When Lee Hyukjae Came Into The Picture

Alice In Real World

Thailand is unreal. For my whole life, I’ve only known two places; Los Angeles and Seoul, and now that I’m touring with Super Junior I’ve been exposed to this side of the world that I always know existed but never had the chance to experience. And so far I am LOVING what I saw. The tour had gone on for a week now and Thailand was the second stop of the tour after Tokyo, which was a blast too. That night where Lee, Silver, Nate and I went out for drinks at Tokyo turned out to be the highlight of the visit. Remember when Nate and I were planning to prank Lee and Silver by spiking their drinks? Well, that plan sort of got modified as we went along, resulting in me and Silver laughing our asses off as Lee and Nate started to got up and did this weird version of Lady GaGa’s dance in the Bad Romance video cause they were just THAT drunk. And yep, I could safely say that Silver and I were indeed the culprits who brought endless rounds of sake for Nate and Lee just cause we wanted to see how much they can hold their alcohol. I swear to god, I’ve never seen Nate so drunk like that night, it was so much fun, basically. Although it wasn’t that fun when I had to stay awake almost for the whole night, rubbing the back of Nate’s neck as he was puking his guts out in the bathroom. What was I supposed to do, leave the guy there all by himself when I was the one who got him that drunk? No, I love him too much to do that. I fixed my dark aviators that started slipping down the bridge of my nose as I looked around the scene at the beach here in Phuket. The guys had a day off before their show tomorrow and were rewarded with a little R and R, as in a full day at Phuket and they were surely enjoying it as they were scattered around playing volleyball and some are just lounging around sunbathing. I couldn’t help but to pick up my camera and snapping some pictures of the guys, and then suddenly Hee screamed at me,

                “Baby girl, put the thing down, you’re not working today!”

Oh no he did NOT say that! I looked up and threw a dirty look at Hee who was playing volleyball with Lee, Kyu and Nate, while Nate had already blown up laughing when he saw the look that I was giving at Hee. Of course Nate understood the reason behind that look.

“Hee, how dare you call my baby ‘the thing’?! Shame on you, pretty boy, and my baby is mad at you now!”

“You seriously need a boyfriend if you started calling your camera ‘baby’. And how many times do I have to tell you, call me oppa!”

“Uh uh, never knew a word of Korean and I’m not gonna start to learn even if you threatened me to.”

I flashed Hee a big grin after I said that while he just laughed, making a motion of as if he was about to throw the volley ball at me and I pretend to blew a kiss at that. He pretended like he caught the kiss with his palm and placed it on his lips, making kissy face at me before turning back to play volleyball, leaving me nearly keel over by how much I was laughing at what he did. Being their photographer for this cycle of the tour isn’t work, I’m just getting paid to do something that I love AND hang out with my best friend and most probably the craziest group of guys in the whole Korea who call themselves Super Junior. How awesome is that, right? To tell you the truth, I was never the one who are good at making friends. I’m totally introverted to the point that I found it difficult to be around new people. Although that doesn’t apply to Nate and I, it still took me a few years to adjust myself to the guys when Nate joined SM Entertainment. But after a few years, well, you can see for yourself, Hee becomes, like, my big brother, Lee and Silver are my partners in crime, and the rest are the most awesome guys in their own ways. And um… speaking of Silver, well I think I started to see some truth in what Lee said. You know, about that thing where Lee said that Silver had a thing for me. There was nothing out of the ordinary about how I’ve been interacting with Silver, cause we still talk and joke around like we used to but… there was just something extra to it now that no one really noticed other than Lee, of course. It’s in the little things that he kept doing to me this past week that made me realize that maybe Lee was telling the truth. If me and the guys were to go somewhere, Silver always managed to at least walk with me and sit beside me throughout the journey. And if we were at least a couple feet away, I always caught him stealing glances at me every once in awhile. How do I notice this, you ask? Cause somehow I started paying more and more attention on Silver after hearing what Lee said the first day I joined them on tour, and I also didn’t do anything whenever Silver started doing his thing, I sort of just… enjoyed his company and his attention. There’s nothing wrong with that, right?

                “Aren’t you gonna at least get out of the shade and enjoy the sun?”

Well, speak of the devil. Just as I had started thinking about Silver, there he was standing in front of me, blocking the sunlight from blasting directly at me. I took off my aviators and propped it on top of my head to get a better look at him as he bent down and supported his weight by holding on to his knees with his face looked up at me, and I thought to myself, he looked great.

                “Wait, Silver, hold that, don’t move.”

I picked up my camera again and took a picture of Silver in that position, but I purposely left the upper part of his face and only caught it from the nose down.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I looked at the result on the small digital screen on my camera and grinned at Silver.

                “By the look on your face, I’d say it was good.”

He said grinning back at me before walking over to where I was sitting down legs crossed on the sand and sat closely beside me. A little too close, maybe, but like I said earlier, I just didn’t seem to mind. I handed him my camera and he looked at the result of the picture, smiling as he handed the camera back to me.

“My only question is why didn’t you start working as a photographer earlier? Cause that picture that you just took is good and I wanna steal it for my Twitter avatar right away.”

