not so simple

A vague memory.

"I've decided yesterday that your proposal have to be submitted 2 days earlier then it was supposed to be. It will now be dued 3 days later." The lecturer left, unallowing any discussions. It was fixed.

"eh??what? That's so unreasonable!" complaints could be heard across the room but the lecturer had already left. Wooyoung glanced at nichkhun who stared at him blankly. They both didn't retorted with any complaints but they were secretly unhappy. Now they have to fasten up the pace of the proposal. Wooyoung left the hall without any words exchanged with Nichkhun, walking to his next class.

Is he ignoring me now? Nichkhun thought, unpleased.

Wooyoung had Business class as his minor as his father would like him to take over his business. But his interest was with medicine, so it had became this way. He dragged his feet into class where he saw Chansung waving at him, telling him to sit beside him. He smiled.

It wasn't soon until classes ended and as for wooyoung, he didn't had any more sub classes afterwards so he decided to go home. He bid goodbye to Chansung who had another class after this and headed towards the school gates. He strolled along the pathway, lost in his thoughts. He had his earpiece stucked into one of his ears and the other left hanging. He grooved to the beat, engrossed in the music.

"Yah!" someone tapped him hardly on the shoulder, which startled him so much he jumped up. It was nichkhun. He laughed so hard upon seeing wooyoung's reaction. "hahahahahaha!! Your expression is priceless oh god."

"What do you want." Wooyoung replied, rolling his eyes.

"Well, we have a proposal which is due really really REALLY soon." Nichkhun said, barely holding in his laughter. "We need to continue it like now."

Before wooyoung could obliged unwillingly, a shiny black sports car pulled over in front of two of them. The side window screen pulled down, revealing a girl. It was Taeyeon.

"Hope you still remember me. I'm not one of those girls you could kiss and just leave hanging. How about lunch?" She smirked at wooyoung. She changed, and wasn't that innocent taeyeon they saw at camp. She was alluring in a sort of way and wooyoung liked it.

"Well sure..why not? I don't have anything on anyway." Wooyoung grinned, hopping into her car.

"Hey! You ..wait! Proposal..." Nichkhun shouted, but the car had already drove off. Nichkhun was pissed off and wooyoung was definitely going to get it when he gets back.

*

Wooyoung looked out at the scenery and realised the familiarity of the direction taeyeon was driving to. "I'm bring us to my favourite restaurant, I'm sure you will love it as much as i do." She chuckled at him. She pulled over at the crowded alley of the road. Isn't this ..... ;; Wooyoung and taeyeon walked into the restaurant which had an italian wording "buon cibo" as its name. Wooyoung smiled adoringly at the sign.

It was the restaurant his parents often brought him to when he was 3. He loved it very much whenever they brought him there because they were always busy with their work and the restaurant was the closest to their home. His mother would always feed him in a fork twirled with spaghetti. He enjoyed it so much because he felt that the twirling was so mysterious and cool. As a young aged boy that time, his thoughts were really innocent so he found that really interesting.

"Come, stop staring~ Let's go in!" Taeyeon dragged him in, breaking him away from his thoughts.

"One spicy chipotle pasta please." taeyeon said to the waiter.

"I'll have the tomato spaghetti." he said, smiling widely.

"You have such kiddy tastes." she laughed. It was wooyoung's favourite when he was young. He couldn't take spicy food so his mother would always order this for him instead. When the food was served, it brought back one of wooyoung's many memories. He remembered his childhood innocence and many thoughts went across his mind. He was so happy that everytime he took a mouth of the spaghetti , he would twirl it slowly, smile at it before consuming it.

Taeyeon noticed how cute he looked when he ate while holding such a genuine expression she couldn't help but to admire him.

Aish...i must get my senses together! I must not get anything involved with him... stick to the plan taeng..stick with it... She thought, realising she was enjoying the moment when she wasn't suppose to. He's an enemy.... "I'll go make a phone call." she said, trying not to sound hateful. Wooyoung nodded and gave her a warm smile. She returned the best smile she could fake and went to the back of the restaurant, near the exit.

"Everything is going as planned, sir." she said. "He is completely caught up in his childhood."

"Ok that is good, continue to get close to him. But not too fast else he would get suspicious. I'll transfer more money to your account tonight."

"Alright. " she replied, hanging up.

*

Taeyeon was 7 when she found out her father got fired unreasonably by the jang company. Her father became jobless and her family went downhill. They were previously rather well to do but because of that, her life went downhill drastically. Everything was taken away by the company and none was spared. She thought of the Jangs as heartless people. Their family were chased out of the house that were supposingly given to them by the Jangs. They could only afford to stay at a small one room flat. She would cry silently at night as her parents quarrelled day and night because of financial issues. They couldn't accept it and never tried once to think positive and make it right again.

