Chapter 9 - Getting Close

My Past is My Last

 

"Dara ! Where are you yesterday?!", Bom shouted at Dara.
"Same question goes to you young lady, where the hell are you?", Dara rolled her eyes while sipping her morning coffee.
There's no class for her and for Bom today, and they decided to enjoy it as best as they can.
"The plan is to make you meet Jiyong again !", Bom angrily said. She puffed her cheeks and blew her bangs.
"But he said he didn't see you anywhere !", Bom continued.
"WHAT?! TELL ME THIS IS NOT SERIOUS !", Dara finally showed her temper. She couldn't actually believe that her bestfriends still don't understand why she avoids him.
"I don't care, you have to see him", Bom completely unaffected with Dara's reaction.
"No need to do that now", Jiyong popped out of nowhere. He immediately sit beside Bom, across Dara.
"Hello ladies", he ignorantly greet them.
He then waved his arm gesturing for the waitress to order. His presence absolutely caught people attention, even waitress are slightly fighting to take his orders.
He totally doesn't care and politely order what he wants. The finished it with a smile that could scare the heaven away.
Bom and Dara was completely silent, they didn't dare to speak.
"Bom, no class for today", Jiyong asked and look at her.
Bom just averted her gaze, trying not to meet his eyes. She just feels so awkward to be in between this weirdo couple.
"Nice question, if she had a class, why would she even here dumb-", Dara sarcastically said.
Jiyong chose not to respond to her words since he knew he's at fault.
"Sorry", Jiyong bowed his head and played with his fingers.
Dara also covered her face with her palm. To cover her giddiness seeing how Jiyong could act like a kid after a sarcastic words.
Bom suddenly stands up and bid her goodbye while half-running to the door.
 
"Now what?", Dara coldly said while acting like she doesn't care a thing.
"Don't know, you decide", Jiyong got the bulls eye. Dara really didn't know that he could fight back at the moment. Before she could regain herself, Jiyong beat her into it, 
 
"Let's go somewhere", Jiyong asked her.
"What are you proposing", she answered while looking elsewhere. Afraid that she might meet his gaze and ruined her act. She didn't want him to know that his question are driving her to the edge of giddiness.
"Nothing, i just miss it i guess", he nonchalantly answered and leaned back to his chair. His features really popped off. Dara couldn't help but examine him. She remembers back and then, no matter how handsome he turned out, she still saw the same Jiyong back on her childhood time. No traces of the Jiyong now.
 
"Where to go?", she's curious where he will take her if she agrees without showing her interest.
 
"I know you'll agree to it", he showed his satisfied face and scooted forward.
"But it's a secret", he whispered to her.
 
"I won't go if it's a secret", she felt a tingling sensation running down to her spine. She almost shudder when she leaned down to make a gap between them.
 
"Fine, somewhere around our childhood park", his words really tempting, she always wanted to come back there, and remembers every single memories she has created in the past.
 
She couldn't bring herself to say no, 
"Let's go", she stood up and walk first to cover the smile that lit up her pretty face.
 
From behind, Jiyong flashed his satisfied smile and paid the bill before running off to catch her up.
 
Dara's scream ecoed inside Jiyong's car.
"What the hell?!", Dara pinched Jiyong's arm, making him scooted further and winced in pain.
"This is NOT our childhood park !", Dara make sure he will hear the word 'not'
"Wow, i respect your strength", Jiyong smiled and look her in the eyes.
Dara got shocked at the sudden contact so she tried to look anywhere but him.
"Listen, i have to clear things up", Jiyong softly said.
"I promise it would be completely harmless", he assure her.
Somehow she believed him, she believes that he will protect her.
"But .. But .. Fine", Dara slumped her shoulder.
Jiyong tucked her hair behind her ear and poked her cheek before getting out from the car.
Dara frozen on her seat after what happened. Does he even realized what he has done?
Before her mind drifted into conclusion, Jiyong opened her door and help her out. 
Because Dara's mind is still somewhere else, she bumped her head on the car pretty hard. Making a sound "TAK" on the process.
She then automatically scooted on the ground.
"OUCH", she rubbed her forehead while scrunched her face in pain.
"Are you okay?", Jiyong scooted on the ground beside her to inspect her forehead.
"Where does it hurt?", he checked if she has bruises anywhere.
Dara slightly pointed her left forehead while twitching .
Jiyong then focused his attention on that part and rubbed it with his palm.
"Feeling better?", he caresses her hair.
Dara could only nod. Her heart is getting crazy with his attention, he cares for her just like before.
 
Jiyong who was watching her all the time realized that she just like before. She will twitch when she feels pain. 
"You never changed", Jiyong chuckled while helping her up.
He then asked her one more time if she okay than walked ahead to guide her inside.
"So do you Jiyong, you never changed a bit in my eyes", Dara softly mumbled.