ticktock

XII

 

III

 

 

GUI GUI’S POV

Dean handed me the envelope he was holding. “I took the liberty to transfer you to an different school. Although this school isn’t as grand and prestigious as your last one but this school is still worthy of being praised. You can graduate and if you like, go overseas and continue your studies. Luckily we have a couple of days till you attend your classes so for the next couple of days, just take it easy.”

Gui looked around the apartment, it was an ordinary apartment, nothing was out of the ordinary.

Dean paused and hugged Gui who was still trying to adjust to her surroundings. “This is the best I can do. Although this apartment is not like your home, you can still do everything you can. This place has security and I will be here if you need me. Like I said, I will help you get your home back. We will do this together so please, don’t pout anymore Gui. Your smiling, bright and cheerful self... I hope you can return to that girl.”

“I want to be alone.”

Dean pulled away, got up and slowly walked towards the door. “I will come back tomorrow to see you, take it easy Gui and do not do anything crazy.”

Dean took one last glance over to Gui before closing the door behind him.

Once he was out of the room, Gui listened to the clock ticking seconds to minutes before her vision got blurry. Tears stream down her face as she suddenly got up and threw everything she could grab onto, throwing it to the wall or to the floor.

She threw out her frustrations out at the objects she was throwing. Before she knew it, she grabbed a glass object and threw it hard. She could hear the glass shatter but she didn’t care. Everything she once had was gone and there was no way to return it once it perishes.

 

 

 

AARON YAN’S PART

Aaron walked out of the elevator and walked over to his apartment, but before he could go in, he heard a faint cry. He paused and listened to the sound. Curious, he walked over to the sound and he found himself standing in front of a room next to his.

The sound of breaking dishes and throwing things could be heard from the outside, just faintly. Curious, he knocked. There was no reply.

He knocked once more but no one answered his call. He reached to turn the door knob to see if the door was unlocked, it was locked.

Then he was going to forget it but he heard someone scream from the other side. His instincts took control as he quickly kicked the door open and ran inside to a dark room. He quickly located the light switch and his eyes fell at the girl who was laying on the floor.

“ARE YOU OKAY MISS? YOUR FEET IS BLEEDING! WHAT HAPPENED?”

Aaron questioned her, from the corner of his eye, he could see the room completed trashed with broken glass and scattered paper everywhere. Then Aaron’s eyes looked over to her feet to see blood coming out.

“This is dangerous! WE NEED TO GET YOU TO AN DOCTOR! YOUR INJURY IS GOING TO WORSEN IF YOU DON’T GET A DOCTOR TO LOOK AT IT!”

She used all her strength to push him away but his grip got tighter, refusing to budge. It was a critical moment for them both and he knew that this was dangerous for her if she didn’t see a doctor to tend to the wound. He run his hands through his hair, growing irritated and at that moment, something has caught his eye.

On her ankle, she has a scar. In a shape of a wing.

 

‘A wing-like scar... A wing-like scar...”

 

 

“MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!”

“WE NEED TO GET YOU TO THE–“

“GO AWAY! I DON’T NEED YOU, I DON’T NEED ANYONE! I WANT TO BE ALONE SO LEAVE ME ALONE!”

As stubborn as they both were, Aaron quickly carried her and hurried out of the room. She continue to cry out, protesting and even threatening him to let her go but he ignored her protests and took her to the nearest clinic.

“LET ME GO YOU ERT! I WARNED YOU SO YOU BETT–“

“SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO ME.”

Aaron yelled, he was normally patient but he didn’t know why he snapped at her. Taken back, the girl looked away.

“I know it is not my business to interfere but I can’t pass by and turn a blind eye. My parents taught me better than that.”

And before she knew it, Aaron walked into the clinic to see the receptionist and the nurse who was preparing to leave gasp upon his arrival. They glanced at the bleeding coming from the girl’s feet.

“CALL DR.LEE IMMEDIATELY.”

As if preparing for an surgery, the doctor and the nurse signal Aaron to place the girl on the bed. He complied and then the receptionist called Aaron back out to wait outside while they tend to the girl.

The receptionist then hand him an form to fill out. Aaron looked at it blankly, only to say. “I’m sorry, I don’t know her.”

The lady looked taken back, giving him an worried expression. “I recognize that young lady.”

 

Huh?

 

Aaron looked up at her, confused at her sudden words but the lady continue to speak. “I don’t know much but I know that young lady is the only daughter of the Wu’s. The Wu family has been influential in the business industry, mainly in the finance sectors but I guess fame comes with a price. The poor child’s mother passed away at an early age and her father remarried to a women with two children. I thought they were an happy family... Who knew that this would happen shortly after her father’s death?”

She continued to give her speech. “This child’s name is Wu Ying Jie.”

 

 

 

STEPMOTHER’S PART

 

 

Wu Ying Jie...

 

Wu Ying Jie...

 

Wu Ying Jie.

 

 

“What did you just say?” She glanced at her daughters who stormed into her room with a news that sent a wave of shock to everyone present. But as sudden as this was, news travelled fast and it shook the mansion gravely.

“She is not here?”

“Apparently they saw that friend of hers take her away, with her bags and everything.”

The stepmother’s lips curved into a wide grin as she scoffed, enjoying the pleasant news she was hearing. Finally that ignorant brat is out of my sight.

 

“My two beautiful daughters Reen and Rainie, are you ready to prepare for the ball?”

They nodded blissfully. “I want a prince mom!”

“Me too! I want prince charming!”

“How about our prime minister’s son? Qiu Sheng Yi?”

The two sisters paused and looked over to their mother whose lips curve into a grin. “He has everything we want, money and fame. Think about it ladies.”

“Mom...”

“Do not forget, even though this is a charity event. It is still his son’s 18th birthday so be well-behaved okay?”

Rainie and Reen both nodded half-heartedly as they pushed their food away. “Bravo, going on a diet will be nice for your figures!” Their mother exclaimed, excited for the party.

“We will prepare for the ball now mother.”

 

While the mother was focused on her two daughters, the head butler and the head maid glanced at each other, he gave her a firm nod and in response, the head maid slipped out of the dinner room quietly.

She took out an envelope form her pocket and handed it over to one of her maid who replied with a nod, “This is important, remember to give this to him and no one else.” The maid nodded once again and walked away, slipping out of the mansion swiftly.