Taeyeon would occasionally starve since they do not have enough food to go around. She cried herself to sleep whenever she was starving. No matter how much her parents quarrelled, they never got mad at her. Her heart broke for her parents when they looked devastated and lost, yet smile at her warmingly everyday, assuring her everything was ok. From then on she had set her mind on destroying the Jangs' business however she never had the ability to even get close to them. Years passed and she thought her destiny was set and she couldn't changed it. One day when she was out to get some bread for dinner, a man in suit approached her.

"Are you taeyeon?" he asked, almost discreetly.

And then it all started. And here was she now, trying to get close to Jang woo young. She was offered a sum of money and an education just by getting close to the boy to obtain some important document. It was killing many birds with a stone. She could get revenge and everything she had lost back. "It is going to be a long commitment, can you do it?" she vividly remember the man telling her. She agreed steadily, with vengence set in her heart. She wanted to got to wooyoung through the sweet, innocent girl concept during camp which the man slotted her in with strings attached. It didn't work. Well, she thought it did until a guy she didn't know dragged her target away that night. It was unexpected and she figured it didn't leave much impression since she walked passed him several times when school started and he never did greeted her. Or even looked at her. So she changed the plan.

*

Taeyeon went back to the table quickly, concerned that wooyoung might get suspicious since she was caught up in her thoughts for quite a bit. He had already finished his food once she got there. "Sorry i took long, how was the food?" she asked , "Yummy isn't it?" she chuckled.

"Super." Wooyoung said, very satisfied with his meal. "We should hang out more often." he said, completely bought over by her actions.

Got ya! heh... "Of course!" she pulled a fake grin.

*

Nichkhun rolled around on his bed and rubbed his blanket again his bed. He couldn't get over the fact that wooyoung just left off with that girl from earlier. Hello...like we have an urgent proposal to rush?? he raged mentally. He couldn't put his mind at rest so he just followed his heart. He put on his red hoodie and a black cap and left for wooyoung's house.

Upon reaching the doorsteps, the same black car pulled over , shining it's front lights directly at him , blinding him out for a second. He rubbed his eyes and saw wooyoung coming out from the driver's seat. "Thanks for today!" he said, waving to taeyeon before she replaced his seat and drove off. He saw nichkhun standing at his doorsteps but he was inamused.

"Aren't you too young to drive?" Nichkhun greeted.

"Well back in states no one really cared." Wooyoung grunted. "What do you want?"

"We have a proposal we have yet to complete and had to delay because you went out with some unnecessary girl" he replied, rather pissed off. Wooyoung rose and eyebrow and invited him into the house since he had to make up for the time loss. He his apartment's lights and went into his room to get his laptop. nichkhun started to explore the house which was bigger then he thought it would be for one person.

"You are really living the life." He said, loud enough for wooyoung to hear. Wooyoung ignored it. 

They started continuing with what they were doing yesterday before the impromptu phone call. Nichkhun would occasionally steal a glance at wooyoung during their discussions. "Am i that cute?" Wooyoung finally asked, having noticed he was being watched by nichkhun. "you wish!" Small talks like these made both of them equally happy but they never expressed it much. Hours went passed and it was already 2am. Wooyoung could feel his lids closing really slowly but he stubbornly continued.

"So..now how about an example of the equation t(dy/dt)+4y=8t..." Nichkhun asked, waiting for a respond. "hmmm?" he prompted, still staring at his part of the paper. He looked up wondering why wooyoung wasn't replying him. Wooyoung fell asleep. He grinned, admiring the sight in front of him. "Stop staring." Wooyoung suddenly spoke. "I'm not," he replied, trying to put his sight somewhere else. "It's late, we should continue tomorrow. See you in school" Nichkhun blabbered, rushing out closing the main door.

"What am i doing?!" he murmured, leaning against the door facing the streets.

*

Wooyoung placed his head on the table after nichkhun shut the door, trying to assemble his feelings. He was rather confused by nichkhun's actions. If only you acted like this when we were younger.. it's too late now.... He fell asleep.

 

 

A/N: OMG GUYS DID YOU HEAR ABOUT 2PM'S COMEBACK? I'm so happy i think i'm going to cry tears of joy (┰ω┰)/♡ . Anyways, back to the fic.. i finally thought of a plot because i didn't want it to be just lovey dovey and all. Is it okay ?(´▽`)? Hehe, love y'all!