Chapter 7 - Avoiding

My Past is My Last

 

Dara was in a horrible state after the coffee shop incident, she refused Chaerin invitation and rent a temporary apartement in Seoul city.
 
She has skipped away from school for nearly a week. She didn't answer anyone's call, she just stay there, crying her way to sleep.
 
She still trying to believe that Kwon Jiyong, the man of her dream was appearing before her very own eyes. She might sounded cheerful and cheesy while calling Jiyong's name, but deep down inside she hate it if she has to meet him in person, because she doesn't know what she should do, now what she hate to happen has happened, she has no clue how to straighten things up.
 
On the other side,
 
Chaerin is a mess, she was worried sick about Dara. Especially when she knew that Kwon Jiyong has return to their life, in facts, Kwon Jiyong was the one who filled her quisioner few days ago. She tried to look for Dara, but no to avail, Dara is nowhere to be found.
 
Chaerin also didn't bother to go to school, she didn't want people to see this side of her, she wanted to look always composed around people, and she's definitely not one today.
 
After gathering her energy, she stood up and run downstairs to grab her car and drive to Kwon Jiyong's house.
 
"YOU !", Chaerin furiously knocks Jiyong's door.
"OPEN THE DAMN DOOR!", she angrily tries to turn the door knob.
"Shh, come in", Jiyong opened the door and let her in.
Chaerin was about to pour her anger to the creature in front of her when ..
"Who's this?", Seungri stood up and pointed his finger innocently to Chaerin.
"Whoever you are, move your finger away", Chaerin impatiently nag Seungri.
"I'm Seungri, hyung is this your girlfriend?", Seungri turned to Jiyong.
It turns out that the 4 boys already dropped out of school because of boredom, Jiyong didn't bother to drop out because of a reason, Dara.
"Girlfriend your ", Jiyong scoffs at Seungri.
"Just asking", Seungri walks away from the erupting Jiyong.
"All of you, get out", Jiyong instructed his friends who was originally drinking wine.
They don't like it but seeing how the Dragon is about to breath fire, they chose to abide his words.
 
The rest of the boys then get out from the room while clutching some wine on their hands.
"Now what do you want?", Jiyong glanced at Chaerin.
"What do i want? Here's the thing, Dara is missing because of you", Chaerin shouted at his face.
Jiyong eyes almost popped out from the sockets, Dara's missing? Because of him?
"Mi-missing?", he couldn't even recognize his voice anymore.
"Yeah, you love it? You should've get out from the school along with your friends and leave us alone !", Chaerin frustratedly said and slumped to the ground.
"Please, i beg you, let me look for her too", he pleadedly said. He didn't want anything happen to her, ever.
"She ran away from you, what do you expect when you find her Jiyong? She'll freaks out", Chaerin heaved a deep sigh.
"Just let me handle this one, from now please get away from Dara", Chaerin buried her face on her hands.
She started to sobs while saying incomprehent words, Jiyong felt so sorry that he cause this much misery to his childhood friend.
He then sit beside Chaerin and patted her head softly. Chaerin leaned her head to his shoulder and circled her arms to his waist. Jiyong scooted closer and rubbed her arm gently. 
 
After a while, Chaerin lifted her head and met Jiyong's eyes. Jiyong got shock how drastic her changes is. He never saw this side of Chaerin, he always saw her as tough and independent girl. Jiyong the send her an apologetic look, "sorry Chaerin, but let me help you", he pleaded while wiping her tears.
Chaerin then slumped her shoulder, "Fine", she reclutantly agreed.
"Thank you, and i really miss you", Jiyong softly said.
"Miss me? You hated me since i didn't have sense of humor, i always silent and composed, unlike Dara", she crossed her arms while judging him. She then chuckled to herself because she sounded so childish.
"Still, we're friends, friend misses his old friend, what's wrong with that", he voiced out his reason.
"Nothing changed from you", she inspected Jiyong from head to toe.
"But you changed ! You laugh easily now !!", he laughed, make her feels embarrassed.
Yes, she realized herself that she has changed, and Jiyong is the one who mentioned it, makes her remember how he was years ago.
'Indeed, he never changed', she smiled to herself.