this. I know you and nichkhun had a thing..." Taec raised an eyebrow, trying to process as much information as possible.

 

"It's fine tae," wooyoung cut her off. "I hope the best for you two." He glanced at nichkhun who was standing a metre behind taeyeon, with an unreadable expression. "Let's go taec." he said, as he brushed passed nichkhun.

Taec gave nichkhun a glare before strutting off after wooyoung. There was an unspeakably tension and a tint of awkwardness. 

 

Taeyeon gave a soft smirk before returning back to nichkhun's side, holding him close to her. "Who knew we would meet here? Such a coincidence hahaha" she chuckled, eyeing his reaction. However there was none, nichkhun just gave her a slight smile and offered to return back to the hall and attend to guests. 

 

 

* * *

 

Taeyeon knew wooyoung was there, somewhere in the crowd when her father introduced them. She deliberately told her father to invite the Jang family. Knowing the Jangs were famous for letting their son attend social events, she knew wooyoung would come in their place as usual. 

 

Her father's newly built company was sponsored to him after she obtained the document. Their company had been on a rise in the recent years as the Bass, being an established company, had been promoting them and introducing them to client. Her family was back on track and Taeyeon was never happier, but wasn't satisfied. 

She wanted to see the Jangs down, to the rock bottom. She thought that the Bass' would do the job once they obtained the document, but a few days passed and they never did. She was impatient, so she decided to take things to her own hands. 

Luckily for her, she caught nichkhun sitting at the rooftop deep in thoughts one day when she was roaming around in school. An idea came almost immediately.  

 

She sat beside nichkhun casually, as though it was the most natural thing to do. "Didn't see you with wooyoung recently, did you two fight?" she knew wooyoung left for states with his mother. She was rather well informed. 

"hmmm..?" she prompted, upon hearing no response from nichkhun.

 

"He left..." 

 

"Eh?"

 

"He left, again!" nichkhun replied, almost screaming. "That guy left without telling me again.. That guy... ugh."

 

"What? Wooyoung???" she faked. Then, it all started. She would stay by nichkhun to listen to his sorrows and ranting all day, everyday. She was getting closer to nichkhun day by day. She started slow yet steadily until one day he was wrapped around her fingers. She got close to him when he was emotionally hurt and used that against him.  She played the good friend and a year later they got into a relationship. 

 

Nichkhun didn't know why or how he accepted her as his girlfriend, or perhaps he felt comforted since he could pour out his feelings to her.  At some point of time, he even took her for wooyoung. He was confused and hurt.

When he realised his true feelings, it was too late. He had already met her family and they even decided on engagement. 

 

"Sir, don't you think is too early for engagement?" nichkhun asked politely, not wanting to sound rude. 

 

"What early? You two have been dating for years. It's just engagement, not marriage." Mr Kim replied. Taeyeon tugged nichkhun's shirt, "Don't you like me, oppa?" 

 

Nichkhun cursed under his breath knowing that this has gone too far to be stopped and kept his mouth shut. He managed to argue to hold back the actual engagement date but allowing them to announce it earlier. There wasn't any other choice.

 


A/N: Hi readers.. i hope you have not ditched this fic lol T_T . School started for me so i didn't have time /and motivation/  to write. I'm so so so sorry. I actually wrote this 3 weeks ago lol but I forgotten to post this HAHAAHA SO SORRY.  I actually love taeyeon so i feel sorry when i type her  out as someone bad T____T ohwells. love you all <3