I smiled and shrugged my shoulders at that as I placed my camera on my lap.

“I guess… I never really had enough confidence to start. Until I got this job with you guys, that is.”

“Why? I mean, you do know you’re good, right?”

“Yeah, but I just… always think that even though I’m good there’ll always be people who are better.”

“Stop right there. Just stop at the part where you think you’re good and just… screw everything else.”

I could only laugh at what he said cause the way he said it and the hand gestures that he was making was just hilarious to begin with. After my laughter subsided, we fell into a comfortable silence. I looked over at the beach but from the corner of my eyes, I could tell that Silver numerously glanced at me. Why do I get a feeling that something’s gonna happen?

                “Alice, you don’t happen to be… seeing anyone back at the States, right?”

This is it. I knew it, I just knew it. Oh my god, what am I supposed to say? Wait, why am I freaking out?

                “Um… I think Hee had made it painfully clear that I don’t.”

He laughed lightly and played around with his hair for awhile, seriously looking like he was nervous, or something. This was a rare sight because the Silver I see on stage and in front of people was nothing like the Silver sitting beside me right now.

“Well, in that case… do you wanna go out with me some time for like, a dinner, maybe just some drinks, or something? Um… well, it’s basically a date.”

Oh wow, finally the ultimate question. I seriously didn’t know what to say that time. All sorts of things were running around in my head as I thought of what to answer Silver. I mean, I know I’m single so I have every right to answer yes to Silver’s question but, how can I say yes so quickly when the first thing that came to my mind when Silver asked me out was Nate? Wouldn’t I be some sort of a hypocrite if I’m in love with Nate but then go on a date with Silver? Plus, he’s Nate’s band mate and best friend, too. And even if I say no, what am I gonna say to Silver? I surely can’t say ‘sorry, I can’t go out with you cause I’m hopelessly in love with your band mate’, right? I was about to open my mouth to answer Silver when suddenly I was distracted by Hee, who was screaming something in Korean while pointing at me. And the next thing that happened was Lee suddenly ran to me and snatched my camera, my aviators and my phone altogether and gave them to Silver and hooked both his arms below mine from behind me while Nate, out of nowhere, grabbed both my legs and carried me away from the shade. I started kicking and screaming for them to let me go as I realized that we were nearing the beach and they obviously were planning to throw me there. I could hear Hee and the rest of the guys cackling in the background as I swore back and forth, throwing all sorts of threats at Lee and Nate so they’d let me go. But of course they fell on deaf ears as I flew in the air when they threw me and I hit the salty sea water seconds later. These guys are unbelievable.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“No way! So he finally grew a pair and asked you out after shamelessly flirting with you this past week, huh? That’s interesting.”

“Oh yes way. And before I had the time to answer, you geniuses decided to threw me into the beach.”

Lee was hanging out in my hotel room that night, after the show at Bangkok had wrapped. He was lying on my bed while I sat on the little sofa in front of the bed, hugging my feet and resting my chin on my knees. He actually wanted us to go out for drinks just like when we were in Tokyo but this time it didn’t happen cause I basically had threatened Lee that I’d cut his balls off in his sleep if he dragged me out again cause I was just way too tired to go out. He amazingly obliged at that threat, mumbling something about still wanting to have kids in the future, or something. Such a weird dude. It was three days after Phuket and until now, I still haven’t decided on what to say to Silver after he asked me out. Things after Phuket were so hectic that we actually didn’t even have the time to be alone, hence for me to give him an answer. Although even if the time presented itself, I’m still not sure about what my decision is.

                “Holy ! So that’s when he asked you out?”

                “Yep, literally seconds before you dragged me to the beach.”

We grinned at each other as Lee sat up on the bed excitedly. I didn’t know that it meant that much to him that his best friend had finally asked me out cause his reaction was just… this weird mix of excitement and pride at the same time, like when a mom sent her daughter out to prom, or something, it was just so weird.

                “So have you told him your answer yet?”

                “Well… I sort of… haven’t.”

That look of excitement on Lee’s face was suddenly changed into a frown after what I said. He moved and sat on the edge of the bed in front of me, as if he’d get a better answer from me if he did that.

                “Do you… like Hyukjae at all, Alice?”

“I think… he’s cute and everything, and he can REALLY dance and that’s always a plus. And he’s crazy in this… adorable way, not like that sort of turning me off crazy, like you.”

I said with my index finger pointed directly at Lee and he just laughed at that. But I seriously surprised myself when I said all those things about Silver. Have I been really thinking about him that much?

“I’m gonna let that slide for now cause it’s my best friend we’re talking about here. So what’s holding you back?”

                “I… seriously don’t know.”

“My good god, make up your mind, woman! You just said it yourself that he’s cute and adorable and all that , but you still can’t even decide to go out with him and put the guy out of his misery? See, this is why I don’t date quirky girls like you, you’re WAY too complicated. ”

“Okay, first of all, is that supposed to be a come back line after what I said? Cause you’re failing majorly at that. And second of all, you can’t JUST go out with someone without being really sure of that person. Oh, and about him, when did all this start anyway? You know, him starting to have a thing for me, or something?”

“A couple years ago, I think, I’m not really sure. One day, he just said out of the blue, ‘Alice is kinda cool, huh?’ Oh, and every time Siwon brought you to our dorm when you’re in Seoul, he’s always… like, trying to at least get your attention, or something. And let’s not forget the fact that he’s grinning like a total idiot when Siwon told us you’ll be coming on tour with us. Man, I was about a second away from slapping him silly cause the dude just couldn’t stop grinning!”

I can’t help but to smile at what Lee said. To tell you the truth, it’s been a long time since I dated anyone and I gotta say that I’m not used to this kind of attention I was getting from Silver. And then this is the point where you’re probably wondering, ‘isn’t she supposed to be in love with Nate? Then why does she said she had dated someone before?’ Well, I didn’t exactly give up cold turkey on dating because I was in love with Nate. I had dated a few guys in the past, two guys to be exact, but the bitter thing that I realized after I had dated them was that I didn’t exactly see them for who they are, but how much they remind me of Nate. I look for guys who look like Nate, speak like him, acts like him, so in short, I was looking for Nate in them all along, and I just think that that’s not good at all. Back to whole Silver thing, when I say that I’m not used to it, it didn’t mean that I don’t like it. I mean, it’s a really nice change from my emotionally-masochistic side when I had to endure hearing Nate talking on and on about his girlfriend and I had to pretend like I was just okay with that, just because of the sheer fact that I love this guy more than anything.   

                “Man, look at you, getting all smitten on me! I’m so telling Hyukjae about this.”

“What the ? What are you, twelve? Don’t breathe a word about this to him or I’m seriously gonna be real with what I said and cut your balls off and feed them to my dog, I swear to god.”

“Jeez, okay, fine, psycho chick, I won’t tell him anything.”

“Good boy. Now give me a foot rub.”

I said as I picked up my right foot and rested it on Lee’s thigh. He looked at my foot and back to my face with a weird look on his face, kind of like he was watching me grow another eye in the middle of my forehead before breaking into a giggle and slapping my foot away from his lap.

“Donghae, you better not be harassing her again or I’m gonna beat the crap outta you.”

Both Lee and I looked up at Nate who just walked into my room. I left the door open on purpose at Nate’s orders who strictly told me that I was to keep the door always open when one of his band mates are hanging out in my room. I know, I know, all of you are probably saying ‘why on earth did he have to do that?’ Well see, around two nights ago, Hee was hanging out with me in my room, the door was closed and he suddenly had this brilliant idea to order a bottle of wine. That bottle of wine then led to another one and the next thing we knew, both Hee and I had finished four bottles of wine and were just going crazy, laughing and screaming cause we were so deadbeat drunk. The noises that Hee and I were making attracted most of the guys who, thanks to Nate, are always placed on the same floor as mine in every hotel we were in and practically all nine of them were banging on the door, ordering me to open the locked door cause they thought that Hee was torturing me, or something when in fact, well we were just too drunk. I kinda can see why the guys were weirdly worried about me being in the same room as Hee when we were both that drunk cause, well… Hee was a weird kind of drunk and can do the most outrageous things when he’s intoxicated. But still, jeez, do they really have to call the hotel’s security just so they can get in? And then later on, Lee told me that he’d never seen Nate so angry and worried that he almost tore the door off its hinges. That’s my Nate to you, always being the over-protective mama bear.

“Aish, what is with you two today? She threatened to cut my balls off in my sleep and now you’re threatening to beat the crap out of me, psychotic much?”

                “Yeah, Nate, I think we should cut him some slack, at least he’s not staring at my chest now.”    

                “Speaking of which…”

Lee’s eyes flickered with the most devious glint as they started to travel slowly but surely from my face and can you believe it, down to my chest. That of course earned a slap on the head, courtesy of Nate as he sat down beside Lee on the bed. I blew up laughing when I saw the look of pure disgust on Lee’s face as he looked at Nate while rubbing the spot that Nate had slapped on the back of his head.

                “You two are on my list, you know that?”

Lee said, pointing at me and Nate with a very vengeful glare that did nothing but making Nate and I looked at each other and started giggling at Lee. A split second later, Silver also walked into my room. Lee immediately smiled smugly while looking at me and Silver and I quickly sent my most deadliest threatening glare at him. I swear to god, by the look on his face, he was just about ready to spill out everything that I told him to keep as a secret. Silver looked quite surprised to see that Nate and Lee were in that room too, but he quickly composed himself and looked at me,

                “Uh… Alice, can I talk to you for a minute?”

Silver motioned his head towards the door as he said that. Ok, so he wanted us to have a private conversation. And um… well, I kinda get a feeling what this conversation’s gonna be. I just nodded my head at that and stood up from the couch, following Silver out of my room. Oh , what am I gonna say to him?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think Alice should say? Kekeke :P Anyway, the pic doesn't really fit with the description but that's the closest one I can find... =] As usual, beautiful AFF peeps, please read, subscribe, comment and all that jazz, any one of those would TOTALLY make me happy... Enjoy! :)